• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

No problem! They all tasted muy delicioso. ;)

Wow, lookie what I found! Those recipes look great CE. Please, please my non-brown friends... promise you'll never put lettuce in a burrito! Ay dios mio! :lmao:

Yo se. :( No one did, if it makes you feel better. ;) It's sadly in Betty's recipe. Betty, she isn't brown. :rolleyes1:rotfl:

I'm so going to make the chili relleno enchildas! Those sound amazing. :thumbsup2Another good chili for rellenos is Chile Pasilla.

I have to tell you, they were super, super good. And hot. :thumbsup2 The green salsa was the key. ;) I made half green and half red, but the green kicked butt. :rotfl:

I have to say, I'm pretty proud. :upsidedow We served three dishes we'd never tried before to 7 other people :eek:, and everyone was raving. It's not that we did anything but follow recipes, but I guess since we're willing to try something unusual (at least in the Northeast... :rolleyes:)... ;)

It's yearly, and we've done the last two years as Asian - which we also rock at (yeah, I'm cocky... ) but this was SO freaking good... And truly, not that complicated. :thumbsup2

:eek: It is on its ninth season, it is about Superman before he was Superman. Hottest Clark Kent ever!

::yes:: Yes, yes he is!!! I :love:Tom Welling. BTW I'm a big Smallville fan too, although they changed the day they show it so now I'm behind. :guilty:

Jo: Boots is adorable!!! :cat: Tell the girls that they sleep a lot, but to enjoy their kitten years when they're Super curious and love to play with everything. Don't bother buying toys. Just get boxes, paper bags and string and she'll entertain herself. ;)

Janet/ CE: missed you guys too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well had a lazy weekend.

I still have the stray kittens. 1 died after I got back from Disney and then the next week another one died. :guilty::sad1: Now another one is sick and I'm worried, tomorrow I'm gonna go see if the vet will let me do a payment plan to give him at least medications. He has an upper respiratory infection a.k.a A cold, but their not good for cats. Here's hoping.

Otherwise I've just been busy working and I'm just too tired to do anything but veg out and watch the Golden Girls. :happytv:

Anyway, TTFN!

::yes:: Yes, yes he is!!! I :love:Tom Welling. BTW I'm a big Smallville fan too, although they changed the day they show it so now I'm behind. :guilty:

This season has been amazing! They are finally delivering all the awesome Clois moments that the fans have been aching for for years. Totally "squee" worthy. :lovestruc :love: :laughing: I found a great Smallville forum that I am starting to haunt on a regular basis. The show I am sadly behind on is Supernatural, Jensen and Jared, double yum! :love: :laughing: Say what you will about The CW/WB but they sure know how to put together a pretty cast. ;)

Lindsey is doing great in school. No notes sent home, no yellow cards, and really no trouble...YET. I need to knock on some wood for our luck to continue on that though. She got a progress report a few weeks ago and was doing excellant in all subjects and really is just lovning school and the 1st grade.
Fantastic and it's great to see you :goodvibes

Jo- Boots is too cute! My favorite picture is the second one! :lmao: Our neighbor adopted a cat and it's name was Boots. They told us they renamed it, but we don't remember the name so we call him NotBoots, like Not Bob. :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: and glad you're feeling better!

What a precious picture! See how they suck you in with love? :lovestruc

Love my Reid but things are never in the correct place after company. ;)
They sure do and I know what you mean, Em's boys moved everything :rotfl2:

:lmao: I'm still so freakin embarrassed that I introduced him to D as Bob. :rotfl:I blame Mel. ::yes:: ;) LY, Mel. :hug:
I thought he was called Bob too :rotfl2: Sorry about the snow :hug:

Jo: Boots is adorable!!! :cat: Tell the girls that they sleep a lot, but to enjoy their kitten years when they're Super curious and love to play with everything. Don't bother buying toys. Just get boxes, paper bags and string and she'll entertain herself. ;)
Will do and I'm so sorry about your kitties :hug:

Well there were big screams this morning, the girls were playing with Boots before school and she wee'd all over Jessica in her school uniform :rotfl2: She wasn't happy!!!! We kept telling them to not be too excitable with her but they didn't listen :sad2::rotfl2:

Well there were big screams this morning, the girls were playing with Boots before school and she wee'd all over Jessica in her school uniform :rotfl2: She wasn't happy!!!! We kept telling them to not be too excitable with her but they didn't listen :sad2::rotfl2:

Maybe it's like Ab's driving lesson - now that it's happened, they'll learn. :rotfl:

Not much going on here today. I have team tennis drills at noon, and D is flying just during the day.

I've got no other plans. Tomorrow I'm heading to an Apple store to get the replacement iPhone. I've checked around and I can't do any better, and I really miss it. ;)

Hope you all have a good start to the week! :grouphug:

Well Boots is being a great help, so far she has dusted behind the freezer, between the door and it's frame and even typed some stuff on my laptop Oh and she has just used her litter tray, I luckily realised she didn't like the plastic liner so changed for paper and voila

:rotfl2: My aunt got a new kitten and she says the same thing about hers. She actually directs her cat to go under the bed and behind things so she will dust it for her.

My back is feeling better. After the Tower of Terror pelvic treatment, I have barely had any pain in my lower back. It's just the top of my back now. Maybe there is an end of this back pain in sight.

Good to hear your back is feeling better. The TOT treatment sounds like a great one! At least you had fun doing it. :thumbsup2 (OK...well that came out sounding kind of wrong).

We had my sis over yesterday to spend the night whilst there house was sprayed for bugs. Love my Reid but things are never in the correct place after company.

:rotfl2: My house is like that all the time.

Hi Lori :wave2: We've missed you:hug:

So glad that Linds is doing great in 1st grade..so is Jimmy:thumbsup2

Also glad to hear that school is going well.

No internet would drive me crazy :faint:

:wave: Hi Janet! Glad to hear Jimmy is doing great in school! And yes, not having the internet is no fun. Well, I did go to the library and had it at school but I couldn't hop on and off and surf like I do at home.

Lori! :goodvibes So glad things are going well. Missed you!

:wave: Hi CE!

CE said:
So we've had a total blow-off day. Woody had a playdate this afternoon - which I drove him to IN THE SNOW. :headache::mad::scared1:

However, we were nowhere near as bad as MA, as far as what I could see during the football game. It's not stuck to the ground yet here - in fact, been switching between sleet, rain, and snow (lovely :headache:) but they say it could be 1-3 inches overnight.

It's not even LATE OCTOBER yet. It's MUCH too soon...

Sorry. :rolleyes1

Apparently, it's time already to prep for CE's Seasonal Affective Disorder. :snooty:

Recipes from last night to follow! Hope you all have a good night. :grouphug:

UGH! My brother had the Patriots game on yesterday and it did not look like it would have been a fun game to have played in or been at. I am not looking foward to the snow either.

:sad2:

Evan's the only non-Dodger fan in this house and he's jumping around saying "DODGER'S SUCK!". You'd be proud Janet. :lmao: He's a die-hard Angel fan, thanks to my brother.

Sorry T, but :rotfl2:

:lmao: Poor girls!

DR is home sick today. Poor kid is all stuffed up, croupy cough and has a fever. :( I'm hoping it doesn't spread to the rest of us. Not much else planned. Hope everyone else has a good Monday.

:lmao:

Not much going on here today. I have team tennis drills at noon, and D is flying just during the day.

I've got no other plans. Tomorrow I'm heading to an Apple store to get the replacement iPhone. I've checked around and I can't do any better, and I really miss it. ;)

Hope you all have a good start to the week! :grouphug:

You too!:goodvibes

DR is home sick today. Poor kid is all stuffed up, croupy cough and has a fever. :( I'm hoping it doesn't spread to the rest of us. Not much else planned. Hope everyone else has a good Monday.

Hope he feels better. What about your test today, will you be able to make it up?

============

Good morning. Boys off to work/school. Everyone tired from staying up watching the game. These 8pm starts are too late:sad2: Today is laundry day then I have a home and school general membership meeting tonight.

Have a good day everyone!:goodvibes

:lmao::rotfl2:

By the way, your ticker is messed up, Jo. :surfweb:

Morning! I'm read-up but didn't do quotes... forgive me? :flower3: The insanity never ends around here; I'm waiting on a call from the AC repair people.

That's right, it's still broken. :headache: My friend's DH who got it to work... didn't. It may have worked for about 2 hours, then quit and we couldn't get it to start again. I've thrown in the towel and called the company I used in the past to give me a quote on a new condenser. OUCH! $$$$ I should make American Express very, very happy shortly. :rolleyes:

Meanwhile, a cold front blew through, so we haven't needed the AC all weekend... but actually needed HEAT this morning! It was down to 48 outside. Less than a week ago, it was 100. Crazy!

Morning! I'm read-up but didn't do quotes... forgive me? :flower3: .

Of course!:goodvibes

That's right, it's still broken. :headache: My friend's DH who got it to work... didn't. It may have worked for about 2 hours, then quit and we couldn't get it to start again. I've thrown in the towel and called the company I used in the past to give me a quote on a new condenser. OUCH! $$$$ I should make American Express very, very happy shortly. :rolleyes:

Hope it gets fixed soon!

Meanwhile, a cold front blew through, so we haven't needed the AC all weekend... but actually needed HEAT this morning! It was down to 48 outside. Less than a week ago, it was 100. Crazy!

WOw! Our high is going to be 58!:eek:

Wow, lookie what I found! Those recipes look great CE. Please, please my non-brown friends... promise you'll never put lettuce in a burrito! Ay dios mio! :lmao:

:

Uh....b-b-but the box SAYS to put the lettuce on it! :confused3

++++++++++

and whoa....wait a minute.....I'm not sure this thead is big enough for so many Boots kitties.....we may need to have a "Boots off" and see who wins out! :laughing::lmao:

My Boots is doing good---I'm glad our garage is heated!

+++++

well, i"m being lazy now---kinda nice to just wave at the kids as they leave on their own! (even if it's a little scary!)....but I gotta make sugar free Pumpkin pies for my class this afternnoon so better get crackin'!

Did anyone else notice that certain words are linked now to ads? What a PITA! :headache::mad:

Really?? which ones?

Morning! I'm read-up but didn't do quotes... forgive me? :flower3: The insanity never ends around here; I'm waiting on a call from the AC repair people.

Sorry about your a/c--I thought it was fixed too! :headache:

Feel free to drive north---we have a giant first frost covering everything right now!

Did anyone else notice that certain words are linked now to ads? What a PITA! :headache::mad:

I did see that for a while, but now I'm not seeing them:confused3

Uh....b-b-but the box SAYS to put the lettuce on it! :confused3

:laughing:

well, i"m being lazy now---kinda nice to just wave at the kids as they leave on their own! (even if it's a little scary!)....but I gotta make sugar free Pumpkin pies for my class this afternnoon so better get crackin'!

You'll get used to it;)

Feel free to drive north---we have a giant first frost covering everything right now!

Us too TE!:sad2:

OMG, I watch them every day...it's the only thing on during the day:sad2:
That's why I flip between CNN and QVC. :thumbsup2

:rotfl: My sis got one after coveting my BIL's. I don't know how she uses it with her nails as I was using his and it's a PITA.

DR is home sick today. Poor kid is all stuffed up, croupy cough and has a fever. :(
I hope he feels better and you all don't get sick. :hug:

These 8pm starts are too late:sad2:
You're right. :thumbsup2

I'm waiting on a call from the AC repair people.
:hug: Just think, if you sell, it's a feature.

I hate it! ;) We only have a wall AC in the sunroom which we try not to use, and it's freezing in here!

.but I gotta make sugar free Pumpkin pies for my class this afternnoon so better get crackin'!
Next to the pumpkin spice pudding, there was a recipe for a Triple-Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie that I think I'll make tonight. I love all things pumpkin. :lovestruc I Hop has pumpkin pancakes now for awhile.

My sis is out of town so I invited my BIL & Reid over for dinner tonight which somehow turned into my picking Reid up from school. No idea how cooking dinner whilst watching a two year old will go! :rotfl2:

DL Mama,

I just saw on the news that the cupcake industry is booming in CA. I'm glad you are doing your part to stimulate the economy. :thumbsup2

Really?? which ones?
I saw 'school' and 'learn' so far. :mad:

and whoa....wait a minute.....I'm not sure this thead is big enough for so many Boots kitties.....we may need to have a "Boots off" and see who wins out! :laughing::lmao:
OMGosh! I'm totally picturing a dancing off between cats right now! :lmao:

I did see that for a while, but now I'm not seeing them:confused3
On this page in quotes there's a few. :confused3

:rotfl: My sis got one after coveting my BIL's. I don't know how she uses it with her nails as I was using his and it's a PITA.
All the cool kids have Blackberries... :snooty:

;)

Angela said:
Next to the pumpkin spice pudding, there was a recipe for a Triple-Layer Pumpkin Spice Pie that I think I'll make tonight. I love all things pumpkin. :lovestruc I Hop has pumpkin pancakes now for awhile.
Target has a pumpkin pancake mix out right now. Yummy!!! :lovestruc

Angela said:
My sis is out of town so I invited my BIL & Reid over for dinner tonight which somehow turned into my picking Reid up from school. No idea how cooking dinner whilst watching a two year old will go! :rotfl2:
TV? :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter