Sweating around the World! August w/a 1yr old w/lots of tips! PP PICs added! COMPLETE

Love all the tips so far!! :thumbsup2 We always fly, but we are driving this Dec (also from east of Cleveland ;) ) since we'll have 2 little ones & airfare was so outrageous. We also wanted a car down there with the two of them. I'm excited, but also nervous about the drive! LOL I've already started accumulating my Bag 'O Tricks for the trip from the dollar store & dollar section at Target. My older DD, Maddie, also HATES sleep!! :rotfl: So, my biggest fear is that we'd get up at 3-4 am & she'd do exactly what your DD did, LOL We're talking about leaving after an early dinner & driving as long as we can overnight while they sleep.

I love the idea to bring a ball for running around at the rest stops! :thumbsup2

I have to say that it was MUCH MUCH easier/better than I expected. We even drove to DTD and the Poly (gasp!) instead of taking the buses which was so nice...but I'll get to that!

When we go in December we will be leaving after DH gets done with school for the day. We're really worried about it since the timing will put us in WV at night. We both HATE the trip through WV since it's so hilly and twisty. We're really worried about the weather too.

We think of it this way, she might as well get used to it now, cuz we'll be taking the trip a lot as she grows up! And she's lucky for that!! :thumbsup2

Welcome back. Read your PTR can't wait to read the TR now. Am going down in Nov with a will be 14 month old and 4 1/2 yo then.
Thanks!! :wave2:

Day 2. Part 1

So we were on the road by 9:30 and the day was pretty uneventful until about 3pm. The skies started to darken and the GPS started showing a little traffic alert. Being the GPS newbies that we are, we deligently ignored it. :confused3

We'd been on I-4 for a while and I don't know about you, but I always forget just how long you are on I-4. For some reason, I think I-4 is the magical Disney only road and if you're on it, you must be very close to WDW. You're not, really.

So the clouds are getting much darker and the GPS tells us to get off of I-4 and we're both like, "yay! almost there!" Until we get off the ramp and we're both like, "umm, crap, where are we?" Outskirts of downtown Orlando? Yep! The GPS detoured us around Orlando. It was somewhere around 14 miles? The longest, most frustrating miles of the trip. The skies opened up and it was coming down crazy hard. NBD if we were on the (I assume) stop and go on I-4, but we were on city streets with TONS of the longest stoplights you will ever stop at with an increasingly unhappy toddler. At one point the right hand lane was a lake and everyone was getting over.

But we made it back on to I-4 and clear(ish) skies. On the trip home we realized just how crazy this detour was. It was one road with no turns (I think). And we completely missed all of downtown Orlando. DH pointed out that we hadn't seen all those giant buildings like the arena where the evil Orlando Magic play (though I will totally be cheering for them this year to beat the Heat. Thanks LeJerk. :p)

This little rainstorm/detour set us back an hour. :headache: Welcome to Florida in August!

So we get to the WDW area and promptly realize that we really should have been testing the GPS before we left, because DH has no sense of distance. 1 mile to the next turn? I must turn NOW! So we got lost (a lot) and harsh words were said...Basically:
"Which way should I go?"
"That way."
"Which way?"
"The street you just past."
"&*$!@! Why didn't you say so?"
You've all been there.

After many U turns, we found POR, unloaded Lily and headed to the online checkin counter that had no line compared to the short line at the regular counter.

We walked into the lobby and DD immediately starting pointing to the DVC poster with Pluto on it. :cool1::cool1: Success! All those hours of watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and reading the books had worked! She was successfully brainwashed! :lmao: In retrospect, I should have told DH that we now HAD to buy DVC, because DD obviously wanted us to. ;)

At check in, I asked if we would have to move (we were doing a split stay to get free dining) and the CM said no. I asked if we could get our park passes early (Cheshire Figment said you can, but warned me that it usually doesn't happen at the resorts) and the CM said no, we have to do it at Guest Services at a park. Then he handed me the resort map, gave some directions that I completely didn't catch and sent us on our way.

The thing he didn't say was whether we were in Alligator Bayou or the Mansions. This is really important information that really makes finding the room much easier. This was our 3rd time at POR. We'd been to both sections, but highly preferred AB. At first glance of the map I thought the sections were different colors. Turns out that the map is for both POR and POFQ, which I knew, but escaped me at the moment.

So after my quick glance at the map, I thought I knew where we were, so I took Lily that way, while DH got the car. I was wrong. But luckily right before DH left (with the map) he said something about having to go over the bridge to the island and I realized that we probably hadn't gotten our room request. But I headed the wrong way just in case. ;) Nope, we were in Magnolia Terrace, very very close to where we had been on the last trip.

Its really a great location, and we came to appreciate it more, but at the time I was really unhappy. I had requested a top floor, AB room near a quiet pool. We had none of that (actually the quiet pool was VERY close, but I didn't realize it right away). We got 1st floor, which was great as DH would have killed me if he had to haul all the luggage up the stairs in AB (AB has no elevators).

So I unpacked and put our clothes (mine and DD's--DH was on his own!) in the drawers for the first time. I don't know why, but I've always lived out of my suitcase on previous trips. It's so much better to use the drawers!

Lily making it rain:
46553_10150257441460384_612785383_14415992_4878541_n.jpg

DH was going through his cash and realized he had a ton of ones and Lily went after them. :teeth: (Yes I wiped her hands down after this! ;))
I had packed Lily's clothes in baggies for each day, so DH could help me get her ready (never happened, I always had myself and her ready to go before he was ready :confused3).

We headed over to get some dinner. I was still thinking in WW mode, so I got the grilled chicken sandwich and pasta salad instead of fries. The sandwich was very good, but very very plain and the pasta salad was gross. DH got his refillable mug and a sandwich that I don't like and he always gets, the muffaleta (sp?). DD shared with us and did well.

Headed back to the room and went to bed early again.

Coming up! We get to a park, can we get our package tickets early??

welcome back! i loved all the tips from your PTR and ready from more!:goodvibes im taking my son at 13 months this october!

welcome back! i loved all the tips from your PTR and ready from more!:goodvibes im taking my son at 13 months this october!

I'm glad I'm helping! I hope you have an amazing time. October is the one time of the year that I still covet. I told DH that Lily and I will be taking Mother daughter trips without him when she's older! :)

Love your TP so far... can't wait for more!!!
popcorn::

Thanks!

glad you had a great trip. can't wait to hear more.

Thanks!! Nice to "see" you! :goodvibes

Working on an update and trying to get some pictures loaded. I hate update's without pictures!

I feel like I have to get this done before I can really focus on the December trip...plus my mommy brain is total swiss cheese, so it's better that I do it sooner rather than later!

Glad to hear that the first day's drive wasn't too bad. We've been driving to Disney since our son was just 1 so I remember those frequent stops. I always pack us an overnight bag because I tend to overpack and I don't want to lug everything out of the car for just one night.

Uggggh for rain and for the GPS detour. We were once detoured because of fires and we ended up in the middle of Timbuktoo. Didn't make me feel to comfortable not knowing where we really were.

At least you made it to the resort and, after your initial disappointment, were happy with your room assignment.

Day 3, Part 1

Our first park day!

DH and I took showers the night before, so we could get out of the room as quickly as possible. I mourned the loss of my early morning August shower, but survived. I like to take a LOT of showers in August and then leave my hair wet. I did manage at least one shower a day, which I was pretty happy about. :goodvibes

Lily stirred around 7:30. I think I may have inspired her waking up, because I wanted to get going!

Do you have any idea how long it takes to get sunscreen on a toddler? By the end of the week, I was cursing my carefully selected sunscreen: Jason Chemical free and wishing for the spray on kind. But it did it's job. Lily came home with a nice little tan, but very light and no burning.

Even with the sunscreen war every morning, I almost always managed to get us both ready before DH. Usually only by a couple of minutes, but still! Come on!

I'm going to digress into tips here, so if you don't care, you have my permission to skip ahead! I'll let you know when it's safe to come back.

This is how we roll(ed):

Lily's chariot of choice is a Mac Quest Sport.
411NVaE5CLL._AA300_.jpg

It was wonderful on the buses and in the shops. We only use our old Graco for walks around the neighborhood now. The Mac is so much better. I bought it from ebay from here:
babyproductstore I'm pretty sure it's actually the outlet of Maclaren. They have brand new in box older models for very good prices.

Normally we use this:
Stroller Organizer,
51c0-WDjKjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

which we LOVE, but I was afraid it would get stolen if we didn't lug it with us everywhere. We decided not to bring it, but realized we had no cup holder! What ever would we do with no cup holder?! So I bought this: Stroller Accessory.
pTRU1-2869916reg.jpg

It was a last minute purchase, I didn't see the reviews. I'm not sure what possessed me to buy that particular set. I think because all of the other plain old cup holders were at least $10? Anyway, I wouldn't recommend it. We didn't use the cupholder! lol It just got in the way. But we did use the little water bottle clip. It was nice. Definitely not necessary. In retrospect, we didn't need either, but if you want a little extra storage space and a couple cupholders, get the first one.

We also had the:
RayShade.
51XQFAMYXML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Definitely a necessity for any Mac user. Most of the Macs have almost no shade.
And necessity #2:
Stroller Fan. This isn't the one we have. I guess amazon doesn't sell it anymore. I wouldn't recommend it any way, as Lily ripped off one of the foam blades almost immediately. It still did the job though! I really liked it since she couldn't stick her fingers in it and get hurt and because it had the lights and she loved to play with it. In fact we used it on the buses to entertain her quite a bit in the beginning.

Last stroller accessory:
Frogg Togg Chilly Pad
yhst-11770478610819_2117_5637397
I read about these on TGM and decided to give it a try. I bought one for us and one to put in the stroller. The link is to the company outlet that has the best price. We had a couple of issues.
1. I had no idea how to store it. I thought you needed to get it a little wet and store it in the container (duh) which led to a moldy gross pad. So now we store it flat, let it dry (it gets stiff and feels like cardboard).
2. We tried just putting it under her in the stroller, but it was a pain to get into place, while trying to get her in it. I should have taken the advice on TGM and cut holes in it for the 5 point harness.
Otherwise it seemed to work really well. We had a bunch of comments that she had the best seat in the World and she never did get overheated or even all that red and sweaty. Though I think this had a lot to do with us only being in the park in the morning.

We had a bright orange Cleveland Browns flag that was secured to the stroller. It doubled as a theft deturant (lol) and made it easy to find. I also had a sign tied to the back of the stroller, which I'll see if a have a picture of.

So that was the stroller set up. It was pretty perfect, except for those few things I would have changed that I already mentioned.

Next I'll talk about what we took to the parks every day.

Hey Skippers!! I'm still rambling on and on and it will continue in the next post!;)

Day 3, Part 2

Alright onto the bag.

We used my purple Baggallini.
B000NJBRP0.jpg
I bought this years ago from REI? I think. LOVE it! DH got to carry it pretty much the whole time, because he, "didn't like how it hung on the stroller." Even though it fit in the bottom basket. :rolleyes: He didn't want to have to get it in and out. I was perfectly happy to leave it there, which meant, he got to carry it. ;)

In the bag, I managed to fit:
3 diapers
A change of clothes for Lily
An extra pacifier/clip (didn't lose any pacis, but did break a clip!)
All the money, passes, IDs
Moleskin, blister bandaids, Band Aid Blister Block (love that stuff!)
Lip balm
Various medicines
Disposible bib (never used)
Disposible changing pad (used 1)
Wipes
Nursing cover (never used, took it out)
Bobble Bottle I thought it was too small, but it was perfect.
Tiny Diner Disposible table liners don't work for Lily, so we use this. Most of the time it was in the bottom of the stroller, but it did fit in the bag
Ponchos (never used, but always have to have them)
Extra sunscreen
Sample diaper rash cream (did need)
Cameras/bag (it's a little one that fits our camera and the Flip)

I think that's it. It actually wasn't super heavy. The nice thing was that I just strolled through the no bag entrance, while DH took the bag through. :lovestruc

We also had:
A Sippy cup on a Tether The exact one in the link.

And my Ergo Performance
414k7ntQ51L._AA300_.jpg

which was kept in the stroller basket. If we didn't have the stroller, I snapped it around my waist. I used it all of 3 times I think? And never for more than a couple minutes. It was too hot. I think a baby who is more used to being carried would have been able to use it or anyone going at a cooler time. And by cool, I mean, like the 80s. We eventually stopped taking it with us. :sad1: I really love the carrier. It's super comfy and does all it can to be as cool as possible...maybe if it was made with a Frogg Togg insert and came with a fan? :laughing:

And we also bought a $17 Disney Mister fan, which got a lot of use and was worth it. It was a pain to lug around, but it was worth it I think.

And that was it! Whew!:cool1:

I really hope that was helpful and not annoying! It was something I was looking for in a report and I don't think I ever found it.

Glad to hear that the first day's drive wasn't too bad. We've been driving to Disney since our son was just 1 so I remember those frequent stops. I always pack us an overnight bag because I tend to overpack and I don't want to lug everything out of the car for just one night.

Uggggh for rain and for the GPS detour. We were once detoured because of fires and we ended up in the middle of Timbuktoo. Didn't make me feel to comfortable not knowing where we really were.

At least you made it to the resort and, after your initial disappointment, were happy with your room assignment.

I think we stopped more for me than DD. :teeth:

The room thing is funny, I have bit more info to share about that later!
Thanks for reading!

I'm here! It's been nutty around here so I have been reading without posting.

Glad to hear the drive was a success! That bag of tricks sounds awesome! I am stealing a few idea for our drive today. Aileen and I are headed to Michigan in a few hours to see the family for a quick weekend trip. We have plenty of Mangadoodles around but have never started her on one. I am also working on music and maybe the DVD player. It's only 300 miles but she normally has her brothers for entertainment and today is just me, while driving.

Aren't Mac strollers the best?? We have a Volo for Liam and I big puffy heart love that thing! Aileen has a Peg Pliko, but I considered one of the more souped up Macs for her as well. I was debating about getting the organizer for the back of the Mac, but I am curious about you guys not bringing it. I had thought it would be good for baby stuff, snacks, wipes, diapers, etc. Then the park bag can be used for valuables and such. Bad idea?

I wish I could really feel the Baggalini love. I read about them here before our first Disney trip and ran out and bought one. I never found it to be comfortable enough to wear and it took up far too much room in the small Mac basket.

Bummer that the Ergo never got used. Do you think it'll come back in December? I loved those warm weather ideas too! I am totally tucking them away for our next summer trip. I had never heard of the Frogg Tog before. That thing sounds amazing!

I have never had a tiny diner for the kids, but was pondering it for Disney. Did you like it? Are you glad you brought it? Did you guys just go bibless or did you have another solution? How do you think the lists will be different for December? (You can answer that on your PTR if you are continuing to write there. I will stalk both. ;))

Looking forward to reading more!!

I'm here! It's been nutty around here so I have been reading without posting.

Glad to hear the drive was a success! That bag of tricks sounds awesome! I am stealing a few idea for our drive today. Aileen and I are headed to Michigan in a few hours to see the family for a quick weekend trip. We have plenty of Mangadoodles around but have never started her on one. I am also working on music and maybe the DVD player. It's only 300 miles but she normally has her brothers for entertainment and today is just me, while driving.

Aren't Mac strollers the best?? We have a Volo for Liam and I big puffy heart love that thing! Aileen has a Peg Pliko, but I considered one of the more souped up Macs for her as well. I was debating about getting the organizer for the back of the Mac, but I am curious about you guys not bringing it. I had thought it would be good for baby stuff, snacks, wipes, diapers, etc. Then the park bag can be used for valuables and such. Bad idea?

I wish I could really feel the Baggalini love. I read about them here before our first Disney trip and ran out and bought one. I never found it to be comfortable enough to wear and it took up far too much room in the small Mac basket.

Bummer that the Ergo never got used. Do you think it'll come back in December? I loved those warm weather ideas too! I am totally tucking them away for our next summer trip. I had never heard of the Frogg Tog before. That thing sounds amazing!

I have never had a tiny diner for the kids, but was pondering it for Disney. Did you like it? Are you glad you brought it? Did you guys just go bibless or did you have another solution? How do you think the lists will be different for December? (You can answer that on your PTR if you are continuing to write there. I will stalk both. ;))

Looking forward to reading more!!

I was afraid it would get stolen since it's pretty easy to take off, but we saw a TON of them on strollers filled with stuff, so it may be a viable option to be able to carry less in the bag. I also thought if we were away from the stroller, we might still need something that was left in the stroller organizer, so we may as well put it in the bag. Especially the snacks and diapering stuff, since when we were away from the stroller, we were probably eating at a TS or somewhere like the Seas, where we might want to change her.
A lot of people used the stroller organizer, so I wouldn't think it was a bad idea at all.

I am planning on bringing the Ergo in December. I also want to find some time to use it more before then, so she'll be more used to it.

We LOVED the Tiny Diner and I'm very glad we toted it everywhere. For us it was either that, or let her eat off the table. Personally, eating off the table really doesn't bother me, but since we were on the DP and ate at a lot of TS places, I felt it made us look better. Plus she likes to play with it. :) There are disposible ones that are cool too and much easier to carry around, but she rips them off immediately, so they are a waste for us.

Yes, we went bib less :scared1:. She only destroyed one shirt. :thumbsup2 I just didn't like the ones I had brought (TRU brand). We often go bibless at home too, she's a pretty clean eater.

I will definitely cover the differences in the packing lists for December in the PTR, which I will get back to once this is done.

I got our photos all loaded, so I'm going to add a few and now the report will have more. Still waiting on DH for the videos and the Photopass of course!

Day 3, Part 2

Alright onto the bag....

I really hope that was helpful and not annoying! It was something I was looking for in a report and I don't think I ever found it.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for.

Question: Do you think you would have used the Ergo more if your baby was a little younger? My son is 4 months old and weighs 17 pounds. I'm worried about being stroller-less while standing in lines.

Day 3, Part 3 August 14
We finally go to a park! We're going to ride something, right?!

We went to our bus stop (the last one at POR, but it picks up first for MK, we constantly debated going to the front instead, but always stayed put).

Another aside: the bus service at POR was the worst we've ever had on this trip. But it still wasn't that bad. Only a couple of times did we have any big issues. The biggest one was only experienced by DH, so I'll let him tell you.

I don't remember Lily's first bus ride, so that probably means it was uneventful!

So we got to DHS right before rope drop, and I found Guest Services(it's to the left). I asked for early ticket pick up and the CM said sure. We had to show her our room cards and then she called the resort. Wait, what? Yes, she had to call the resort to confirm we were indeed staying there, so why couldn't the resort just give us the tickets? Well, whatever, it took a bit longer than I expected and the park opened.

We got our paper tickets, which DH was bummed about. He's really partial to the plastic keys. lol

For those who are wondering what the heck I'm talking about: A disney resort guest with a package reservation may pick up their tickets up to 3 days before the package begins. So it's SUPER cool for split stays due to discounts, because you can get those extra days cheaper than buying seperate passes.

Cheshire Figment has all the details in his Park Ticket sticky on the theme parks board.

So tickets in hand (I got Pluto and DH got Minnie lol), we got in behind the big crowd of rope droppers and I told DH to go get FPs for TSM. I told him it would be totally crazy, but if it was really bad to just skip it since we've ridden it and it wasn't that big of a deal to us.

They were sending every single park guest to Pixar Place, so I figured that he'd take one look and turn around. I would have fought my way through, but I've heard stories of waiting in line for 30 minutes or more just to get the FP. Plus the ride was scheduled to go down for refurb on the 16th (I think) so I thought it might be worse than normal.

While DH is trying to get FPs, DD and I walk over to the Animation area and on the way, I see Minnie coming and no one is anywhere near her, so we make a beeline. I get her out of the stroller and I'm walking to Minnie when I realize that DH will miss her very first Character Meet! :eek: I imagine how upset I would have been, and I freak a little until I look up and see DH standing there filming with the Flip!:love: He had taken one look at Pixar Place and turned around just like I thought he would! :laughing:

I'm not sure if the video came out or not, which brings me to:

**General Hot Weather Camera Tip
In the morning your cameras will fog up due to going from the sweet heaven of your super cold hotel room to the insane furnace outside. Even with waiting for the buses and all, the camera wasn't ready. I read a tip on TGM to leave it outside the room for 30 minutes before you leave, which will work if you have a private balcony or something (you lucky duck) otherwise just be prepared.

Luckily Minnie had a Photopass photog and I got her first Photopass pics. Now here is where writing this report so quickly is going to be annoying, because I don't have the pics, but I will post them!

I was of course worried about how my little Mickey Mouse obsessed baby would do seeing the characters in person. We had watched LOTS of Mickey and the gang on TV. She would stop whatever she was doing when the Disney Parks Phone Ap commercial came on (you know the one that has Mickey?) I got her the old Disneyland Singalong DVD. I did everything I could to brainwash her! :blush: So what happened??:confused:

:cool1:Her face lite up and she started pointing at Minnie. She was a little hesitant when we got close, but she smiled and reached out and grabbed her nose soon enough. She was very curious, but not super enthusiastic. It was still really magical. :wizard::love: The Photopass pics are great! In the last one she has a death grip on Minnie's nose and is looking at the camera like it's the most natural thing in the world to be standing next to a giant mouse. :rotfl:

ETA:
148103_10150322730255384_612785383_15759455_3110293_n.jpg

73992_10150322730295384_612785383_15759457_2515251_n.jpg

We notice Stitch is only a few steps away with no line. She did not like Stitch. She grabbed onto me and wimpered. There was no Photopass and DH did take a couple pics that I will post. We didn't stick around very long. I apologized to Stitch for the trama, and he blew me kisses. It really wasn't tramatic, I'm not one of those people. ;)

Here's what I mean about foggy cameras. DD looks a lot less upset than I remember:
44278_10150257441475384_612785383_14415993_3789831_n.jpg

After that we headed to the Animation area to check the times for Playhouse Disney. The first showing wasn't until 9:40, it was 9:08. Nothing is open over there. So we decided to head to the Great Movie Ride. Really?! GMR was not in my vision of Lily's first WDW ride/attraction experience. :confused: But we headed over there anyway. 3 CMs were standing out front saying that the ride was temporarily closed. The CM said that apparently Judy Garland was refusing to take her place. I said, "That Diva!"

So we decided to go hit Muppets 3D, it wasn't until we got there that I realized there was no way we would make it back in time for the first PDL, but the next one was at 10:30 and that sounded good. So we took are time walking over there. We stopped at the leaky fire hydrant and all got nice and wet and then went in the air conditioned theater! :confused3:rotfl: We were the third stoller in the stroller parking area. I don't think a CM ever touched our stroller the whole week, I guess we parked correctly.

When we got inside, I realized that I had left the Ergo in the stroller, so DH went out and got it. I just couldn't take a chance on that $120 thing!

Lily got fussy when we got in the theater, so I was worried. We sat all the way over to the side, so we could exit if we needed to. There was one other young family over with us, I'm sure they were thinking the same thing we were. Everyone else was in the middle.

She did fine through the whole thing. She was kind of in awe. So next we headed back to the animation area (GMR was still closed) and decided to see Sorcerer Mickey. It was about 9:50, so we got in line (it was pretty long already). In case you don't know...there is an attraction the Magic of Disney Animation or something? You watch a little video and then get let out into the animation studio where there are character meet n greets that start at 10am. We skipped the video portion by going in through the exit (it's in a store right next to the entrance to the attraction).

Anyway, she was getting really fussy at this point, so I took her out of line (DH held our spot--nearly everyone in line was doing it, so I didn't feel bad). We looked at one of the little computer display things for about 60 seconds when Mickey came out and we got back in line. The line only took a little more than 5 minutes, but it felt like forever, because Lily was not happy. When Mickey first came out, she was excited and pointing to him, but also a little puzzled due to the outfit.

By the time we got to Mickey, she was really fussy and I was dreading it. I thought I was about to be one of those people. The CM gave me a little lecture about her not having shoes on. Children are not allowed to walk up to characters without shoes (she can't walk). Something about his tone got to me, especially as I was trying to comfort fussy DD.

It took her a few seconds (which felt like forever) to realize that Mickey was standing next to her. Right before we walked away, she smiled and reached for his nose. Luckily the photographer caught it.

ETA:
76091_10150322730325384_612785383_15759458_3292749_n.jpg

So I was really close to being one of those people, but we survived. As we walked away it was clear that DD was pretty much done. But this was our only day at DHS and I was determined to see PDL (or is it PHDL?).

So we got in line for that (which is outside. UGH!) It was HOT. All of the tired hot toddlers in the park were in that line. It wasn't pretty, but luckily Disney supplied us with TVs with our favorites on them for the kids to enjoy. We were in line for less than 5 minutes before they loaded the theater. It was a new experince for DH and I. We got a seat in the center and Lily fussed on and off, while a super sweet little girl in front of us tried to entertain her. She was so awesome. I could see why people have siblings. (Not that I am in any way tempted for another anytime in the near future! :rotfl:)

I envisioned her really enjoying this and I'm sure she would have if we had made the earlier show. Something to remember for December. She did clap a few times and loved seeing the Clubhouse gang, but got bored with the Little Einsteins. I felt like the show was just a little too long, but it was fun. I was absolutely shocked though that there was no Hotdog Dance?! How can you have a show that centers around MMC and not have the hotdog dance?:confused:

After that, we bought her mister fan. I decided that maybe she needed a diaper change (obviously she was fussy because of that and not because she was hot and tired) I found a quiet restroom (next to American idol I think?) and changed her. It was 11am and we decided to eat lunch. She obviously wasn't that fussy or we would have left, but we figured some AC and food would really help. So we ate at the Commisary. DH got in line and I took her to a table. We sat down and all of the sudden the sound level jumped like 4 levels! There were 60 some 11 year olds taking over the place.:eek: No not really, they seemed well behaved and I barely noticed them. Luckily DH had gotten in line RIGHT before them, so we got our food (it still took forever though).

It was here that DD had her (what I would guess) favorite time of this day. We gave her french fries and let her dip them herself in ketchup. :scared1: She had done it once with my mom. She is very very good at expressing what she wants when it comes to food, and my mom said she clearly wanted to dip her fries in ketchup one day. So this perked (and messed) her right up. She actually stayed pretty clean. She started by dipping and then eating the fry, but by the second decided she would dip, lick the ketchup off, and then dip again, and so on. It was very funny. I wish we had video, but we were both trying to eat and keep her from making a mess.

At one point she got a hold of the ketchup container (the little paper cup) and I grabbed it right before she squished it all over the place. :laughing:

So we had a short fussiness reprieve and then she was really starting to lose it. I her in the stroller and she freaked out, so we headed out. This was in hindsight not the best idea. We should have gone to the Baby Care Center and relaxed and I should have tried to nurse her, but that didn't happen.

She screamed pretty much the entire way back to the resort. I was one of those people. There were only 2 other families on the bus with us, but I felt awful. We couldn't console her.

It wasn't even noon. We had been in DHS for 3 whole hours, not ridden an actual ride, only saw 2 attractions and 3 characters. :headache: That bus ride was the longest of my life. I felt like the worst mom in the world. I knew we had made a major mistake in wasting all that money coming to WDW. All those wet blankets on my orignal Tips for a 1 Year Old thread were right. We were cruel terrible people. :sad1:

We got back to the resort and by the time we made it to the room, she was asleep in her stroller. We put her in front of the AC.

47272_10150257441495384_612785383_14415994_4723543_n.jpg

I took a shower and she woke up shortly after I was done. She nursed and fell back to sleep. We cuddled up and all of us napped for the next 2 hours.

Up Next: DTD on a Saturday Night!

Day 3, Part 4

We woke up nice and refreshed (and COLD! DH liked the room COLD). We let DD play and decided to try swimming for the first time!

46541_10150257441515384_612785383_14415995_7528133_n.jpg

She LOVED it, but we forgot the camera. I have pics from her second swimming adventure to share later though! :teeth:

We swam for less than 30 minutes and then headed back to the room to lather back up in sunscreen and head to DTD for dinner. It was around 4:30. The bus took FOREVER. It was one of the worst waits of the trip.

We made it and decided on Wolfgang Puck Express for dinner. I had discovered it on the trip with my mom and DH hadn't been. We shared a pizza (YUM) and a salad (yum). DD had some of everything and enjoyed flirting with everyone.

We left to go shopping and everything was PACKED. Shopping at DTD on a Saturday night is a bad idea or at least it was this night. We looked around a bit, but I HATE being in confined places with that many people, so we didn't stay long. We were coming back here in the morning another day, so we would maybe buy something then! lol

We took the boat back to POR. The driver let us sit in the handicap section and not close the stroller, but that was a mistake. DD will not sit in her stroller if it's not moving, so we had to take her out. The little seats in the handicap section are quite possibly the most uncomfortable thing I've ever sat on. It would have been much better to close up the stroller and sit on a regular seat. DD fussed most of the way back again and it was really rough. She wanted to get down and crawl around (same thing on the buses).

***Super Important Baby Tip
Make sure you have something to entertain the little one in line, while waiting for shows and on the transportation. DD's fan worked for about 5 minutes. It took us another day before I had a brillant idea. I gave her some graham crackers, and she was a totally different baby. So whatever works for your child. DD needs to be bribed with snacks. Honestly, this one single thing was the difference in a stressful horrible trip, and the totally great trip we ended up with.

We got back to the resort and decided that we would cancel our CP breakfast reservations for the next day. :sad1: We knew we needed to let DD sleep more than meet Pooh. The reservation was at 8:05, so we would have had to be up by 6:30, since I still had to check us out and in the next morning to get the DP started. I also canceled a breakfast ADR at Tusker House, because we decided to skip AK completely this trip.

I gave DD her first Disney bath and we all went to bed really early. It had been a long, not-so-good day, and I went to sleep hoping I hadn’t really made a mistake.

Next up Magic Kingdom!!

I am still here.... :banana::banana:

So everyone is just lurking then? I can live with that! :thumbsup2

Lily has her 1 year checkup this afternoon. :sick: I doubt I'll be on for updates this weekend, so you all probably won't get another until Monday.

I expect some comments to reply to by then, people! :flower3: :thumbsup2

I'm enjoying your trip report! I have a question about the chilly pad--did it wet your DD's clothes while she was sitting on it? Would you recommend it for use in the stroller?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter