Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Mike,
I have never done a trip report.... would not know where to start!

Lori

You should do one. You don't need to know where to start. It would be your thing and you could do anything you wanted. Once you get started its a fun way to remember your vacation. Hopefully you will think about it.

Mike, I loved the shot of your kids heading into Mad T Party. The shadows against the fog and lighting looked incredible.

I think the Main Street vehicles are hidden gems. We always see them, but often tend to pass them by because it's faster to walk. There's something they add to the charm of Disneyland, but in order to fully appreciate that charm, we actually have to slow down long enough to get onboard.

Mike, I loved the shot of your kids heading into Mad T Party. The shadows against the fog and lighting looked incredible.

I think the Main Street vehicles are hidden gems. We always see them, but often tend to pass them by because it's faster to walk. There's something they add to the charm of Disneyland, but in order to fully appreciate that charm, we actually have to slow down long enough to get onboard.

Thanks Sleepless Knight. I got lucky with the kids walking into the Mad T Party for sure. My favorite when coming back year after year is seeing some of the same drivers. The older gentleman that drives the smaller fire engine is just so nice and its nice to see him year after year. Does Disneyworld have all of the same transportation? When we went back in 2011 I don't remember seeing quite as many.

Alright how about a time out? Here's a look back out how it all started out for our family at Disneyland. We had went to WDW for oh so many years (more than a decade) and I personally was getting tired and bored of it. I thought it was the end all be all to vacations. We absolutely loved WDW. So we took a break and went for a longer weekend stay to Disneyland and California. The rest is history as they say. Disneyland has become our home park. Our favorite. My favorite. The Kids favorite. My wife's favorite. We were trick or treating when we came back with the kids that short time after and my wife turned to me and asked how I liked our trip. I told her it was the best. She agreed. We have now been to Disneyland as many times as WDW. Why can't it be more?!?

100_0680.jpg

100_0682.jpg

100_0684.jpg

100_0728.jpg

What a great time of year to go. Remember Dreams Come True, Nightmare Before Christmas Haunted Mansion Overlay, and our first time seeing Fantasmic! at DL. We had a blast.

What's up with my son's hair? :)

Hi Mike. After seeing your shot of Mad T Party, I find myself wishing you could have photographed elecTRONica. I attempted (attempt being the key word), but most of my shots are not even close to capturing the whole feel of stepping into the world of TRON.

I believe that the MK technically still has those vehicles, but they're very rarely out anymore because the MK has something like 3 or 4 parade type shows in the daytime and all those castle shows going on during the day to boot.

I think that over the years, the MK has really lost a lot of the little touches that Disneyland, for the most part, manages to preserve. I certainly get the grandeur of Cinderella Castle, but the feeling of being in colonial America is absolutely shattered when I look up and see a very European fairy tale castle spire in the sky.

About the only thing I miss from DCA 1.0 entrance are those letters out front. But I think that what has replaced DCA 1.0 is worth that loss. I'll find out for myself in just a couple of weeks now.:banana:

To this day i have never seen the original Tron movie but saw the latest and loved it. I wished I would have been able to see the ElecTronica experience. I think its something I would have enjoyed very much.

My next set of shots are strictly from the front entrance of Disneyland. I sat there for about 20 minutes just relaxing. Here are a few that I liked. What do you think?

IMG_4635.jpg

IMG_4641-1.jpg

IMG_4642.jpg

IMG_4644.jpg

IMG_4645.jpg

My wife has to get her four wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. Everyone please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully everything will go smooth tomorrow and I will have good news to report.

I wish your wife a stress-free, painless and speedy recovery. Is she having it under GA or local?

If I can add personal experience here, I had mine (all 4) done in the chair under local anaesthetic. Took me 2 - 3 days to recover and for the swelling to subside. There was a little discomfort on the first day; but nothing that drugs couldn't fix.

I'll be thinking of her and your family until your next update with news.

(Your pictures are stunning, as always).

I will be keeping your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

I really enjoy your trip report. I know I haven't commented a lot but I am still looking!!:goodvibes

My next set of shots are strictly from the front entrance of Disneyland. I sat there for about 20 minutes just relaxing. Here are a few that I liked. What do you think?

My wife has to get her four wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. Everyone please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully everything will go smooth tomorrow and I will have good news to report.

Gorgeous shots and a great place for that UWA! Our last trip all 3 of our mornings were a sad gray.

Thoughts and prayers to your wife. My best friend's 23 year old daughter had hers removed Monday morning and it brought me right back to when I had my own out all those years ago.

Here's hoping for a fast recovery!

I wish your wife a stress-free, painless and speedy recovery. Is she having it under GA or local?

If I can add personal experience here, I had mine (all 4) done in the chair under local anaesthetic. Took me 2 - 3 days to recover and for the swelling to subside. There was a little discomfort on the first day; but nothing that drugs couldn't fix.

I'll be thinking of her and your family until your next update with news.

(Your pictures are stunning, as always).

She had a sedation done in the dentist's office. She is out and doing okay so far. Swelled up pretty good.

I will be keeping your wife in my thoughts and prayers.

I really enjoy your trip report. I know I haven't commented a lot but I am still looking!!:goodvibes

Thanks Kaoden39!

Gorgeous shots and a great place for that UWA! Our last trip all 3 of our mornings were a sad gray.

Thoughts and prayers to your wife. My best friend's 23 year old daughter had hers removed Monday morning and it brought me right back to when I had my own out all those years ago.

Here's hoping for a fast recovery!

Thanks Janet. Now its all just resting and relaxing and the pain of it all.

I did catch some wonderful summer days this go around. Perfect blue skies. I think the best time to go is either Christmas or mid July.

Great Pictures of the train station - really contrasts beautifully against the clear blue sky!

Glad to hear your wife got through the procedure ok. I had all four taken out at once 5 year ago. The first 24 hours after the surgery was the worse with the swelling ,the bleeding, the pain, and not being able to eat. She'll need a lot of TLC for the next couple of days (I know I did :goodvibes) , but I do remember things started getting better very rapidly after that.

Great Pictures of the train station - really contrasts beautifully against the clear blue sky!

Glad to hear your wife got through the procedure ok. I had all four taken out at once 5 year ago. The first 24 hours after the surgery was the worse with the swelling ,the bleeding, the pain, and not being able to eat. She'll need a lot of TLC for the next couple of days (I know I did :goodvibes) , but I do remember things started getting better very rapidly after that.

Thanks Dave. I will keep alot of TLC in supply.

IMG_6506.jpg

Swing yer tractor round and round

Waiting in line for Mater's Junkyard Jamboree

IMG_6509.jpg

Random

IMG_4127.jpg

My laughing place

I'm WAY late to the party! LOVE your trip report and the great pics! I started out quoting the ones I liked and then felt it would increase your TR about 32 more pages!

Love the fountain pic zoomed in and the hood ornament pic. I smile every time I see you have posted a pic in the threads I follow. DL has turned into my happiest of places.

I so agree - how could anyone 'enjoy' the bus transportation at WDW. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing your talents - our twins are in college now and find the only time for family vacations are over the Christmas holidays. Great time for DL!

I'm WAY late to the party! LOVE your trip report and the great pics! I started out quoting the ones I liked and then felt it would increase your TR about 32 more pages!

Love the fountain pic zoomed in and the hood ornament pic. I smile every time I see you have posted a pic in the threads I follow. DL has turned into my happiest of places.

I so agree - how could anyone 'enjoy' the bus transportation at WDW. :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing your talents - our twins are in college now and find the only time for family vacations are over the Christmas holidays. Great time for DL!

Thanks so much! Better late than never, right? I have to say you really made me smile but saying how you enjoy my shots in the pic of the day thread.

My twins are in High School right now and I am starting to feel old. It's really sad. They say how fast time flies and you say yeah yeah yeah but its really happening to me and its hard to swallow. I think I might be in your shoes as Christmas might be the only time we will have together very soon. I hope my kids don't lose the feeling of how happy we are together when we're at Disneyland. Our family vacations I feel are probably over. My oldest graduates this year from High School and I can't afford to take our big vacations anymore if we're going to try to help her with some of the costs. My dream would be to go back to Disneyland next Christmas and show them that time of year. My wife and I got to go for one day two years ago I think it was for our 20th Anniversary and we had a blast.

Anyways thanks again.

Love the 10-22 shots Mike.
hows your wife doing, hope she's not in too much pain.

Hey Mike thanks for thinking of her. She is doing better and better. Her pain is really going down now and tomorrow will be day 3. We were told on day 4 she could start eating solids again. Well at least what she think she might be able to try.

Thanks for the comments on the 10-22. It would be nice to really own that lens.

Random time

I caught this little girl just walking down mainstreet. She conveyed the feeling of how I feel when I'm at Disneyland. Carefree. Hope you enjoy.

IMG_4609.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter