• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

Boston Rob and Jimmy Kimmell - separated at birth????

Long season.... don't worry the Sox will be there in October.... pirate: :cheer2:

Looks like another good year for NY/Boston baseball. I'm just excited that there's something on TV to watch now. Besides going to the games. WAAAHHOOO!!!!

TiggerInNY
Maria

hygienejean said:
Boston Rob is so cute! and ya gotta love that accent! :love:

What accent???? :rotfl: Isn't it everyone else that has the accent???? :confused3

:teeth: If anyone hears of the recap show, let us know! Don't tell us the possible winners...that would ruin the fun. This series is definitely my favorite.........

Thank you for confirming what I thought that I had heard. :) The stupid TV guides are printed up too far in advance to allow for any special changes like this. :(

I'm officially on the Rob and Amber bandwagon. I think they are strong and are a favorite to win. They know how to play the game and win. I hope Rob and Kelly or the gay guys (nice comments last night) go next.

RichNKatHolly said:
Me too! I love Meredith and Gretchen - it really takes a lot for them to go in there and race with the young "kids."

I'm rooting for Meredith and Gretchen also-I give them a lot of credit. They work well together and they show such respect and love for one another...more couples today can learn from watching them.

The other reason why I'd love them to win is because the older folks in our society are often looked over because of their age. It's almost as if society is thinking their age should discredit them from accomplishing difficult, strenuous or mentally challenging tasks. Even Rob and Amber make snide comments about Meredith and Gretchen. Hey, I'm only 39 but we're all gonna get there someday!!!

I'm not a fan of Rob and Amber - I just don't like their quips about people. What I do like though is they work with each other and they don't tear each other apart as some of the other couples do. I know it's a game but I really couldn't believe they just drove by when the brothers had whas was obviously a horrible accident. It only takes a second to stop and say "are you OK". That says a lot about the character of a person...game or not.

Just my two pennies. :teeth:

I like Gretchen and Meredith also! At this point, I'd like anyone to win but Rob and Amber! Let people who NEED the money win it!!! :cool1:

Were Rob and Amber first again this week? I missed the middle of the show and just saw Meredith and Gretchen come in 5th and my next favorite team get eliminated! :sad1:

I agree with the other posts - I really don't like Rob and Amber to win but I think if I were betting on it - I may lose my money to be against them. They do work together (or should I say, he works and she runs after him?) :rotfl:

It seems all the teams left either work together or have one dominent player (gay guys, R&A). I'm keeping my fingers crossed for M&G to not get eliminated next week!!!!! I think they've come the farthest of the older teams in the Amazing Race.

Gosh, I love this show. I can't sleep after it's over because I'm too hyped! :Pinkbounc

TheWog said:
I'm officially on the Rob and Amber bandwagon. I think they are strong and are a favorite to win. They know how to play the game and win. I hope Rob and Kelly or the gay guys (nice comments last night) go next.

I would also love to see them get eliminated next! They are the last rude & nasty team left in the competion. It is one thing for them to attack R&A because they were on Survivor but to say something negative like they did about some one last night was just uncalled for.

lbgraves said:
I would also love to see them get eliminated next! They are the last rude & nasty team left in the competion. It is one thing for them to attack R&A because they were on Survivor but to say something negative like they did about some one last night was just uncalled for.

:sad2: I missed it, what dd they say??

The thing that upset me the most was about the married couple when they were balancing the baskets & water on their heads. They said that they were "born to do that." The tone of their voice made it apparent that they were not giving them a compliment.

Regarding R&A not stopping when the brothers car flipped: When I first watched this I thought that they could have at least asked if everyone was ok and then kept going. It should have been obvious that they would have finished at least before the brothers. Now that I've had time to think about it some more, there were other people already there, Lynn and Alex stopped so they were there plus their camera crew. Their camera crew were the ones filming the others as they came upon the accident and filming what was happening. Therefore if someone was really hurt I doubt everyone would have been standing around like they were. So when R&A came upon them they did slow down but kept going after seeing everything.

I've been of fan of AR since the first season and I haven't decided on who I'm rooting for yet. I did like the brothers and was sorry to see them lose.

Also to be taken into consideration is that we only see what the producers want us to see. Most of the participants are shown the way they are, but because this is a race and they are deprived of sleep and food and in unfamiliar places, you see a different side of people. I think that because R&A have been on a reality show previously they realize what effect things said can have. On the otherhand I saw that Ray and Deana are now engaged and after their last show who would have thought that? Ray and Deana both said that when it's not a Race type of competitive situation that Ray is a different person.

I wish that the show would have a clock so that we could see how long it takes to complete tasks, how far each group is ahead or behind, etc.

I thought that the show last night was interesting. I think it was Ray & Deana who they interviewed about R&A. They talked about the bus station when Rob paid the security guard to not tell anyone else about the faster bus. Ray said that the race turned into a R&A hatefest but they were really just playing the game really well. He later said that they were smart to not eat the meat & then get others to do the same thing. They weren't breaking the rules, just using them to help them advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter