Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN!

Mmmm Le Cellier looks so gooooood! (As always!) I adore walking around the Canada pavilion. It makes me feel like I'm home for a few minutes. The gardens are so gorgeous.
I love World Showcase days in general. I love reading about them and seeing what everyone gets pictures of, it's always different.

Mmmm Le Cellier looks so gooooood! (As always!) I adore walking around the Canada pavilion. It makes me feel like I'm home for a few minutes. The gardens are so gorgeous.
I love World Showcase days in general. I love reading about them and seeing what everyone gets pictures of, it's always different.

Le Cellier was wonderful!!! And the Canada pavilion is just beautiful! Wish my yard looks like that! :)

After a fun picture in Morocco we headed toward Japan.

DSCF1787.jpg

DSCF1786.jpg

We ventured through Mitsukoshi Department Store and looked at everything. Ben decided he wanted to try some sake. The Peach Sake was the flavor of the day, so we went with it!

DSCF1788.jpg

DSCF1789.jpg

Pouring it...
DSCF1790.jpg

DSCF1791.jpg

It was surprisingly good! I wasn't sure what to expected. We even got a personalized little sake cup for us to bring home.

DSCF1793.jpg

DSCF1794.jpg

Next we checked out the Bijutsu-kan Gallery -- The exhibit was: "Spirit Beasts: From Ancient Stories to Anime Stars" which Ben loved.

DSCF1795.jpg

DSCF1797.jpg

Then we wondered onto America and check the time for The American Adventure. We had a little time until the next show, so we walked though Italy and Germany.

DSCF1798.jpg

DSCF1801.jpg

DSCF1802.jpg

DSCF1803.jpg

DSCF1805.jpg

DSCF1806.jpg

Yes, please!
DSCF1808.jpg

Back though Italy..
DSCF1809.jpg

DSCF1810.jpg

We are ready for the American Adventure. We enjoyed hearing the Voices of Liberty.
It is always amazing to hear them sing!
DSCF1813.jpg

DSCF1817.jpg

DSCF1818.jpg

We hadn't see the show for a few trips, so the tears flowed a little at the end. (Ok, I admit, I'm a huge sap!)

Next up a very yummy treat I learned about from several DIS'ers!

We walked past China on our way to Norway.
DSCF1820.jpg

DSCF1822.jpg

I was in need of a sweet treat at this point and MeMom had talked about School Bread and I was thinking I needed to try it because it looked so yummy! And it was! I may have only shared 1 bite with Ben. :rolleyes1 :laughing:
DSCF1823.jpg

We walked past Mexico on our way to Ellen's Energy Adventure.
DSCF1824.jpg

We had never been on this ride before and wanted to check it out. We weren't sure if Owen would like the dinosaurs (because of our experience at T-Rex in 2009, where I left with claw marks because he was scared!) so we decided to try it without the kids!
DSCF1826.jpg

I enjoyed it, but I think the kids would get bored since it lasts so long!

After that we headed to Spaceship Earth...can't believe this is the only picture I have!
DSCF1830.jpg

Our silly futures...
DSCF1832.jpg

Next we checked out one of our favorite stores, The Art of Disney.
DSCF1833.jpg

This would be Owen's favorite since it has a train and Mickey!
IMG_2331.jpg

IMG_2332.jpg

IMG_2336.jpg

IMG_2338.jpg

IMG_2340.jpg

My favorite...
IMG_2344.jpg

We love that store even if we can't afford any of it, it's still fun to look and dream! We always pick out the things we would take home with us if we won the lottery....of course we would need to play it first!

Then we walked over to The Land. We knew we wanted to ride Living with the Land and thought dinner at Sunshine Seasons would be good. We got there and Sunshine Seasons was mobbed, so we thought we would ride Living with the Land while we waited for it to thin out a bit.
DSCF1834.jpg

DSCF1835.jpg

DSCF1839.jpg

DSCF1841.jpg

DSCF1842.jpg

DSCF1843.jpg

DSCF1848.jpg

DSCF1849.jpg

DSCF1850.jpg

Continued it the next post...

Continuing Living with the Land...
DSCF1852.jpg

DSCF1855.jpg

DSCF1857.jpg

DSCF1858.jpg

By the time we finished out ride, Sunshine Seasons had cleared out enough for us to check out the offerings....they looked good so we decided to stay and eat.
I had the pork chop which was wonderful!
DSCF1867.jpg

And Ben had the Rueben, which he liked.
DSCF1866.jpg

Next I wanted to stop at Mousegears to look around. I have no shopping pictures, but I got a red 40th tee-shirt and our 2011 magnet. I always get the year magnet for the fridge...it's my favorite souvenir because I see it everyday and it's cheap! :)
DSCF1868.jpg

DSCF1870.jpg

Then we found a spot for Illuminations. It's been several years (I think since 2003) since we had seen Illuminations. Sorry, the pictures aren't great!
DSCF1878.jpg

DSCF1880.jpg

DSCF1889.jpg

DSCF1899.jpg

DSCF1902.jpg

DSCF1908.jpg

I was tearing up as I watched and reflected over the past 10 years and felt very lucky at that moment to be standing hand and hand with my wonderful husband. Then I looked up a Ben and he was tearing up too! It was truly a magical moment for me because I realized "he got it" in that moment. :wizard:

We slowly headed toward the front of the park and stopped to have some PP pictures taken.
Photo0083FourBySix.jpg

Photo0087FourBySix.jpg

Photo0089FourBySix.jpg

Then we headed to the car. It had been a wonderful day and a wonderful 10 year anniversary....I'd venture to say a perfect day! :cloud9:

I was tearing up as I watched and reflected over the past 10 years and felt very lucky at that moment to be standing hand and hand with my wonderful husband. Then I looked up a Ben and he was tearing up too! It was truly a magical moment for me because I realized "he got it" in that moment. :wizard:

It had been a wonderful day and a wonderful 10 year anniversary....I'd venture to say a perfect day! :cloud9:

This is so sweet! :love:

Glad you like the schoolbread. It is good, filling, and cheaper than many of the other desserts. :thumbsup2
I need to try a Napoleon this summer. A lot of people rave about that.

It sounds like it was the perfect day! :goodvibes

I wish my DH would have that moment where he "get's it", I fear that is never going to happen though......

This is so sweet! :love:

Glad you like the schoolbread. It is good, filling, and cheaper than many of the other desserts. :thumbsup2
I need to try a Napoleon this summer. A lot of people rave about that.

The schoolbread was wonderful! I have a list of yummy treats that I want to try! ;)

It sounds like it was the perfect day! :goodvibes

I wish my DH would have that moment where he "get's it", I fear that is never going to happen though......

I think I got lucky! I was the one who introduced Ben to WDW, our honeymoon was his first trip and he likes it every better with the kids because they both love it! He isn't obsessed with Disney, like I am, but he enjoys the trips. Although, he is starting to say, "we need to go some place different" and I keep responding with "we can do that when the kids are older." :laughing:

Love all your updates... :thumbsup2

Glad you made it to Le Cellier on time...

Mmmm, school bread... And that Ruben looks really good too!!!

Someday, when we visit Disney without kids, I want to take our time going thru the countries and see what each one has to offer... :rolleyes:

Friday, July 22, 2011

Today was a day to swim, start packing and relax. It was hard to believe our week together was about over! We had a wonderful time and everybody stayed happy for the most part.

Mimi wanted to take family pictures in front of the beach house for Christmas cards, so we did that after breakfast.

The whole gang
IMG_5497.jpg

The kids and grandkids
IMG_5500.jpg

Miranda, Chris, Cavin, and Danica
IMG_5502.jpg

Ben, Janell, Hannah, and Owen
IMG_5504.jpg

Mimi and Pawpaw
IMG_5507.jpg

After pictures Ben, Chris, and Pawpaw took the kids swimming while the ladies did all the packing. Which took way longer than I thought it would!

After swimming I came downstairs to this
IMG_2353.jpg

I thought it was so cute! They were worn out from the pool!

For dinner we were headed to The Boston Fish House
bostonfishhouseoutside.jpg

bostonfishhouseinside.jpg

DSCF1911.jpg

That was our last night together...in the morning we would be headed our separate ways.

Mimi and Pawpaw were head to a smaller condo on the beach for a week of peace and quiet!

Miranda, Chris, and the kids were headed home.

And we were headed to the most Magical Place on Earth! :)

Great family pictures for your Christmas cards! I LOVE your daughters red curls, I desperately wanted a little girl with red hair, but I got two blond boys instead :rolleyes: Of course, now I have no idea what I would do with a girl, guess God knew better than me :goodvibes

Excited to hear about the next part of your trip!

That was our last night together...in the morning we would be headed our separate ways.

Mimi and Pawpaw were head to a smaller condo on the beach for a week of peace and quiet!

Miranda, Chris, and the kids were headed home.

And we were headed to the most Magical Place on Earth! :)

I like where you guys are headed best! :cool1:

Great family pictures for your Christmas cards! I LOVE your daughters red curls, I desperately wanted a little girl with red hair, but I got two blond boys instead :rolleyes: Of course, now I have no idea what I would do with a girl, guess God knew better than me :goodvibes

Excited to hear about the next part of your trip!

Girls and boys are worlds apart at times! Owen thinks of things that Hannah never did!

Next part coming up soon! :)

I like where you guys are headed best! :cool1:

Me too! :wizard:

Saturday, July 23, 2011

We got up the next morning, got ready, and had a bite of breakfast. I believe we had to be out of the house by 10:00 am. So we said our good-byes and headed in 3 different directions.

We had about an hour drive. The original plan was to drive to the airport to turn the car in and ride Magical Express back to our resort. However, on the drive over I had the bright idea of driving straight to the resort and getting the room with the kids and Ben could take the car back and ride ME by himself....then we didn't have to mess with all the luggage!

Soon we arrived here
DSCF1912.jpg

We had requested a building close to the main pool without it being a preferred room, however that was not meant to be because one of the big "tour groups" was staying there. I could have waited for a room that was closer to the building we requested, but I opted for a room that was ready and got one that was FAR away from the main pool! (There was a quiet pool close by, but the kids were not interested in that! :laughing:) We were in Barbados building 16. The one good thing is we were close to the Barbados bus stop.
DSCF1915.jpg

The room was beautiful
DSCF1916.jpg

DSCF1917.jpg

We had a little friend waiting for us
DSCF1918.jpg

The mini fridge is inside here. We loved having a fridge, we brought water, Capri Sun's for the kids, and Mt. Dew for Ben. He hates that he can't get that on property!
DSCF1920.jpg

DSCF1921.jpg

We liked how the bathroom was set up, because someone could shower and get ready behind a closed door and not worry about waking up the rest of the room!
DSCF1922.jpg

DSCF1923.jpg

The picture on the wall made me want to take a cruise
DSCF1927.jpg

The view outside our door
DSCF1926.jpg

We got the suitcases carried into the room, then headed to get some lunch! We drove over since Ben would be leaving from there to take the car back and the kids and I would just walk back.
DSCF1928.jpg

We ate here
DSCF1931.jpg

I didn't take good notes on meals, so I don't remember what we had. I do know the kids loved that their meals came in little sand pails.

After we ate to took the kids out to see the pool area...needless to say they were in love! :love:
DSCF1932.jpg

DSCF1933.jpg

DSCF1934.jpg

DSCF1937.jpg

DSCF1938.jpg

Ben headed to the airport to take the car back and the kids and I headed back to the room for naps and to unpack. Needless to say the naps did not happen, they were too excited! (Who can blame them? I was like this too :yay:) They were ready to head to the pool right then! They were not happy when I said they had to wait until I got everything unpacked.
DSCF1941.jpg

Ben took the car back to the airport and was back in less time than I thought it would take! He said the people on ME were very nice, however there are no photos because it was him on the bus and not me! :upsidedow

So after unpacking (which in the kids eyes took hours) we were head to the main pool to swim and check out the slides. Right before we were walking out the door, Ben called and said he was at CBR, so we waited for him to change into his swimsuit (much to the kids dismay).

Soon we were on our way, I enjoyed taking pictures along the way.
DSCF1943.jpg

DSCF1944.jpg

DSCF1946.jpg

DSCF1947.jpg

DSCF1949.jpg

Some feathered friends
DSCF1950.jpg

I made the kids stop for a picture with the fountain, you can tell they were just ready to get into the pool!
DSCF1951.jpg

DSCF1954.jpg

Finally we are here!
DSCF1955.jpg

DSCF1958.jpg

DSCF1962.jpg

DSCF1963.jpg

After an hour or so of swimming, we were headed back to the room to get ready for Magic Kingdom!

On the walk back
DSCF1966.jpg

DSCF1967.jpg

DSCF1968.jpg

DSCF1969.jpg

DSCF1971.jpg

A duck family
DSCF1972.jpg

DSCF1976.jpg

DSCF1979.jpg

DSCF1980.jpg

DSCF1982.jpg

Even though we were far, far away from the main pool area, we enjoyed the walk. The grounds are just beautiful at CBR. It is so relaxing and peaceful!

After we changed clothes, we hopped aboard a bus headed to the Magic Kingdom!
DSCF1985.jpg

Soon we were walking in here
DSCF1986.jpg

Now Ben had been complaining that he needed a haircut and Owen needed a haircut, so our first stop was the Harmony Barber Shop! We were the last customers for the evening, so we had the place to ourselves!
DSCF1987.jpg

Owen wasn't too sure about this whole process. He had had his hair cut before, but always by a friend of the family who came to our house.
DSCF1989.jpg

Soon he was distracted by stickers and a light up R2-D2!
DSCF1992.jpg

DSCF1993.jpg

DSCF1994.jpg

Checking out his new do
DSCF1997.jpg

We had a great experience here and would do it again! They were very patient with Owen and Ben liked his haircut too!

When we walked out the parade was headed back "behind the wall" so we got to see a bit of it go by!
DSCF1998.jpg

DSCF2002.jpg

Mickey spotted the kids and waved to them!
DSCF2004.jpg

Goofy saw them too!
DSCF2005.jpg

So did Jessie
DSCF2011.jpg

DSCF2012.jpg

After the parade we headed down Main Street U.S.A. in the hopes of finding something for dinner. We decided to head to Pecos Bills.
On the way...I do like how this one turned out! I got lucky!
DSCF2014.jpg

DSCF2015.jpg

Dinner at Pecos Bills
DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2018.jpg

After our bellies were full, we were taking the kids to see something new!
DSCF2025.jpg

But first, we had to get some pressed pennies!
DSCF2019.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

The kids seemed to enjoy it! I don't think we had seen it since our honeymoon!
DSCF2023.jpg

We head toward Fantasyland to see what we could do there! Dumbo's wait was 15 minutes, so we hoped in line!
DSCF2032.jpg

Hannah had birthday money burning a hole in her pocket, so we did some shopping!
DSCF2037.jpg

Hannah got dusted with Pixie Dust
DSCF2039.jpg

And purchased a new stuffed friend (a Sleeping Beauty doll that you will see later).

We decided to stay for Wishes since it was almost time for it and this would be our only chance to see it. Now we had not planned for this so we didn't stake out a spot in time to have a good spot. So we got a snack and settled in down by the water in front of the Plaza. Not the best spot, but an ok spot!

Mickey Bars
DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2042.jpg

The castle from where we sat
DSCF2043.jpg

Checking out the MSEP
DSCF2047.jpg

DSCF2060.jpg

DSCF2058.jpg

Soon we were watching Wishes (sorry these are the best pictures I got)
DSCF2083.jpg

DSCF2086.jpg

DSCF2094.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2107.jpg

DSCF2114.jpg

DSCF2115.jpg

DSCF2117.jpg

DSCF2118.jpg

After Wishes we look over and see this
DSCF2129.jpg

Too much excitement and a long day, they were both out! Now you can see Hannah's new friend.

We took our time heading out of MK.
DSCF2130.jpg

They had a PP guy out by the castle, so Ben and I got our picture together without kids!
Photo0096FourBySix.jpg

We had a great first day and were headed to bed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter