The 2016 Disney Parks Moms Panel Search Begins!

Hello everyone, I applied on the 8th first thing in the morning but I still have not received a confirmation email! I am freaking out! It said my application was accepted but not receiving a confirmation email is making me nervous~ Anyone else not receive one??? If you did receive one how soon after you applied?

I never received one, but I also got a confirmation on the confirmation page. I just worry that if I didn't receive that one then I may not get the Round 2 "Yes" notification!

Hi everyone! Long time reader, first time poster (under this name anyway....had an account but can't remember username/password...so I created a new one...lol!) Happy to be in the waiting room with everyone!! I've been on FB and Twitter too...@prosewithpoise....so much excitement! Thought I'd play along!! Here ya go!

First Set of Getting to Know You
1) First name:
Jen
2) Specialty applied for: WDW
3) Location: NJ
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): DS7, DD4
5) Favorite Disney character: Everyone! But, more specifically...Belle, Woody, Dory, Cinderella, Anna
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: Soarin' and Tower of Terror
7) Favorite Disney treat: Mickey Bar

Second Set
1) Favorite Disney animated movie:
Toy Story
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Maleficent
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Toy Story 4
4) Favorite Disney song: So many! Probably "Be Our Guest"
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Belle

UCA Nationals 2/95 :cheer2:, Engagement Trip 6/03:love:, Honeymoon 10/05 :love2:, 1st Anniversary 10/06 :hug: , Family Trip 4/07:grouphug:, 2nd Anniversary 10/07 :lovestruc, Weekend Trip 6/10 :thumbsup2, DS 1st Trip 10/10 ::MickeyMo, DD 1st Trip 11/14 ::MinnieMo, 10th Anniversary 10/15:tink::cloud9:

Round 3

Favorite Disney Characters (by classification):
  • Princess: Cinderella
  • Prince: Charming
  • Non-Royal Hero: Mulan
  • Villain: Anastasia
  • Friend/Sidekick: Piglet
  • Mammal: Eeyore
  • Bird: Owl
  • Reptile: Pascal
  • Insect: Flik
  • Aquatic Animal: Flounder
  • Toy: Woody
  • Vehicle: Mater

• Princess: Belle
  • Prince: Prince Phillip
  • Non-Royal Hero: Flynn Rider
  • Villain: Maleficent
  • Friend/Sidekick: Genie
  • Mammal: Pooh
  • Bird: Archimedes
  • Insect: Francis
  • Aquatic Animal: Dory
  • Toy: Woody
  • Vehicle: Lightning McQueen

*edit - I change my bird. It's Archimedes from The Sword in the Stone! I can't believe I forgot about him!

Last edited:

• Princess: Belle
  • Prince: the Beast
  • Non-Royal Hero: Bert the Chimney Sweep
  • Villain: Evil Queen (Snow White)
  • Friend/Sidekick: Anna (yeah, I know she's a princess too, but not the main one in the story, so...)
  • Mammal: Nana (Peter Pan)
  • Bird: Kevin (Up)
  • Reptile: Figment
  • Insect: Jiminy Cricket
  • Aquatic Animal: Krush
  • Toy: Pinocchio (pre-Blue Fairy) or Woody
  • Vehicle: Magic Carpet

And to catch up....

First Set of Getting to Know You
1) First name:
Mary
2) Specialty applied for: WDW
3) Location: NJ
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): 5 kids between 29 and 12, 4 grandchildren 12 to 4
5) Favorite Disney character: I have a special fondness for Wendy, Belle, Anna, Alice and Pinocchio
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: Tower of Terror; Haunted Mansion
7) Favorite Disney treat: Dole Whip

Second Set
1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Beauty and the Beast

2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Mary Poppins
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: Toy Story 4
4) Favorite Disney song: Beauty and the Beast or Let's Go Fly A Kite
5) Your Disney doppelgänger - Wendy

Can anyone tell us what the process is from this point on if one does get a round 2 notification? Is there another round of online questions, phone call or what the next step is? First time applying, just wondering.

Hi Everyone!

Wow! So many first timers! Welcome to this exciting and nerve-wracking process, and best of luck to you! There is such wonderful support for fellow applicants here -- everyone truly cheers each other on. I have seen only a couple of long-time applicants here so far this year. For the record, I have applied every year except the first, made it to R2 most years and R3 once in 2012. I have named myself the Susan Lucci of the Moms Panel!

I usually stay away from social media during the "active" phases of the application process. I'll check in more often when we get to the notifications. Round 2 usually happens mid October. Round 2 is similar to Round 1. Several questions to answer, with a video question that you need to upload. Round 3 notifications usually come out very end of October or beginning of November. Round 3 in the past has been a telephone interview, which takes place around the second week of November. If you are selected for Round 3, you will fill out a form with contact information. Someone from Disney will contact you to set up an interview time. Last year the entire process seemed a little later than usual by a week or so. This is how it has been in the past, but of course it is entirely possible things can be changed up. My expectation is that R2 notifications will come out the end of next week.

Good Luck everyone!

• Princess: Anna
  • Prince: Prince Charming
  • Non-Royal Hero: Lewis/Cornelius (Meet the Robinsons)
  • Villain: Scar
  • Friend/Sidekick: Mater
  • Mammal: Dug
  • Bird: Kevin (Up)
  • Insect: Flik
  • Toy: Slinky Dog (Jim Varney) and Woody
  • Vehicle: Guido

Can anyone tell us what the process is from this point on if one does get a round 2 notification? Is there another round of online questions, phone call or what the next step is? First time applying, just wondering.

This is my first time applying, but from reading other posts it seems there are usually 4 rounds. Round 2 has a video response, and round 3 is a phone interview. I haven't seen any details about round 4 though. Good luck!

Round 4 was a new wrinkle added last year (and perhaps the year before -- I don't recall). I believe it was one more question. Does anyone else remember? 2012 and prior, there were only 3 rounds. Now that Gary Buchanan is no longer running the search, who knows if there will be a round 4.

I just found this board and spent the last hour reading the WHOLE thread!

I applied for the first time this year and share everyone's butterflies while waiting for word on round 2.

So, here goes!

Round 1

1) First name: Marsha but The Husband calls me Lou
2) Specialty applied for: Disneyland!
3) Location: OK
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): a 16 year old daughter, 19 (soon to be 20) nieces and nephews, 3 furbabies and 416 students!
5) Favorite Disney character: Donald Duck
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and the Matterhorn
7) Favorite Disney treat: Dole Whip

Round 2
1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Sleeping Beauty
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Mary Poppins
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: STAR WARS baby!
4) Favorite Disney song: Let's Go Fly A Kite
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Mary Poppins, I mean, my classroom theme is Mary Poppins so....

Round 3
  • Princess: Sleeping Beauty
  • Prince: Prince Phillip
  • Non-Royal Hero: Peter Pan
  • Villain: Maleficent
  • Friend/Sidekick: Tinkerbell
  • Mammal: The Big Cheese Mickey!
  • Bird: Donald Duck
  • Reptile: Tick Tock Crock
  • Toy: Teddy (The Rescuers)
  • Vehicle: Benny the Cab (Roger Rabbit)

Last edited:
  • Princess: Snow White
  • Prince: Aladdin
  • Non-Royal Hero: Bianca and Bernard
  • Villain: Ursula
  • Friend/Sidekick: Mushu
  • Mammal: Maximus
  • Bird: Zazu
  • Reptile: Bill the Lizard
  • Insect: Evinrude
  • Aquatic Animal: Sebastian
  • Toy: Mr. Potato Head
  • Vehicle: RC

• Princess: Aurora
  • Prince: Phillip
  • Non-Royal Hero: Violet incredible
  • Villain: Malefacent
  • Friend/Sidekick: Edna
  • Mammal: Pegasus
  • Bird: iago
  • Reptile: Pasquale
  • Insect: Francis the lady bug
  • Aquatic Animal: Bruce the shark
  • Toy: lotso
  • Vehicle: the black pearl

Hello all! This is my first time applying as well. It was fun to go through the application process and even just being able to let Disney know how much visiting Disney means to me was a pleasure!

Here's my go!!

Round 1
1) First name: Claudia
2) Specialty applied for: Disney World!
3) Location: ON, Canada
4) Kids/Grandkids (nieces/nephews/furbabies/etc.): a 9 year old daughter, 6 year old son, 2 (almost 3) year old son
5) Favorite Disney character: Mickey!
6) Favorite Disney ride/attraction: It's a Small World
7) Favorite Disney treat: Mickey Bar

Round 2
1) Favorite Disney animated movie: Cinderella
2) Favorite Disney non-animated movie: Cinderella
3) Upcoming Disney movie you are most looking forward to: STAR WARS (can't wait!!!)
4) Favorite Disney song: When you Wish Upon a Star
5) Your Disney doppelgänger: Mary Poppins (I played her in my Grade 7 school play :))

Round 3
  • Princess: Cinderella
  • Prince: Flynn Ryder
  • Non-Royal Hero: Peter Pan
  • Villain: Ursula
  • Friend/Sidekick: Mushu
  • Mammal: Mickey!
  • Bird: Donald Duck
  • Reptile: Tick Tock Crock
  • Aquatic Animal: Sebastian
  • Toy: Buzz Lightyear
  • Vehicle: Lightning McQueen

In case I don't make it through to the next round please let me know how you all do! Love to hear the details of your journey!!
Best Wishes!!!

Members of the Facebook group are reporting they are getting their emails right NOW! nothing in my inbox yet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter