• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

pinnocchiosdad

DIS Veteran
If you are like me, there are things that you adore, and things that you would change about your home resort. Lets hear 1 from the love column and 1 from the highly dislike column.

Ill go first:

BLT, love the morning walk to the MK. Hate the minimal amenities at the TOTWL.

Next batter!!!

Well, we own at both BLT and SSR and the only one I can comment on is SSR since we will be doing our first BLT stay coming up.

At SSR we loved the feel of the resort and the atmosphere. We felt so relaxed there, almost like we weren't in the middle of WDW. What I wasn't in love with, but did get used to it after our first day, was the bus system and the fact that the whole resort is so spread out. We were in Congress Park and it felt like forever to get back to our room after a long day at the parks. We did decide that the next time we will stay at SSR for a longer period of time (when we stayed there it was for 3 nights), we will either drive and have our own car or rent a car. The same will go whenever we stay at OKW.

We own multiple contracts, all at OKW. We love the ability to park right outside your villa (among a multitude of other things). I wish there was room service ( although I can understand why there isn't).

BCV-Love the walk to EPCOT, my favorite park. Hate the lack of good balcony views.

BWV
Best location and best view (boardwalk) on site
Worst bus system in the universe.

BLT here. On the pro side, you can not beat the convenience, and I love the Monorail and Top of the World lounge and the views (you can see the Fantasyland construction and all the fireworks!) On the con side, it'd be nice to have a little area where you could get things like hot water, coffee, danishes, etc. for breakfast instead of having to go all the way over to the Contemporary -- but that's it.

SSR-
Best- love taking the boat to DTD
Worst- it's not next door to Epcot IG (can anyone fix that? LOL)

VWL
Best - The theming and proximity to the MK
Worst - Toss up between the dumpster view and the fact they won't just let me live there! ;)

BLT - love pretty much everything but I do hate that there are no sheer curtains in the rooms.

BWV - love the location of the resort and the BW views but hate how they fill the mugs in a different cup.

BLT... Love the location, can't beat it.. HATE.. Lack of BLT gear available to purchase compared to other resorts. (the selection at SSR is awesome)

VWL - Love the private woods view, hate that there are no Grand Villas.
BLT- Love that the 1 bedroom has two bathrooms, hate that the pool is so small.

AKV---love seeing the animals right outside the room
---wish there was more than 1 transportation option

BWV - Love the view of the boardwalk from the BWV villas, Hate the long hallways.

AKV - Love the animals, Hate that some of the views are really bad (people pens)

OKW love the fact u can pull right up to door, love the atmospere, Olivia's, the boat ride to DTD. Dislike, I would say the buses but I do not like any Disney buses, we now use our own vehice to go to the parks.

WL love the look of the resort, location, boat ride to MK, Roaring Forks, Artist Point. Least favorite pool area of all the resorts we have done.

BWV - love the view, location, dislike that there are only 1 set of elevators. Stupid design mistake.

We have 2 home resorts.
SSR
Love: proximity to DtD
Hate: Open hallways, I don't really hate it I just would prefer it to be totally enclosed.

AKV
Love: 2nd bathroom in the 1 bedroom units
Hate: I really can't think of anything that I hate!

SSR: Love the laid back, relaxed feeling. A bit of an escape from the parks.

Hate that it feels a bit like an apartment complex with outdoor hallways and having to walk through parking lots to get places.

HH: Love the views of the marsh. I am not one of the people that wish it were on the ocean. I love the location on the marsh. (Could go on and on with things I like, but you said top thing we like).

Hate: Not really anything other than no zero entry pool at hotel or beach house. In two years when our youngest is swimming this won't matter to us.

AKV- love sitting on the balcony - love the artwork - love the 'feel' of the resort. No con's for me.

BCV - Love the location - quick walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios. dislike how rundown it's gotten.

OKW- LOVE: the size of the rooms (especially the kitchen...compared to other villas like BWV and BCV, OKW's rooms are huge :D)
DON'T LOVE: it's not close to any of the four main parks...true you can boat to DD, but that's nothing compared to walking into EPCOT early in the morning and having breakfast in france while your staying at BWV or BCV...OKW is definitely one of my favorites, but BWV may beat it by just a little since you can walk to EPCOT...we used to have points in BWV but unfortunately we only have points in OKW now...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter