Summer Vacation Time - San Diego, Hotel Del Coronado, Catalina, and of course DL

Discussion in 'Disneyland Trip Reports' started by KCmike, Jun 10, 2012.

1. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Thanks so much Kerry. I hope we will be able to still travel while we help the kids. I would love to hear your trip report however short it may be. If you decide to do so please post a link so I can follow along.

Did your kids go away to college or stay somewhat close?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. LovintheLodge

LovintheLodge DIS Veteran

Maybe I will attempt a short review with our WDW/DLR comparisons.

Our kids live at their colleges but stayed close to home (both in NJ). My son looked at schools up to 5 hours away, but I should have known he would pick Rutgers. He's been going to their football games since he was little! Neither of them comes home that often though. We see my son more often (dropping off things) since he is the closest to our home.

Kerry

4. KCmike

My wife has been worrying about the empty nest lately. We still have several years of them being here but the end is coming.

If you do make that trip report please provide a link or a small reply here so I can make sure to catch it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

Happy to find your TR! We were at WDW less than 30 days ago and now I'm planning our DL vacation for this coming December. Our trip will consist of similar locals to your trip so I'm excited to read it all! Incidently, Norm Stewart was the only coach during my Mizzou days (I was there from 1980-1986, loved Columbia so much I worked there after I graduated)!

I'm off to finish your report......I also wanted to mention how jealous I am of your 60D! I'm still using my xTi as it just won't die and I can't logically buy a new camera until my old one bites the dust. I suppose I could accidently DROP it! :rolleyes1

6. KCmike

Thanks for finding the report! Anything I can do to help with the Christmas upcoming trip then please feel free to shout out any questions. We really love Disneyland and California in general.

7. KCmike

How is your Christmas trip planning coming along???