Surf, Sun, and Big Family FUN!

IMG_5417.jpg

Look at you guys having so much fun! :dance3:

In October, I tried to very quickly write DIS on the honey wall for a picture for the report, but it faded away before I could snap. I think they need to make the honey a little thicker for picture purposes. ;)

After a couple month hiatus I'm back! My New Year's goal it to have this TR done by the end of 2012! :laughing: Gives me almost 12 months right?!?! :laughing:

We had just finished riding the Tea cups and decided to head toward Tomorrowland as Cavin wanted to ride Buzz and the race cars. The Speedway had a short wait and so we jumped in line. This was a first for our family, we had never been on it before.

IMG_5428.jpg

IMG_5429.jpg

IMG_5430.jpg

IMG_5432.jpg

Getting into our cars....Hannah and Cavin were quite excited to drive for the first time. Owen was too short yet, and so I drove....yeah, not meant for people with long legs to drive!
DSCF1644.jpg

IMG_5433.jpg

DSCF1645.jpg

DSCF1646.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

Next we headed over to Buzz which was shockingly almost a walk-on!
DSCF1647.jpg

DSCF1648.jpg

IMG_5437.jpg

IMG_5440.jpg

IMG_5443.jpg

Ben and Owen rode together and I rode with Hannah. Hannah spent more time looking around then playing so she only scored about 300 point! :laughing: I think I scored around 7500, not great but I'm not video game skilled!
DSCF1651.jpg

Next up was lunch, the kids were all hungry and the adults could eat so we headed to Comic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Both kids had the chicken nuggets with grapes and Ben had the ribs and I had the rotisserie chicken with wonderful mashed potatoes and green beans. (Sorry, no food pictures...Ben was too embarrassed to let me do it with others around!) The meal was very good and we would eat there again in a heartbeat! The kids enjoyed watching Sonny Eclipse while we ate.
DSCF1652.jpg

While we ate, we came up with a game plan of what all they wanted to see still and figured out what we could do based on the time we had left! (Remember they didn't want to plan anything ahead of time! :headache: Although I still had a basic plan in mind!)

Does anyone know how to make the pictures bigger in photobucket? When I go to size options, I can make them smaller, but not bigger???

We headed to Adventureland to ride on the Jungle Cruise.
DSCF1654.jpg

DSCF1655.jpg

DSCF1657.jpg

Notice anything? How about a different view...

DSCF1658.jpg

Hannah was convinced this spider was real! :rotfl:
DSCF1660.jpg

DSCF1662.jpg

We had Skipper Kyle, he did a great job!
DSCF1663.jpg

DSCF1667.jpg

Ben and Owen enjoying the boat ride!
DSCF1673.jpg

IMG_5454.jpg

IMG_5455.jpg

IMG_5458.jpg

IMG_5460.jpg

IMG_5461.jpg

Next we headed toward Pirates of the Caribbean.
IMG_5462.jpg

The kids enjoyed seeing Skull Rock.
DSCF1680.jpg

DSCF1678.jpg

We had a 20-30 minute wait for Pirates and while we waited in line Hannah asked, "Mom, why don't pirates dust?" She was so serious, but we were cracking up! Owen wasn't too sure about it while we waited in line, but he ended up enjoying the ride and Cavin LOVED it!

Capt. Ben??? pirate: Not quite the same! :laughing:
DSCF1683.jpg

Arrrgh!
DSCF1684.jpg

Now there's a pirate! pirate: :rotfl2:

Next up....it's time for a break! Where do we head???

After Pirates we got FP's for Splash Mt. and took a ride over to Tom Sawyer's Island to take a break. We were hot and tired! Owen didn't want to go at first until he saw us going across the river on the raft, then he wanted to go too! So he and Ben soon joined us.
IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5467.jpg

IMG_5473.jpg

We enjoyed sitting and taking a water break at Auntie Polly's and had a wonderful view of the Haunted Mansion.
IMG_5469.jpg

After our break we split up - most of us went to ride the Haunted Mansion. Hannah has a love/hate relationship with the HM. She loves the idea of it, but it scares her. However, she wasn't going to let her younger cousin go and admit she was scared. She did great once we were in there and enjoyed the ride!
DSCF1685.jpg

DSCF1686.jpg

DSCF1687.jpg

Owen didn't want to ride so Ben was going to take him on a riverboat ride, but he fell asleep instead! So they grabbed a table and waited on us.
DSCF1688.jpg

What a tired boy!
IMG_2315.jpg

After our ride, we met up with Ben and decided it was time for dinner. We were hot, tired, and had a bit more time before we could use the FP's. So we introduced Miranda and Chris to the yummy Turkey Leg. We love these things! Each family got one and shared it! YUM!

After dinner, it was time to head to Splash Mountain. Owen was too small to ride, so I waited with him. We checked out the Briar Patch Shop. Owen found a little Monorail pull back toy he wanted, but it was interesting because he wanted 2 to complete the Monorail train. They had a fun ride! Sorry, no pictures!

Next it was time to move around to Fantasyland to ride It's a Small World.
DSCF1689.jpg

IMG_5474.jpg

IMG_5475.jpg

We walked around the castle and got a few pictures.
DSCF1690.jpg

IMG_5478.jpg

Cavin had fallen asleep at this point and they were ready to head back to the house.
So we walked up Main Street together. We had promised Owen a train ride so we were going to do that before we headed out.
IMG_5480.jpg

IMG_5479.jpg

We rode all the way around the park. He was a happy boy!!

Ben enjoyed seeing the signs of things to come.
DSCF1691.jpg

IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5482.jpg

After our train ride we headed out because we still had a bit of a drive and we were hot and tired. We had a fun day and couldn't wait to be back!

Next up...a relaxing day with no plans!

We had planned for each couple to have a "date day." Ben and I knew we wanted to spend our anniversary in Epcot by ourselves, and we knew Miranda and Chris would enjoy a day to themselves as well. They spent the day at Universal's Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Sorry, I don't have pictures since I wasn't with them.

The rest of us slept in and took it easy that day. Pam and I went to Walmart to pick up a few things while Ken and Ben took the kids to the park just down from the house. When we got back it was lunch time. We decided to eat lunch at Blackbeard's Inn.
IMG_2316.jpg

IMG_2320.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

I had the scallops and Manhattan Fish Chowder and Ben had a fish sandwich. The meal was very good and reasonably priced.

Ben, Hannah, and Pam
DSCF1693.jpg

Cavin and Owen
DSCF1692.jpg

After lunch we got this cute picture of the 4 grandkids.
DSCF1695.jpg

After lunch we took the kids back to the house and got everyone laid down for naps.

Then Ben and I headed out to see the Sugar Mill Ruins. I had read about them and wanted to see a bit of history. It was a neat place tucked in off the road a bit of a challenge to find.
DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1700.jpg

DSCF1701.jpg

DSCF1702.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

DSCF1709.jpg

DSCF1711.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

After visiting the Sugar Mill Ruins, we drove around New Smyrna to take in the sights and looked around some shops.
DSCF1717.jpg

We headed back to the house after that because we knew the kids would be up soon. Ben and I went swimming and soon the kids joined us. We stayed at the house and grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for dinner.

We had some visitors on the deck.
IMG_5483.jpg

IMG_5485.jpg

We headed to bed after an after dinner swim because tomorrow we were leaving early in the morning for Epcot.

Such a fun day in Magic Kingdom! Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

I bet Hannah and Cavin felt like real big shots driving those cars. Brooklynn loves that she is big enough to do that. That would be a fun backyard toy. ::yes::

A day for just you and Ben in Epcot sounds lovely. :thumbsup2 I'd choose that over Harry Potter land any day. ;)

Do I have any readers left? If you are interested, I will pick up where we left off many moons ago and continue on?

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - Our 10 year anniversary

Ben and I got up early and headed to Epcot. My goal was to make it for rope drop and we did! :yay:
DSCF1719.jpg

DSCF1720.jpg

We enjoyed a little opening entertainment.

DSCF1722.jpg

DSCF1723.jpg

Through the gates and headed toward...
DSCF1724.jpg

We made it to another place to wait! :laughing:
DSCF1728.jpg

But we did get to see the opening and do the countdown
DSCF1730.jpg

DSCF1732.jpg

We were headed to
DSCF1734.jpg

Our luck was good because we got front row center with very little wait! Sorry no pictures, this was Ben's first ride and I just wanted to enjoy it with him!

With Soarin' under our belt we were headed to try Mission: Space since we were without kids, and we had never been on it!

On the walk over.
DSCF1735.jpg

DSCF1736.jpg

DSCF1737.jpg

Ben doesn't spin, so we knew we would be trying the green side. I thought it was neat, but the daredevil in me would like to try the orange side sometime. Maybe when Hannah is big enough..... :rolleyes1

Next we head to
DSCF1825.jpg

The stand by line said 20 minutes, so we knew we could ride before lunch and still make it to our lunch ADR. It took at least twice as long, if not more because the ride stopped several times! Ugh!

DSCF1739.jpg

DSCF1740.jpg

We were watching the clock and were entering the preshow area as our ADR time was about 10 minutes away. We decided we had waited this long, might as well ride and hope we made the ADR.
DSCF1741.jpg

Photo0071FourBySix.jpg

We got off Test Track at our ADR time at Le Cellier! We quickly walked though to make it.....

DSCF1742.jpg

DSCF1743.jpg

But did we make it in time??? You will have to wait to find out! ;)

Hey Janell, thanks for posting this link on FB! Sounds like you guys are having a great trip so far. I would love to rent a big beach house with the whole family some time, so many great memories to be made there!

I hope you were able to get in for your Le Cellier ADR :scared:

Hey Janell, thanks for posting this link on FB! Sounds like you guys are having a great trip so far. I would love to rent a big beach house with the whole family some time, so many great memories to be made there!

I hope you were able to get in for your Le Cellier ADR :scared:

Glad you found us! We had a wonderful trip over all! Just wish we were headed back this summer! :beach: The kids keep asking when we are leaving for Disney World. It was really hard to tell them, "we aren't going this summer."

As far as making it to Le Cellier....you will soon find out!

We made it to Le Cellier a few minutes late...but we made it!

DSCF1744.jpg

Walk back to Le Cellier
DSCF1745.jpg

We checked in and had to wait for a few minutes, but we didn't care, they were letting us eat! Soon we were headed back to a small table for 2. Perfect place to celebrate an anniversary! :love:

DSCF1746.jpg

DSCF1747.jpg

We both had the wonderful cheddar cheese soup for an appetizer.
DSCF1748.jpg

For lunch I had the Wild Mushroom Filet Mignon....it was delicious!!!
DSCF1751.jpg

Ben had the Skillet (which I don't see on the menu anymore)
DSCF1749.jpg

And for dessert we slip the Chocolate Mousse....Ben was surprised when it came out!
DSCF1752.jpg

We enjoyed our lunch at Le Cellier and were glad to have a peaceful and quiet meal on our anniversary! :cloud9:

After lunch we explored Canada, as we had never been up there before!?! I don't know why, but we hadn't! It was beautiful!
DSCF1753.jpg

DSCF1754.jpg

DSCF1755.jpg

DSCF1758.jpg

DSCF1759.jpg

We enjoyed looking in the shops and found these:
DSCF1760.jpg

It says, "Poor Me More Wine"
DSCF1764.jpg

More exploring while we waited to see O' Canada
DSCF1766.jpg

DSCF1767.jpg

DSCF1768.jpg

DSCF1769.jpg

DSCF1763.jpg

We enjoyed seeing O' Canada, since we had never seen it! Plus it reminded Ben of his trip there when he was in college.

Next up....more world showcase!

Next we walked though Jolly ole' England
DSCF1762.jpg

Sorry it's a bit blurry

DSCF1761.jpg

DSCF1770.jpg

DSCF1773.jpg

Next we headed across this bridge
DSCF1774.jpg

but we stopped for some Photopass pictures
Photo0075FourBySix.jpg

And my very favorite of all...I have it sitting on my desk at school!
Photo0078FourBySix.jpg

DSCF1775.jpg

DSCF1776.jpg

DSCF1777.jpg

We stopped in France to watch Impressions de France. We had seen it but it was a nice cool place to rest!
DSCF1778.jpg

DSCF1779.jpg

After a lovely rest in the air conditioning we head on to Morocco.
DSCF1781.jpg

DSCF1782.jpg

DSCF1784.jpg

And after a little of begging and pleading on my part, Ben put on the hat and let me take his picture! I think he just wanted to make me happy! :)
DSCF1783.jpg

Next up: A new treat was tried!

Yay, you made it! Test Track almost cost me a Le Cellier ADR once too. It broke down while we were on the ride and we had to sit there in the car for half an hour until they got it going again :sad2:

Isn't the Canada pavilion gorgeous? It's my favorite :love:

Great picture of you both!

A lot of people don't even realize that part of Canada is back there.

Glad you got some grown-up time to see and do things without focusing on the kids. We always arrange for Jill and John to go and have a dinner and maybe go to DTD or just off to ride some grown-up rides while I stay back at the resort with the girls. I am happy to have the girls :woohoo:, and they are happy not to :woohoo:, so it works out well. :laughing:

Yay, you made it! Test Track almost cost me a Le Cellier ADR once too. It broke down while we were on the ride and we had to sit there in the car for half an hour until they got it going again :sad2:

Isn't the Canada pavilion gorgeous? It's my favorite :love:

Yes, we were thrilled we made it! And to sit on TT for half an hour! :scared1:
Great picture of you both!

A lot of people don't even realize that part of Canada is back there.

Glad you got some grown-up time to see and do things without focusing on the kids. We always arrange for Jill and John to go and have a dinner and maybe go to DTD or just off to ride some grown-up rides while I stay back at the resort with the girls. I am happy to have the girls :woohoo:, and they are happy not to :woohoo:, so it works out well. :laughing:

Thanks! It was nice to have grown up time! Love the kids tons, but a day without them was wonderful! And I could really use one of those days right about now! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter