Stopping to Smell the roses...literally!

IMG_3922.jpg

Beautiful shot Mike, simply beautiful.

No one has posted in this thread since last July of last year, so let's revive it with some new photos!

From November 2012 - Buena Vista Street

IMG_6743.jpg

IMG_6027.jpg

IMG_6031.jpg

From December 2012 - Critter Country

IMG_7131.jpg

December 2012 - Candlelight Ceremony stage (this might be my favorite flower arrangement in Disneyland)

IMG_6809.jpg

IMG_6813.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

Well, at least a few of us are keeping up with our horticultural photography endeavors!:thumbsup2

By the way - does anyone here 'stop and smell the roses' in their own neighborhoods, or in random everyday places you might go to run errands, etc? Am I the only crazy person known to lurk up and down my street and around my neighborhood, snapping covert flower photos?:rotfl2: I am not kidding, either - I will go out to run errands or walk around and just start snapping away if I stumble upon some beautiful flowers. I will actually go out of my way to walk down a particular street if I remember seeing gorgeous flowers there. The neighbors look at me a little strangely, and then I quickly say something like, "Uh...I'm working on a project" to make myself look less crazy! ;););):rotfl2:

Again, all from December 2012...

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6747.jpg

IMG_6761.jpg

IMG_6794.jpg

IMG_6833.jpg

IMG_7166.jpg

IMG_7188.jpg

IMG_7538.jpg

I'll have to remember to stop and smell the roses more around home. There are a couple places I remember seeing flowers I like but I think I don't pay attention enough. Good thought! Love the pictures, first is my favorite.

I'll have to remember to stop and smell the roses more around home. There are a couple places I remember seeing flowers I like but I think I don't pay attention enough. Good thought! Love the pictures, first is my favorite.

I think that happens to all of us - we just don't pay attention to a lot of things that are right at our doorsteps, more or less. I just kind of started noticing the flowers around my neighborhood in more depth in the last 4 or 5 years or so. And they aren't always winners. Depending on the seasons and where the flowers are in their blooming cycles, some of them can look downright pitiful.

But every now and then I will turn on a particular street and find one gorgeous flower bed or rose bush or plant after another. One street can look like the Southwest, with cactus flowers and rock gardens. The next street over can look like the South of France, with Bougainvilleas, sunflowers, cascading rose bushes spilling out above the sidewalks, and delicate little lacy flowers punctuating random hedges.

Disney, of course, does such an incredible job with their flowers and plants in terms of fitting the appropriate ones to certain areas. I am always amazed when I find a flower bed full of wilting flowers in the parks because I expect the gardeners to be so quick to remove them. But I guess not?:confused3

The red, white and green flower arrangement that I found in front of the Candlelight Ceremony stage in December (photos on previous page) was perhaps the most vibrant and beautiful arrangement I had seen at Disneyland Resort thus far. I think it was because the flowers were fresh and were at their peak and they packed such a punch of rich holiday color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter