Sweating around the World! August w/a 1yr old w/lots of tips! PP PICs added! COMPLETE

Thanks for finding that review for me Sarah. I ordered a ring sling the other day. I am hoping i will be easy to use. You have done weight watcher while bf? Can you tell me how that is working? Bfing doen't help me loose. Feel free to PM me or I sent a fb friend request!

Love love love your TR!!! There are so many good tips, that I don't know where to start!

Sarah, I love you TR!!! Lily is so adorable!!! Belle is my favorite princess too and I cant wait for my Belle (Annabelle) to meet Belle.
Quick Question we might be able to do one park in May for our FL which park would you suggest Annabelle will be around 1???
By the way Im on the Mom's Page too.:goodvibes

Ok... FINALLY caught up! It looks like a very good week. You guys did a great job of paying attention to Lilly's cues, yet maximizing your tour plans. It's so hard to achieve both, but I think you excelled. Other than, WP it sounds like they were great choices in ADRs for little people. My kids went nuts for the food at LC too. they love steak as well. Thanks for the link on the other BCC, I had only been in the one at MK.

What a great list of kid distractions! I am going to start keeping a list. while we aren't driving to Disney, we do have a trip to MI at least once a month. I am very impressed with the photo from WP where Lilly is holding the crayon. Aileen still puts them all in her mouth.

And I almost orgot... EWWW on the dead lizard!!! eww eww eww

Oh, don't let her fool you. :thumbsup2 The crayon was in the mouth a lot too. She only used it a little bit. I think the magna doodle really helped though, she was very excited about coloring. We're going to get some of the crayola color wonder stuff for the next trip, since I think she might be less likely to put it in her mouth by then.

really snjoying yout TR. love all the tips and will use some for my trip next month!!

So glad you are enjoying it!

Thanks for finding that review for me Sarah. I ordered a ring sling the other day. I am hoping i will be easy to use. You have done weight watcher while bf? Can you tell me how that is working? Bfing doen't help me loose. Feel free to PM me or I sent a fb friend request!

No problem! I found it super helpful, and I see others did too.

I've done WW before I got pregnant and I've been doing it since the end of April when Lily was about 9 months. My only regret isn't joing sooner. I've found it to be sooo much easier while bfing, because it's so much easier to stay within my points. Before I joined bfing wasn't doing me any favors, but once I really started paying attention to what I was eating I realized why. So I swapped out a lot of fast/sugary food for fruits and veggies and the weight is melting off.

In about 5 months I've lost almost 25 pounds and I'm about 10 pounds from where I can pick my goal. WW gives you a healthy range and I'm about 10 pounds from the higher number.

If you want to talk more, you can PM me on facebook or we can talk here. Doesn't matter to me.

Love love love your TR!!! There are so many good tips, that I don't know where to start!

Oh thank you!!:goodvibes I'm so glad to hear things like this!

Sarah, I love you TR!!! Lily is so adorable!!! Belle is my favorite princess too and I cant wait for my Belle (Annabelle) to meet Belle.
Quick Question we might be able to do one park in May for our FL which park would you suggest Annabelle will be around 1???
By the way Im on the Mom's Page too.:goodvibes

Definitely Magic Kingdom. I think we had the most fun relaxed days at Epcot, but that was primarily because there was very little we wanted to do.

I say Magic Kingdom with the expectation that you may only get a little bit (fantasyland and maybe toontown) done. If Belle is a priority, she's usually at the Princess meet & greet in toontown, which almost always has a pretty reasonable line.

I would:
1. Get there for rope drop
2. head straight to Fantasyland
3. get a fast pass for Peter Pan
4. Ride Pooh
5. Ride the Carrousel
6. Ride It's a Small World
7. Watch Philharmagic
8. Use Peter fastpass? probably not ready yet
9. Head over to toon town for rope drop, if you're early ride the tea cups
10. in toontown:
1. see the fairies if you are at the very front of the pack
2. see the princesses
3. walk through mickey's house and visit him in the judge's tent (I guess the wait there is pretty good as long as you don't wait too long for the girls--ask the CM by the door the wait time
4. Visit Minnie's house and Donald's boat for some water time
11. use that Peter fp if you haven't as long as DD is doing okay.

You should be done with all of that by 11 if you get there at rope drop. If DD is happy, you could then possibly hit HM, Country Bears, Tiki & Pirates or go the other way and do tomorrowland instead.

Whew!

Day 9, heading home!
We packed a little the night before. Lily helped.
44675_10150257443070384_612785383_14416091_4227962_n.jpg

That little Elmo head is a nesting bath toy my aunt got Lily for her b-day. It was a perfect toy for travel as it didn't take up too much space, but was really fun in the baths Lily got daily (that I never talked about..we had to wash all of that sunscreen off!).

Can't forget to pack this!
47562_10150257443105384_612785383_14416093_6156217_n.jpg

The next morning we got up around 8:30 or so, ate shared a breakfast at POR (kinda yuck), definitely not enough for us to share. We should have used a snack credit on some grapes.

Speaking of, we had 5 snack credits left, so DH got two chocolate dipped rice crispie Mickey heads at the food court, while I found 3 things at the gift shop. If I had been thinking clearly I would have gotten some fruit for the road instead of the crap we ended up getting at the store. The food court stuff is a much better value. They have the mickey heads at the store too, but they are much smaller and not fresh like the food court ones. Something to keep in mind.

The food court was sooo crowded, much worse than any other time we had been there. I guess a lot of people use it around 9 in the morning? We're usually on the way to or in a park by then.

The drive home is kinda a blur. I know Lily did great and I was very tired from entertaining her. I wish she would have slept more.

We had no hotel reservation or really any idea of where to stop, so that led to a little tenseness when we were getting close to the breaking point and all of the sudden all the hotels disappeared. But we survived and stopped in South Carolina right before the border into North Carolina. We didn't know if we were in North or South Carolina until the next day. lol We ended up at a beautiful Holiday Inn in Rock Hill.
44541_10150257443140384_612785383_14416094_6988653_n.jpg

It was considerably cheaper than what we had paid for POR :mad:, but didn't include free dining or disney transportation either.:thumbsup2

In the future, we rather stay at a Holiday Inn Express, because they're a bit cheaper and include the free breakfast. It was cool to stay at a fancier place for once though.

So that's pretty much it. We arrived home the next day around 5pm, and Lily was very happy to see her kitties and sleep in her bed.

I promise I'll post the photopass pictures when I get them. So make sure you subscribe to the thread so you can see them when the CD finally comes. (at the top of the thread=>Thread Tools=>Subscribe to this thread.

In the meantime, I'm going to start the December PTR! I'll link that in a minute!

Definitely Magic Kingdom. I think we had the most fun relaxed days at Epcot, but that was primarily because there was very little we wanted to do.

I say Magic Kingdom with the expectation that you may only get a little bit (fantasyland and maybe toontown) done. If Belle is a priority, she's usually at the Princess meet & greet in toontown, which almost always has a pretty reasonable line.

I would:
1. Get there for rope drop
2. head straight to Fantasyland
3. get a fast pass for Peter Pan
4. Ride Pooh
5. Ride the Carrousel
6. Ride It's a Small World
7. Watch Philharmagic
8. Use Peter fastpass? probably not ready yet
9. Head over to toon town for rope drop, if you're early ride the tea cups
10. in toontown:
1. see the fairies if you are at the very front of the pack
2. see the princesses
3. walk through mickey's house and visit him in the judge's tent (I guess the wait there is pretty good as long as you don't wait too long for the girls--ask the CM by the door the wait time
4. Visit Minnie's house and Donald's boat for some water time
11. use that Peter fp if you haven't as long as DD is doing okay.

You should be done with all of that by 11 if you get there at rope drop. If DD is happy, you could then possibly hit HM, Country Bears, Tiki & Pirates or go the other way and do tomorrowland instead.

Whew!

I can't believe you left Dumbo off of the list! We always to that as a 3a. My kids loved the breeze in their hair as the flew around.

I think it'll be interesting to see how this list changes with the cooler weather and Lilly being just a little bit older.

Ok, I am a nut, I get sad when a TR comes to an end. So super excited you have another PTR in the making :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the photopass pics!!

Day 9, heading home!
We packed a little the night before. Lily helped.
44675_10150257443070384_612785383_14416091_4227962_n.jpg

I have never stayed at POR. Is that a bench she has her hand on?
That little Elmo head is a nesting bath toy my aunt got Lily for her b-day. It was a perfect toy for travel as it didn't take up too much space, but was really fun in the baths Lily got daily (that I never talked about..we had to wash all of that sunscreen off!).

Can't forget to pack this!
47562_10150257443105384_612785383_14416093_6156217_n.jpg

I LOVE this picture!!! It is so cute!!!
The next morning we got up around 8:30 or so, ate shared a breakfast at POR (kinda yuck), definitely not enough for us to share. We should have used a snack credit on some grapes.

Speaking of, we had 5 snack credits left, so DH got two chocolate dipped rice crispie Mickey heads at the food court, while I found 3 things at the gift shop. If I had been thinking clearly I would have gotten some fruit for the road instead of the crap we ended up getting at the store. The food court stuff is a much better value. They have the mickey heads at the store too, but they are much smaller and not fresh like the food court ones. Something to keep in mind.

The food court was sooo crowded, much worse than any other time we had been there. I guess a lot of people use it around 9 in the morning? We're usually on the way to or in a park by then.

The drive home is kinda a blur. I know Lily did great and I was very tired from entertaining her. I wish she would have slept more.

We had no hotel reservation or really any idea of where to stop, so that led to a little tenseness when we were getting close to the breaking point and all of the sudden all the hotels disappeared. But we survived and stopped in South Carolina right before the border into North Carolina. We didn't know if we were in North or South Carolina until the next day. lol We ended up at a beautiful Holiday Inn in Rock Hill.
44541_10150257443140384_612785383_14416094_6988653_n.jpg

It was considerably cheaper than what we had paid for POR :mad:, but didn't include free dining or disney transportation either.:thumbsup2

In the future, we rather stay at a Holiday Inn Express, because they're a bit cheaper and include the free breakfast. It was cool to stay at a fancier place for once though.

So that's pretty much it. We arrived home the next day around 5pm, and Lily was very happy to see her kitties and sleep in her bed.

Looks like a nice place!

I can't believe you left Dumbo off of the list! We always to that as a 3a. My kids loved the breeze in their hair as the flew around.

I think it'll be interesting to see how this list changes with the cooler weather and Lilly being just a little bit older.

Whoops! I meant to say to do Dumbo first as long as the line is short, otherwise it can derail the whole day. I know it's THE ride at Disney, but you have plenty of time to ride it when she'll remember.

I'll be MUCH more likely to ride it when they expand it, so the line doesn't take so darn long!

Ok, I am a nut, I get sad when a TR comes to an end. So super excited you have another PTR in the making :goodvibes

Can't wait to see the photopass pics!!

I do too! Especially this trip, because we really had just gotten into the groove of everything. The new report link is in my signature!

Hey Sarah! Quick question: does WW have a specific plan for BF mommies?
Yes! Duh! Should have mentioned that, sorry! You basically get extra points and are encouraged to have extra dairy and vitamin rich veggies.

I didn't know that!!! I thought I would have to wait! I was going to start WW the week I found out I was pregnant with Gabriel. I am so excited!!!! Thank you!

I didn't know that!!! I thought I would have to wait! I was going to start WW the week I found out I was pregnant with Gabriel. I am so excited!!!! Thank you!

They definitely don't do enough to advertise it. The BFing is a huge help since you're burning more calories. It took me a couple weeks to make sure I wasn't losing too fast though. You need to stay around 1 pound per week to maintain your supply and health. I usually will lose 2 one week and then maintain the next, but I'm not being super good anymore. :thumbsup2

Great TR!! It's amazing how different babies can be, yet at the same age! My DD turned 15 months on our recent trip and it wasn't until the last couple days that she showed some interest in the characters...and would Never let me put her down with one! So...I'm in most of the picture with her and the characters...BUT at CRT (a must do with a DD) she fell in LOVE with the princesses and just gawked in amazement...priceless!

I agree with you...LeC was our BEST food meal by far...but also the last time we'll enjoy it as I don't think it's worth the 2 TS credits...especially when you look at the actual menu prices...I'd rather pay $25 for the Filet than use the 2 TS credits?!

Great report again! Looking forward to your Christmas TR! I'm sooo jealous!! I REALLY want to go to WDW around Christmas to see all the decoration and expereince it! DH and I are dreaming of an adults only trip around that time for our 10 year anniversary...we'll see!

Great TR!! It's amazing how different babies can be, yet at the same age! My DD turned 15 months on our recent trip and it wasn't until the last couple days that she showed some interest in the characters...and would Never let me put her down with one! So...I'm in most of the picture with her and the characters...BUT at CRT (a must do with a DD) she fell in LOVE with the princesses and just gawked in amazement...priceless!

I agree with you...LeC was our BEST food meal by far...but also the last time we'll enjoy it as I don't think it's worth the 2 TS credits...especially when you look at the actual menu prices...I'd rather pay $25 for the Filet than use the 2 TS credits?!

Great report again! Looking forward to your Christmas TR! I'm sooo jealous!! I REALLY want to go to WDW around Christmas to see all the decoration and expereince it! DH and I are dreaming of an adults only trip around that time for our 10 year anniversary...we'll see!
Thanks!!
I really think the character thing was because we let her watch so much Mickey Mouse Clubhouse :blush: We also take her to the Disney Store a lot and she has a TON of Mickey and the gang stuffed animals and such. Most of my family is Disney obsessed, so I had a lot of help. We also got all the Dvds we could find with the costumed characters in them. There are some Singalong DVDs from Disneyland.

I think a 10 year trip would be wonderful! Would you get to go earlier in the month? I have to wait for that until DH retires! Only 30 more years or so to go! :banana:

Omg she is soo cute!!! Love the TR she has gotten soo big!! We actually just took Logan for labor day weekend!! It was soo dead too, ohh where did you get the table "cover" does it stick to the table? Thank you :flower3:!! Back to reading now :surfweb:

Omg she is soo cute!!! Love the TR she has gotten soo big!! We actually just took Logan for labor day weekend!! It was soo dead too, ohh where did you get the table "cover" does it stick to the table? Thank you :flower3:!! Back to reading now :surfweb:

Thanks!

Yes, it has suction cups. It's called a Tiny Diner. They sell them at Babies R Us or you can get them on Amazon. They run about $8-10 We LOVE ours! The plastic disposible ones don't work for Lily, she just rips them off.

I love your TR! We're taking DS in Nov, he'll be 10 months, so your pics make me excited to take my little one! Lilliana is adorable!

I love your TR! We're taking DS in Nov, he'll be 10 months, so your pics make me excited to take my little one! Lilliana is adorable!

Thank you! I love the pic in your signature! I hope you have a blast like we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter