Survivor Philippines**Sept 19**No Spoilers

I really hate the idea that if you have an accent the assumption is that you are stupid unless you prove otherwise. I also don't like judging a persons intelligence based on edited information.

*stepping down from my soapbox now* you may now continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

I really hate the idea that if you have an accent the assumption is that you are stupid unless you prove otherwise. I also don't like judging a persons intelligence based on edited information.

*stepping down from my soapbox now* you may now continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Do you also hate that I assume anyone with a British accent is super smart until they prove otherwise? :lmao: Cause I swear I do!

It's not necessarily an accent by itself, but mixed with speech patterns it can make one seem that way. Boston Rob & Fireman Tom are two that come to mind. Tom never sounded stupid with his accent, but Rob always did.

It's not necessarily an accent by itself, but mixed with speech patterns it can make one seem that way. Boston Rob & Fireman Tom are two that come to mind. Tom never sounded stupid with his accent, but Rob always did.

:laughing: I'll just say I disagree.

Gumbo4x4 said:

I think Boston Rob just has a really thick accent. I have never thought that the way he spoke made him sound unintelligent I've listened to quite a few Boston Rob interviews and he comes off like an intelligent well informed guy. I think Rob was one of the best strategic players in the game so even if he did butcher the queen's english his actions proved that he was no dummy.

Jennasis said:
Do you also hate that I assume anyone with a British accent is super smart until they prove otherwise? :lmao: Cause I swear I do!

I'm a hypocrite because I agree with you. lol

Rob is sharp as a tack. Accent or not, he is a smart guy. A bit of a jerk but really, you can't say he is not intelligent.

I think Boston Rob just has a really thick accent. I have never thought that the way he spoke made him sound unintelligent I've listened to quite a few Boston Rob interviews and he comes off like an intelligent well informed guy. I think Rob was one of the best strategic players in the game so even if he did butcher the queen's english his actions proved that he was no dummy.

This I read carefully, heh, and do agree with. I agree he sounded a bit doofy but I don't think the accent made him sound particularly dumb.

However, that may be a feature of geography - I'm close to the accent, I'm more used to hearing it maybe?

It also may be the speed, for me anyway. I absolutely agree accents aren't actually indicative of intellect. However, someone speaks very slowly, with a pronounced drawling accent, it doesn't give the impression of smarts off the bat, at least to me. :confused3

This I read carefully, heh, and do agree with. I agree he sounded a bit doofy but I don't think the accent made him sound particularly dumb.

However, that may be a feature of geography - I'm close to the accent, I'm more used to hearing it maybe?

It also may be the speed, for me anyway. I absolutely agree accents aren't actually indicative of intellect. However, someone speaks very slowly, with a pronounced drawling accent, it doesn't give the impression of smarts off the bat, at least to me. :confused3

Speed is definitely a factor. I'm definitely not used to someone from the NE speaking so slowly.

THANK GOD! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: the most annoying survivor ever!! :wave2::wave2:
Did ya notice the happy dance at the end ? :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Tell me about it. :sad2::sad2:

PixieDust32 said:
THANK GOD! :worship::worship::worship::worship::worship: the most annoying survivor ever!! :wave2::wave2:
Did ya notice the happy dance at the end ? :cool1::cool1::cool1:

I agree, but I find Lisa annoying on almost every episode. I think Skupin's happy dance was over the top

Oh, I think they all deserve some kind of reward for not busting out a chorus of 'na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye' leaping up and down as she left and being all 'your problem now, suckas!' to the jury.

Considering how unbelievably annoying she came off in pretty much every single interaction shown, and given the reaction of all of them to her, I can't imagine how irritating it was to be living with her.

That said, she was right about Skupin.

I also think Jonathan deserves some kind of reward for not being all 'excuse me, where was this reasoning three days ago, when I explained all that to you, in small, simple words, repeatedly?!' to Lisa, because honestly.

So happy she's finally gone!! And calling Skupin and idiot and a moron right to his face? :eek: She had it wrong. SHE is the idiot and moron!! I feel sorry for the poor jury now, having to deal with her constant complaining and negativity and just plain meanness! Good riddance!

I would like to see Malcolm or Denise win, but I would be fine with Skupin or Lisa winning as well. I give Skupin credit for sticking around this long, when he is a returning player and nobody seems to want a returning player ever to win. Looking forward to the finale on Sunday.

So happy she's finally gone!! And calling Skupin and idiot and a moron right to his face? :eek: She had it wrong. SHE is the idiot and moron!! I feel sorry for the poor jury now, having to deal with her constant complaining and negativity and just plain meanness! Good riddance!

I would like to see Malcolm or Denise win, but I would be fine with Skupin or Lisa winning as well. I give Skupin credit for sticking around this long, when he is a returning player and nobody seems to want a returning player ever to win. Looking forward to the finale on Sunday.

I grant you Abi is an idiot and moron. I don't think it's a mutually exclusive thing though, Skupin can be a dummy too. :lmao:

I will be PEEVED if Lisa or Skupin win. They're both irritating as heck and not so much playing as falling into other peoples' games and then wandering around clueless.

So happy she is gone, I didn't care about her accent, it wasn't even a factor to me, just thought she was a bullying b$$tch!!! :thumbsup2

So haven't followed this thread but I know Stuben knows who Lisa is but did anybody else figure it out along the way?

I agree with your characterization of her but I think last night she was doing that on purpose. I think she was trying to play off on the "keep me because I'm such a bad person" plan. I think if there was any doubt in anyone's mind, she sealed her fate with that display.

My prefered finish order would be Malcolm, Denise, Skupin and then Lisa. Lisa I find annoying all the time and to be a hypocrite as well. Don't say you want to play the game one way and then play just the opposite and try to justify what you are doing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter