Stopping to Smell the roses...literally!

I love this thread.:cloud9:

One of my favorite things to do is look at all the plants and flowers at DL. I like to take pictures, so I can copy something when I get back home. Especially some of their pots. The ones over by the Thunder Ranch are really neat.

Have you ever noticed that near the HM, the plants are all done in dark colors? They're mostly dark green, dark blue, dark purple and some grasses are even black. But the over all effect is really beautiful. :goodvibes

I have often wished that DL offered a "horticulture" tour. I would be one of the first ones to sign up!!! :cool1:

When I get the chance, I will try and post some my pics too. I'm not too savvy at doing this, and everytime, it takes me awhile to figure it out. :rolleyes1

Oh Jernysgirl! You really highlighted my favorite landscaping in the parks. I love the area in Frontierland, love Pixie Hollow and Rancho del Zocalo is my favorite. Thank you for reminding me why I love DLR so much! :cheer2:

Great pics jernysgirl! Next time we go (which is hopefully next week!) I'm going to have to get a picture of our favorite flowers in the park which is a garden on the side of the path that goes to bug's land. It's how I wish our garden at home looked.

You're welcome! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

This thread is just wonderful. Our first trip to DL was back in May 08 and the jacarana (?sp) trees were just so beautiful! They were actually all over Southern Cal but loved that they were in the parks too! I think we enjoyed our trip so much because of the pretty flowers. We really stopped to pay attention to them all too! I have several pictures near tomorrowland of the fruits/veggies.

We have also gone in October and I didn't notice it being nearly as pretty, but still was breath taking!

I didn't like how the red was highlighted as well. There's a way to "specify the range of colors" -- as they say in the manual. For the above picture it included a range of similar colors, so it really picked up the red. For the next picture I had it limit the range of colors, as far "negative" as it would go. Not a HUGE difference.

Thanks for posting this - I did get my camera yesterday - there was a CDROM with it which was actually quite useful as I could look at the index, find the color accent feature then a link to the page number and managed to work it out. Except I couldnt understand why you would want to increase and decrease the amount of colors but now I do - thanks. I havent got the hang of color swap either at the moment but having a another go tonight.

I love this thread.:cloud9:

One of my favorite things to do is look at all the plants and flowers at DL. I like to take pictures, so I can copy something when I get back home. Especially some of their pots. The ones over by the Thunder Ranch are really neat.

Have you ever noticed that near the HM, the plants are all done in dark colors? They're mostly dark green, dark blue, dark purple and some grasses are even black. But the over all effect is really beautiful. :goodvibes

I have often wished that DL offered a "horticulture" tour. I would be one of the first ones to sign up!!! :cool1:

When I get the chance, I will try and post some my pics too. I'm not too savvy at doing this, and everytime, it takes me awhile to figure it out. :rolleyes1

Yes, I have noticed the chocolate colored plants at HM. Amazing! :lovestruc

Time to bring this thread back up! Here are a few from my October trip.

Just off Main Street:

IMG_6679-1.jpg

IMG_6678-1.jpg

IMG_6685-1.jpg

By the character pumpkins in The Hub:

IMG_6930-1.jpg

By Alice:

IMG_7074-1.jpg

Nice to see this thread again - deejdigsdis - your first photo 'just off Main Street' is amazing

Nice to see this thread again - deejdigsdis - your first photo 'just off Main Street' is amazing

Thank you. It had just stopped raining. I didn't think my little P&S would be able to pick that up. It was a nice surprise.

I LOVED these ones! They are by the Teacups. So soft!

IMG_7336-1.jpg

Reviving this thread once again...:flower3:

Near Rancho del Zocalo.

IMG_0746-2.jpg

IMG_0742-1.jpg

IMG_0780-1.jpg

In New Orleans Square...by Rivers of America.

IMG_0765-1.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad exit.

IMG_0787-1.jpg

Anyone else have some to share?

Thank you. It had just stopped raining. I didn't think my little P&S would be able to pick that up. It was a nice surprise.

I LOVED these ones! They are by the Teacups. So soft!

IMG_7336-1.jpg

Beautiful!!! Thanks so much for bumping up this thread!

~Lori

Thank-you for bumping this. I am in Canada and we are only now getting some blossoms... so seeing these pix makes me so impatient! I have always loved the landscaping, and now knowing I can have my questions answered at city hall makes it extra special.

I live for the bouganvilla in California and will choose restaurants just on the basis of having one draped all around it's windows:lmao: .

I wonder what the Landscaping will be like in the height of summer... have never been there then..

I was there in May and the landscaping is beautiful, I expect it in the Park tbh but was pleasantly surprised how nice the flowering trees and lilies were enroute to the park from our hotel. Every morning we enjoyed the walk that was scented by the blooming flowers along side the road.

I’m going to take advantage of this golden moment when I can actually get on the DIS (which has been infrequent lately), and knock out a bunch of photos in one post, because I may not be able to get back on.

By the way, I had no idea bougainvilleas were such a big hit! There are a lot of them on my street and on the nearby streets in my neighborhood – sometimes there are big bougainvillea bushes framing people’s front doors and they start to get unruly after a while, hanging down and getting in the way of the entry. They end up getting trimmed, which cuts down on a lot of the color impact.

Anyway, these photos are all from various parts of Disneyland Resort, including the parks, the Grand Californian and even Downtown Disney.

December 2009 –

IMG_0182.jpg

November 2010 –

IMG_1135.jpg

December 2010 –

IMG_1626.jpg

IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1709.jpg

IMG_2101.jpg

IMG_2111.jpg

IMG_2156.jpg

(The flowers coming out of the planters are supposed to mimic flames from a torch)

IMG_2167.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

IMG_2624.jpg

September 2011 –

IMG_3046.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3113.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

IMG_3320.jpg

October 2011 -

IMG_3545.jpg

December 2011 –

IMG_3587.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

At this moment I'm cursing Utah's snowy winters. I so wish we could grow some of these. We finally purchased our own home last year and I'm still trying to figure out what to plant. I am in love with Birds of Paradise..my friend grew up in Orange CO and said they're pretty much 'weeds' out there LOL Closest I've come here is Day Lilies..briefly they look almost birds of paradiseish!

I need someone who works for Disney's gardening department to come plant for me :P

At this moment I'm cursing Utah's snowy winters. I so wish we could grow some of these. We finally purchased our own home last year and I'm still trying to figure out what to plant. I am in love with Birds of Paradise..my friend grew up in Orange CO and said they're pretty much 'weeds' out there LOL Closest I've come here is Day Lilies..briefly they look almost birds of paradiseish!

I need someone who works for Disney's gardening department to come plant for me :P

Amen... and Amen... lol ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter