Team Focker Watch Chat - Good Grief We Talk A Lot! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Luv! I'm pretty sure that's the EXACT kind of creative use V was speaking of......

I wasn't trying to be dirty. It was the truth...:confused3

::yes::

Jen - don't make me give you demerits! :rotfl2:

I'm sorry. *hangs head in shame* I was trying to be punny...:worried:

:rotfl2: I was telling Andy about it - he shot me the "don't get any ideas" look! :lmao:

I"m telling you...make then one time, without him knowing. He won't even know it. :thumbsup2

They probably wouldn't "get it", KWIM?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

[/QUOTE]

Oooohhhhh, you're gonna get in trouble:lmao:

See, told ya you'd get in trouble Jen2:rotfl:

I already did get it...*sniff*sniff*

Oh yea Mel. Thanks a lot. Because guess who came knocking on my door today?

A certain aunt of mine. :(

Oh...and welcome Mrs. The King. I'm Jen. I'm a speech pathologist in the elementary schools. I am a single mommy to Jon...who just turned 12. And, I, of course....looooove Disney! :teeth:

Oops... forgot to say I'M BACK! Got the braces on, not too bad/painful. Let me just say braces make your teeth WORSE looking! They really emphasize how malaligned your teeth really are! :eek: I got purple rubber bands just for Maddie (it's her fav. color). I don't have to go back until August 12th and then in honor of Weinersalad Fockerpalooza, I'll get lime bands. Yes, I checked and they have them!:thumbsup2
I'm glad you're feeling okay. Take meds anyway, though, just in case. B's teeth didn't start hurting until three hours later.
B's dance team colors are lime and aqua, so she got those this time. Last time she got "glow-in-the-dark" and teal to match her swim suit! :lmao:

I wasn't trying to be dirty. It was the truth...:confused3

G-Luv said:
I'm sorry. *hangs head in shame* I was trying to be punny...:worried:

G-Luv said:
I already did get it...*sniff*sniff*

Pobrecita! :hug: I thought it was a great use of words and it brought you up a level in my book! I think G-Luv sounds dirtier! :lmao:

BTW- My easy enchiladas have seasoned, fully-cooked shredded chicken (gotta love HEB), cream cheese, green chili sauce, tortillas, and shredded Mexican cheese. I mix the chicekn with the cream cheese and a half can of the green sauce. Then I spoon it into the tortillas and roll then up. I pour the rest of the green sauce on them and spread cheese all over them. Then bake them until it's all warmed up!
You should try my flan cake. :hyper: It's so bad for you, I can't speak of it in public anymore! ::yes::

~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel- Go on-line and search for a sangria recipe. I wouldn't just start dumping things together. Also- I think most sangrias sit in the fridge overnight. Good luck! Ribs and Sangira? I wish I was going to be there!

Pobrecita! :hug: I thought it was a great use of words and it brought you up a level in my book! I think G-Luv sounds dirtier! :lmao:

BTW- My easy enchiladas have seasoned, fully-cooked shredded chicken (gotta love HEB), cream cheese, green chili sauce, tortillas, and shredded Mexican cheese. I mix the chicekn with the cream cheese and a half can of the green sauce. Then I spoon it into the tortillas and roll then up. I pour the rest of the green sauce on them and spread cheese all over them. Then bake them until it's all warmed up!
You should try my flan cake. :hyper: It's so bad for you, I can't speak of it in public anymore! ::yes::

Thanks for the support Dawn! :rotfl2:

Your easy enchiladas don't sound easy enough for me! :rotfl:

Ohhhhh...Flan...I make a mean flan...otherwise known as a "Straight to my Hips Custard" :thumbsup2

Rachel! Can I use some of your blonde nurse wisdom?
I was thinking I should ask you if what I'm feeling I something I should call the GYN about. I hate to call about something stupid, but it's weird, YKWIM?

So, here it is... I have edno and PCOS. My hyst is scheduled for 7/3. I'm taking two BCPS (per my GYN to keep from bleeding) and Advil 800 for pain every 8 hours. the pain has really been better, but not enough to toally drop the meds. What's weird is how worn out I am.

I did some school wtih the kids and took them to the pool for an hour this a.m. When it was time to leave (I didn't swim), I could barely make my legs walk. My whole body felt 10,000 lbs heavy. I was so exhausted. I wouldn't say I was so much tired, but my body's just worn down at times.
Do you think I should mention it? I don't have a pre-op until Monday, so I won't see her until then. I've napped almost every day, but it doesn't seem to make a big difference. :confused3 I expected to feel this way after surgery, not now. It's not like I have cancer that my body's fighting. Nothing's changed since the past two weeks, I don't think. I dunno. What do you think?

BTW- Thanks for giving me your opinion. I really appreciate it. :hug:

first of all, :hug: :hug:

if it's bad enough to need surgery, then it could probalby be making you so tired. also, that's alot of bcp, maybe all those hormones could make you feel fatigued. that's what i would think. however, i would call the office just to let them know what you're feeling!! are you bleeding? was your hemoglobin level low? cuz this could make you tired as well.

hope this helps. but i would call in the am just to make sure. if it was me, i know i would call, just to be safe. i don't think that's stupid of you to call. it doesn't sound like i helped much does it? :confused3 but please let me know if you have anymore questions, glad to help!! :hug: :hug:

How's this? Forgiven? :angel:

Pumpkin Flan

POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Buck tradition this Thanksgiving and forgo standard pumpkin pie. Instead, whip up our smooth, spicy and low-calorie flan.

Ingredients
1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp table salt
16 oz canned pumpkin
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
8 Tbsp lite whipped topping
1/2 medium orange(s), cut into 8 thin wedges
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin, milk, orange juice and egg substitute; divide among eight 6-ounce custard cups.

Set custard cups in a high-rimmed roasting pan and pour boiling water around them to a depth of 1 inch. Bake until firm around edges and slightly puffed, about 45 minutes. Remove cups from water (careful not to burn yourself), cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Before serving, top each cup with a tablespoon of whipped topping and an orange wedge.

Good evening all. Home from work. JImmy had a great day at camp and is already bathed and ready for bed. OK, who took my child and what have you done with him:confused3 ;)

Started packing for the beach. I am taking more carp for 4 days at the beach than I do for 10 days in WDW :sad2:

Becasue we are staying at a friends house I have to bring our own towels, which means not only bath towels but neach towels, a beach blanlet, all of Jimmy's beach toys, clothes for all of us, bathing suits, pool shoes, regular shoes. :faint:

first of all, :hug: :hug:

if it's bad enough to need surgery, then it could probalby be making you so tired. also, that's alot of bcp, maybe all those hormones could make you feel fatigued. that's what i would think. however, i would call the office just to let them know what you're feeling!! are you bleeding? was your hemoglobin level low? cuz this could make you tired as well.

hope this helps. but i would call in the am just to make sure. if it was me, i know i would call, just to be safe. i don't think that's stupid of you to call. it doesn't sound like i helped much does it? :confused3 but please let me know if you have anymore questions, glad to help!! :hug: :hug:
I have been on my BCPs like normal (3mos. straight with a week long break 4x a year) for over a year, but suddenly 5/30 I was breaking through. The GYN told me to take two until the bleeding stopped. When it stopped, I went back to one pill. Then I started with the bleeding again. So, I thought, "Maybe I'm supposed to keep on two?" :confused3 I know I'm a little cranky and shakey on top of feeling weak. They haven't drawn blood yet, so I don't know about my levels. My pre-op and blood banking appts. are next Monday. I'm so scared they will find I'm low on iron or something and postpone the surgery! :worried:

No, no. You ARE helpful. I didn't want to "bother" them again, but since it sounds weird to you too- I will call in the morning. You're right. :hug:

Thanks again! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Yes. You are forgiven. Sorry if I was harsh. WW is a great plan but I'm missing my taters and stuff.

:worried:

I printed that recipe. Sounds YUMMY!

Mel:banana:

Yes. You are forgiven. Sorry if I was harsh. WW is a great plan but I'm missing my taters and stuff.

:worried:

I printed that recipe. Sounds YUMMY!

Mel:banana:
No, you're fine! :goodvibes Girl, I likes to eat, so I know I'll be cranky when I get busy on WW again! Uh-huh...

BTW- I just searched WW flan and got that. I'm sure if you do that too, you can get a printer-friendly version.

What about sweet potatoes? They are supposed to be better. Walmart has sweet potato french fries in the freezer section. Those might help without too many points. :thumbsup2 We ate ours last night and it's trash day, or I'd look up the point value for you. :confused3

Hi Janet :wave2:

And Dawn:
grouphug.gif

Thanks for the moral support. I am going to try the sweet tater fries.

Mel

Knocking to come in. With my knockers.
Welcome. I am Margie single mom and full time student. I have a dd who is 17 and a ds who is 4. I am off and on about posting but wanted to give you a big ol Focker welcome.

Guess what I did today???? Come on I bet you can't guess ;) :rotfl2: Yep I played golf and I didn't feel as though I played very well but...................... I cut my handicap again :yay: I'm now off of 14 :woohoo:
Woot woot Jo:woohoo:

When reading another thread if you hit the multiquote button "+ but don't hit the reply button IYKWIM, then when you hit reply on another thread at the bottom it will say, select other quotes or something like that written in blue writing, if you hit that button they all those quotes come up :thumbsup2
Thanks

I'm back from the grocery store. Can't afford to go to Disney now. Groceries are OUTRAGEOUS! Why do hamburger buns cost $1.59 a package????
I know I went to get stuff for a spaghetti dinner and spent over $20. It would have been cheaper to eat out.

Kat's Honey Ribs

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz or so) can of beef broth (or I use bullion sometimes)
3 tablespoons Honey Mustard
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Honey Barbecue Sauce
1/4 Soy Sauce
1/4 Maple Syrup (I use reg pancake syrup sometimes)
3 lbs Ribs

Add liquid. Lay in ribs. Mix ingredients in a bowl, pour over ribs. Cook on High 5 hours.

They literally fall off the bone. When I do more than one rack in my crock pot, I do separate applications of the ingredients to make sure the ribs are tasty. I use the same amount of liquid tho. Make sense? I have made these a few times and they are really yummy!
Yummo. Thanks that one is going in the cookbook. O.k. it is more like a pile of printed of recipes I keep on the counter:lmao: , but yours is on top now.

Oops... forgot to say I'M BACK! Got the braces on, not too bad/painful. Let me just say braces make your teeth WORSE looking! They really emphasize how malaligned your teeth really are! :eek: I got purple rubber bands just for Maddie (it's her fav. color). I don't have to go back until August 12th and then in honor of Weinersalad Fockerpalooza, I'll get lime bands. Yes, I checked and they have them!:thumbsup2
Glad there isn't too much pain.

How's this? Forgiven? :angel:

Pumpkin Flan

POINTS® Value: 2
Servings: 8
Preparation Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 45 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Buck tradition this Thanksgiving and forgo standard pumpkin pie. Instead, whip up our smooth, spicy and low-calorie flan.

Ingredients
1/2 cup unpacked brown sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp table salt
16 oz canned pumpkin
1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
1/4 cup orange juice
3/4 cup fat-free egg substitute
8 Tbsp lite whipped topping
1/2 medium orange(s), cut into 8 thin wedges
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F.

Stir together sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cayenne and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in pumpkin, milk, orange juice and egg substitute; divide among eight 6-ounce custard cups.

Set custard cups in a high-rimmed roasting pan and pour boiling water around them to a depth of 1 inch. Bake until firm around edges and slightly puffed, about 45 minutes. Remove cups from water (careful not to burn yourself), cool completely, cover and refrigerate. Before serving, top each cup with a tablespoon of whipped topping and an orange wedge.
I have never eaten flan. The name just never turned me on.
Got some pricing done but had to rinse and dry a lot of the cloths. They just didn't look fresh after being shoved in trash bags in the shed all winter. :confused3 Who would have know.

I have never eaten flan. The name just never turned me on.
Do say it right? :confused3 It's fl-on, not fl-ann.
Well, of course the name doesn't turn you on. You've never had it! Try it and then every time you hear the name, you'll be excited! Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter