Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

With Candi wearing her Hawaiian dress, I expected to see you wearing your matching shirt...but I like your Mickey/Donald Hawaiian shirt. :thumbsup2

Oh man, now I'm hungry for potstickers and noodles and broccoli and meat and bread pudding. Mmmmm.

Happy 5th, Parker!

Went to Ohanas for dinner last trip, my first time. It was so good. Love potstickers.

Looks like the kids had a blast, especially Noelle :rotfl:
glad you liked it, i occasionally see someone who doesnt like it at all and never want to go back

they had a great time there, the interactive dinner stuff is a big hit with them.

Hi there! I just found your TR and am subbing in. I am also from the great landlocked state of Indiana. I live in a southern suburb of Indy. I'm only on chapter 4... but I can't wait to get all caught up!:coffee:

:welcome: glad to have another hoosier on board.

we love going to indy to events and so forth its a fun city to walk around.

YAY for O'Hana.

Eating there in May.. :cool1: The only thing I don't like is the time it takes to get seated sometimes. :confused3

I am glad you enjoyed your potstickers, I like the wings....:)

And dessert... unless the fireworks are going on and your tablemates eat it before you turn around...;) I was saved a taste.

we usually dont have a problem getting a table there quick...we generally get a reservation within the first hour it opens so not much backup time.

i like the wings as well, but much quicker to pop a whole pot sticker in your mouth...and i really enjoy there noodles and vegtables.

thats when you grab the bowl and hold it in your lap while turned around.:thumbsup2

Looks like a great meal at 'Ohanas! Great pictures of all of you...

Happy Birthday Parker!

Jill in CO

thanks very much, and the birthday wishes.

Awesome...may have to check out Ohana's next time we are there.

You can't get any cuter then Noelle. She made me laugh out loud. Heehee

Happy Birthday Parker!! Hope all your dreams come true!
you should we have always enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

her personality has doubled from that trip she is a real character now.

i think it did he hasnt stopped talking about his birthday trip we just went on.

:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Score!

Noelle stole the show! SO cute

I could have a dinner of just the pot stickers, bread, noodles and broccoli. Starch starch and more starch please! With one of those drinks in the hurricane glasses on the side. :goodvibes

Lovely picture of the 4 of you, what a relaxed and happy looking evening.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARKER!

she certainly did, she likes to be the center of attention.

those would make a great meal option nothing wrong with extra starch in disney you walk it all off ::yes::

it was another great evening and not over yet. more fun ahead.

thanks he had a great birthday.

The family picture is just beautiful! Have fun with Parker's party. He is growing up so fast! We are going up to Michigan the first weekend in May to celebrate the little one's birthday, just two weeks after getting back from WDW.
thanks, we had a great long weekend celebrating his birthday.

have a great time in michigan...and of course on your disney trip.:thumbsup2

Aww, I can't believe "our" Parker is 5 already! He is growing up so fast! Tell him Happy Birthday from all of us! Looks like Ohana was a hit with the kiddos :thumbsup2 Parker made a great coconut jockey and Noelle is practicing her stand-up comedy routine

Very nice father-daughter pic, too!

it does seem like just yesterday he was born...it has gone fast but we have done so much in the 5 years with him.

i really like that picture of us as well thanks.
:)

Oh my word! I've been debating on making a reservation at Ohana for our trip in August. I just hung up with Disney Dining with a reservation for our last night after seeing your pictures. I'm so excited!
well i am glad i was able to push you over the edge and i hope that you enjoy it as much as we do.

im thinking you will. ::yes::

I would comment on your meal at O'hana, but I just can't find the right words........ :rolleyes2

well how about these words.

mmmm mouth watering food.

and really cute company at dinner.

seems like something you would say.
:wave2:

So, I'm on chapter 43 (not bad for leaving off yesterday on chapter 4).... and a few things: 1. I'm not a parent so I can't speak on that-- but I think the situation at the Dino Dinner was handled as best as possible. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it didn't sound like he made a huge scene..
hope the chapter links helped you out and you didnt have to scroll through each page.

very few people did look, i think it being a loud restaurant helped not draw to much attention our way. but that was another reason that we kept taking him out as to not make it too much a situation...just hope that moment is behind us on future trips.

2. The only times I've gone to WDW and stayed on property were at WL. And every time we've gone, we've taken a picture with the totem pole outside the WL Mercantile.
we try and get pictures at certain spots each trip, that is one of them. just have to keep making reservations at whispering canyon for a reason to go there.
:)

3. My inlaws played the ketchup trick on me when we went there for dinner... they love to embarrass their daughter in law!
it is a fun trick for first timers...that is part of the family initiation to embarrass new members.

4. In your real life update-- what state park was it that you guys went to? Was it Brown County State Park? I've had several friends go there and I really want to go.. but never have.
Can't wait to catch up... hopefully tomorrow. :dance3:
the one where just candi i went to? that was turkey run state park.

we have been to brown county state park, that is another fun one...i have an update on that inn, i think in the previous trip report i had.

The waterparks look like so much fun! If we can wrangle a longer-than-4/5-day stay on our next trip, our kids have been begging to go. And I'm jealous of your 'Ohana dinner! We love that place, but didn't go this trip. I'd be ok just eating the sides - the heck with the meats!

Happy birthday, Parker! I forgot that his and Will's bdays were so close. We had Will's party today at my mom's, and tomorrow I get to be a normal mom instead of a teacher at his preschool birthday thanks to an unused snow day tomorrow. :woohoo: Kindergarten for our two boys next year...wow!
hope you can fit in a trip to the water parks, im sure they would love it.

that is another place we really try and hit each trip.

i know i cant believe that they are old enough for school, but im sure they will do great, he loves preschool now...only bad part is it cuts into the middle of the year trips. :headache:

So, after finally catching up, Happy Birthday Parker! :thumbsup2:dance3:

congrats on catching up, if you need more material in between the next update, check out hte old reports in the links.
:thumbsup2

What a beautiful pic of the family! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

Oh man, Noelle was cracking me up in those pictures. Looks like she was having a blast at dinner!

Hope Parker had a wonderful birthday party! party:

thanks, once she gets going it is hard to stop her, i pushed her chair away from the table so she wouldnt hit her head, and she still went nuts throwing her head around.

thanks he had a great birthday party

I love Ohana. Great picture of the whole family!
thank you very much, he took 5 pictures, that one turned out the best with both kids looking.

Looks like a nice time at “Ohana.
The pic of Noelle after being hopped up on ice cream is too cute.
Great update and pics.
Happy Birthday Parker.

once you get her going she wont stop, she was on for a while that night.

thanks scott he had a great time.

party: :bday: party:

PARKER

Hope you are having a great time!!!!

thanks pat, he had a great time, hope to have a few pics up in the next update

Looks like a great meal at O'hana. One of these days I'm going to try that place. Everyone seems to love it.

Noelle just seems to be having a ball. Really cute pictures in this chapter.

Happy birthday Parker!

i think you guys would have a great time, i know yo uwould love the endless food being thrown at you.

she took some really good pics that night.

thanks, for the birthday wishes.

:mickeyjum :dumbo: :bday: party: :tigger: :goofy:

Happy 5th Birthday Parker!!!!

(I think today is the actual day, right???)
you were correct it was yesterday. he had a fun trip well actually we all had a fun trip.

wow...FIVE already??? Happy birthday little...I mean big dude!! :goodvibes

i know hard to believe isnt it. it seems far away but your first 5 years will fly by with your little one, just take each day at a time and enjoy each day.:thumbsup2 and create a ton of memories.

With Candi wearing her Hawaiian dress, I expected to see you wearing your matching shirt...but I like your Mickey/Donald Hawaiian shirt. :thumbsup2

Oh man, now I'm hungry for potstickers and noodles and broccoli and meat and bread pudding. Mmmmm.

Happy 5th, Parker!

well i did wear the shirt but on a different night, only nights where i get to met up with glenn do i we wear matching outfits. :rolleyes1

i love that hawaiian shirt i was wearing that night, in the next update i meat 2 guys who are wearing the same shirt.

me too, going to fridays for dinner tonight and hoping i get some pot stickers there to meat that craving.:teacher:

thanks for the birthday wishes.

Slowly catching up on everyone's TR's.

I love your recap of your first week at Disney--the pictures show all the fun you were having.

Sounds like a great day at the Water Park. I had to laugh as I watched Noelle in her high chair falling asleep. It amazes me where little ones can just fall alseep.

We are FINALLY, for the first time, trying Ohana in August. I've heard mixed reviews on it and was always hesitant to try it but figured we would decide for ourselves. Those potstickers look really yummy.

Love the family picture at the Poly.

Slowly catching up on everyone's TR's.

I love your recap of your first week at Disney--the pictures show all the fun you were having.

Sounds like a great day at the Water Park. I had to laugh as I watched Noelle in her high chair falling asleep. It amazes me where little ones can just fall alseep.

We are FINALLY, for the first time, trying Ohana in August. I've heard mixed reviews on it and was always hesitant to try it but figured we would decide for ourselves. Those potstickers look really yummy.

Love the family picture at the Poly.

thanks kathy, welcome home

it also amazes me where grandparents can fall asleep, i think my grandma thinks church is a great place for nap, never fails falls asleep each week. :rotfl:

glad you are trying it and can make your own judgment on the meal...but i really think you are going to enjoy it.
::yes::

OK I'm about a week late for your update, but I finally tracked you down. ::yes::

Fantastic family picture. Love the outfits. Candi's dress is so pretty!

Love your view. I can honestly say I have never had a decent view at Ohana's. Looks lovely.

Yummy good. I could go for those chicken wings and noodles right now.

The kids look like they are having a blast!

Loved your update.

OK I'm about a week late for your update, but I finally tracked you down. ::yes::

Fantastic family picture. Love the outfits. Candi's dress is so pretty!

Love your view. I can honestly say I have never had a decent view at Ohana's. Looks lovely.

Yummy good. I could go for those chicken wings and noodles right now.

The kids look like they are having a blast!

Loved your update.

no worries, we were out of town most of the week anyway so you didnt miss any new upates.

thanks she got it from her sister from hawaii a few years ago.

ask for a seat around the main pathway that might help your chances...

i am good for a little bit i just had some pot stickers 2 nights ago, not ohana quality but still okay. but i would not turn down the meal right now either. :)

Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 1

Another break in the action, but will still have a few disney references in this break.

Parkers birthday was tuesday, we had his party scheduled outdoors at a park on saturday well the weather was not being very nice, so last minute thursday night i had to find an indoor locations.

I became very well acquainted with the local eating establishments and there menus and such in a short time.

So the party was moved to a pizza joint that we had not been to in a while but had a nice size party room for us.

It was a monster truck theme

The kids loved there coloring table of monster truck pictures.

DSC06511_zps5de23805.jpg

when i ordered the pizza the lady said i would not need that much, but then i told her i would have more leftovers for me.

DSC06514_zps6e9f6489.jpg

one of parkers cakes, we put some of his monster truck toys on the "dirt" track he loved it.
DSC06525_zps1e1f82de.jpg

another great thing about the party somewhere else was they cook, cleanup, and nothing for us to do but leave when it is over and relax at home and play with the new toys.

also gave us some down time before we left the next morning to head to Wisconsin Dells for part of his gift from candi and I.

it was a nice 4 hour trip and we made it plenty early to enjoy the day at the resort.

:note: some of the pictures may be out of order i used 3 different cameras but i did my best to put them back in order.

our bedroom for the next few nights.
DSC06568_zps63c19761.jpg

DSC06572_zpse0784bf8.jpg

when you checkout they let you use the indoor water park and amusment park the rest of the day, so this parking lot ended up being a ghost town that night and the next two days. the one desk guy told candi that there was only 25 of 700 rooms booked the next few nights so we would have the place to ourselves basicaly.

DSC08233_zpsae36dd22.jpg

part of the indoor waterpark.
DSC08237_zps91335b46.jpg

there was tower with two tube slides on it, another tower with 2 body slides, and a huge pirate boat play area for the little ones, a lazy river 2 hot tubes, and a big pool just to swim around and jump in.

not huge, but plenty of things for a little kid to be entertained and a kid at heart to be entertained.

when we first got there we went over to the indoor amusment park and played around some before dinner.
noelle liked the train/trolly going around
DSC08246_zps675c455f.jpg

the coaster was fun but just a little too big for parkers height.
DSC06589_zps14ad77a0.jpg

sort of like prime evil whirl at AK park but not as spinny.

later that night after dinner we went to the water park since it was open later.

and im sure pat will be upset with me for not holding on but i wanted to get a picture of the ride down.
DSCF1277_zps308611db.jpg

and why stop at a picture when you can video the whole thing

gives you a real sense of the ride.

it was a blast parker and i went on it for about an hour straight with no breaks, i surely got my leg workout in that night climbing the stairs.

parker and candi had a more relaxing water park time, noelle just was content playing in the water with the bubbles and shooting water...which was fine with candi she just sat with her and let her have fun.
DSCF1287_zps4369872f.jpg

we did however enjoy the lazy river for a few laps.
DSCF1294_zps305022d9.jpg

we let parker open a present early so he could sleep with it...he made sure he kept the tic toc crock on one side of the bed and hook on the other he said he didnt want tic toc to eat him during the night.
DSC06576_zps7698b4ea.jpg

after the travel and playing all day the kids were pooped and just cuddled up with me on the bed and had some popcorn while we watched toy story 3 on the disney channel.
DSC08249_zpsef8eb370.jpg

on monday since the water park didnt open till 10:30 we had some time to kill so we went downtown and explored the few shops that were open and i was glad i went in this one and found this little gem.
DSC08254_zps28219922.jpg

in case you can not read it, it says not tested on animals, its made with animals...if it wasnt 7 bucks i would have bought it.

a few more interesting places along the way...i forgot the name of this one but it had an upside down white house.
DSC06578_zps0f13d27b.jpg

DSC06580_zps0f05cdad.jpg

this was part of the outdoor section of our hotels amusment and water park, but was not open yet...

DSC06582_zpsc79ceb93.jpg

our room was inside that little rome wall
DSC06586_zpsc1b8ba32.jpg

we went to the water park for a while then back for lunch.

after lunch noelle laid down for her nap and parker and i went out for a little go kart time and rides.
DSC08258_zps9737f2de.jpg

the place was a ghost town and we went on the go karts as many times as we wanted it was great.
on the way back to the room

parker and i stopped for a little ice cream.
DSC08264_zps199811ae.jpg

nice thing about the resort is the wrist bands that you wear to get into the the parks has a bar code on it, so if you want to buy anything you just have to scan it and then they charge you when you check out, nice to not have to carry money while in the parks.

on the way back up to the room to get candi and noelle from her nap we stopped in the gift shop for some pictures im sure ms kathy will enjoy.

DSC08269_zps78fd5901.jpg

DSC08270_zps3938312d.jpg

DSC08271_zpsd359e0ae.jpg

Continued in part two below

continued from previous update

DSC08272_zpsa70e4b30.jpg

my eyes were closed on purpose in this one.
DSC08273_zpsc902fe4a.jpg

when we picked up the others we went to the amusment side again and let the kids play some bowling they had a blast cause the balls were just there size.
DSC06596_zps88869c50.jpg

candi and parker enjoyed a spin on the go karts.
DSC06605_zps03ce75d6.jpg

some kids in the arcade had one 3 of these balls and there parents said they didnt have room to take them all home so they gave one to our kids.
DSC06610_zps00ec8344.jpg

on the way to dinner that night noelle insisted on wearing her diaper bag
DSC08275_zpsd2b3db0b.jpg

dinner was at Moosejaw brewery

we liked there delivery cars.
DSC08277_zps1ff947e4.jpg

and in true parker fashion he loved the back of the car and asked for a picture back there...
DSC08276_zpsfd845ce1.jpg

i dont think i need to explain what he thought was so funny.

with our dinner we opted for the 10 pointer beer sampler...we had to try all there brews they make right?
DSC08280_zpse638d006.jpg

and a few silly hat pics at the table.
DSC08288_zps8af4fc3c.jpg

DSC08289_zps95373284.jpg

we claimed there beer cheddar soup (had potato hunks and brats in it,) as the best soup we have ever had in our life it was that good.

DSC08291_zps4f0e494d.jpg

candi said the ribs she had were the best she has had that she can remember they were very good i had a few bites.

in the gift shop the kids wanted to try on more hats.
DSC08302_zps29e8d11a.jpg

DSC08303_zps2cd53427.jpg

even though we were stuffed we still went to the water park that night to have some more fun and another hour of going on tube slides with parker which we both had a blast doing.

the next day was parkers birthday

he woke up to his presents well most of them here with us.
DSC06617_zps9f9b7c2b.jpg

his favorite that morning his captain hook pirate ship

then at the water park that morning we had the water camera and i decided to take some pictures as my point of view when he was jumping in to me.
DSCF1339_zps0e0456c9.jpg

an underwater jump in shot

DSCF1343_zpsf56d8668.jpg

DSCF1344_zps5b0cb5fc.jpg

then he started making faces as he jumped in for the camera.
DSCF1351_zps17f84957.jpg

DSCF1353_zps85d30648.jpg

after we checked out we stopped in town at buffalo phils for parkers birthday lunch it is train themed.

he loved that the train brought the food to the table
DSC06626_zps97fbbe14.jpg

with out check they gave us a coupon for free rides at the play area, so we enjoyed some train coaster sort of like goofys ride in the MK but packed in much tighter.
DSC06650_zpsab08e910.jpg

and of course a hat pic on the way out.
DSC06656_zps8bcf9e7c.jpg

the two places we ate at were owned by the same company sense a theme in this ones vehicle as well for deliveries?

DSC06658_zps50cc1e82.jpg

when we got home that night he had another gift waiting.

it was the second large item we brought home from disney last fall, it was the contemporary to go with his monorail track

he loved it and i had to set it up for him that night.

you can see how big it is based on him sitting next to it.

DSC06663_zps58e0a3bf.jpg

so it was a good birthday for parker, you know he had a good time when he has played hotel since we have gotten home, included using the room key card to enter his room everytime he needs to go in.

asking for menus from the restaurants we ate at when we sit down for a meal, and when we go into the car to go somewhere we are taking the hotel bus to our location.

Looks like a fantastic time! Can't believe how big Noelle is getting compared to your time in Disney. :) Parker is quite the handsome young man. :)

Jill in CO

Thanks so much for posting your update this morning. I really needed some smiles today and you definitely delivered.

Oh my that soup looks delicious!

Look how big Noelle is compared to your WDW pictures! Wow.

Happy belated birthday to Parker! Looks like everyone had a blast.

the kids are getting so big! What a great birthday for Parker. I LOVE that monorail set and I want one for myself...;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter