Team Focker Watch Chat - Good Grief We Talk A Lot! Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
G-Luv! I'm pretty sure that's the EXACT kind of creative use V was speaking of......
::yes::

Jen - don't make me give you demerits! :rotfl2:

Mel said:
Oh, and welcome to Mrs.The King! I'm Mel. I have two boys (15 and 11) and my DH is getting fixed in July. I'm on W.W. so I'm permanently grumpy from denying myself things like jelly belly jellybeans and fatty lattes from S-bux. (But, don't let that stop you from saying hi to me. I promise to be nice. Unless you happen to be naturally thin and beautiful. . . . :rotfl:)
LOL! Oh Mel, I'm sorry to say I've completely fallen off the wagon. :( Dinner Sunday night was 2 pieces of cheesecake minus a workout. I tried to get on the treadmill last night and only made it 10 minutes before feeling exhausted and shaky all over. Lunch today was a giant cheeseburger. I'm htinking my iron's low - all I want is steak and I have no energy at all. :sad2:

i'd definately trade ya. i like it 80- 90!!!
Want my 92 and 96% humidity?! :faint:
i have no idea how to make sangria ! :eek: i've had it when other people made it. i've never made it myself!! any good ideas for the cookout? i'm open to suggestions!!

Easy-peasy! :thumbsup2 Grab a giant bottle of cheap red or white wine - the cheaper the better here. Chuck some in a pitcher with a bunch of apples, oranges, lemons, limes, and any other fruit you wnat cut into slices. Add a splash or four of brandy, plus a little cinammon. Pour over ice and enjoy! :cool1:

Mrs. The King - sorry, I said "Hi" but never properly introduced myself! I'm V, single mom of a DS6 (Leo). I live in FL, an hour and a half from WDW, which results in much complaining about heat, humidity and hurricanes from June - Oct. :rolleyes:

And I'll give you a :banana: fro cutting your handicap.:thumbsup2
Thanks, I'm so pleased!

hey DisneyJo :cool1: Thanks for the warm welcome.
Hi, did you get a new screen name? As I'm sure I read your TR ages ago????

omg!! i was typing a post , came back and there were like 10 other posts. wow you guys are fast!!
They sure are and I noticed you're the same too :rotfl2:

I'm gonna just assume this is good - yay Jo!
I obviously need to talk more about my golf till all of you know all about it ;) :rotfl2:

Well sure, if you want to take the easy route. ;)
:rotfl:

hi jo--- i didn't get the car yet! i didn't set my alarm this am , thinking the kids would wake me up. well, they slept in until 915 :faint: therapy was at 10am and it's 20min drive. so i jump in the shower, get kids dressed, head out the door. about 5 min out, i realize , my gas in on E, crap!!! so i turn around cuz i never would've made it there without stopping. and if i stopped, i would've missed therpy. so i just called and told them what happened, gave them a good laugh for the day!! that's me , providing laughs all around!!:rotfl2: :rotfl2:
OMG :rotfl:

:rolleyes1 Oh, I'm sorry Jo - did you say something? :rolleyes1
LY! ;)
:snooty: :rotfl2: Goodluck T!

ok girls. can't figure it out. how do i subscribe?:confused3
Well just by posting you've subbed, so the thread will now be in your userCP but if you want to sub without posting on a thread click on thread tools (top right corner) and one of the options will be subscribe to this thread :thumbsup2

Shower and shopping done. :thumbsup2
You haven't talked about showers for ages CE :rotfl2:

Hey, Jo, did you catch the end of the US Open yesterday? What a match!
It was on late here, David even fell asleep watching it :rotfl:

Good afternoon all!
Hi Kat!

Um, my suitcase is already out for Focker Fest:rolleyes1 I took it out to see how much I can fit in and figured why bother putting it away and some stuff stayed where it was, in the suitcase. And I might be continuing to add to now that I am in pre trip shopping mode.
Oh Mo :rotfl2:

You know B's braces were so painful the first two days, she was in tears. She had her first tightening last week and she didn't even need meds. So, that's a good sign! If you can get through the spacer, I bet this will be no biggie.
That's fantastic :thumbsup2

Kat's Honey Ribs

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz or so) can of beef broth (or I use bullion sometimes)
3 tablespoons Honey Mustard
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Honey Barbecue Sauce
1/4 Soy Sauce
1/4 Maple Syrup (I use reg pancake syrup sometimes)
3 lbs Ribs

Add liquid. Lay in ribs. Mix ingredients in a bowl, pour over ribs. Cook on High 5 hours.

They literally fall off the bone. When I do more than one rack in my crock pot, I do separate applications of the ingredients to make sure the ribs are tasty. I use the same amount of liquid tho. Make sense? I have made these a few times and they are really yummy!

Want my 92 and 96% humidity?! :faint:

Easy-peasy! :thumbsup2 Grab a giant bottle of cheap red or white wine - the cheaper the better here. Chuck some in a pitcher with a bunch of apples, oranges, lemons, limes, and any other fruit you wnat cut into slices. Add a splash or four of brandy, plus a little cinammon. Pour over ice and enjoy!

yes, i'll take it-- my hair would look like crap with the humidity, but at least we could go swimming!! it's way to cold here right now to go swimming.

thanks for the sangria info. one question, should put it in fridge for while before you serve? or just serve when you make it?

Kat's Honey Ribs

Ingredients:
1 (10 oz or so) can of beef broth (or I use bullion sometimes)
3 tablespoons Honey Mustard
1/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup Water
1/4 cup Honey Barbecue Sauce
1/4 Soy Sauce
1/4 Maple Syrup (I use reg pancake syrup sometimes)
3 lbs Ribs

Add liquid. Lay in ribs. Mix ingredients in a bowl, pour over ribs. Cook on High 5 hours.

They literally fall off the bone. When I do more than one rack in my crock pot, I do separate applications of the ingredients to make sure the ribs are tasty. I use the same amount of liquid tho. Make sense? I have made these a few times and they are really yummy!

sounds yummy!!!!!! thanks , kat!! :thumbsup2

Well just by posting you've subbed, so the thread will now be in your userCP but if you want to sub without posting on a thread click on thread tools (top right corner) and one of the options will be subscribe to this thread :thumbsup2

thanks jo!! :thumbsup2

ummmmm. PAGE 6? OMG! :faint: What is going on today girls? I tried to breeze through, but what did I miss? I have been carting around my kids to activity upon activity. Crazy start to the summer!

Welcome Mrs. The King! Please jump in. The chatter can go faster than a speed of light, around here. I'm Jen ~ Mommy to a stinker of dd (3) and nice (most of the time) little boy (6). I love to scrapbook and often am MIA due my addiction and love!

ummmmm. PAGE 6? OMG! :faint: What is going on today girls? I tried to breeze through, but what did I miss? I have been carting around my kids to activity upon activity. Crazy start to the summer!

Welcome Mrs. The King! Please jump in. The chatter can go faster than a speed of light, around here. I'm Jen ~ Mommy to a stinker of dd (3) and nice (most of the time) little boy (6). I love to scrapbook and often am MIA due my addiction and love!

hi jen!!! :wave2:

wow girls !! i just noticed i'm very chatty today!! i guess it's cuz i should be cleaning!! :rotfl2:

For food and wine fest:idea: 2009:confused3 Bet I could talk JIm into a short weekend as part my anniversary gift for next year:idea:
I'm in! :thumbsup2

OOOH, I'm LOVING this idea. :thumbsup2
Me too! :cool1:

Um, my suitcase is already out for Focker Fest:rolleyes1
Another reason why I love you! ;)

How did I find my way here, I think it was when I signed up for the whole croc exchange thing, then I met V, Leo and Gramma in person (to do an exchange) along with T2 and her family shortly thereafter.
Ooh... I forgot my "how I became a Focker" story.... I go waaaaaay back to TFW1, back to the thread that was shut-down due to the Focker word play. :smokin:

Hmmm... I guess that's true. I like to use them as rests to prop my elbows on while I watch t.v. :confused3 :lmao:
Bahahahaha!!!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I have real ones too. I just have non-mexican people enchiladas for quick suppers. No offense to any non-mexicans! :rotfl2:
:rotfl2: I was telling Andy about it - he shot me the "don't get any ideas" look! :lmao:

Hmmmm...whaddya think they would say if they knew you named them? :rotfl2:
They probably wouldn't "get it", KWIM?

So what are you planning on cooking for all these people??? Sangria is easy right? some fruit , some yummy wine and some time, no?
Don't forget to add a little Contreau! :thumbsup2

thanks for the sangria info. one question, should put it in fridge for while before you serve? or just serve when you make it?
Make it ahead of time - preferable 24 hours for the flavor to meld.

Oops... forgot to say I'M BACK! Got the braces on, not too bad/painful. Let me just say braces make your teeth WORSE looking! They really emphasize how malaligned your teeth really are! :eek: I got purple rubber bands just for Maddie (it's her fav. color). I don't have to go back until August 12th and then in honor of Weinersalad Fockerpalooza, I'll get lime bands. Yes, I checked and they have them!:thumbsup2

Oops... forgot to say I'M BACK! Got the braces on, not too bad/painful. Let me just say braces make your teeth WORSE looking! They really emphasize how malaligned your teeth really are! :eek: I got purple rubber bands just for Maddie (it's her fav. color). I don't have to go back until August 12th and then in honor of Weinersalad Fockerpalooza, I'll get lime bands. Yes, I checked and they have them!:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2

Glad it went okay, T. I'm sure you see your teeth as looking worse, but to the rest of the world they look fine.

I love to laugh. I love potty humor. And I love Fockers.

You will fit right in here::yes:: :thumbsup2

My very good friend found the Focker thread and referred me. Yea...I got a focking referral. :confused3

Oooohhhhh, you're gonna get in trouble:lmao:

G-Luv! I'm pretty sure that's the EXACT kind of creative use V was speaking of......

See, told ya you'd get in trouble Jen2:rotfl:

Jen - don't make me give you demerits! :rotfl2:

:rotfl2:

Glad everything went ok. Can't wait to see the lime bands:)

You're getting lime bands? Too funny :rotfl2:

First off, You Rock T! Not a single compaint! Big Girl! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see the bands! Whoo Hoo!!!!

Have a cocktail for me!

MEL :drinking1

Rachel! Can I use some of your blonde nurse wisdom?
I was thinking I should ask you if what I'm feeling I something I should call the GYN about. I hate to call about something stupid, but it's weird, YKWIM?

So, here it is... I have edno and PCOS. My hyst is scheduled for 7/3. I'm taking two BCPS (per my GYN to keep from bleeding) and Advil 800 for pain every 8 hours. the pain has really been better, but not enough to toally drop the meds. What's weird is how worn out I am.

I did some school wtih the kids and took them to the pool for an hour this a.m. When it was time to leave (I didn't swim), I could barely make my legs walk. My whole body felt 10,000 lbs heavy. I was so exhausted. I wouldn't say I was so much tired, but my body's just worn down at times.
Do you think I should mention it? I don't have a pre-op until Monday, so I won't see her until then. I've napped almost every day, but it doesn't seem to make a big difference. :confused3 I expected to feel this way after surgery, not now. It's not like I have cancer that my body's fighting. Nothing's changed since the past two weeks, I don't think. I dunno. What do you think?

BTW- Thanks for giving me your opinion. I really appreciate it. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter