Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon everyone. Another rainy day here, but it looks like they will get the Phillies game in tonight. Although it's going to be 38 degrees at game time:eek:

Soccer was cancelled, so Jim took us out to breakfast and then we did the grocery shopping. So that's out of the way. Jimmy is playing computer games on the good computer and I am on the carppy laptop which is sooooooooooo slow!:sad2:

I have some laundry to do, but I think I will just hold that off until tomorrow. There isn't much to do.

Having a Roasted Chicken for dinner tonight, so that has to go into the oven about 3:00pm. Other than that nothing going on here.

Have a good Sunday everyone:goodvibes

Yup and Happy Birthday to your Mom. I also agree about the driving thing, everyone should have a big car park to practise in first :thumbsup2

OMG Tracy that's ridiculous, you tell them :thumbsup2

What program was it???

Well Boots has arrived, she started as Oreo then Dulche, then Roary then finally the girls chose boots as she has 2 white back feet. Sorry TE for pinching your name :rotfl2: She has settled in fantastically, got out of her carrier and ate, explored, found David's lap and much to his delight fell asleep for 2 hours. This was after sleeping for almost 1 hour in the car :rotfl2: The girls have declared her boring as she's slept most of the time she's been here, but we've said that's good! Anyway here are some photos, as you'll see she's a bit of a mixture. Mum was tortoise shell and Dad was ginger we think!

Oh she's tiny, even smaller than she looks in the photos!

026.jpg

0302.jpg

0332.jpg

037.jpg

055.jpg

First Boots is adorable !!

The scooter thing I am pretty sure ILLEGAL!! I would senda copy of the memo to the appropriate goverment office! I think they would be less than amused !!!:scared1:

Yes which "bad" program was it ??:confused3

The girls won 3rd place in the Competition today !!:cloud9:
I am almost definately hooking up with another Diney Granny for a trip next year !! We are both so excited and are calling and pming each other constatnaly which is another reason I am behind in my posting!!:lmao: I tell a GOOD story don't I !!!:lmao:

Hi Fockers!

First off...Kristal, read your update at the top of the page and was able to catch up on a few things. Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing those!

Second...Jo, Boots is adorable!

Last...I'm back! My computer has been fixed for a while but I finally got internet back! Do you know how much it sucks not having it??? A LOT!

I've been busy with the kiddos and with school. This coming week I have test or quiz in all my classes or labs so it is definately not a fun week for me. The one good thing is knowing that next weekend I'm doing some shopping and pampering for myself and I plan on starting some Christmas shopping.

Lindsey is doing great in school. No notes sent home, no yellow cards, and really no trouble...YET. I need to knock on some wood for our luck to continue on that though. She got a progress report a few weeks ago and was doing excellant in all subjects and really is just lovning school and the 1st grade.

DR was having separation issues and is sort of getting over them. He was on the daycare side and was having problems there since it was so loud. They've decided to put him on the preschool side and he's doing better, but we still have our tough days, especially on Monday. I can just pray that it continues to get better.

So, that's about it for me and my update. Glad to see the Fockers are still here and I missed you all! :grouphug:

Well Boots is being a great help, so far she has dusted behind the freezer, between the door and it's frame and even typed some stuff on my laptop :rotfl: Oh and she has just used her litter tray, I luckily realised she didn't like the plastic liner so changed for paper and voila :thumbsup2

Jo- Boots is too cute! My favorite picture is the second one! :lmao: Our neighbor adopted a cat and it's name was Boots. They told us they renamed it, but we don't remember the name so we call him NotBoots, like Not Bob. :rotfl2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My back is feeling better. After the Tower of Terror pelvic treatment, I have barely had any pain in my lower back. It's just the top of my back now. :thumbsup2 Maybe there is an end of this back pain in sight. :cloud9:

What a precious picture! See how they suck you in with love? :lovestruc

Dawn, glad you're feeling better. :goodvibes

We had my sis over yesterday to spend the night whilst there house was sprayed for bugs. Love my Reid but things are never in the correct place after company. ;)

:eek: It is on its ninth season, it is about Superman before he was Superman. Hottest Clark Kent ever!

Can you tell I don't watch much TV:lmao:

Hi Fockers!

Hi Lori :wave2: We've missed you:hug:

So glad that Linds is doing great in 1st grade..so is Jimmy:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Also glad to hear that school is going well.

No internet would drive me crazy :faint:

Well Boots is being a great help, so far she has dusted behind the freezer, between the door and it's frame and even typed some stuff on my laptop :rotfl: Oh and she has just used her litter tray, I luckily realised she didn't like the plastic liner so changed for paper and voila :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

My back is feeling better. After the Tower of Terror pelvic treatment, I have barely had any pain in my lower back. It's just the top of my back now. :thumbsup2 Maybe there is an end of this back pain in sight. :cloud9:

:yay::hug:

We had my sis over yesterday to spend the night whilst there house was sprayed for bugs. Love my Reid but things are never in the correct place after company. ;)

Especially little ones who are into exploring everything;)

=============================

Sitting here watching the Phillies game:woohoo: and trash texting T:lmao:

Go Phillies..Beat LA!:cheer2::cheer2:

Hi, I'm alive! :wave2:

Disney was great and the Food was delicious at F&W, but that seems like eons ago. Life has been very busy.

Hi, Z! Missed you!

We are having a nice mellow weekend. I am still at the tail end of the sick, so I stayed home.

Hope you're feeling better!

I don't know either :rotfl2: Glad your evening was a success!

Thank you - the kitten is adorable!

Me please!

OK, posted next...

Hi Fockers!

Lori! :goodvibes So glad things are going well. Missed you!

They told us they renamed it, but we don't remember the name so we call him NotBoots, like Not Bob. :rotfl2:

:lmao: I'm still so freakin embarrassed that I introduced him to D as Bob. :rotfl:I blame Mel. ::yes:: ;) LY, Mel. :hug:

Hooray!

So we've had a total blow-off day. Woody had a playdate this afternoon - which I drove him to IN THE SNOW. :headache::mad::scared1:

However, we were nowhere near as bad as MA, as far as what I could see during the football game. It's not stuck to the ground yet here - in fact, been switching between sleet, rain, and snow (lovely :headache:) but they say it could be 1-3 inches overnight.

It's not even LATE OCTOBER yet. It's MUCH too soon...

Sorry. :rolleyes1

Apparently, it's time already to prep for CE's Seasonal Affective Disorder. :snooty:

Recipes from last night to follow! Hope you all have a good night. :grouphug:

Two came from our "Chile Pepper Cookbook" attained in El Paso, so I'm hopeful that they're at least somewhat T-worthy. ;) The other is pure Betty Crocker Slo-Cooker, but it was yummo!

Sea Bass with Vegetables en Escabeche:
2-2 1/2 pounds of sea bass fillets (or cod, Pacific or red snapper, grouper - white fish, basically)
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
salt
4 T. olive oil
About 1 cup flour
Vegetables en Escabeches (see later)

Cut the fish into scallops about 1/2 inch thick and remove large bones.
Mix the cumin with the cayenne, using rubber gloves (we didn't), rub the fish with the seasonings. Salt the fish lightly.

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan large enough to hold the fish without crowding - use two pans if necessary. Dredge the fish in the flour and place them immediately in the pan, saute about 3 minutes on each side , or until opaque throughout.

Transfer the fish to a serving platter and cover with about half the vegetables , spooning on some of the liquid. Serve remaining vegetables on the side.

Vegetables en Escabeche:
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
2 cloves
1 3-inch cinnamon stick
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green beel pepper
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
3 cloves garlic
2 or 3 fresh jalapenos or other hot green peppers
2 or 3 red serranos other red hot chile peppers

Bring the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, oregano, cloves and cinnamon to a boil in a non-corrodable pan. Simmer while you prepare the vegetables.

Stem and seed the bell peppers and chiles, julienne the carrots and onions, and sliver the garlic. Place the vegetables in a glass or stainless bowl and strain the liquid mixture over the veggies. (I wound up making a double of the liquid to cover the veggies entirely.) Refridgerate. Should be made at least 3 hours ahead - I did more than 24 and they turned out great. Can be kept up to a week.

Pork Burritos in slow cooker:
2 1/2 lb. pork shoulder, boneless (I coudn't find boneless, no problem, can be cooked with bone.)
1 14. oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 T. honey
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 tortillas

Spray cooker with cooking spray and put the pork in.
Mix the tomatoes, tomato past, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt and pour over the pork.
Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
Remove from cooker, remove fat and shred pork with a fork. Return to cooker and mix well. Can be left on low for another 2 hours. Serve with any toppings that sound good - onion, cheese, lettuce, etc.

Chile Relleno Enchiladas:
8 large medium heat peppers such as Anaheim or New Mexico peppers, roasted and seeded (head under broiler until blistering skin, remove seeds and stems)
8 tortillas
About 2 1/2 cups cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa (homemade or canned, red or tomatillo)
4 green onions, chopped

Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish. Warm the tortillas on an ungreased pan or griddle, to make pliable.

Place a flattened chile in each tortilla, surround with cheese. Fold tortilla, seam side down, and place in baking dish.
Warm sour cream and salsa until just warm, pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.

;) No problem, it was a nice distraction from my biology textbook. I would much rather look at pictures of Tom Welling than pictures of an animal cell.

:laughing:

[/COLOR]

:lmao: I'm still so freakin embarrassed that I introduced him to D as Bob. :rotfl:I blame Mel. ::yes:: ;) LY, Mel. :hug:

I did too:rotfl:

Apparently, it's time already to prep for CE's Seasonal Affective Disorder. :snooty:

:hug:

Two came from our "Chile Pepper Cookbook" attained in El Paso, so I'm hopeful that they're at least somewhat T-worthy. ;) The other is pure Betty Crocker Slo-Cooker, but it was yummo!

Sea Bass with Vegetables en Escabeche:
2-2 1/2 pounds of sea bass fillets (or cod, Pacific or red snapper, grouper - white fish, basically)
2 tsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne
salt
4 T. olive oil
About 1 cup flour
Vegetables en Escabeches (see later)

Cut the fish into scallops about 1/2 inch thick and remove large bones.
Mix the cumin with the cayenne, using rubber gloves (we didn't), rub the fish with the seasonings. Salt the fish lightly.

Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a pan large enough to hold the fish without crowding - use two pans if necessary. Dredge the fish in the flour and place them immediately in the pan, saute about 3 minutes on each side , or until opaque throughout.

Transfer the fish to a serving platter and cover with about half the vegetables , spooning on some of the liquid. Serve remaining vegetables on the side.

Vegetables en Escabeche:
3/4 cup white vinegar
2 cups water
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. oregano
2 cloves
1 3-inch cinnamon stick
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium green beel pepper
1 medium onion
1 medium carrot
3 cloves garlic
2 or 3 fresh jalapenos or other hot green peppers
2 or 3 red serranos other red hot chile peppers

Bring the vinegar, water, salt, sugar, oregano, cloves and cinnamon to a boil in a non-corrodable pan. Simmer while you prepare the vegetables.

Stem and seed the bell peppers and chiles, julienne the carrots and onions, and sliver the garlic. Place the vegetables in a glass or stainless bowl and strain the liquid mixture over the veggies. (I wound up making a double of the liquid to cover the veggies entirely.) Refridgerate. Should be made at least 3 hours ahead - I did more than 24 and they turned out great. Can be kept up to a week.

Pork Burritos in slow cooker:
2 1/2 lb. pork shoulder, boneless (I coudn't find boneless, no problem, can be cooked with bone.)
1 14. oz can diced tomatoes with chiles
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 T. honey
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 T. chili powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 tortillas

Spray cooker with cooking spray and put the pork in.
Mix the tomatoes, tomato past, honey, garlic, chili powder and salt and pour over the pork.
Cook for 8-10 hours on low.
Remove from cooker, remove fat and shred pork with a fork. Return to cooker and mix well. Can be left on low for another 2 hours. Serve with any toppings that sound good - onion, cheese, lettuce, etc.

Chile Relleno Enchiladas:
8 large medium heat peppers such as Anaheim or New Mexico peppers, roasted and seeded (head under broiler until blistering skin, remove seeds and stems)
8 tortillas
About 2 1/2 cups cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1 cup sour cream
1 cup salsa (homemade or canned, red or tomatillo)
4 green onions, chopped

Oil a 9x13 inch baking dish. Warm the tortillas on an ungreased pan or griddle, to make pliable.

Place a flattened chile in each tortilla, surround with cheese. Fold tortilla, seam side down, and place in baking dish.
Warm sour cream and salsa until just warm, pour over enchiladas. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes, until bubbling. Serve hot, garnished with green onions.

Thanks!:goodvibes

Wow, lookie what I found! Those recipes look great CE. Please, please my non-brown friends... promise you'll never put lettuce in a burrito! Ay dios mio! :lmao:

I'm so going to make the chili relleno enchildas! Those sound amazing. :thumbsup2Another good chili for rellenos is Chile Pasilla.

I know I've got tons to read so I will go try to catch up. I'm not enjoying watching the Dodgers get SPANKED by the Phillies. :headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter