Sweating around the World! August w/a 1yr old w/lots of tips! PP PICs added! COMPLETE

I'm enjoying your trip report! I have a question about the chilly pad--did it wet your DD's clothes while she was sitting on it? Would you recommend it for use in the stroller?

It depended on how wet the pad was. The first couple times we used it, it didn't get her wet, but I noticed it did later, and I'm pretty sure it was because I didn't ring it out well enough.

I would recommend it in the stroller, but I would cut holes for the straps so it would stay up better. Otherwise it was a bit of a pain to keep it from flopping over when we tried to get her in the stroller. Even that hassle is worth it, because it seemed to keep her mor comfortable.

Of course, she can't talk much, so I have no idea if it really helped. But I feel like it did, you know? :)

Just make sure you put the textured side up. The other side isn't cold. We had it turned around for a bit before I realized it. lol

I'm really enjoying your report, all of the ups and downs. I have to say, that co-sleeping picture of you two is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. My boys are not cuddlers, and I'm super jealous of you!

I'm still here!!! :goodvibes Just hard to get on sometimes with 2 under 2! LOL ;)

Good info on the Ergo & it's lack of use. I was actually starting to contemplate looking for something like that for our Dec trip for waiting in lines & things like that, but Evie is already 17 lbs at 4 1/2 months & kills my back after 20 minutes in our Jeep infant carrier. She'll be almost 8 months on our trip, so I'm not sure how much we'll use that (we will have our double umbrella stroller with us though.) We took Maddie down at 11 months & never used a carrier either - it was August & I agree the heat would've killed us both with that thing on!

I couldn't agree with you more about PHDL & the lack of the Hot Dog Dance!! I mean, what were they thinking that they didn't add that in?! :confused: I even told Maddie last time that we'd get to do the Hot Dog Dance...:headache: Maddie was really in awe of that show & loved it - we did always do the first one in the morning though at 9:30 or so. At that time she was still taking a morning nap, so she frequently took one in the stroller unexpectedly on us, LOL We would usually get a TSM FP, maybe see a character or two by the hat & then head to the show.

Oh, that is also a great idea to just park the stroller in front of the ac when they pass out on the way back to the room. :laughing: Too cute!

What are your dates for Dec? We're leaving to drive down either late Sun night or early Mon morning right after Thanksgiving. :)

Luckily Minnie had a Photopass photog and I got her first Photopass pics. Now here is where writing this report so quickly is going to be annoying, because I don't have the pics, but I will post them!

I was of course worried about how my little Mickey Mouse obsessed baby would do seeing the characters in person. We had watched LOTS of Mickey and the gang on TV. She would stop whatever she was doing when the Disney Parks Phone Ap commercial came on (you know the one that has Mickey?) I got her the old Disneyland Singalong DVD. I did everything I could to brainwash her! :blush: So what happened??:confused:

:cool1:Her face lite up and she started pointing at Minnie. She was a little hesitant when we got close, but she smiled and reached out and grabbed her nose soon enough. She was very curious, but not super enthusiastic. It was still really magical. :wizard::love: The Photopass pics are great! In the last one she has a death grip on Minnie's nose and is looking at the camera like it's the most natural thing in the world to be standing next to a giant mouse. :rotfl:

We notice Stitch is only a few steps away with no line. She did not like Stitch. She grabbed onto me and wimpered. There was no Photopass and DH did take a couple pics that I will post. We didn't stick around very long. I apologized to Stitch for the trama, and he blew me kisses. It really wasn't tramatic, I'm not one of those people. ;)

I'm still here too! I'm just lucky if I can get thru reading a few posts during the week on my lunch break. The weekend is really when I can reply :goodvibes

Anyway, I'm so glad your DD seems to be having good character experiences. My next trip will be my DH and I with my best friend, her husband, and their DD who will be 2 1/2. We're both a little worried how she'll react to seeing giant animals who wave at her for the first time. We'll just have to go with whatever she's comfortable with though.

Oh, and I come close to grabbing my husband and whimpering when I see Stitch too! :rotfl: I do NOT like him at all. I'm totally with her on that one!!

Hi Sarah!

Just popped over to check out your TR. Wonderful report...and your DD is a doll!

Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Hey! I don't know if you remember me...we chatted on some thread a while back, but I just discovered your trip report through your post on the BF in the parks thread. I'm here, and ready to read! :goodvibes

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

Question: Do you think you would have used the Ergo more if your baby was a little younger? My son is 4 months old and weighs 17 pounds. I'm worried about being stroller-less while standing in lines.

Sorry! I somehow missed your post!

Definitely! When she was younger, she was much more tolerant of the carriers, I just never used them enough back then. If I ever have a second child, I know to work at it sooner. We did end up holding her for all the lines and things like The Seas, and we did okay, but the carrier would have been awesome!

I'm really enjoying your report, all of the ups and downs. I have to say, that co-sleeping picture of you two is about the sweetest thing I've ever seen. My boys are not cuddlers, and I'm super jealous of you!

Thanks! Lily is a very cuddly little girl. :love:

I'm still here!!! :goodvibes Just hard to get on sometimes with 2 under 2! LOL ;)

Good info on the Ergo & it's lack of use. I was actually starting to contemplate looking for something like that for our Dec trip for waiting in lines & things like that, but Evie is already 17 lbs at 4 1/2 months & kills my back after 20 minutes in our Jeep infant carrier. She'll be almost 8 months on our trip, so I'm not sure how much we'll use that (we will have our double umbrella stroller with us though.) We took Maddie down at 11 months & never used a carrier either - it was August & I agree the heat would've killed us both with that thing on!

I couldn't agree with you more about PHDL & the lack of the Hot Dog Dance!! I mean, what were they thinking that they didn't add that in?! :confused: I even told Maddie last time that we'd get to do the Hot Dog Dance...:headache: Maddie was really in awe of that show & loved it - we did always do the first one in the morning though at 9:30 or so. At that time she was still taking a morning nap, so she frequently took one in the stroller unexpectedly on us, LOL We would usually get a TSM FP, maybe see a character or two by the hat & then head to the show.

Oh, that is also a great idea to just park the stroller in front of the ac when they pass out on the way back to the room. :laughing: Too cute!

What are your dates for Dec? We're leaving to drive down either late Sun night or early Mon morning right after Thanksgiving. :)

Ergo's are sooooo much better than any of the carriers you'll find at Babies R Us (Bjorn's, Infantino, etc). So worth the extra $$(though they cost about the same as a bjorn).

I wish Lily would have slept in the stroller, but she's always been really rough with sleep. A few months earlier and I think she would have done it, but we're lucky some days to get her to take one 30 minute nap, so just hates to sleep.

Our dates are December 18-24. So you'll have much lighter crowds! What a great time to go!

(BTW if anyone from my PTR wonders about those dates...I just added the night of the 23rd!!!! SOOOOO excited! I really felt like the trip was too short, so now I'm super happy!)

I'm still here too! I'm just lucky if I can get thru reading a few posts during the week on my lunch break. The weekend is really when I can reply :goodvibes

Anyway, I'm so glad your DD seems to be having good character experiences. My next trip will be my DH and I with my best friend, her husband, and their DD who will be 2 1/2. We're both a little worried how she'll react to seeing giant animals who wave at her for the first time. We'll just have to go with whatever she's comfortable with though.

Oh, and I come close to grabbing my husband and whimpering when I see Stitch too! :rotfl: I do NOT like him at all. I'm totally with her on that one!!

From what I hear almost all kids go through a character hating stage, whether they've been and already loved them or not. I really think the only thing you can do is try and take them to places with mascots. Chickfila, Red Robin, Texas Roadhouse. We did that a lot with Lily to get her used to them.

Some of my very favorite character interactions have been with Stitch! :thumbsup2
Hi Sarah!

Just popped over to check out your TR. Wonderful report...and your DD is a doll!

Can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Hey! Thanks!! Update coming up!

Hey! I don't know if you remember me...we chatted on some thread a while back, but I just discovered your trip report through your post on the BF in the parks thread. I'm here, and ready to read! :goodvibes

I do remember you! Thanks for joining!

Day 4, Part 1
MK day!

Lily woke up at 7:30, and we ended up getting to MK about 3 minutes before the RD ceremony, which meant we were at the back of the pack. I figured that meant no Dumbo, but I'd survive.

Thus begins a series of stupid mistakes.

We headed to Fantasyland and Dumbo had a 15 minute wait by the time we got there. We skipped it and did this a little later:
44447_10150257441550384_612785383_14415996_6454063_n.jpg

It was very hot by then and we were in that elephant for about 5 seconds. :rotfl:

So I knew I needed to either FP Peter Pan and ride Pooh or FP Pooh and ride Peter. I choose to FP Pooh. Mistake #1. So I told DH to head over to Peter, while I FP'd Pooh. (After the TSM thing, I wasn't going to take any chances). I power walked the long trek over to Pooh (and it was HOT! 9:10am and like 90 already) only to discover that because of the construction the Pooh FPs are located by Philharmagic (which I KNEW!, but forgot!) So I walked all the way back over to the other side of fantasyland and got the FPs. I spotted DH giving me the, "What the heck are you doing?" look from the front of PP. As I walk over to him I realize that no one is riding Peter. Crap.

Yep, PP wasn't in the mood to fly yet. :headache: If I had just decided to FP Peter and ride Pooh, it would have made a big difference as I was now very hot and pretty irritated. So we decided to ride Snow White. :scared1: Again, if I was thinking clearly, we would have gone to Pooh for her very first ride, but no we went to Snow White's Scary Dark Creepy Adventure. :rolleyes:

We rode it and DD did very good, but was basically just quiet and a little scared through the whole thing. I can see us skipping this one in the future for sure once she hits that age where they start to scare easily.

I sent DH to check on Peter's willingness to get off the ground. He was still grounded, so we decided to ride Pooh. Lily LOVES Pooh, so we knew we'd want to ride it more than once. Plus there was no line for the carrousel, so we weren't in a hurry for that.

We got to Pooh and it was a walk on. The CM commented on our T-shirts. DH had made them. They said "Where's Perry?" and had the map of MK with all the Phineas and Ferb characters on it. I have no pictures. :( I'll see if one of them survived the wash. They were really really cool.

So anyway the CM was gushing about the absolute awesomeness that is P & F with us and then we road.

DH flimmed both rides (Snow White in the dark lol and Pooh) with the Flip. The video better be great, since he always went to that instead of the camera.

Anyway, Lily was really quiet through the whole thing, just taking it in, but at the very end she started clapping. :woohoo::woohoo: And my heart melted. :love: For the first time that morning, I felt like maybe we hadn't made a mistake. There was no line, so we rode it again, saw our CM friend and DD seemed to enjoy it even more the second time.

We decided to check on Peter. I was afraid we'd miss it since we didn't have a FP. It had a posted 15 minute wait, which I didn't realize until we were already in line. I almost got out of line, but decided to stick it out. It was HOT. We misted the heck out of ourselves. I attempted to put Lily in the Ergo (it was around my waist anyway), which lasted about 20 seconds, before she started crying. Thus began the battle of "Who would hold Lily?" I can carry her in the Ergo without a problem, but I have a very short tolerance for plain old holding her. My back really doesn't like it. DH is happy to hold her, but she prefers me. Things had gotten much better in that department since DH had been home with her all summer.

So we took turns. My tolerance built up by the end of the trip and DD started going to DH with only a little fuss by then, so we made it work. But I really wanted to use the Ergo.

So we rode Peter. Lily didn't really react much to it at all. Not worth waiting in that heat (Mistake #3) even though it was more like 10 minutes, definitely not 15.

I ran to the little Princesses room and told DH to hang out by Philharmagic. As I was walking back I see him making the super impatient, "Hurry up it's about to start!" motions. We missed it and had to wait inside for the movie. We only waited a couple of minutes, so I'm not sure how we actually missed it. DH said the CM had said they just opened the theater doors about a minute before I got there...and that timing just doesn't make sense.

Anyway:
46821_10150257441570384_612785383_14415997_6073769_n.jpg

You can see the front of her shirt there! lol

She did well and enjoyed it more than Muppets, but we were almost all the way in the back behind a very tall gentleman, so it wasn't the best experience. Maybe in December we'll be watching it to warm up instead of cool off! :thumbsup2

Next we decided to do the carrousel. I refuse to call it by it's new name. Lily LOVED it and we rode it twice. I really hope the video came out for this, because she was so cute. She would bounce up and down before it started and then she kept petting the horse's mane.

40916_10150257441590384_612785383_14415998_7025852_n.jpg

I'm removing her paci here. He only took 2 pictures and this was the better one.

We got off and Mary Poppins and Bert were coming out with no one in line! DH LOVES Mary Poppins. So we stopped.
45886_10150257441610384_612785383_14415999_7881466_n.jpg

Bert made some really funny comments about us having maps on our backs so we couldn't get lost.

Lily was really starting to fuss at this point, so I decided it was time to check out the baby center, since we had pretty much finished Fantasy Land. I had wanted to go see the fairies, but I knew we had to be at the Toontown rope drop and that didn't happen. We had another morning here, so it would be the priority.

The baby center was nice. I wish the lounging area in front of the TV had some comfortable chairs instead of the rock hard ones, but I guess they don't want you to stay in there forever. I tried to get DD to nurse, but she refused. So we sat in the AC, and I gave her some snacks. It was about 10:45.

We decided to head to Pirates and then eat and see how she was. By the time we got over to Pirates it was clear that she needed to eat. The taco place across from Pirates had just opened, so against my better judgement, we decided to just eat there.

Really, really big mistake. DD did okay at first, but the food was messy, she was hot (we were next to the ac, but at this point it had been just a too long, too hot morning). The end result was this:
44417_10150257441650384_612785383_14416000_6020993_n.jpg

(Nothing on her shirt though! :laughing:)

She just lost it. I had to pick her up and I forced her into the stroller. I apolgized to the table next to us and the mom smiled and said, "Been there, done that. Find a really bumpy stretch of walk way and run her over it."

The comment really didn't sink in at first, but as we were leaving I noticed a strange path of cobblestones leading towards the hub and I followed that sucker! Incoming traffic? Pah! I have a screaming baby! She settled down as soon as we started moving.

We decided to head to the baby center again, and I followed that path as far as it went. By the time we got to the bridge to the hub, DH noticed she was out! YES!!! :banana::banana: But will she stay that way???

Day 4, Part 2

I suggested we go hang out at the Tommorland Noddle Station. It's nice and quiet and air conditioned. So we headed that way. We got there and DH asks me, "Should I recline the seat?" I said, "sure if you want to." :rolleyes:

You all know what happened, right?

....yep, she woke up...screaming! :sad2::sad2: DH got very mad at me. After all I gave him the green light so obviously it was my fault right? :confused3:laughing:

We decided it was time to go and headed through the shops on mainstreet. She was fine as long as we were moving.

BTW Make sure you pack enough unmentionables. I didn't have enough and looked to buy some. $17.95 for 3 pairs of underwear. Seriously!!!? :scared1: DH said, "Why don't you just do some laundry?" Duh! He's so smart sometimes. That's why I keep him. :love:

This bus ride was where I had my :idea: moment and gave her some snacks on the bus. Between DH's laundy thought and my snack thought, we were a downright amazing team! :thumbsup2

She did awesome on the ride home with her snacks. Snacks were always diligently refilled and offered on the bus, in line, while waiting for shows. Those little snacks saved our trip. :lovestruc

We got back to the room and she was wide awake, but very happy. She played for around an hour and then crashed from 2-4. We had dinner at Boatrights. It was okay. Definitely not the best meal of the trip, but super convenient. It makes me really look forward to December when we'll be at the Boardwalk with so many great dining options. I don't even remember what we ate...oh wait, I had Prime Rib, which I don't really like, but it was good. Lily liked the mashed potatoes. DH had the crawfish and steak, which he was really looking forward to. I think he enjoyed it, but it wasn't awesome. If I can ever get him to upload the video and get on here I will! ;)

I got the apple pie for dessert. It was the exact same apple pie I got at Columbia Harbor house later in the trip. So definitely not my favorite dessert.

I think Lily wore this to dinner...I can't figure out why else the picture is there and not later. lol
45008_10150257441665384_612785383_14416001_986053_n.jpg

It's Doof and his daughter Vanessa. Do I have any Phineas and Ferb fans on here?

After dinner we went swimming. I did laundry. My very first time. It was easy. I felt kinda cool for some reason. I even helped someone. :thumbsup2:goodvibes lol
47751_10150257441730384_612785383_14416004_6735932_n.jpg

46770_10150257441700384_612785383_14416002_3644527_n.jpg

Here's DD doing the crab crawl on the cement!
44288_10150257441850384_612785383_14416009_614677_n.jpg

It was a nice, relaxing evening that we all really needed. In hindsight this is where the vacation started to really become great.
Next up: Epcot!

Fantastic - still following :) Some great tips we wouldn't have ever thought of like the stroller fan.. Our 1 yr old is an eating machine, so we already know to keep snacks handy for fear of losing our hearing..

Glad to see at this point that the trip is turning around.. you had me worried!

I think we have a couple of advantages for the trip -- a big (3 yr old = big?) sister to help entertain the 1 yr old boy. That, and he's walking, so he can at least entertain himself a *little* bit.

Worrying about how he'll handle the lines, but it sounds like you've been successful, so that's reassuring!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

So what happened??:confused:

:cool1:Her face lite up and she started pointing at Minnie. She was a little hesitant when we got close, but she smiled and reached out and grabbed her nose soon enough. She was very curious, but not super enthusiastic.

I have seen you on the BF support thread, so I have to tell you what my daughter did when she got close to Mickey for the first time in her life. ummmm she opened her mouth intending to nurse his nose. ooops! Quickly pull child away and turn this into a family hug :rotfl:

OMG, the Vanessa/Doof shirt is awesome!! Dude, We're Getting The Band Back Together is my favorite episode, too! :lmao:

Hi! I am really enjoying your TR! We are going to WDW in October with my 8yo DD and,will be, about 5mo old DS. It is our 5th family trip, DS's first! I am hoping for cooler weather and relaxation, Disney style! We'll see. We may have to drive this trip. I am really worried. Several reasons... First off, Gabriel will still be so young for such a long trip. We live in So. Indiana. Also b/c we quit driving to Disney after our son was killed in 2007. We had just come home from Levi's firt WDW trip, he was 16 mo. And now that drive (and most others) scare the pee out of me!

I love the co-sleeping picture. DH took one of me and Levi once, but I tought I looked bad and deleted it. I'd give about anything to have that picture back.

So, as far as a bag of tricks, any ideas for a 5 mo old?

Fantastic - still following :) Some great tips we wouldn't have ever thought of like the stroller fan.. Our 1 yr old is an eating machine, so we already know to keep snacks handy for fear of losing our hearing..

Glad to see at this point that the trip is turning around.. you had me worried!

I think we have a couple of advantages for the trip -- a big (3 yr old = big?) sister to help entertain the 1 yr old boy. That, and he's walking, so he can at least entertain himself a *little* bit.

Worrying about how he'll handle the lines, but it sounds like you've been successful, so that's reassuring!

Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!

We barely waited in any lines. The 10 minute Peter Pan was the longest wait, so I think the besst strategy for entertainment in lines is to avoid them as much as possible. We made it to rope drop every day except one, and we skipped things that would have set us back too much (like Dumbo).

Now waiting for shows is another story. That's where the snacks come in!:goodvibes

I have seen you on the BF support thread, so I have to tell you what my daughter did when she got close to Mickey for the first time in her life. ummmm she opened her mouth intending to nurse his nose. ooops! Quickly pull child away and turn this into a family hug :rotfl:

What an awesome story!! :love:

OMG, the Vanessa/Doof shirt is awesome!! Dude, We're Getting The Band Back Together is my favorite episode, too! :lmao:

I watched that episode 3 times today! (The benefits of having Disney East, West and XD. lol

I'll make a better effort to get pics of our other shirts now that I know I have at least one P & F fan. DH hand drew an Agent P one for himself and a Perry one for DD. Very cute.

Hi! I am really enjoying your TR! We are going to WDW in October with my 8yo DD and,will be, about 5mo old DS. It is our 5th family trip, DS's first! I am hoping for cooler weather and relaxation, Disney style! We'll see. We may have to drive this trip. I am really worried. Several reasons... First off, Gabriel will still be so young for such a long trip. We live in So. Indiana. Also b/c we quit driving to Disney after our son was killed in 2007. We had just come home from Levi's firt WDW trip, he was 16 mo. And now that drive (and most others) scare the pee out of me!

I love the co-sleeping picture. DH took one of me and Levi once, but I tought I looked bad and deleted it. I'd give about anything to have that picture back.

So, as far as a bag of tricks, any ideas for a 5 mo old?

From what I read on other threads a 5 month old is much more likely to sleep most of the time, but I would definitely have books and bubbles. Another thing you can do is take away a few of his favorite toys a couple of weeks before you leave and then they'll be like new in the car.

A couple of other ideas that worked for us that I think would be great at that age are finger puppets and lots of music. I'm a children's librarian so I have practice with this stuff, but trust me, it doesn't take much. I would bring a scarf to play peek a boo with (it can double as your stroller identifyer) and egg shakers (or a rattle) to play with. You can just shake the shakers to the rhythm of the music. Stuff like Raffi; Peter, Paul and Mary; and the Imagination Movers are great.

I can post a few of my favorite shaker/scarf rhymes if anyone is interested.

As far as puppets, I found the best thing with them was just hide n seek. She LOVED that.
HTH!

Day 5, Part 1
EPCOT or The Day Everything Changed!

I realize I haven't been talking about nursing as much as I expected to. There is a reason for this. DD refused to nurse at the parks. For the most part DD likes to nurse at night anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. But the biggest reason you won't hear too many NIP stories here is because we weren't in the parks long enough to make it an issue. She went 5 hours between sessions at the most, which is pretty typical of a busy day back at home too.

She nursed in the room almost exclusively. I brought my boppy with us (a big plus for driving!), which helped a lot since I'm hopelessly incapable of doing it laying down. :confused3 :thumbsup2

And one other awesome story I forgot to tell...On the very first bus trip, Lily did something super cute that she repeated a bunch more times (including the difficult boat trip from DTD).

DH and I have this thing (we started with our cats :laughing:) where we each grab a cheek and smother it in kisses. It makes DD giggle. It's adorable. DD started to pull us to her and make us kiss her if we both get near her. :love: Out in public DD decided to add a new element. She grabbed us and made us kiss her and then she pushed us into each other so we had to kiss each other. She had the whole bus cracking up on a few occasions. :cloud9::lovestruc

Okay, back to the report!
I woke up feeling very happy. Today would be the day that we became AP holders for the first time!!:banana:

Getting ready went very smoothly, we decided to skip breakfast since we were still satisfied from our meal the night before. We gave DD some snacks. We found this to be important. DD is used to 3 regular meals a day and we had to stick with that.

We made it to Epcot before rope drop, so I told DH to head over by the art of Disney, and I would go get our APs.

I picked the wrong park to do this in. There are way too many tour groups and not enough CMs at EP. Actually that's not true. There were 3 or 4 CMs that couldn't do anything except deal with the tour groups, because only 1 CM was able to handle money!?! Seriously? I took 15 minutes or more, but I got them. I got Donald and DH got....Minnie! lol The CM was very nice. He said, "Is your DH secure enough with himself to be Minnie?" :lmao: I laughed and told him that he was already Minnie (the old passes, remember?)

I wasn't too concerned about missing rope drop here, because we had no intentions on Soarin. Instead we headed straight to the Character Spot. It was FANTASTIC! We waited less than 10 minutes. There are TVs in line to entertain the littles, which was great. I love the way the queue is set up so that you really can't see Mickey until you're right there.

In line I noticed the children behind us were wearing Lake County Captains hats. (It's our local single A baseball team) I asked the mom, "Are those Lake County Captains hats?!" I was pretty incredulous. We had seen a few Indians hats, but i never expected to see this, I figured another team had a similar logo. But nope! They were our teams' hats. The family was from Beachwood. So even though I didn't get to ride It's a Small World, the saying is still true!
Lily did awesome with every character. Some of the photographers were better than others, but there are great pictures of all of them. She gave Mickey kisses :lovestruc and loved playing with Pluto's whiskers. It was worth going to EP just for this.

In case you don't know. Innoventions West now houses the Character Spot. It gets VERY busy early, so it's best to go at rope drop or right after you FP Soarin or hit it at the end of the day. They have the Fab 5 Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Pluto, and Goofy in air conditioning. ;) I can't wait for the photopass!

ETA: Here you go!
Her first Mickey kiss:
73142_10150322730385384_612785383_15759459_6490795_n.jpg

77091_10150322730410384_612785383_15759460_3377329_n.jpg

She LOVED Pluto's whiskers.
73066_10150322730455384_612785383_15759461_7874754_n.jpg

Minnie kisses:
76557_10150322730500384_612785383_15759462_6135474_n.jpg

She really like Donalds beak
76571_10150322730650384_612785383_15759464_4055981_n.jpg

And was a little afraid of Goofy, but you can't tell here:
76810_10150322730790384_612785383_15759466_960403_n.jpg

Next we headed over to Nemo. Finding Nemo is one of Lily's favorite movies. We had watched it on the drive down. She loves the pigeons.
45594_10150257441895384_612785383_14416012_5077386_n.jpg

Another foggy photo. lol
I love this one.
47511_10150257441925384_612785383_14416015_2128553_n.jpg

She really liked Nemo. Didn't get scared at all and kept pointing at Nemo.

We spent a bunch of time in the Seas. I tried to use the Ergo, but she wasn't interested. She wanted to see everything better. We saw the coolest thing while we were there. DH spotted them and I pointed them out to a bunch of people.
46545_10150257441950384_612785383_14416016_5974430_n.jpg

See the little specs at the top? They are teeny tiny baby seahorses!! So amazing. The pic is very close up, so they look a little bigger, but they were really really tiny. I had the whole area freaking out about them and thanking me for pointing them out. It was so cool.
DD and DH had fun playing tag with a dolphin. He kept swimming around in a circle and DD loved it.
45063_10150257442040384_612785383_14416024_7199123_n.jpg

Continued...

harleyquinn... I am enjoying your TR. and Lily is so pretty! Aren't you glad you went when she was little? I have a big family; 5 kids from age 17 down to 11 month old DD. We went when she was between 9-10 months. I had people telling me they couldn't believe I was taking a baby....well, why the heck wouldn't I? Yeah, she won't remember, but I will remember how she looked at things, how her eyes lit up, how her older sibs wanted to hold her to show her new Disney stuff/ride things with her, how she bopped in my arms during the parades..... a different kind of magic. Ugh, people and their good intended opinions.

I grew up in Solon, OH. Not sure where you live, but it sounds like the same neck of the woods.

Subbing! I saw your thread with the one year old tips and almays meant to sign on. (I might be reading way too many TRs to keep track right now!:laughing:) Today I've totally caught up! We started doing WDW pretty regularly around my younger son's first birthday. Lucky for us, he was used to long stroller walks, and we didn't have many line issues. Shows were a problem for him, but it was mostly easy to adjust to the parks for us. :woohoo: It's been neat to see you using some of the same "tricks" we did in the first visits though! I couldn't help but laugh when you mentioned reclining the stroller. I just knew how that one was going to go! :rotfl: All the threads on here about not taking little ones drive me nutty. Once you find what works for your child, you can all have such a great time! She may not remember these days, but she's going to love the pictures and video you got someday!

harleyquinn... I am enjoying your TR. and Lily is so pretty! Aren't you glad you went when she was little? I have a big family; 5 kids from age 17 down to 11 month old DD. We went when she was between 9-10 months. I had people telling me they couldn't believe I was taking a baby....well, why the heck wouldn't I? Yeah, she won't remember, but I will remember how she looked at things, how her eyes lit up, how her older sibs wanted to hold her to show her new Disney stuff/ride things with her, how she bopped in my arms during the parades..... a different kind of magic. Ugh, people and their good intended opinions.

I grew up in Solon, OH. Not sure where you live, but it sounds like the same neck of the woods.

You made me cry!!! :hug: We took our 16 mo old n 2007. People questioned him going so young, but the way his eyes lit up and how Isabelle wanted to show him things was so priceless. 5 day after our trip a truck ran a red light and we lost our Levi. So I know exactly what you are saying. And it is that exact reason I can't wait to take Gabriel or 3rd hild for his first trip in Oct. He will be so much younger, but even at 5 mo. they still take so much in!

You made me cry!!! :hug: We took our 16 mo old n 2007. People questioned him going so young, but the way his eyes lit up and how Isabelle wanted to show him things was so priceless. 5 day after our trip a truck ran a red light and we lost our Levi. So I know exactly what you are saying. And it is that exact reason I can't wait to take Gabriel or 3rd hild for his first trip in Oct. He will be so much younger, but even at 5 mo. they still take so much in!

:hug::love::hug:

oh, I am so sorry. I don't have better words. I bet you cling to those memories and cherish them always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter