Tell me that I have made the right choice...

mevelandry

DIS Veteran
I heard great reviews about Remy.

I just booked it.

I don't eat fish and sea food (or anything related to caviar or escargot). I don't like foie gras, either.

Will I find something to eat over there?

Thanks in advance.

My recommendation...keep the booking. When you board the ship, you will see on the Navigator a time and place to go to book Palo or Remy. Go there, let them know you have a reservation, and tell them of your concern. They will go over the menu with you and help you decide if they can provide a menu that you will enjoy and that won't be a waste of your money.

Based on what you have said, I kind of doubt you will wind up wanting to eat at Remy, but I would hate for you to cancel the reservation before you have a chance to look at the menu and see what they can work out for you. It is a really special restaurant.

Do you have a reservation at Palo? I think your food preferences would be very well suited there. (The rack of lamb is to die for, and do not skip the chocolate souffle for dessert.)

I also doubt you will want to eat at Remy. It is very french...small portions and lots of sauces. I'm happy I went and experienced it once but I will probably never go again. I would rather take the $75 and go to Palo 3 times in the same sailing....once for brunch and twice for dinner.

Yes, we are booked at Palo as well.

What I see on the menu that I think I would eat:
  • Veal Sweetbreads — Black Barley Risotto
  • Tomate — Tomato Tart and Essence
  • Kobe Beef — Gratin, Thyme Jus
  • Veau Carotte — Carrot, Mustard

But when I google the pictures, it all seem so small. Anything else coming with those "entrées"? Cheese? Dessert?

Last edited:

Should I just book Palo twice instead?
You won't be able to book Palo twice on line. You can book a second Palo night once you board however.

Before doing that, I'd suggest you keep an open mind about Remy. I'm basically a very plain eater and would normally never pick some of the items on the Remy menu but I was amazed at how good things were. If you haven't already found them, I did a review of both Palo and Remy for FoodieTales. You can find the link in my Sig below.

I heard great reviews about Remy.

I just booked it.

I don't eat fish and sea food (or anything related to caviar or escargot). I don't like foie gras, either.

Will I find something to eat over there?

Thanks in advance.
I am allergic to fish and seafood, I told them in advance and they made me my own special menu.

You won't be able to book Palo twice on line. You can book a second Palo night once you board however.

Before doing that, I'd suggest you keep an open mind about Remy. I'm basically a very plain eater and would normally never pick some of the items on the Remy menu but I was amazed at how good things were. If you haven't already found them, I did a review of both Palo and Remy for FoodieTales. You can find the link in my Sig below.

Oh my mind is very open... I saw one or two things that I think I might like.

p.s.: I can't find your Remy review on your website... Do you have a direct link? (Thanks in advance)

We (my husband and I) ate at Remy in July on the Dream and it was great! We also don't eat any type of seafood, fish, etc.
ETA: I should add that going into it I thought it was a one-time thing, but it was so good we're planning on eating there again this coming July (this time on the Fantasy).

I posted about it in my trip report, here's the link if you want to check it out! I totally think you should keep the booking. :)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ud...ream-trip-report.3383366/page-4#post-53274424

We (my husband and I) ate at Remy in July on the Dream and it was great! We also don't eat any type of seafood, fish, etc.
ETA: I should add that going into it I thought it was a one-time thing, but it was so good we're planning on eating there again this coming July (this time on the Fantasy).

I posted about it in my trip report, here's the link if you want to check it out! I totally think you should keep the booking. :)
http://www.disboards.com/threads/ud...ream-trip-report.3383366/page-4#post-53274424

Wow. Thanks for that review.Now, I want to go eat at Remy TONIGHT. :banana:

Yes, we are booked at Palo as well.

What I see on the menu that I think I would eat:
  • Veal Sweetbreads — Black Barley Risotto
  • Tomate — Tomato Tart and Essence
  • Kobe Beef — Gratin, Thyme Jus
  • Veau Carotte — Carrot, Mustard

But when I google the pictures, it all seem so small. Anything else coming with those "entrées"? Cheese? Dessert?

Yes, there is a cheese course and a dessert, but it's really a matter of what's on the menu at that time. I ate at Remy about a week ago on the Fantasy, and the only dish of the four you listed that I recall was the Tomate. What I had was quite seafood-heavy, which you would not have liked.

Seriously, talk to them, see what they can put together for you, and don't feel bad about canceling if you doubt you will enjoy it.

My boyfriend does not eat anything out of the water either - and is not fond of meats that are not chicken, turkey, beef or pork. He loved Remy and found enough to eat.

The portions might look small, but you get several courses and I guarantee you that by the end of the meal you will be struggling to finish dessert!

I'm allergic to seafood (all seafood) and I was able to modify the French menu. I do love foie gras but there are lots of other options too. Yes, the portions are small, but after 5-6 of the, you will be full. I was having a hard time with dessert but it was sooo good I worked hard to finish it. Keep an open mind; you might find you like stuff you didn't even know you did.

I'll definitely talk with someone to make sure we like the menu.

I was wondering how many "services" (we say that in french) Remy is. What do you get?

Bread, appetizer, entrée, cheese and dessert?

I went to Remy with DH and 2 oldest boys. DH doesn't eat anything that lives in water. Son #2 isn't a very adventurous eater. We went with the attitude that we were all going to order something different so that we could try everything. We weren't going to necessarily read the descriptions so that we didn't have any preconceived ideas of "I'm not going to like this". We don't have any food allergies so that wasn't an issue but if you told them of any allergies they could make sure you didn't accidentally eat something you shouldn't. Anyway, we all loved absolutely everything! Honestly I can't remember everything I tried but it all was delicious. DH even tried fish and loved it!

I'm a vegetarian - no meat, no fish, but OK with eggs and dairy. The chef made a custom menu just for me (I let them know in advance). The rest of my party ate from the standard Amercian and French menu. Every dollar I spent at Remy was worth it - please don't just read the Remy menu and decide. They WILL do custom menus if you need it. They will provide you with a Michelin-rated experience without the pretentious atmosphere....they are there to answer any questions you have. We love Remy - have had two dinners and one brunch and would go back again in a heartbeat. It is simply one of the best food experiences we've ever had.

I'm a vegetarian - no meat, no fish, but OK with eggs and dairy. The chef made a custom menu just for me (I let them know in advance). The rest of my party ate from the standard Amercian and French menu. Every dollar I spent at Remy was worth it - please don't just read the Remy menu and decide. They WILL do custom menus if you need it. They will provide you with a Michelin-rated experience without the pretentious atmosphere....they are there to answer any questions you have. We love Remy - have had two dinners and one brunch and would go back again in a heartbeat. It is simply one of the best food experiences we've ever had.
They made you a menu for brunch? I just booked Remy brunch and dinner for an upcoming cruise but was a little concerned about the fixed menu because I am a vegetarian as well. When did you let them know? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter