SURPRISE! Obstructed Verandahs on the Disney Dream…

So I have 7660 booked is that an obstructed room? If so these are available 7558,7556,7554,7552. Which one (if any) are not obstructed? Sorry we have dial up and it will not load th full picture of the ship. Thanks for any help!!

Using pics from HallsofVA's thread (previous post), 7660 is obstructed. 7558 and 7556 are not, while 7554 and 7552 are.

:laundy:

Are these only on decks 5-9, or have they also been added to deck 10? It looks like they are "supposed' to connect to the lines on deck 11, but I haven't seen any pictures where they are on deck 10. (I ask because it looks like 10012 would have the obstruction if they put them in.)
I also noticed there are now "support beams" under the front bump-out of deck 11. I wonder if they are on both sides of the ship, and how disruptive they are to the view.

TIA!

Are these only on decks 5-9, or have they also been added to deck 10? It looks like they are "supposed' to connect to the lines on deck 11, but I haven't seen any pictures where they are on deck 10. (I ask because it looks like 10012 would have the obstruction if they put them in.)
I also noticed there are now "support beams" under the front bump-out of deck 11. I wonder if they are on both sides of the ship, and how disruptive they are to the view.

TIA!

Looks like you're right...I don't see any pics or video of these particular obstructions on Deck 10. But then there is that "bump-out" from Deck 11 immediately above for all Deck 10, which to me is worse.

Wow! In my opinion this worry about "obstruction" is much ado about nothing. We had one of the alleged obstructed views (7650) on the maiden voyage, and it imposed no restriction on the view at all. Certainly does not justify reclassification of the rooms. I found it no worse than the same verandahs on the Wonder or Magic. Actually, the verandahs are much nicer design wise, since the "obstruction" material is not a slab of hull metal requiring frequent repainting, but rather a nice nonstructural, anodized, finished panel that gives more of a "German construction" feel to the verandah. Also, the safety bars across the verandah are integrated into the plexiglas panels and are finished metal also, much nicer than the "rebar" bars on the classic ships.

I have room 7152, which is across from 7650, and was honestly starting to feel a little bummed at the thought of an obstruction. Glad to hear you say it really isn't so bad, but not sure if it makes me feel less bummed. *sigh*

Wow! In my opinion this worry about "obstruction" is much ado about nothing. We had one of the alleged obstructed views (7650) on the maiden voyage, and it imposed no restriction on the view at all. Certainly does not justify reclassification of the rooms. I found it no worse than the same verandahs on the Wonder or Magic. Actually, the verandahs are much nicer design wise, since the "obstruction" material is not a slab of hull metal requiring frequent repainting, but rather a nice nonstructural, anodized, finished panel that gives more of a "German construction" feel to the verandah. Also, the safety bars across the verandah are integrated into the plexiglas panels and are finished metal also, much nicer than the "rebar" bars on the classic ships.

I happen to agree with you--it doesn't look that bad to me either. However, I don't mind helping others figure out if they will have it or not and letting them decide. :goodvibes

Mare,
Your room location has a lot more positives to it than the minor problem identified in this thread. We spend a lot of time on verandahs, and I never considered my view to be impaired. Quite honestly, the verandahs are so shallow you are seated or standing very close to the railing anyway. So any loss of visual angle is minimized. Basically, you aren't behind the panel, you are next to it. Your room is not a connecting room, so you don't have a connecting door. Plus, the hall configuration is very convenient. Since the room forward of you starts the larger family verandahs, there is a nice jog in the hall there that makes the hallway seem shorter, and makes it impossible to not find your room. Heck, you could be blind drunk, and not miss this cabin.. Just stagger or crawl down the hall til your head plows into a wall, stick your room card out to the left, and, walla, your room door is open!

My thought on why the pools are not bigger is that so there is more room for lounge chairs.

Are these dividers and thus obstructed rooms present on the Magic, too, besides the secret verhanda rooms??? I mean, are there about 96 obstructed views on Magic, too?

Finally, someone that has stayed in the room we have booked for 6/6/2012. I was going to change ours until I really thought about it. We're happy with the room location and I really didn't want to move. My husband didn't seem to think the obstruction was that big of a deal. It's nice to hear from someone that has stayed in that room.

Thank you,
Melissa

Are these dividers and thus obstructed rooms present on the Magic, too, besides the secret verhanda rooms??? I mean, are there about 96 obstructed views on Magic, too?

Yes, but these balconies are actually very nice as they have a solid metal, full floor to ceiling divider on one side (ie no gaps between the under/over the divider)..... making them a little more private than most, and with no obstruction to speak of - rooms 6616 and 6116 (and those next door toward the bow of the ship) being a couple of examples on either side the ship at the aft...loved these as they are so handy for the drinks stations and buffet restaurant.

If I'm reading this correctly, room 7650 and 7648 will have the obstruction...is this correct? We have booked connecting rooms 7648 & 7646. Perhaps it won't be too big a deal if our verandahs connect.:confused3

Using pics from HallsofVA's thread (previous post), 7660 is obstructed. 7558 and 7556 are not, while 7554 and 7552 are.

:laundy:

I think I feel better now.
My family has 12 cabins booked for a family reunion in June and dang if my cousin does not have 7650. All of our rooms are right together so no desire to relocate.
This whole family reunion cruise was my idea and it want it to go so well.
My cousin-who ironically has this room- lost her husband recently. He was a policeman killed in the line of duty. We are all trying to have some fun from so much sorrow. I sure hope her and her son are not disappointed.

I think I feel better now.
This whole family reunion cruise was my idea and it want it to go so well.
My cousin-who ironically has this room- lost her husband recently. He was a policeman killed in the line of duty. We are all trying to have some fun from so much sorrow. I sure hope her and her son are not disappointed.

Please trust me. You would never had noticed the "obstruction" if it hadn't been mentioned here. I was aware of the structure before boarding, but it never caused any obstruction for us or reduced the enjoyment of the verandah.

Please accept my condolences for your cousin and her son. Sadly and ironically, this was our first cruise in the two years since our daughter Amanda died of breast cancer, so we understand that this will be a bittersweet experience for your cousin and your family. Seems like 7650 is somewhat of a "memorial cabin". Our daughter was an avid Disney cruiser, and only because it was a new ship were we able to try it again. We are Platinum from cruises on the Magic and Wonder, but I'm not sure we can return to those ships. Too many memories!

we're booked in a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah CAT 4D, GTY...we've never had a GTY booking before, so are we able to request an unobstructed view, or are we just stuck with whatever they assign us? thanks!

Please trust me. You would never had noticed the "obstruction" if it hadn't been mentioned here. I was aware of the structure before boarding, but it never caused any obstruction for us or reduced the enjoyment of the verandah.

Please accept my condolences for your cousin and her son. Sadly and ironically, this was our first cruise in the two years since our daughter Amanda died of breast cancer, so we understand that this will be a bittersweet experience for your cousin and your family. Seems like 7650 is somewhat of a "memorial cabin". Our daughter was an avid Disney cruiser, and only because it was a new ship were we able to try it again. We are Platinum from cruises on the Magic and Wonder, but I'm not sure we can return to those ships. Too many memories!

Thank you and my condolences to you too. How hard to lose a child.
How wonderful you are continuing to make memories.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter