Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Chapter 48. Party with the Chipmunks, well sort of

After we finished dinner and taking the pictures downstairs we found, well Noelle found something she could not live without.

She saw this on the bottom shelf and continued to pull and pull on it till it came with her, she started dragging it around with her, and since she didnt fall in love with many things this trip we decided to pick it up for her. disregard the warning for not under 3 year olds.

Mickey and Minnie Baby Dolls.
DSC05199_zps7c50d3e3.jpg

They came in there own rolling suitcase as well.

Of course i had to get a picture of my favorite hidden mickey that we found as kids even before finding hidden mickeys were cool and there were books about them.
DSC05200_zps411556f2.jpg

Before we went to the monorail platform i took this panoramic shot of the main hall
DSC05201_zpsa7e343de.jpg

While walking to the monorail i had two guys come up to me and say nice shirt, i said thanks, and said hey you guys have the same shirt on...all 3 of us had the same shirt...we talked for a few minutes till the monorail came.

Where Noelle could not wait to get to her baby dolls she had to give them kisses in the packaging.
DSC05204_zps086cbe30.jpg

Once on the monorail i did my best while standing and not obeying the rules of holding on...i was working on getting the babys out of there house so noelle could start giving them hugs.

Minnie made it out first.
DSC05205_zps5be8008f.jpg

The rest of the night every mom asked us where we got those and said that they had to find them for there girls in there families.

We got off at the MK stop and walked over to the boat launch.
We thought the clouds and sunset were really neat that night so a few sky pictures were in order.
DSC05207_zpsc270180b.jpg

While waiting parker wanted to see if any of the boat captains had some trading cards.

He walked over and waited till they were done talking to the other guests then said

"excuse me sir, do you have any trading cards."

he didnt, but the other CM standing there did, he had new ones that i had not seen before and parker was thrilled to get them.

DSC05209_zps87328cbd.jpg

DSC05210_zps742905a5.jpg

Of course we took the seats in the back in the open air and closer to the elements on our trip from MK to Fort Wilderness.
DSC05211_zpsc9955fa5.jpg

As we were going across the water we noticed the sky was really cool with a huge blue streak cutting across it...it was much brighter in person but still turned out good in the picture.
DSC05215_zpsecb05747.jpg

I enjoyed taking pics of the family as we went across the water with things in the background...Parker had a blast on the boat.
DSC05223_zps3e43e570.jpg

Ever since the previous trip 2 years before where the boat captain gave him a captains hat he has loved the disney boats.

I also thought this picture of the flag on the back of the boat with the monorail track was neat...i had another one that showed a monorail in it, but the monorail was blurry so i chose this one instead.
DSC05227_zps4648c76d.jpg

So since i was in a picture taking mood and loved the way the sky looked in them i kept shooting.

DSC05229_zps7145fd37.jpg

i also enjoyed this one of the contemporary.
DSC05231_zps5b1cf1f2.jpg

This next one took a few to get it right, i tried to get the flag extended out and finally got it to show this much, but with the wind blowing it was tricky.
this was one of my favorites.

DSC05234_zps036db1a7.jpg

When we got off the boat, we thought we were late for the sing along to start, so we rushed quickly to the camp fire circle...turns out we were early as it didnt start at 7:30 it started at 8:00 that night so we were just fine.

a quick bathroom break was in order...and for proof here are the mats in the entranceway.

DSC05237_zps8a6c5506.jpg

this is standing in the back looking towards teh screen and stage.
DSC05239_zpsccdf96af.jpg

and then standing in the front looking in the back, i put the flash on the camera for these next few to make sure they turned out good.

the building on the right is the one that houses the movie room, and the guests of the hour come out of the back.

the left is the chuck wagon that has the refreshment stand where you can get marshmellos cooking supplies, hot dogs, to cook over the fire pits, as well as drinks, and popcorn and other snacks.
DSC05242_zpsd446e210.jpg

soon enough chip and dale made there appearance and way towards the front.
DSC05246_zps5e45d39e.jpg

chip and dale made there way on stage to be introduced and told there differences on how to tell them apart.
DSC05249_zps078cd7d2.jpg

they sing camp fire songs, that everyone knows and sings along with and does little antics to the songs and so forth, it is a good time.

signing books. and giving him shelled peanuts that we had brought from home for parker to give to chip and dale....they also really like chocolate chip cookies.
DSC05252_zps64575f3f.jpg

and of course a big hug for bringing the nuts.
DSC05253_zps37ee6be0.jpg

after the singer is done with the song he was playing he starts to say that once chip and dale are done with there rounds they will play a cartoon then they are going to show Hercules tonight as the main movie.

NO worries right?

WRONG.

Parker asks me.

"hey dad what did he say?"

"i told him they are going to play a cartoon and a movie."

"what move?"

"hercules"

"what is that?"

"i dont know i have never seen it, but we are leaving after the cartoon anyway it is late"

"but what is it about?"

"i have no idea, i have never seen it buddy"

"but what is it about?"

"i dont know i have not seen it"

this went back and forth a few times, i could not even describe it or for some reason my mind was not letting me make anything up on the spot either, i was just lost in the thought process of it doesnt matter what it is about we are leaving anyway.

about this time, i can tell it is more a nervous im scarred of this movie that is being played i want out of here and i could care less about getting the other chipmunks autograph mode.

so there was a melt down by him which we were upset that he didnt get to witness the rest of the sing along and just have fun dancing around...but we now know to go on a night in the future where it is a movie he knows and likes, or we will just LIE about the movie that they say is playing and take it from there.:laughing:

we did however go into the trading depot and exchange the broken hook toy that he got earlier at the poly for one that was in good shape.

i was also looking for a fort wilderness drink cozy that they had not had for a while and still did not have when i had some friends look on there trips for me.

and traded a few pins, then walked back up to the boat dock.

from there we took a boat to the contemporary where we saw and heard wishes was starting

while on the boat there were a few ladies who did not understand why the boat driver only stayed on this side of the lake and would not take her to the poly, so he said just go to the contemporary then take a monorail around it will be much faster for you...she didnt like that answer but finally accepted it.

on the walk back to the MK bus stop we stopped here by the monorail track and watched the rest of wishes

DSC05260_zps09e9f4e1.jpg

it was actually a fun spot to watch from.

we hit the second bus back to our resort.

then ran up to get some drinks for our mugs, and watched Monday night football in the room...made it even better the bears were playing so that was a plus.

Next chapter we get our of lazy relaxing mode and get back to the parks.

What a fun night, you guys really worked the monorail circuit between dinner, the fire and wishes. Very cute baby dolls, glad they were such a hit (even if Noelle isn't 3 lol).

Poor Parker, is he scared of a lot of movies? Or is it more the unknown? I can see where that wouldn't register with me either at the time.

Those baby dolls are precious and the picture of noelle holding minnie is just absolutely adorable. I think its so cool how instinctual it is for a child to want to care for a smaller child.

What a gorgeous sky and that final picture of the flag off the back of the boat is outstanding. I am such a sucker for the american flag. I love taking pictures of it and I love seeing pictures of it. Nice job.

Poor Parker. Sorry about the mini melt down but overall the evening sounds like a ton of fun. How great that you got to see the fireworks as you were coming back to the MK.

Looks like a great evening minus little meltdown. It happens :goodvibes

The pics of the skies during boat ride are gorgeous

Those dolls are just precious princess:

What a fun evening. We need to spend some time at the Wilderness. They seem to have some really great programs for the family. I know that we want to stay there one day.

Your kids are awesome. Their smiley faces make me happy!

I love the family pic at the Polynesian, such a good photo!

Looks like you had fun at the Dells! I only live about 4 hours away from the Dells too! I haven't ever been there though. It is crazy how much older Noelle looks!!!

a quick bathroom break was in order...and for proof here are the mats in the entranceway.

DSC05237_zps8a6c5506.jpg

:thumbsup2 Now look up....We need the cowboy mural. :rotfl2:

Glad you found something that Noelle loved in those Mickey and Minnie baby dolls.

Incredible pictures during the boat ride- Great Job. :cool2:

Sorry Parker started having a melt down about what the movie was and what not.
Hopefully he will grow out of the "I'm scared" phase. So hard to try and comfort and reassure when he can't quite verbalize what the problem is.

I'm glad Noelle liked the dolls but...wow are they creepy!

Heaven forbid the boat not take that woman exactly where she wanted to go! Entitled much?

Sounds like a fun night!

Aw, Noelle is really cute with her new babies. Yeah, you pretty much had to buy those.

Whoa, that blue streak in the sky is really strange/interesting! There must be some scientific name for that phenomenon.

I like the sign on the stage at Fort Wilderness: "O.U. Wish hair restorer" :rotfl2:

I was a few updates behind...again.

First and foremost two :thumbsup2 for Parker and Noelle's hat trying on skills. Mr. Mark is very proud! (Okay, Dan you did okay too).

Looks like a great birthday party with friends and then a great birthday weekend up at the Dells (again...a place I have never been).

Great pictures on the boat ride over to see Chip and Dale.

Love the photo of Noelle kissing her new Minnie...precious.

What a fun night, you guys really worked the monorail circuit between dinner, the fire and wishes. Very cute baby dolls, glad they were such a hit (even if Noelle isn't 3 lol).

Poor Parker, is he scared of a lot of movies? Or is it more the unknown? I can see where that wouldn't register with me either at the time.
thanks we love us some disney monorails so any extra trips we can squeeze in we do it.

does anyone ever follow those age rules?:confused3

more of the unknown, and i think with finding a few things that scarred him this trip he was hesitant of things.

Those baby dolls are precious and the picture of noelle holding minnie is just absolutely adorable. I think its so cool how instinctual it is for a child to want to care for a smaller child.

What a gorgeous sky and that final picture of the flag off the back of the boat is outstanding. I am such a sucker for the american flag. I love taking pictures of it and I love seeing pictures of it. Nice job.

Poor Parker. Sorry about the mini melt down but overall the evening sounds like a ton of fun. How great that you got to see the fireworks as you were coming back to the MK.
she does great with baby dolls, has beds for them she puts them in and covers them at night and gives them kisses good night all on her own...it is amazing what they know at such a young age.

i really liked that picture as well, and it is not a normal flag if you look close but more of a nautical one i believe, i have never seen that version before.

it was a nice surprise on the way back to the hotel thats for sure.

Looks like a great evening minus little meltdown. It happens :goodvibes

The pics of the skies during boat ride are gorgeous

Those dolls are just precious princess:
it was a fun evening and another learning experience for us.

thanks i was happy that was such a different sunset that evening.

they are really cute dolls im glad we found them.

What a fun evening. We need to spend some time at the Wilderness. They seem to have some really great programs for the
family. I know that we want to stay there one day.
great place to stay thats for sure...cant wait till we get our bigger camper so we can stay there again.
they have alot of pool activities as well during the day.

Your kids are awesome. Their smiley faces make me happy!

I love the family pic at the Polynesian, such a good photo!

Looks like you had fun at the Dells! I only live about 4 hours away from the Dells too! I haven't ever been there though. It is crazy how much older Noelle looks!!!

thanks i like there smiley faces too;)

it is a good family picture thanks.

we had a blast, when we were driving up i passed a pepsi factory...dont you work at one of those? i wondered if it was close to where you from. i remember reading about you switching jobs and working at a beverage company.

:thumbsup2 Now look up....We need the cowboy mural. :rotfl2:

Glad you found something that Noelle loved in those Mickey and Minnie baby dolls.

Incredible pictures during the boat ride- Great Job. :cool2:

Sorry Parker started having a melt down about what the movie was and what not.
Hopefully he will grow out of the "I'm scared" phase. So hard to try and comfort and reassure when he can't quite verbalize what the problem is.
cowboy mural? there were ducks and plants on the wall above it.:)

glad you enjoy the boat ride pics...maybe on your next trip you can enjoy a leisure stroll on the boat from MK to Fort wilderness it is a fun trip especially at dusk.

yep something that we have worked on since then to understand that something might frighten him and be able to catch it before it does.

Great update! :)
thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

I'm glad Noelle liked the dolls but...wow are they creepy!

Heaven forbid the boat not take that woman exactly where she wanted to go! Entitled much?

Sounds like a fun night!
really? i thought they were sort of cute.

it was like watching an toddler fight with a grown up and telling them that they could not get there way.

it was a fun night good ending to a relaxing day,

Aw, Noelle is really cute with her new babies. Yeah, you pretty much had to buy those.

Whoa, that blue streak in the sky is really strange/interesting! There must be some scientific name for that phenomenon.

I like the sign on the stage at Fort Wilderness: "O.U. Wish hair restorer" :rotfl2:

thanks glenn, especially when she worked so hard to get them off the shelf all herself.

i looked it up and it is called "blueskylightosis"

:rotfl: i never even noticed that sign in the background...give yourself and eagle eye point.:thumbsup2

Better late than never! Subscribing! :)
:welcome: glad to have you aboard and reading along.

I was a few updates behind...again.

First and foremost two :thumbsup2 for Parker and Noelle's hat trying on skills. Mr. Mark is very proud! (Okay, Dan you did okay too).

Looks like a great birthday party with friends and then a great birthday weekend up at the Dells (again...a place I have never been).

Great pictures on the boat ride over to see Chip and Dale.

Love the photo of Noelle kissing her new Minnie...precious.

no problem kathy i know you were busy the last few weeks.

hope your water has gone down around you area by now.

im glad you liked the hat pictures i knew you would appreciate there young training in progress

thanks it was a great boat ride, im sure mark would love it very relaxing out there.

thanks she loves her baby dolls thats for sure.

Well, I'm glad Noelle liked her new dolls. And the pictures you got on the boat were terrific. What a beautiful twilight sky.

My youngest son keeps asking to do the Chip & Dale campfire and it's one of those things we never seem to have the time to do. Looks like it's a lot of fun. Didn't seem like there were too many people there, judging from the pictures.

really? i thought they were sort of cute.

it was like watching an toddler fight with a grown up and telling them that they could not get there way.

it was a fun night good ending to a relaxing day,

I am not a doll person. My godmother used to buy me porcelain dolls when I was a little girl and I thought they were terrifying. The blank stare. :crazy2: I used to turn them around so they'd face the wall instead of me.

Chapter 47. Live Life Update Part 1

Another break in the action, but will still have a few disney references in this break.

Parkers birthday was tuesday, we had his party scheduled outdoors at a park on saturday well the weather was not being very nice, so last minute thursday night i had to find an indoor locations.

I hate when that happens but I guess one of the risks you always take when you plan outdoor celebrations! :headache:

Looks like a great birthday cake for Parker to enjoy! So how much of that pizza was left at the end of the party??? :confused3

That is a really neat design on the bunkbeds in your room at the Dells! Haven't seen one like that, but looks like Parker and Noelle both enjoyed it! Guessing Parker got the top bunk.......... :banana:

The place you stayed looks like a lot of fun for young and old alike! Plenty of variety for everyone. Even the lazy river part looked like a great time! :) Especially after all the climbing........chance to give the legs a rest! Of course, what better way to end a busy, tiring day than with "dinner" and a movie! :goodvibes

Upside down White House, huh? :rolleyes1

Go Karts and ice cream..........sounds like a great afternoon to me!!! :woohoo:

Lovin' all the hat pics! Can't believe you weren't the one sporting the Beer hat though............. :rotfl2:

So Parker thought the back of the Moosejaw Brewery delivery vehicle was funny because Candi was in the picture??? ;)

That track with the monorail looks like a lot of fun too!

Chapter 48. Party with the Chipmunks, well sort of
Nice that you found the Minnie and Mickey dolls that Noelle loved so much. She looks like they are really special to her! :goodvibes

How polite of Parker the way he asked about the trading cards!!! :cloud9:

That blue streak in the sky is definitely interesting! Nice job capturing the picture! :thumbsup2

Love the way Parker is enjoying the boat ride! Do they have any of the Disney boats as part of those transportation "toys" I have seen before at Disney? Seems like something else Parker REALLY needs............. ;)

Some great pics with Chip and Dale! A couple more of my favorites!!! :banana:

Sorry Parker had another meltdown over the Hercules movie. Yea, I think if you can't come up with a quick answer for what a movie is about in the future, just make something up and compare it to another Disney movie he knows about. After all, they pretty much follow a similar theme.........hero, some sort of conflict, love interest "princess", hero overcomes the conflict, hero wins over the Princess in the end, they all live happily ever after........... ;)

Been there, done that when it comes to having melt-downs about the unknown. Disney always did it for us...I remember literally dragging Jack on Buzz Lightyear when he was 4 or 5, and then having to ride it two more times because he liked it so much. This last trip it was Will's turn. I think just being away from home and all things familiar messes with them, too.

We've never been to one of the sing-alongs. Wonder if my oldest will think it's hokey by the time we get back? Something to put on the "maybe" list. Loved all the photos - you can't beat Disney scenery, but those were really cool! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter