Stop Making Me Laugh Or I'll Pee My Pants! Go Back! I Lost My Shoe! Trip Report!

Thanks!

Boy, just read a few pages and can already tell that this is a livelier bunch. My kind of people! :woohoo: :thumbsup2

We always have that fear darn it. I don't know if you read on my TR but my FIL has bone ca that has now spread to his brain. It is such a sad situation and my heart breaks for him and my dear sweet MIL. They are the best people in the world and to top it off his Alzheimers has really kicked in with all the morphine and stuff.

Am so sorry to read about your FIL. Sending prayers yalls way.

Thank you for that. All prayers are accepted. I see you are from the Show-Me state too.

Hello Mary and Beth. I've been missing this afternoon cause I had to write paychecks. I love my job. Well, that part of it anyway. So far Lisa has not been in bad trouble here. Just a smidge. But we will all see what we can do to keep you here. We are a pretty friendly bunch.

Ginny

Welcome Beth & Mary,
Lisa's TR is very lively...hope you enjoy and we all :welcome: new friends to the dis...

Hello! Lisa,
hope you are having a great day...sorry I didn't come over sooner catching up on other threads and playing with Ashton...today started sunny and now it is raining; again :headache:
:wave2:

BTW: I had a dream last night that we were all censored for talking about Christmas :lmao:

Welcome Beth & Mary,
Lisa's TR is very lively...hope you enjoy and we all :welcome: new friends to the dis...

Hello! Lisa,
hope you are having a great day...sorry I didn't come over sooner catching up on other threads and playing with Ashton...today started sunny and now it is raining; again :headache:
:wave2:

BTW: I had a dream last night that we were all censored for talking about Christmas :lmao:

Will we have to learn to use a code word?:rotfl:

Ring! Ring! Ring! I reach over and answer the phone and, guess what! Stitch starts yelling at me to "get up!" What do you know! My first "real" Disney wake-up call of this trip. I was beginning to wonder if Stitch was on vacation or something.

I get up first and everybody else follows along. Before too long, we are ready and out the door. Today is our first day at the Magic Kingdom! Again, we walk to the Old Port Royale bus stop since it's closer. The walk? Two minutes tops. We lucked up again and a Magic Kingdom bus rolled up in no time at all.

When we got on the bus, there was hardly anyone on. Guess what John did? Ding! Ding! Ding! Give my Disfriends a nickle! He fell asleep!

100_2592.jpg

It wasn't a real hard sleep. Just one of those close your eyes and your head nods a little sleep. He can do that in no time at all. Anyway, Lacey started laughing and punched her Daddy in the side so I could get a picture of them together.

100_2591.jpg

See the shirt Lacey's wearing. That's the one that she bought at Epcot. I'm sure there are other pictures of the shirt. As a matter of fact, I am sure there's at least one full shirt picture.

Once the bus started filling up, John's little mini-nap was over. This morning, we had a lively bunch on the bus with us. There was a mother and grown daughter and her child sitting right next to us. Across the bus from us was a couple with their two children. We all started chatting and sharing stories. By the time we arrived at the park, we were all laughing at each other's stories. It was a fun ride and a fun way to start our day.

It was a little after park opening when we arrived at the Magic Kingdom. Not transportation fault, just our lazy behinds not getting up and moving on time.
It didnt' take us long to get through security check. I was surprised that there weren't more people taking pictures in front of the train station. Guess everybody was more anxious to get into the park itself.

John took a picture of the kids and I:

100_2594.jpg

We were all anxious to get our first glimpse of the castle. Well, not our first first glimpse of the castle but our first for this trip.;) We walked under the train station and around the hub to see this:

100_2595.jpg

Ahhhh, Main Street! Pure Disney magic!

100_2596.jpg

One of the hanging baskets:

100_2597.jpg

Sing with me now....."clang, clang, clang goes the mmm mmm mmm ......." ooops forgot the rest of the words.:laughing:

100_2598.jpg

Hey a balloon vendor:

100_2599.jpg

Since the Epcot "jump" picture turned out so well, I told Lacey and Hunter to try one at the Magic Kingdom. Not so easy to do when you have tons of people walking around you. Yes, we got those "look at those poor crazy people" looks.:rolleyes1

100_2600.jpg

Our plan was to do Adventureland first and then figure out what to do next. A picture I took while walking down the pathway near Crystal Palace.

100_2601.jpg

I spotted a photopass photographer and asked him to take our pictures. He was sick. How did I know? He kept sniffing and had cough drop breath.:sick: He took pictures of us as a group and then one of John and I and one of Lacey and Hunter. They didn't turn out so good. He had us say GOOFY and snapped us while our mouths were open. I'll have to upload the photopass pictures one day so I can post them.

Photopass pictures taken, we continued our walk towards Adventureland.

100_2602.jpg

When we heard the music, Lacey started doing a little dance. Do any of you remember the movie Can't Buy Me Love? If so, remember the part where the nerdy guy thinks he is watching American Bandstand and is learning how to do a really cool dance. It later turns out to be a demonstration of the African Anteater Dance on the Discovery Channel! For those of you who haven't it's really funny....it's like this tribal dance.

Anyway, here's a picture of Lacey doing the African Anteater Dance to be beat of the Adventureland drums:

100_2603.jpg

One day, I am going to stop and get a Dole Whip from here:

100_2605.jpg

Just before we got the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Lacey saw a vendor who was selling pins and jewelry. She stopped to see if she could find something for her Mission friends something.

100_2606.jpg

100_2604.jpg

***Okay, I'll stop here. Sorry, it's a short post but the 5:00 bell just rang. Heading home to cook dinner, wash clothes, help with homework, etc. etc. etc. I'll try to get on the Dis tonight while Hunter is working on his report. Staying home from Wednesday night church because we have a special seminar type thing at church.

Loved your update! For me, when I see the castle, I truly know that I have arrived! What a wonderful feeling to see it. I have really enjoyed all of the pictures you've taken. It really makes the story come alive!

Lacey is just too adorable. Love the jumping pics of her and Hunter.

Love that magical update. Totally wonderfull. That shirt of Laceys is too cute. She has good taste. I think John and Don must be related. He too could nod off to sleep without thinking twice. Naughty boys.

They are doing a fine job on the jumping pics. Looks to me it was a tad bit crowded.

Ginny

Great couple of updates. Sorry about the heights thing. It's freaking me out more as I get older. I don't remember the Poly bothering me, but we didn't get there this trip...the more I think about it the more things I think of that we "didn't get to". Thank goodness for June.

LOVE :love: me some pictures of the castle. Makes me feel almost homesick.

The jumping pictures are just too cute.

Wanted to send a shout out to your new recruits. It's too bad you don't get a tag or avatar or something for recruiting people. You might have the record.

Hope you had a good evening. :)

And hi to all my other friends. I promise I'm trying to get to your threads...a lot going on here...I'm working on it. :goodvibes

Great update, Lisa. And it is so NICE to read it all in one thread (sorry...I couldn't help myself). ;)

WOW, this thread seems to go on forever! Maybe you should quit and start a new one?

Ummm...on second thought, no. I like it the way it is.

WOO HOOOO!!!!!

:cool1: Hi Lisa! I'm here! On page 17 trying to get caught up. :dance3:

Rhonda

Welcome Rhonda.

Great update, Lisa. And it is so NICE to read it all in one thread (sorry...I couldn't help myself). ;)
You are as naughty as Lisa. I got to page 25 on mine fixed. I've worked for hours.

WOW, this thread seems to go on forever! Maybe you should quit and start a new one?

Ummm...on second thought, no. I like it the way it is.

WOO HOOOO!!!!!

Welcome to the Dis. Enjoy our antics

I am so not Lisa but that is hilarious. I must go check out the other board again.

Ginny

Ok - I'm finally caught up. Man, I don't get over here for three days and I'm LOST!! ;) I'm with you - the Poly is my dream resort! I stayed there when I was a kid, but I couldn't appreciate it! We went to the luau when my parents took us on an adults-only family vacation (pre kids) in 2000. Geez, that shouldn't have been almost 10 years ago!! :scared1: Anyway, we actually got my brother (23 at the time) to go up onstage and dance. It was worth it just for that! And I agree, it's fun to dress up every once in a while. I don't think DH agrees with me - he's not happy that I've told him he has to bring a polo and a pair of khaki shorts for dinner at 1900 Park Fair next June. Oh, well, he'll deal! Great MK update. I love all of the other parks, too, but your vacation just isn't complete until you walk down Main Street for that first time.

Wow, you're getting quite the bunch of groupies now from your other TR. :welcome: to everyone! It's always good to see more DISers!

Fun update! Lisa
:confused3 how men can sleep anywhere... the jump shot is a great one!!!
and the pic of you and the kids by the train station, that's a keeper for sure....but than all your shots of any of you guys together always come out great...must be all that love and laughter shining through...

:welcome: to all the new disers...:yay:
Thanks for joining in on the fun!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter