Team Focker Watch, Part 12. Have we jumped the shark yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you will do great and you know we will help you!:goodvibes

Are the girls home yet?
Awww so will you write my speech for me and then fly over to hold my hand? :rotfl2: Jess just phoned, they'll be home a bit earluer. It's 11.45 here and David is on his way to meet the bus, she said the concert was fantastic :thumbsup2

Oh my gosh Jo, what a nutter! Glad he took it down.

Well today is Mom's birthday we are not celebrating until tomorrow though as Alek had to work today. Her friends have taken her out to dinner though so that was nice.

We got the new car yesterday and I love it! It is so shiny and pretty! :laughing: I love the smell of new car, let's hope the stinky boys don't ruin it too quickly. ;)

Erich was all enamored with the new car so we took him out for his first driving lesson. He did really well but he needs to learn to push gently down on the pedals as he had a habit of pushing on the brake too quickly. :laughing: I had chosen an empty parking lot at an office building for him to practice in and when we were about to leave a cop car pulled up and I can't help but wonder if somebody called in and reported an erratic driver. He didn't come over to speak to us or anything so maybe he was just stopping there for a break. :confused3 Really though how else are people supposed to learn when they are first starting out? I certainly wasn't going to have him on the road his first time behind the wheel.

I have been playing around on the Disney cruise site and I am so tempted to just book now and take advantage of the high dollar. If I book and inside room I can get a 7-night cruise for the two of us for $2000! So tempting!

V, so glad you have AC!!

Dawn, is that game on Facebook? I haven't really gotten into the games there, but that one would make me mad if I bought something more expensive and they turned it into else.

Jo, congrats on winning the golf match, I glad you had a good time at the cinema!

TE, we have a dog named Ace. He is a Jack Russell/Rat Terrier. He is the star of my PTR, I try to end my installments with a pic of him. Here is our favorite picture of him, we just picked him up after getting back from Disney. He was meeting Pal Mickey :rotfl::

WDW2007dd012AceymeetsMickey.jpg

Rosie, it's great that you had a good day. Your posts always make me smile, you just seem like such a sweet person.

Janet, I wouldn't worry about the packing IF they had the suitcases, but they are borrowing them from her Mom and they are up in the attic in the garage. Abbey was supposed to borrow a suitcase from her Mom in June when we took them to Nashville and I got a call 1 day before the trip asking if we had an extra suitcase because her Mom forgot. We don't have an extra one for this trip, that is why I am worried. We loved the Toy Story double feature, Bill had never seen the movies before.

Jen, the party sounds like it is going to be so much fun!! I hope you have fun with your Dinner Club.

Jo, I hope Ellie gets chosen. I hope we get to see pictures of the kitten.

Dawn, Bill's chiropracter is wonderful. He has had electrial stimulation on his muscles too. He said it really helped him. He has Cerebral Palsy and his muscles are contracted very tightly. The hospital should have given you x-rays for your back and neck that is crazy that they didn't do that. Take care and I pray you feel better very soon.

CE, I hope you remembered to plug the slow cooker in.

Sam, can't wait to see the halloween costume.

Jo, I would have been livid about that guy on facebook. He must have been on drugs, that is awful. That is funny how your PM's were in extreme opposites.

Lessa, Happy Birthday to your Mom!! Wow that is a good price for the cruise, I wish I hadn't read that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are goofing off at home tonight. It is cold and rainy here too, yuck! I will be writing up a letter for the management in our building. We are asking for a part of our "house rules" to be changed. They have added a "Scooter Policy" which includes motorized wheelchairs and it is ridiculous.

According to it, "if requested, they must provide a physician's verification of their need for the "scooter". The only time a business or landlord can ask for proof is if the disabled person is asking for a reasonable accomodation, such as adding a ramp, etc. Otherwise they have no right to ask for proof of anything.

The new "policy" also states that pedestrians have the right of way at all times and Bill would have to give "ample notice" to pass someone in the hallways. I thought Bill was supposed to have equal rights?

They also want him to back into all elevators, he wouldn't be able to push the buttons on the elevator because he can only use his left hand.

The last "rule" that bothers us says "Use of "scooter" in certain areas of the building and at certain times of the day may be restricted because of congestion in the hallways and common areas. Such restrictions will be posted on the bulletin board at least 24 hours before hand". This is discrimination and we are going to ask that these policies be changed. Many disabled people in the building are afraid to say a word they don't want to upset the management.

Bill and I want to educate who ever wrote that because it is against civil rights and ADA regulations. We are willing to fight if we have to so things will change.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Well today is Mom's birthday we are not celebrating until tomorrow though as Alek had to work today. Her friends have taken her out to dinner though so that was nice.

Happy Birthday mom!:goodvibes

I have been playing around on the Disney cruise site and I am so tempted to just book now and take advantage of the high dollar. If I book and inside room I can get a 7-night cruise for the two of us for $2000! So tempting!

And you think we aren't going to encourage you:rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Janet, I wouldn't worry about the packing IF they had the suitcases, but they are borrowing them from her Mom and they are up in the attic in the garage. Abbey was supposed to borrow a suitcase from her Mom in June when we took them to Nashville and I got a call 1 day before the trip asking if we had an extra suitcase because her Mom forgot. We don't have an extra one for this trip, that is why I am worried. We loved the Toy Story double feature, Bill had never seen the movies before.-/QUOTE]

Oh, that's a horse of a different color:eek:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We are goofing off at home tonight. It is cold and rainy here too, yuck! I will be writing up a letter for the management in our building. We are asking for a part of our "house rules" to be changed. They have added a "Scooter Policy" which includes motorized wheelchairs and it is ridiculous.

According to it, "if requested, they must provide a physician's verification of their need for the "scooter". The only time a business or landlord can ask for proof is if the disabled person is asking for a reasonable accomodation, such as adding a ramp, etc. Otherwise they have no right to ask for proof of anything.

The new "policy" also states that pedestrians have the right of way at all times and Bill would have to give "ample notice" to pass someone in the hallways. I thought Bill was supposed to have equal rights?

They also want him to back into all elevators, he wouldn't be able to push the buttons on the elevator because he can only use his left hand.

The last "rule" that bothers us says "Use of "scooter" in certain areas of the building and at certain times of the day may be restricted because of congestion in the hallways and common areas. Such restrictions will be posted on the bulletin board at least 24 hours before hand". This is discrimination and we are going to ask that these policies be changed. Many disabled people in the building are afraid to say a word they don't want to upset the management.

Bill and I want to educate who ever wrote that because it is against civil rights and ADA regulations. We are willing to fight if we have to so things will change.
I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Um, that's illegal. IF they continue to give you a problem it sounds like you made to get an attorney:sad2:

Um, that's illegal. IF they continue to give you a problem it sounds like you made to get an attorney:sad2:

One of the other tenants has retained an attorney. She said the lawyer told her if they weren't willing to work with them to correct things they would sue and could turn it into a class action lawsuit.

We are working with an agency that deals with disability rights. They said that at least one or two of them will come to the meeting with us. They are known for getting housing issues corrected in Illinois.

One of the other tenants has retained an attorney. She said the lawyer told her if they weren't willing to work with them to correct things they would sue and could turn it into a class action lawsuit.

We are working with an agency that deals with disability rights. They said that at least one or two of them will come to the meeting with us. They are known for getting housing issues corrected in Illinois.

Good!:thumbsup2

Holy cow, Mrs. K, I'm gobsmacked over the regulations. Best wishes in whipping them into shape.

Where is everyone??? I am bored out of my mind. My SIL is still here and she and Jim are watching some bad British show.

I am here, Bill is playing the PS3 and I am bored out of my mind too. I have everything packed for our trip but the clothes. I cleaned and did laundry yesterday so I am sitting here just reading online. I might post another PTR installment, other than that completely bored :rotfl:.

I am here, Bill is playing the PS3 and I am bored out of my mind too. I have everything packed for our trip but the clothes. I cleaned and did laundry yesterday so I am sitting here just reading online. I might post another PTR installment, other than that completely bored :rotfl:.

LOL! :lmao: It's can't be worse than this show they are watching:sick: My FIL just picked up SIL, so I will be going to be d soon!:thumbsup2

I'm here! I've been listening to a hilarious Smallville podcast. That's right, I watch Smallville and I am proud of it! :snooty:

Why am I awake at 1:30? We don't know!

The food turned out to be fantastic. T would be so proud of me! The fish in particular was really, really good - and easy. If anyone wants a recipe, let me know.

My friend who had to bring her kids had fun, but her DD wouldn't go to sleep, and so they left early and everyone kind of followed suit. Therefore, a night that often goes to 1:00 ended at 11:30. The dishes are all done, and D is fast asleep on the couch - and I'm heading up soon.

Janet, I'm sorry you were bored. ;)

Jo, that's so nuts! :scared1:

Tracy, that's just wrong. :( I'm so sorry. :hug:

So... Don't know much else. Woody has a playdate with the kid of my book fair co-chair tomorrow, but not until 2:00. I hope to sleep late. :)

Talk to you all tomorrow! :goodvibes

Hi, I'm alive! :wave2:

Disney was great and the Food was delicious at F&W, but that seems like eons ago. Life has been very busy.

Have a good Sunday all!

No kitty pictures here either Jo!

Ace looks really cute, Tracy! :goodvibes

We are hoping to go to shatley Springs today--it's a nice inn and restaurant in NC famous for its food and healing springs! It's too cold to do much of anything else....and it's been a crappy football weekend for our teams!

Good morning all. Posting from my phone so no quotes.

We are having a nice mellow weekend. I am still at the tail end of the sick, so I stayed home. Yesterday. We did go to the show on Friday,which was great but we were home fairly early too.

Today kc works from home and all I have to do is some cooking. I'm making meatloaf for dinner and making tuna burgers for this weeks lunch and pumpkim bread for breakfasts. I actually have some hours at work this week so that's all I have planned besides a small outing Tuesday.

I hope u all have a great day!

WEEKEND UPDATE

JV posted instructions for a piñata.

JO said Ells auditioned for her signing class. She found out she was quite the imaginary date to an old school chum on FB. She has been asked to give a presentation on the Mom’s Panel.
Best wishes for Ellie.
Some people never grow up. (FB is evil)
Did you get the cat?

JANET took Jimmy to see TS movies.

DAWN is still in a lot of pain. She has to go get some more x-rays.
I am so sorry, Dawn.

CE was cleaning. Her little party went well.

CEL BEL is making a Halloween costume.

TE says AB can get away with anything since she is blond and 16.

LESSA gave Erich some driving lessons in the new car. She is looking at cruises.

MrsKS and Bill are leading a crusade against their building management who have some unethical expectations for the disabled.
Are people really that stupid, excuse me, ill informed?

KAT is still a little under the weather but better. She had to shorten her fun time this weekend.

ROSE, HEDY and Z popped in to say 'Hi!'

And I get to go to work tonight! I'm going to take a nap since I only had about 4-1/2 hours of sleep. I'm all messed up right now. Too much to do.

:grouphug:

Oh my gosh Jo, what a nutter! Glad he took it down.
Yup and Happy Birthday to your Mom. I also agree about the driving thing, everyone should have a big car park to practise in first :thumbsup2

OMG Tracy that's ridiculous, you tell them :thumbsup2

Where is everyone??? I am bored out of my mind. My SIL is still here and she and Jim are watching some bad British show.
What program was it???

Why am I awake at 1:30? We don't know!
I don't know either :rotfl2: Glad your evening was a success!

Hi Z!!!

Well Boots has arrived, she started as Oreo then Dulche, then Roary then finally the girls chose boots as she has 2 white back feet. Sorry TE for pinching your name :rotfl2: She has settled in fantastically, got out of her carrier and ate, explored, found David's lap and much to his delight fell asleep for 2 hours. This was after sleeping for almost 1 hour in the car :rotfl2: The girls have declared her boring as she's slept most of the time she's been here, but we've said that's good! Anyway here are some photos, as you'll see she's a bit of a mixture. Mum was tortoise shell and Dad was ginger we think!

Oh she's tiny, even smaller than she looks in the photos!

026.jpg

0302.jpg

0332.jpg

037.jpg

055.jpg

I'm here! I've been listening to a hilarious Smallville podcast. That's right, I watch Smallville and I am proud of it! :snooty:

Never heard of it:confused3

The food turned out to be fantastic. T would be so proud of me! The fish in particular was really, really good - and easy. If anyone wants a recipe, let me know.

Me please!

Janet, I'm sorry you were bored. ;)

That's okay. I need to get alife:sad2:

Disney was great and the Food was delicious at F&W, but that seems like eons ago. Life has been very busy.

Have a good Sunday all!

Hi Z. Miss you:hug:

We are hoping to go to shatley Springs today--it's a nice inn and restaurant in NC famous for its food and healing springs! It's too cold to do much of anything else....and it's been a crappy football weekend for our teams!

Sounds like a nice day!

I hope u all have a great day!

You too Kat:goodvibes

And I get to go to work tonight! I'm going to take a nap since I only had about 4-1/2 hours of sleep. I'm all messed up right now. Too much to do.

Hpe you were able to get some sleep!

What program was it???

Are you Being Served????

Oh she's tiny, even smaller than she looks in the photos!

Thanks Jo:rolleyes1. Jimmy saw the pics and now wants one:scared1: Not happening! She is cute though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter