Survivor Fans-boston Rob/paradise Island

:grouphug: I am sort of speechless! I can see we are all passionate about Survivor/ AR.
Again, any one of us would do what it would take to *WIN*....it's just a game. Taking opportunities is part of every day life, with or without conscience. As for the pictures, I know this is PC illiteracy, but I haven't quite figured out the how to's. Sorry, but I am open to suggestions. ;)

I read a rumor as to who won AR...seems that the results might have leaked out. I don't want to spoil the suprise for anyone who hasn't heard the rumor, but has anyone else heard about this rumored "leak"?

Stacy

PS Not a fan of the Amber and Rob team....although I think it was cool that you met him!

Omg, I Can't Believe How Heartless They Were Tonight On The Double Episode. After Tonight I Sure Hope They Don't Win.

I must admit that I have been rooting for them up until tonight. But after tonight's episode, any respect I had for them is gone.

I've loved Amazing Race since its first season and have looked forward to each subsequent season. Having said that last season left me :confused3 and I toward the end I wasn't rooting for anyone. I was afraid it was losing it's edge :guilty: but then this season in comes ROB & AMBER! Regardless of what you say, that guy has some charisma and he's brought a new element to the show which hey is entertaining.. I know many think its wrong but rob & amber are my guilty pleasure and though I know they're sneaky, I'm still rooting for them. It may be called Amazing Race but don't be fooled it is definitely a GAME. And Rob & Amber are one of the best at playing it so far. :goodvibes

If the other teams would concentrate on their games and not on their "hate"(how can you hate someone you don't know) :confused3 for Rob & Amber then they'd be ahead. Not to mention this season is the highest rated season for AR so far and whether you love them or hate them, they are definitely worth watching.

Hey! Only one team stopped to help the brothers but R&A are taking all the heat for not stopping. LOL! Next week's special show looks like it will give more dirt on what they have probably had to put up with from the other teams. They didn't show as many anti R&A comments tonight but somehow I doubt that the other teams stopped.

I have to admit that I hated Boston Rob on Survivor both times he was on ... BUT strangely, I've found myself routing for him and Amber on AR None of the other teams have endeared themselves to me so far ... so I'll just continue to watch

This is me too! They do play this race/game well. And could you believe it that some lady in South Africa recognizes them and helps them! How funny is that! I think the Gay guys are funny to watch too.

karlad61 said:
I must admit that I have been rooting for them up until tonight. But after tonight's episode, any respect I had for them is gone.

Ok....I missed this episode.....can someone tell me what happened, please????

In a nutshell, the brothers had and accident where they rolled their jeep. They were unharmed but their cameraman must have gotten whacked by his camera pretty good. When seen, the Jeep was on it side and the cameraman was laying on his side with his head propped up. (a very poor c-spine immobilization technique) The Boyfriends stopped and proceeded to pace and worry about the accident but did NOTHING to help this situation. (If you can't render aid you're in the way in an accident) Then the Boyfriends got upset because Rob and Amber drove right past the accident. (They could have stopped for a moment and made sure there was not help needed, but that should have been obvious by the Boyfriends standing around drinking water. Besides, to my knowledge, neither Rob nor Amber are trained medical personnel.) Rob kept driving and ended up in 3rd place while The Boyfriends were in the back of the pack for their "good deed." The host at the end stated that the cameraman will be OK.

He was my favorite on Survivor and I love them on the Amazing Race.Hey you gotta do what you gotta do to win a million bucks. He plays the game to win, you can make friends after the show! :goodvibes

lbgraves said:
Hey! Only one team stopped to help the brothers but R&A are taking all the heat for not stopping. LOL! Next week's special show looks like it will give more dirt on what they have probably had to put up with from the other teams. They didn't show as many anti R&A comments tonight but somehow I doubt that the other teams stopped.

Every other team stoppped. Maybe they didn't get out, but they stopped and asked the brothers if they were ok. Rob just flew right by and said Hey this is a race, let's not get carried away...what compassion!

I don't think Rob and Amber had to stop but they could have at least rolled down the window and asked if they were ok. Regardless of how they have been treated that is the right thing to do.

I am still rooting for Rob and Amber to win the Amazing Race.

LOL! Remember guys, editing can make or break a person's image on these shows. They don't show every single second that happens. :)

agotta said:
Every other team stoppped. Maybe they didn't get out, but they stopped and asked the brothers if they were ok. Rob just flew right by and said Hey this is a race, let's not get carried away...what compassion!

They may have not stopped, but in reality they knew they were in a race and that there was nothing they could have done. Remember, there were plenty of people already on scene, more than we were allowed to see I'm sure. Even though some of the other teams quickly stopped to see if they were okay, most while the car was still rolling, would they have actually fully stopped and lost real time in order to help?
The other team members have also all hated Rob and Amber since the beginning and have treated then very poorly. I saw an interview with the host and he said that the other team members started with Rob and Amber before the race even started and he only saw that it got worse as the race went on, they never stood a chance. Almost all the teams have done something to them at one point or another.
Also remember, what we see is so highly edited so who really knows what really goes on in the race. We perceive the contestants the way that they want us to do by editing the tv program the way they want!

Poor Amber and Rob. Nobody likes them. :rotfl:

If you're in a bicycle race, car race, ect... do you stop to see if someone is OK if they have crashed? Rob and Amber bring more to the show, I never could get into the previous AR seasons but am enjoying this one. :moped:

I agree with not having to get out of the car and check but a rolling open window "are you OK?" would be nice. My big problem with A&R last night were the comments about Meredith pushing Gretchen - it just seemed rude. And getting made at the boyfriends for not sharing the cab. He got so mad so I assume he forgot about stealing the girls' cab a few weeks ago. Remember Rob, it's a game! :goodvibes

I was very happy though with who got the boot - that guy was just horrible with a capital H!

I have LOVED every single season of AR - it is such a super show that doesn't usually resort to typical reality show crap (bikinis, eating live bugs or animal testicles). The key seems to be working together and making well thought out decisions. So far A&R seem to be doing that - the past 2 teams to get the boot did not! I do think though that Amber is not so bright and follows Rob around like a puppy looking for guidance. Not sure that's so smart either! :scratchin

JMO

Poor Rob and Amber! They win $1 million dollars on Survivor and may win another million. They definitely have an unfair advantage in Amazing Race because their celebrity allows them to take advantage of citizens' good nature.

Yankee914 said:
Poor Rob and Amber! They win $1 million dollars on Survivor and may win another million. They definitely have an unfair advantage in Amazing Race because their celebrity allows them to take advantage of citizens' good nature.

THEY did not win 1million dollars! AMBER won! Rob just get's to share it now I suppose!
Amber actually does not do a darn thing on that show! Rob is the one who thinks of everything and Amber just goes along for the ride!! :rolleyes:

ldb1030 said:

Read....sarcasm!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter