Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Thanks! Hope you have a great weekend. Here's one to get it started...

IMG_4824.jpg

Carthay Circle Fountain at Night

WOW this is beautiful! Don't know when we are going to be able to see it in person. Can I copy this pic and use it for my computer wallpaper?

TK

WOW this is beautiful! Don't know when we are going to be able to see it in person. Can I copy this pic and use it for my computer wallpaper?

TK

You never have to ask TK. Thanks again for the very kind comments. When is the trip to WDW?

absolutely gorgeous Mike, did you happen to eat at the carthay circle restaurant ?

No we didn't eat there. We usually allow ourselves one more expensive meal and this time we chose Steakhouse 55. I was able to walk around though in there in just about every room except for the private club.

I love that CC fountain picture...just beautiful Mike!

Kerry

Thanks Kerry. It's always so hard to know what kind of pic you got until you get it home and see it on the computer.

You never have to ask TK. Thanks again for the very kind comments. When is the trip to WDW?

We leave 12/23 and return 12/30. We were waitlisted for 12/27 as we didn't figure out that there was no way we'd all be able to coordinate a summer vacation at Disney this year. Very glad when the WL came through. Have you ever stayed at OKW? We have not.

To add to our enjoyment I have booked Candlelight Processional dinner tickets for Christmas Day and Gary Sinise is the narrator. Of course the men in my family say 'Oh, Lt. Dan'

Your pic looks good on my desktop although now that I have permission I may go grab a couple others.....:goodvibes

We leave 12/23 and return 12/30. We were waitlisted for 12/27 as we didn't figure out that there was no way we'd all be able to coordinate a summer vacation at Disney this year. Very glad when the WL came through. Have you ever stayed at OKW? We have not.

To add to our enjoyment I have booked Candlelight Processional dinner tickets for Christmas Day and Gary Sinise is the narrator. Of course the men in my family say 'Oh, Lt. Dan'

Your pic looks good on my desktop although now that I have permission I may go grab a couple others.....:goodvibes

We've only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and Grand Floridian all those times. I have always wanted to stay at the WL though. I had thoughts about the Poly as well. Not sure I have any interest in OKW. Feel free to take all the pics you want.

We've only stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and Grand Floridian all those times. I have always wanted to stay at the WL though. I had thoughts about the Poly as well. Not sure I have any interest in OKW. Feel free to take all the pics you want.

Port Orleans Riverside is the first resort we ever stayed at at WDW. We stayed at the WL in 2010 over the holiday and it was lovely.

OKW was the only DVC with availability over Christmas. Saratoga Springs holds no appeal for me as DTD is some place we avoid during this week. Crazy busy.

Thanks for being so generous with your great photographs! :goodvibes

Port Orleans Riverside is the first resort we ever stayed at at WDW. We stayed at the WL in 2010 over the holiday and it was lovely.

OKW was the only DVC with availability over Christmas. Saratoga Springs holds no appeal for me as DTD is some place we avoid during this week. Crazy busy.

Thanks for being so generous with your great photographs! :goodvibes

I know we will probably head back to WDW sometime in the future. I might have to push for the WL. The only thing I don't think I would like about it is the boat ride to MK. It was fun one time riding the boat but having to deal with it everytime I wanted to head to the parks would give me a headache. I like being on the monorail now. Just hopping on it is so much more convenient.

I'm sure not looking forward to the whole bus thing. If renting a car wasn't so horrible during this week I think I would. The one time I stayed at WL with my sister she rented a car and it was great. It makes going to a resort for dinner much less in an 'adventure'.

One more reason I love DL. It will be fun to visit AK. Nothing like it at DL.

Thanks Melody. I missed the poster being confused on the Hotel Del vs. the Grand Floridian. Now I need to go back and see where that was. Thanks for the comments on the shots thus far.

My wife is feeling better. She had to go back to the oral surgeon yet again to get another tooth packed as she had two of the three have dry sockets! :( She goes back yet again Friday to finish everything up.

Hope you have a great trip down to DL next month. I miss the Haunted Mansion overlay.
I actually prefer the HM overlay to the original. I know....blasphemy! :eek: :rotfl:

Yikes, I have heard dry sockets are horrible! I hope they have healed by now. :flower3:

Random Time again. I will try to finish up the report this weekend.

IMG_5284.jpg

I actually prefer the HM overlay to the original. I know....blasphemy! :eek: :rotfl:

Yikes, I have heard dry sockets are horrible! I hope they have healed by now. :flower3:

I am not afraid to say the same thing. I love the HM overlay. I prefer it to the original as well. Maybe because of the novelty of it all but it is so much fun. When we rode it the first time we didn't realize there would be an overlay when we did DL for the first time. We went back home and watched the movie again because of the ride and ever since we've been hooked. I hope we can get back someday with the kids and do it again. When my wife and I celebrated our 20th Annivesary back in 2010 we got to do it again and I think we rode it 3 or 4 times in one day. So much fun!

My wife went back again to the dentist to repack her teeth for the third time. Her discomfort is not bad but I can't believe how long this is going on!

Caught this one as the sun was setting on ToT in DCA when I was walking out of DL.

IMG_4195.jpg

Getting the pics ready for the final installment. Here's another random.

IMG_4207.jpg

Whilst I am eagerly waiting for the next installment, I have to say that I am equally as happy waiting......with those randoms you keep posting. FANTASTIC!

One last random entry before I start the final day (plan is to start posting on this tomorrow). I got to spend a little time in the Court of Angels in New Orleans Square. As I was there shooting from different angles, one of the security guards came up to me and asked if I would like to climb the stairs to get a few shots from there. I looked at him and said may I? So I climbed the stairs and got some shots that we rarely see....from the top and looking back the other way. The security guard walked away for a brief moment and one of the shop keepers walked out and saw me out there at the top of the stairs and called for me to come down. I told her the security guard allowed me up there and then she was cool with that. These are not the greatest shots I have ever acquired from this area of Disneyland but it sure was fun to get new angles. I'm always on the lookout for new areas of the park or something I have never seen before that I can actually get to. Anyways on with the show.

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6285.jpg

Alright till next time I want to say thanks to all that have commented or followed along. I am honored that you would take time out to do so.

Just finished reading your TR. LOVE your photos!!
I've recently bought a Canon 7D and can't wait to use it on our first family trip to San Francisco, PH, Grand Canyon, San Diego, & Anaheim for 5 weeks this Christmas. Last time I was there was in 1994!!- and that was before DH and DDs'.
Can't wait to get to DL and DCA. We are staying at Hojos for 13 nights and luckily, being from New Zealand, we can get 14 day passes. We will of course be spending time away from Anaheim, but will certainly have time to have a really good look around. I've already told my DH that I will be disappearing to take photos on my own.
At this stage I only have one lens 18-135. I'm keen to add to this, maybe 70-300mm. They sell for about $1000NZ, so still thinking about it.
Wish it was December!!!!!

Just finished reading your TR. LOVE your photos!!
I've recently bought a Canon 7D and can't wait to use it on our first family trip to San Francisco, PH, Grand Canyon, San Diego, & Anaheim for 5 weeks this Christmas. Last time I was there was in 1994!!- and that was before DH and DDs'.
Can't wait to get to DL and DCA. We are staying at Hojos for 13 nights and luckily, being from New Zealand, we can get 14 day passes. We will of course be spending time away from Anaheim, but will certainly have time to have a really good look around. I've already told my DH that I will be disappearing to take photos on my own.
At this stage I only have one lens 18-135. I'm keen to add to this, maybe 70-300mm. They sell for about $1000NZ, so still thinking about it.
Wish it was December!!!!!

Thanks nzer. How awesome would it be to take off for 5 weeks! What is PH? The 7d is a nice camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter