Sunburn, not windburn : WDW and Universal in September

Oh, that's cool to hear about PPH. It makes sense, from what I hear about DCA nowadays, etc etc.

It's hard to give up FREE nights! But yeah, I bet you could find a good day to be at PPH, a MM day perhaps...

I know that my regulars won't care, but just in case there are lurkers who will wonder about the next part, let me explain that it was totally allowed. :)

We'd checked out of OKW that day. As I'm sure we all know, when you check out of a Disney hotel, you can still use that hotel's facilities all day long. And if you're a DVC member staying on points, as well as their guests who were on the reservation, you can still legally pool-hop.

Therefore, with this in mind, we all went to the Boardwalk pool. The Scary Clown face pool, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I'm sure you can find images online that make that pool slide (you slide out of the clown's mouth, ugh) look terrifying. I know that I barely wanted to go near it! Until I saw it, that is.

Even though our room was really inconvenient from the lobby, it was a hop, skip, and a jump from the pool area. We went outside, and I saw that the bar was themed as though it were an old-fashioned carousel. Very cool. It's called:

IMG_4619.jpg

Now, all I planned to do was sunbathe and have some of those libations, since the lovebug infestation level was low there. But when I saw the area and felt the energy from the people just flat out having FUN there, I changed my mind!

I don't have a lot of pictures; I was too busy playing. But I did take some shots showing the ominous clouds...

IMG_4620.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

If I ever join a band, it will be named Ominous Clouds, by the way. :)

The pool gets deep enough for fun, but it has shallower parts, too. The tile-work on the edges of the pool is pretty.

OK, now refer back to the picture just above. See that round sort of section of white construction (kind of looks like scaffolding)? It's the swirly part of the pool slide. The stairs are of the same white boards, and you start off WAY high up, and then you just go around and around and around and SHOOT out into the pool. I took ONE look at that time, abandoned my stuff, and headed on over.

No one expected that, LOL. I never did go down the OKW main pool slide, and I went down the Coronado Springs' pool slide exactly once. But this one, wow!

At the top, there's a light system. You wait for the light to turn green, and then you can go. As you go on down, you're going around and around, then suddenly you go turn the OTHER way, and it feels like you're going to go flying out of the slide! Then you are at the end, and out you go!

It's exhilarating. I went on a few times. In a row.

The adults sort of swapped back and forth hanging out with the kids that had no interest in the slide (not Eamon, that's for sure!) vs going on the slide. It was pretty fun. :goodvibes

At one point, I was chatting with my cousin+hubby, while Robert and Eamon went on the slide repeatedly. I don't know what started it, but we were talking about the clown's face, and how it wasn't as big as pictures made it look. I mentioned that even Disney's *advertising* pictures for this slide made it look scary, which seems to be the opposite of what they should be doing, LOL. But it's nothing like that. It seemed relatively small, and safe.

So we're just staring at the clown face, and I guess we were tired or sunbaked or whatever, because it started to look like the clown was making different expressions. We know he wasn't, but that's how it felt at the moment.

Oh look, I'm a benign, happy clown. Oh wait, that's my *tongue* you're sliding down, on your rear, and suddenly the clown's face looked disgusted. Cousin's hubby made the nasty suggestion that the slide should be brown (sorry 'bout that). Then the clown looked perturbed, like "why are you mocking me, humans? I let you slide several times in a row, why are you going to be like that?". Aw man, if we HAD had some libations it could not have been a funnier moment (I know it's not translating, but I also know you'll trust me on this). Good times, good times....

Finally we were all about ready to go. We went back to our studio and everyone took turns in the suddenly-too-small bathroom, changing. Once dry and changed, we headed out for dinner.

I have seen pictures of that clown slide and yeah it does appear menacing. I think that it could have gotten real fun if you had been imbibing in libations.:rotfl:

Oh and my first thought when I saw those clouds was that they looked rather scary.

Oh if only there had been libations!

I highly recommend the hotel and the pool. If you ever get out there, look into it.

One of the things I've found myself missing the most from the trip is the constant cloud-watching! It's so interesting to watch these frightening things build and move and get closer. Here in western WA we have beautiful clouds, but they are either white and fluffy, or grey and actively raining (sometimes not)...there's no big scary looming things throwing lightning at you (or very rarely). It's boring here, it turns out. :)

You're right about that. This year has been odd with the thunderstorms and such so we have had those clouds. There is something to be said for them. Today I was marveling at how pretty the fog over the hill was. It looked like a blanket.

Wow, fun weather for you!

the 17th, continued (and maybe even finished up).

For dinner we went out onto the Boardwalk. Finding food was always a tricky thing, as there were so many ideas of good food as well as good prices. We finally chose Big River Grille. We waited a bit for our names to be called, and at last we were inside.

It was...NOT what I had imagined. To me, a brewpub has dark wood, booths, it's noisy but muted. This place reminded me that to others, a brewpub is a very sterile, simple place, meant for brewing beer, not making people comfy. I went to one like that in Albany NY once, so maybe it's an east coast thing?

It's stark and LOUD and really really loud, and they put us (with 3 kids) at a high table with tall chairs, and it was super-duper loud. My cousin and I were somewhat aghast, and if either one of us had pushed for it, we would have told the family that we were going elsewhere. The interior of the place was THAT bad. To us.

There were many other people, all right behind us at the bar, who seemed to really enjoy the place. Didn't mind all the games being played at high volume on the TVs, didn't mind that everyone had to yell to be heard, which caused others to yell louder, which then made people yell even louder... They seemed to be just fine with this. So, what I'm saying is...your mileage may vary on how much you like or dislike this place.

Alas, neither of us pushed hard enough, and we stayed. Dangit.

The *food*, itself, was decent. Robert decided to go crazy and just order things he wanted, instead of things that were actually listed for sale on the menu, LOL. Which means he asked for an order of mashed potatoes, which were listed as a side dish for something else, but NOT as a side on its own. Crazy man. :) He also ordered a "greenhouse salad", with blue cheese.

Eamon got the mac and cheese, which was such a surprise I nearly fell off my....oh wait no, not a surprise at all.

I got a quesadilla and a seasonal beer.

Cousin's hubby, who is blonde (this is important in a bit), was sitting across from me. I was asking the server about vegetarian things, and we worked out the very very few things that they had that could be made veggie. Shortly after that, cousin's hubby ordered nachos "for the table", and he was being kind by asking for no chicken. I reminded him that he could get it on the side, so he did. After this, the server thought that he and I were together, and that Eamon was ours (and maybe my girl cousin, as she has light hair). Which then left my cousin, who is part Irish mutt and part Mexican-Indian (Native Mexican not having the same obvious understanding as Native American...and only Canada uses the beautiful First Nation phrase), and has dark hair and darker skin and deep deep chocolate eyes, to be *obviously* paired with DH, who was sitting at the opposite end as my cousin, and their child was obviously cousin-E, who has black hair.

It didn't take her *too* long to get it straight, but it took too long. If that makes sense? She let it affect her for too long once it had been explained that no, the blonde man across from me was not ordering FOR me, nor were our orders together.

Cousin and I mentioned, once the groupings were worked out, that each of us has a Tables in Wonderland card, and the server was OK with that.

Other food was ordered. Cousin ordered the Greenhouse Salad, with ranch.

The nachos were *quite* good. My quesadilla was as well. E's mac and cheese was good, and although I didn't like the taste I had of them, Robert liked his mashed potatoes.

The PROBLEM was that they had something like 3 servers giving food to us. Ridiculous. There were only 7 of us. And it's not like they surrounded us and plunked the food down all at once, which would have been impressive and worth the peoplepower. And what it caused was that Robert got cousin's salad and she got his. Which no one noticed, because both dressings were white. And it only was really realized after both of them, independent from each other, asked the server to bring them an "extra" side of their preferred dressing. I was the one who finally caught on, because I was in the middle and sometimes have a knack at putting 2 and 2 together, LOL.

You would think they could have just swapped salads! But no, because my cousin had put some of the nacho chicken on her salad and mixed it all in. Dagnabit. While Robert liked his ranch/blue cheese mixture, my cousin wasn't so enamoured of her blue cheese/ranch mixture, and dinner was unpleasant for her.

Shouldn't have been unpleasant, especially once the server was notified of the problem...but the server NEVER, not once, offered to bring her a new, correct, salad. And it wasn't asked for because no one knew if the server would also put some chicken on it. Now...if DH had been involved in this, the server *would have* brought a new one to her, and oh you can bet your bippy they would have put nacho chicken on it! But DH was not involved, he was hangin' at the end of the table with Eamon and Cousin-E, both of whom were just snarfing down their food like no tomorrow, and he was enjoying his potatoes and dressing-mixup salad.

The cousin-kids got some sort of chocolate moussey cake, and E, on his own, ordered the fruit cup (oh I adore him). Little-cousin just devoured her cake, and when the server came by she said "excuse me, can I please have more of this cake?" like it was a soda that got refills. It was SO cute.

The bills came, cousin and I popped our TIW cards and cards into the slot, and she took them away. Mine went totally fine. But cousin's came back with server saying "we don't take the AP discount, so sorry". A ha, but they don't HAVE APs! What happened last December was...the CM didn't print her TIW card on the TIW stock, and instead printed it on AP/ticket stock. And this hasn't been a problem *at all* until September 17th. After a lousy meal (for my cousin). Aw drat. We set the server straight, and hopefully she'll remember that she needs to take the huge amount of energy to, you know, LOOK at the printed part of the card, not just the picture part of the card...

There was talk of not leaving the auto-gratuity, and around the same time I decided I needed to get out of the stuffy place. Whew, fresh air without everyone yelling about football games! Sweet relief.

Eventually everyone else came out, and it was getting late. Cousins wanted to show us their room at the Dolphin, and I was the only one interested in it, so I followed them while R&E went off to watch a movie in the room.

Ooh their room was niiiiiiiice. The Swan and the Dolphin are Starwood resorts, and have Heavenly Beds. And their room was massive. Their nearby "view" was a staff entrance with staff trucks and whatnot. But, it turned out, once it was MK's Wishes time, they could SEE it, waaaaaaay off in the distance, just *perfectly*. I didn't stay for that, and in fact made my cousin NOT walk me downstairs so that she could see it with her immediate family! I hadn't yet seen Wishes apart from Hallowishes, and I wanted to wait until our MK night with *my* immediate family. :love:

I went on back, and it sounded like my guys were doing fine, so I stopped to get treats for the next day. Cookie and something for them, big ol' nasty cupcake, that I knew I would hate but *had to* get for me, then I got an iced latte, and I was happy. Went back to the room, E was asleep, Robert wasn't hungry, I ate the cupcake, disliked it, but ate it all anyway, it was all good.

E slept in the pullout couch and Robert and I shared our first queen-sized bed in AGES, and apart from that CPAP (actually, Variable = VPAP) facemask losing suction every few hours and making scary noises, it was otherwise very quiet in the room (no snoring!), and we all got lots of sleep. Yay.

It was a very very up and down day, that's for sure!

Molly, I'm exhausted just reading about your dinner and changing rooms. I can hear the din of the restaurant and I would have been overwhelmed. :scared1:

The pool pictures looked really nice and the room looked nice too. I would like it, for sure.

September 18th!

My aunt was coming back with the van, family was over at the Dolphin, and I was so so so SAD to be leaving the Boardwalk! That's when I took most of the pictures, and especially the patio ones, because I just wanted to be sitting there with a libation. And I wanted to swim again. Dangit!

We slowly packed back up.

Ah, something i haven't yet mentioned...while we were in the 2 bedroom, Robert brought a router so I didn't have to be wired to a wall on my computer. He kinda thought that family would be bringing a laptop as well, but it turns out they have an ipad and liked using the wifi through the router on that.

Alas, something like 2 days into it, my computer went insane. I mean...got weird and strange and it was BAD. I thought for sure my computer was dead. And it is amazing how SAD it is when a computer dies!

Now at the same time, the router died. Robert got another half day from my computer by taking away the router and plugging the computer into the wall, but then it stopped again, was just the white spinny screen, never booting up. Oh so sad. (note: I'm typing on that same computer, so don't be so sad! be mystifed, but not sad)

To ME, the router AND computer going kablooie at the same time cannot possibly be a coincidence. Robert...hasn't had the time to really think about it. When I add in the concept of the cousins' ipad, which we have no control over and don't know what virii are on it, being somehow linked into our stuff via the router, it just gets weirder to me.

Well Robert needed the wireless for his upcoming work trip, so we had to take a trip to Best Buy very soon.

We were all being very flexible about what to do that day, and when family was going home (they had obviously decided to play hooky from church), and that was fine, but we did have things to do! And one of the things discussed was swimming...but I'm a little bit of a stickler with that. NO, no one asked to see proof that we were allowed at the Boardwalk; but when you HAVE proof that you're allowed, that's one thing. Not having proof because half the group is NOT allowed to come in that day? That's too much for me. So I was avoiding the swimming convo at all.

Finally we decided we needed to check out and we wanted to check in to OKW. And it's possible that Robert wanted to check in as our immediate family. So we headed on out, and contacted the family once we were done checking in.

Sword fight with a random kid at OKW.

IMG_4655.jpg

Having that sword fight was in close quarters, as people were checking out and amassing to leave for the port for the DVC Members Cruise! I figured that must be what it's like in super-peak season, with the lobby being filled to the rafters with people!

The Cruise Line buses waiting for the people. Yes, that's THREE of 'em.

IMG_4657.jpg

They met us over at OKW. We didn't want to say "bye" quite yet, especially for the kids' sakes, so we decided that lunch was in order.

Robert remembered Sassagoula over at Port Orleans French Quarter, we all decided it was a grand idea, and we were off!

This day was overcast and felt different than the other days. But what's there to do? Take pictures of pretty places, of course!

IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

We had veggie burgers, E had the shocking choice of mac and cheese, I bought 50 cent Mickey straws for the kids, and we all shared beignets at the end of the meal. My aunt just wanted a milkshake, and then, of course, the shake was bad, and, of course, she didn't complain to anyone who could do anything about it, so nothing could be done about it. :teacher:

After lunch we went a'wandering.

IMG_4667.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

We checked out the pool...it was very cute!

And then it started POURING. So we went back into the lobby-ish area.

And there was a fabulous CM who told jokes and made us laugh and gave the kids coins....

IMG_4675.jpg

After a few false starts, after realizing the rain isn't going to let up and there's nothing much to be done about it (cousin-hubby, little cousins, and Eamon had played in the arcade a bit, which was cool for them), so we said our goodbyes. Bye!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought it was a much more tear-free goodbye than last time, though the boy cousins were crying, but it turns out that was just me. Everyone else, I found out later, was holding it all in. Great, so I'm the bad guy. (or at least the tear-free one). Meh, I was exhausted! and frustrated And worried about my computer, or rather about *replacing* my computer. And I was tired.

So we went from there on to the airport hotel because, and if I said it wrong earlier I'm sorry, I was wrong, we needed to pick up Robert's credit card that he'd left there! They found it, he'd left it at the restaurant while picking up fries and veggie sushi and other dinner while E and I were swimming that first Orlando night, and they were holding it for him. Once I lost MY card at Epcot, even though we could have simply moved money around and used the debit cards, we didn't want to lose the rewards on the CC expenditures. PLus, it felt weird to have a card just sitting over there.

So off we went, to the airport, and eventually figured out where to go and got the card and security was very secure and stern but kind and we missed the Hyatt and the lady at the front desk remembered us.... We snagged treats and coffee from the expensive airport Starbucks. And then we found our way to the Best Buy.

Where we encountered the antithesis of the employees at the Hyatt, with a young woman wandering the Router department having less clue than I did about Routers. Oh SO helpful.... We finally figured out that they have the dimensions of the routers on the tags on the shelves, and since that was the main difference between the two Robert found that met his needs, and since they wouldn't open a box for us, we needed that info. So glad the employee now knows that they have dimensions on the tags! Glad we could help her figure out her job a tad bit better.

And off we went, back to OKW to look more thoroughly at our room!

While driving back from Best Buy, along a road I've forgotten, we encountered a floopy toolbooth. We've taken pictures to document what it did.

First, the GREEN light wasn't working, apparently. And there was no OTHER indication, in the absence of the green light, that it knew you had paid. So we plunked our 3 quarters in, and...nothing. NO green light, and it just went back to showing we owed 75 cents again.

So we did it again, one quarter at a time.

IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_4679.jpg

IMG_4680.jpg

threw that last quarter in, and....

IMG_4681.jpg

GAH!

We drove through after paying twice, though I do need to find the note I took on what tollbooth that was, to write to them. They need to know!

Our 1 bedroom was a bit of a surprise.

At checkin, the CM mixed me up. My last name is also a man's first name, and the CM just went looking for the *name*. So I got the porfolio of some guy who'd booked on points, with the dining plan (which I found out b/c the CM started in explaining things to me before I had a chance to say "uh, wait?"). HIS room was ready.

Once we figured out that it was not my beautiful wife (REM reference, sorry), or, rather, that this was not my portfolio, we found out that OUR room wasn't ready.

So we got his room. I tried to not let it happen! I did I did! Dangit.

The CM said that it's a handicap accessible room, and my immediate words, and I quote myself, were "absolutely not". But then he said "it also has the big jacuzzi tub" and I said "wait, what?" I also asked "doesn't this other guy NEED the HA room?" and the CM said "no, there is no request for one, it was just assigned". And then I said "tell me more".

So it's a walk/wheel-in shower in the toilet room, but they still had the big jacuzzi tub in the master bath (which just has a sink and storage and the bathtub). Well OK. I asked if there was anything else different with the room, and he didn't indicate that there was, and I said that if he PROMISED I would have my tub, then we'd take the room. He did, so I did.

And it was all fine.

There was empty space below the sink for knees, should someone be in a wheeled conveyance, and the microwave was down below. And it was a side-by-side fridge/freezer rather than the top/bottom set-up, but I minded none of that. I actually liked the shower. This time...Robert and Eamon hated it, LOL. Oh well!

The room was in a gorgeous little corner of the resort, on the first floor of course, with a lovely little patio (that I never went out on because while the guys were unloading the car I had seen some sort of bug/lizard hybrid* that scared the pants offa me). It was near the quiet pool, which also had the playground where my auntie had taken the kidlets that day when the kid-parents went off to shop.

View towards the quiet pool.

IMG_4682.jpg

IMG_4683.jpg

IMG_4684.jpg

Loved this tree.

IMG_4686.jpg

OK so housekeeping had left this *adorable* towel owl (yeah, try to say that out loud a few times!) on the little key shelf below the hall mirror. Sadly, I only used the flash, it seems, and it doesn't really look like a cute little towel owl here. You are just going to have to believe me.

IMG_4688.jpg

I got us quickly unpacked (some people do not do this for split stays, but I find it much better if I do, even if it takes a little time...it actually makes me feel like I'm truly there, AND there for longer), and we were hungry, and we wanted to go to Columbia Harbour House because we'd missed it on the Party night, so off we went to Magic Kingdom!

I don't know if it was that time or another that I said "the bus will be easier" and then the bus was NOT easier. But the car was so far away that it would be impossible to get the car-getter back, should the bus show up....so we just waited, and...yeah that day was frustrating. I think it was that day, but I'm not totally sure. it did happen, though!

Dinner was tast-a-licious! Aw man, did that sound too much like Sandra Lee? Deep dark secret; I am her. She. Whatever. Hey, it even works b/c her last name is indeed a man's first name! How cool is that! So YES, I am Sandra Lee. Except that I'm not skinny and wasn't married to a very rich man and in fact don't have any "was married" situations in my past at all, and I don't have a niece and...OK fine I'm NOT Sandra Lee. Can I still use "a-licious" for adjectives?

But seriously, CHH was deelish. (OK now I'm Rachel Ray? And that name ALSO works for what I've previously mentioned! What's up with the Food Network people?) (Paula Deen...change that to Dean, and boom, there it is again.)

E got the ground-shaking mac and cheese, though this time he also included a side of broccoli. We got the Vegetarian Chili (scrumptious!), a side of couscous (good!), a side of fries (meh and so unnecessary but that's what happens when everyone is hungry), and the Lighthouse Sandwich, which was...omb** SOOOOOOOO good.

Lighthouse Sammy (Rachel Ray again) = "hummus with tomato & broccoli slaw on toasted multigrain bread with potato chips"

Good. Trust me. Could have eaten two. Not that I'm saying it's small. It's large even when you don't think it looks it. But it was THAT good. We were all VERY happy with our meals there.

If I remember correctly, we chose to eat instead of watch fireworks. And when you sit inside Columbia Harbour House during fireworks, it feels like you're at war (yay, no more Iraq war! so glad!) with bombs bursting in air... Do NOT take anyone with severe PTSD in there, if it was caused by bombs, OK? Get the food to go for them, LOL.

Magic Kingdom'ish things were done that evening. It's always good to do MK things when you're at MK. Otherwise it's just far too frustrating, isn't it?

The Jungle Cruise line is funny, though very arachnid-filled. This made Eamon nervous. Me, too, but I had to be the grownup and protect him from the images of them. Sigh. I like solo trips when I can be the chicken!

IMG_4690.jpg

IMG_4691.jpg

We had a wicked-good time that evening, just being us. Just like I'm sure the cousins have an amazing time when it's just them! It's so much fun to do family things, and it's fun to do immediate family things. (and it's fun to do solo things!) I think we can all agree that it's just fun to do THINGS.

Eventually they kicked us out.

Not until late though, because I *think* that this was a night where the park was open very very late for resort guests (EMH).

This picture of Wall of Minnies was taken after midnight, for example.

IMG_4694.jpg

We made our way home somehow, and I suppose we slept!

*that's what it looked like, anyway

**oh my buddha

Sounds like you got pretty lucky with your room. I think I might enjoy that shower myself.

Today was a proud mama moment for me. Loren's hair has been long and something he has really taken pride in. At our local community college they had a Locks of Love event and Loren got his haircut. He gave six inches of his hair. They loved him in there. They even took his picture and interviewed him for the school paper. He hasn't wanted his hair touched for years. He looks great and best of all he feels great.

Aw, how neat! Yay Loren!

My computer is trying to destroy my mind. It's not working again, acting like it has no internal modem, etc etc. Robert is now scouring the internet for refurbished macs... Im using the tortuous iPad he has for work. I hate typing on this thing! Which makes it a big problem for trip reports....:headache:

Aw, how neat! Yay Loren!

My computer is trying to destroy my mind. It's not working again, acting like it has no internal modem, etc etc. Robert is now scouring the internet for refurbished macs... Im using the tortuous iPad he has for work. I hate typing on this thing! Which makes it a big problem for trip reports....:headache:

My best friend has an iPad she takes on business trips because she already carries a laptop for work. She does her college courses on the iPad. I will never know how she does it. It would drive me nuts. I hate the touch screen on my phone. Good luck with your computer.

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'll have a little pretrippie (or as the iPad wants to call it, a pretty pie) in the DLR section, thanks to Sherry and The Man Who Gets The Alaska Air Miles. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I'll have a little pretrippie (or as the iPad wants to call it, a pretty pie) in the DLR section, thanks to Sherry and The Man Who Gets The Alaska Air Miles. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

I shall go look for your pretty pie when I am on my computer.:rotfl:

Checked out the pretty pie and am subscribing. I am soooo longing for DLR. But the soonest we'll probably make it is March. I think I can live that long......maybe........

Hello! I was just coming over here. Got photo bucket opened, have my receipts, even my hotel packets.

Let's all just remember this, though....

My computer is trying to destroy my mind. It's not working again, acting like it has no internal modem, etc etc. Robert is now scouring the internet for refurbished macs... Im using the tortuous iPad he has for work. I hate typing on this thing! Which makes it a big problem for trip reports....

And don't laugh too hard at the autocorrects that I don't catch. :wizard:

September 19th! One hundred million years ago, it seems. Many thousands of frequent flyer miles for hubby later.

We awoke at Old Key West in our one bedroom, which was in building 42, it seems. Right next to the quiet pool which also had the Turtle Shack Snack Bar. Alas, we felt we were in such catch-up mode, we only got to that pool once, and the snack bar was not open while we were there.

Today was an Epcot day, and we were excited! I'm sadly not sure exactly what time we got there, but I believe there was some FP getting and possibly some riding going on, before we headed over to the Coral Reef area for lunch. We did make sure to run into Innoventions to grab KimPossible FPs for later!

We had a little time once we got to the Seas area, so we rode their Nemo ride....ah, yeah, well...I followed it even less than I do the submarine version! When we were done with the ride, Robert said that they had told the story backward, and I remember basically agreeing with him.

Here we got lost because there's no signage to point you to the restaurant. Actually, we thought there was, and we went upstairs and out of our way because a sign said something about it and pointed to the escalator, but it's just a viewing area. A CM, when we went back down, agreed that the sign is weird and causes problems. So we went back outside into the HEAT, which is what we were trying to avoid, and of course the exit is a hike to the restaurant. We hiked, got there, and soon enough we were seated.

Doesn't it just LOOK hot that day? Gorgeous, but hot.

IMG_4696.jpg

E got pizza, and the plan was that Robert and I would share a Caesar salad and their vegetarian thing. Which is helpfully referred to on my receipt as "Vegetarian".

I'd tried to take pictures of the menu, but they were dreadfully washed out. So all I see on the one shot with anything but bright white is "vegetable potato strudel". But the current menu on allears.net says "mushroom phyllo crisp".

A picture.

IMG_4700.jpg

Whatever it was, it had great potential. Which was absolutely ruined by horrendous amounts of salt, a gross and tinny tomato ragout, and something in it that smelled horrid to me. Robert could smell it too, but he doesn't read it as a stink but I do. Smelled like stargazer lillies, and that is one of my all time worst smells to be around.

I still am not sure what that round thing near the carrot and asparagus was. And I ate it!

The phyllo was good, and if I just ate without involving my nose, most of the inside was good, but I didn't even eat my half. Robert saved me by handing me the salad.

I doubt we would go back. The place was overwhelmingly fishy, especially smelling of salmon which I also despise, so it was unpleasant just starting off! The tank was...a tank. Same fish, same sharks swimming in circles.

We ate, we planned, I asked the server to make sure the chef knew about the incredible amounts of salt that made it difficult to eat, and that the tomato sauce was just not good. She thanked me, so hopefully it made it back to them.

We left, and I thought these light sconces were fun.

IMG_4702.jpg

IMG_4703.jpg

IMG_4705.jpg

Wandered over to the World Showcase. Today, Eamon was on a mission. He was going to finish the KimPossible mission! We were game, though it was, as I mentioned, rather hot that day.

IMG_4706.jpg

There's a whole plant world under that water.

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_4708.jpg

And fish!

IMG_4709.jpg

Timing is everything.

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4711.jpg

IMG_4712.jpg

On our way to Norway, where we needed to pick up the KimPossible thing (first get FP, go where it tells you, they give you Kimmunicator phone and tell you somewhere else to go), we saw El Donaldo.

IMG_4713.jpg

The very nice KimPossible CMs asked us if we had previously saved any countries. We told her that we had saved Germany in December, and mentioned that with the heat it would be lovely to go in order starting with Mexico, so the backtracking would be minimal. They agreed, and it was all set.

IMG_4715.jpg

If you see people doing this at the parks, don't judge them for working or being unable to come away from angrybirds, or having kids who can't focus on fun...they might be doing KimPossible!

IMG_4717.jpg

OK I have to take a break. The iPad...it's probably not as frustrating as it is for SherryE to post her pictures, but it's close! So before I put my finger through the both sensitive and insensitive touchscreen, I'm stepping away for a bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter