Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN!

It looks beautiful!

I love Florida beaches! Sounds like a lot of fun, and very cool to see the turtle's nests!
Beach, pool, and family time sounds wonderful - so does having someone else to cook for you!

I haven't been to KSC since I was a kid either. We've thought about it a few times but have never made the time. Sitting in the Capt's Chair looks cool though!

Cute first day of school pics! Hannah looks excited!Glad she had a good first day! Its nice that she is able to go to the same school as you.

Hey Janell! Isn't it sad that now... KSC will truly be a museum? :sad2:

Glad you found us! It is sad! We still can't believe it! I'm hoping they we see the error of their ways and change things!

Very cool, my DH always wanted to go there! Looks like a lot of fun.

It did look fun and I know the boys had a great time!

looks like a grand house! it definitely looks biggere from the back than the front. I would have been done for the week if i saw those jellyfish!

The jellyfish were interesting. That was the only day we spent at the beach. The kids wanted to swim in the pool rather than the ocean!

It looks beautiful!

I love Florida beaches! Sounds like a lot of fun, and very cool to see the turtle's nests!
Beach, pool, and family time sounds wonderful - so does having someone else to cook for you!

I haven't been to KSC since I was a kid either. We've thought about it a few times but have never made the time. Sitting in the Capt's Chair looks cool though!

Cute first day of school pics! Hannah looks excited!Glad she had a good first day! Its nice that she is able to go to the same school as you.

Hannah is enjoying being at school with me. She is starting to make friends. It cracks me up because she is acting so shy and quiet...until she gets comfortable....then watch out!

So I had planned to do a real update tonight, but my kids had other plans. We had been home from school all of 10 minutes and I go to the bathroom. Only to hear shrieking and crying. Hannah runs in and says, "Owen's head is bleeding." :scared1: She was about hysterical! I was trying to get him cleaned up and calm her down at the same time to TRY to find out what had happened. Hannah looks very sheepish and says, "I pushed him and he fell and hit the toy." :headache: Well at least she was honest! I got the bleeding to stop, but just wasn't sure if he would need stitches or not. I called Ben and he was about 10 minutes from home, so I waited to get his opinion. We decided to go to the Med Check to get their opinion. They thought he needed staples. So Owen now has 2 staples in his head! Hannah was quite upset at the Med Check as he was getting the staples put in because she knew she caused his pain. He did great and is feeling better. I'm hoping for a relaxing and very UNEVENTFUL weekend! And maybe an update!

Have a great Friday and weekend! :flower3:

Hey Janell! So a friend of mine from high school is married to a robotic engineer who actually works for NASA.... she informed me that the space program is not at its end. It is my understanding manned flights will be haulted for a while but some of the robots that her husband has been working on will be test pilots for space or something like that. Not the same... but the program still exists... just the flying to space is minimal! :thumbsup2

Will be back to read... but school is just keeping me hopping..

I completely understand! We are having to get into a new routine here...one that includes homework every night! :headache:

Hey Janell! So a friend of mine from high school is married to a robotic engineer who actually works for NASA.... she informed me that the space program is not at its end. It is my understanding manned flights will be haulted for a while but some of the robots that her husband has been working on will be test pilots for space or something like that. Not the same... but the program still exists... just the flying to space is minimal! :thumbsup2

Glad to hear this! It the robotic pilots should be interesting!

While the boys went to KSC the girls and the kids spent the day looking...really eating and shopping around New Smyrna. We spent the morning just relaxing at the house while the kids played. Then head to Flip Flops for lunch.

flipflops-1.jpg

We got settled into our table and ordered. They had coloring pages for the kids, so that kept them busy!

Owen busy with his picture.
DSCF1589.jpg

Hannah and Mimi
DSCF1590.jpg

Miranda and Cavin...Danica was there too, I guess I didn't get her picture!
DSCF1592.jpg

Soon the food was here. All the kids had pizza and all the woman had the Ahi Tuna Tacos. The pizza was apparently pretty good because Hannah almost polished off the whole 8" pizza and she usually eats like a bird. The taco were wonderful and just a tad spicy...it was the sauce. Now I don't like spicy food, but this was good! Sorry no pictures! I didn't want to have to explain why I was taking pictures of the food! ;)

The kids and I enjoyed watching the fish and posing for pictures while Miranda got Danica changed and everyone used the bathroom.
DSCF1593.jpg

Mommy and Owen on the bench
DSCF1595-1.jpg

DSCF1594.jpg

DSCF1596.jpg

DSCF1598.jpg

After lunch we went shopping...we found this cute little kids boutique. The clothes were adorable but very pricey! I let the kids get their pictures taken with the things they liked! Hannah had her own money, but wasn't ready to spend it yet because she was saving it for Disney.
DSCF1600.jpg

Owen with a giant sized Doggie...he has a small one that Hannah gave him when he was just home from the hospital that is his lovey. And had we had the space for this it probably would have come home with us because it was 60% off the retail price. We just weren't sure it would fit in the suitcase! :lmao:
DSCF1599.jpg

Next we headed to a women's boutique that sold Vera Bradley. Pam (Mimi) told Miranda and I we could pick out a purse and she would buy it for us. I knew I would want a new one for fall, so I picked out the Plum Petals Quick Draw. I like the styles that can cross body so I have both hands free with 2 kids.
veraplumpetals.jpg

After a few more store the kids were done shopping because there wasn't much for them to look at so we headed back to the house and went swimming. I don't have any pictures of this swimming session since I was the only parent with 2 kids in the pool, I figured I needed to keep my eyes on the 2 kids!

After a little swimming we got out and got dressed. It was really too late for a nap a this point, so we started Toy Story 3 DVD and I soon saw this on the couch:
DSCF1605.jpg

I think the day had caught up with them.

After about a 30-40 minute nap it was time to head out to dinner. We were meeting Ben and Chris at PJ's Sea Shack.
pjseashack-1.jpg

DSCF1608.jpg

Hannah had the fried shrimp and ate every bit of it!
DSCF1606.jpg

Owen had a hot dog.
DSCF1607.jpg

Ben and I both had crab legs, but I didn't take any pictures of the food again!

After dinner we headed back to the house to relax and head to bed. We had an early day the next day. We were introducing Chris and Cavin to the Magic Kingdom! :woohoo: Miranda had been there before, but Chris and Cavin had not and I wanted the day to be perfect! :wizard:

You have a good mix of things going on - relaxing, shopping, swimming, eating. It all sounds great!

I have heard so many people talk about fish tacos, but I have not been brave enough to try one yet. I am going to, though. I'm not much of a fish person, but what I have heard about these intrigues me a bit. :goodvibes

Sorry about the doctor visit for staples. With two boys, I frequented doctors' offices and hospitals.
Stitches, staples, broken bones - boys are a lot of fun. ;)

Sorry to hear about the staples incident! hope school is going well so far.
your meals sound very good! i love fresh seafood. i can't wait to hear about the first time's reaction to MK:goodvibes

Great update! Looks like a fun day!

It was a fun day!

You have a good mix of things going on - relaxing, shopping, swimming, eating. It all sounds great!

I have heard so many people talk about fish tacos, but I have not been brave enough to try one yet. I am going to, though. I'm not much of a fish person, but what I have heard about these intrigues me a bit. :goodvibes

Sorry about the doctor visit for staples. With two boys, I frequented doctors' offices and hospitals.
Stitches, staples, broken bones - boys are a lot of fun. ;)

We had a great time together. Fish tacos are yummy! I'm sure this is just the beginning of my visits to the ER! Owen has already had 2 semi-serious head injuries....neither one his fault! So he has now had stitches and staples!

Sorry to hear about the staples incident! hope school is going well so far.
your meals sound very good! i love fresh seafood. i can't wait to hear about the first time's reaction to MK:goodvibes

School is going pretty good. I keep getting new students every week so I don't feel like we are getting settled yet, hopefully soon!

Whew! Getting back into the school routine has been hard. I don't have much computer time during the week, so it all falls to the weekend. I planned to update last weekend, but it didn't happen. Hannah started dance this week. She is with new teachers because her last dance teacher retired. :sad1: We were sad to see Miss Debbie retire because she was wonderful, but I took from Miss Debbie until I graduated from HS, so she had been teaching dance for a long time and was ready to retire.

Back to the TR:
I should note that we had two cameras going and I will try my best not to get too mixed up! :laughing:

Tuesday, July 19, 2011
We got up early and ate breakfast at the house and headed to Orlando. We were about 1.5 hours away and I really was hoping to make rope drop.

I was excited to see this! But knew we were not making rope drop since it was happening as we drove under this sign. Oh well!
DSCF1609.jpg

Where we parked:
DSCF1611.jpg

I heard stories of people not being able to find their cars.....you know who you are. :laughing: So I thought the picture would be helpful!

On the tram...the excitement is building...
DSCF1612.jpg

DSCF1613.jpg

But we had to stop and buy tickets...I really prefer to be a resort guest and not a day guest...just saying!
IMG_5383.jpg

We had our tickets in hand and Chris choose the Monorail for us to ride because he had never been on one. (Remember this was Chris and Cavin's first trip to MK.) It was packed to the gills, but they enjoyed the ride.

Soon we saw this:
IMG_5386.jpg

DSCF1614.jpg

I had a huge smile on my face and was ready to get the memory making started!

We got thought the turnstiles and made a potty stop before making the journey down Main Street U.S.A.
IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5392.jpg

DSCF1615.jpg

IMG_5393.jpg

I finally got to see the beautiful castle after 2 very long years and I felt like I was home. Sigh!
IMG_5394.jpg

We stopped to get some Photopass pictures taken. We had prepurchased the CD and knew we wanted to take lots of pictures.
The Flesher Family
Photo0001FourBySix.jpg

The Bentley Family
Photo0033FourBySix.jpg

Hannah sees Tinkerbell
Photo0024FourBySix.jpg

I love her face! :wizard:

Cavin wanted to see Tinkerbell too!
Photo0052FourBySix.jpg

After our pictures were taken we headed toward Fantasyland where we saw this:
IMG_5397.jpg

I can't wait for the Fantasyland expansion to open. I love Beauty and the Beast and Hannah loves Ariel.

Any guesses on what our first ride will be???

I'm right there with you on the school stuff, and it's really getting even harder to get DIS time on weekends, too. :sad1:

Being a resort guest is nice. ::yes::

It is such an incredible feeling to finally be there again. It's a little surreal at first. It does bring the smiles, doesn't it?

Fantasyland is going to be so big when everything is open! We love Belle and Ariel, also, and the new mine train roller coaster will be fun, too! :banana:

Since you didn't make rope drop, I'm not going to guess Dumbo or Peter Pan because of long lines, so if you stayed in Fantasyland, I'll go with Winnie the Pooh or Small World.

I just gasped out loud at the sight of the Beast's castle! I LOVE Beauty and the Beast! I can't wait to see the expansion happening!!
Great update, I totally lived through your pictures at the first sight of Cinderella castle!

i love the tink magic shots!
I'm going to guess the teacups- i'm going to guess dumbo already has al onger line.

I promise I haven't forgotten about you all! Live has just been really busy lately! We enjoyed the day at the pumpkin patch and had beautiful weather. And my most exciting news....Owen is now wearing underwear! :cool1: That was a long time coming! I'm hoping to do a real update tomorrow....hopefully! :)

Hi, I just found your PTR and TR have enjoyed reading it so far, I still have to go back and finish. But, I just realized we live in the same town (by your hubbys work I guesses). So hi neighboor. :thumbsup2

Hi, I just found your PTR and TR have enjoyed reading it so far, I still have to go back and finish. But, I just realized we live in the same town (by your hubbys work I guesses). So hi neighboor. :thumbsup2

:welcome: Glad to have you along! I must admit, I'm WAAAAAY behind getting this updated. School and daily life have been very busy. Hoping to get an update soon!

Sorry to leave you standing in Fantsyland for so long....so where do you think we were headed....

If you said Winnie the Pooh, you were correct! The line was short and the kids loved the new additions.

IMG_5398.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

Love this one!
DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1619.jpg

IMG_5401.jpg

DSCF1620.jpg

DSCF1622.jpg

DSCF1625.jpg

DSCF1626.jpg

All 3 kids enjoyed playing with this...
DSCF1629.jpg

DSCF1632.jpg

IMG_5403.jpg

IMG_5404.jpg

DSCF1631.jpg

Ben's glad the kids are having fun!
DSCF1633.jpg

The Honey wall is really cool...I admit, I had fun playing too!
DSCF1635.jpg

DSCF1636.jpg

DSCF1637.jpg

DSCF1638.jpg

IMG_5406.jpg

We made it and were enjoying the ride...Ben and I tried to get some good pictures...these were the best we got!
IMG_5409.jpg

IMG_5411.jpg

We were riding along when all of a sudden the ride stops and the lights come one. I figured it would be a short stop....not really, we sat and sat, and I heard 100 questions from Hannah as to why we weren't moving. I told her just to look around and enjoy the sights because I didn't know why we were stopped. We did get to see some of the tricks which was neat!
IMG_5413.jpg

IMG_5416.jpg

I'm on a roll so I'm going to continue....

After Pooh we walked over the the Tea Cups...one of Hannah's favorites. Ben however, does NOT spin, so Mommy got to ride. Luckily, it was a walk on and soon we were spinning ourselves silly.

DSCF1639.jpg

DSCF1640.jpg

DSCF1641.jpg

IMG_5417.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

Hannah loved it, Owen said it was liked it, and for the first time in my life I was dizzy coming off the tea cups....I guess my age is starting to catch up with me.

Stopping here because I need to load more pictures into photobucket....next up....a first for us all. Vroom, vroom!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter