Still no luck finding val or mod for Dec 05-15th UPDATE

Grand Canyon

Disney Veteran
I have been at this for 2 weeks and have not found a room a moderate or value resort. I have a business trip to Orlando for the week so I thought I would take my DW and DD with me. I got a good deal on the air fair with SW. I would like to stay at CSR or CBR but at this point I am willing to stay anywhere. I have to pick up the cost for anything over $109/night so staying at YC,BC, GF ect not really an option. We have PAPs from last summer so this was to be a low cost second trip. I have never stayed onsight and as we have 3 kids renting a house offsight just makes more sense to us. So this was our first time that onsite was possible. I am so bummed this is not working. I have been calling WDISNEY every day for the last 2 weeks and I tried Magical Memories web sight. I have varied my dates. I have offered to stay at more than one resort.

I would have made my ressie sooner but I only found out I was going on Oct 27th.

I don't get it Disney is advertising like crazy, we supposedly have a bad economy and I can't get a room at the rack rate.

I was told that guest have up to 5 day before their trip to cancel there ress.
At this point it seems a long shot to get 10 days in a row by waiting till 5 day before we leave to get a ress.

We have really slowed down here at the Grand Canyon.
I find it hard to believe the all the Mod & Val rooms at WDW are sold out for the 10 days I will be in Orlando.:confused3

Soon I will have to make ressie offsite and rent 2 cars to make this work.

Your thought would be greatly appreciated :)

The problem is that the dates you are there cover part of MouseFest as well as Pop Warner. Until the Pop Warner people book their trips and the other rooms released, you will probably have to wait (and the Pop Warner people won't know until Thanksgiving weekend).

I know that things seem to be crazy busy then, but have you tried a TA specializing in WDW vacations or Expedia, hotels.com, travelocity, etc? It might be worth a shot. Good luck!

The problem is that the dates you are there cover part of MouseFest as well as Pop Warner. Until the Pop Warner people book their trips and the other rooms released, you will probably have to wait (and the Pop Warner people won't know until Thanksgiving weekend).

as well as the parade taping that first weekend that you're there.

When you could book a December trip within a month and a half of December. It is really busy nowadays. I am sure that Disney is probably booked during that timeframe. Sorry for your misfortune.

I just check, and there are rooms available for your dates at the Swan or Dolphin. They are not Disney owned but they are on property and you have the WDW transportation. If you book one of those, reserve the dolphin.

Good Luck!!!

Yes grab the Dolphin! The resorts have been sold out for months. I was trying to downsize and couldn't..... not for your dates.

Have you offered to split stay? I was willing to do that last week. I begged and pleaded for two days straight. I would call at diff times during the day. Lo and behold, on the 3rd morning at 8am I was able to get 6 nights all together at POFQ for New Years week.

Please keep trying, you just never know.

I second the Swan/Dolphin. If you are a teacher/government worker it looks like you could get a rate of $177 otherwise $227 plus tax. You have until 5 days prior to cancel so you could always cancel if something at Disney opens up. The Swan/Dolphin are very nice.

Have you offered to split stay? I was willing to do that last week. I begged and pleaded for two days straight. I would call at diff times during the day. Lo and behold, on the 3rd morning at 8am I was able to get 6 nights all together at POFQ for New Years week.

Please keep trying, you just never know.

I tried but still no luck:sad1:

I second the Swan/Dolphin. If you are a teacher/government worker it looks like you could get a rate of $177 otherwise $227 plus tax. You have until 5 days prior to cancel so you could always cancel if something at Disney opens up. The Swan/Dolphin are very nice.

I found that also.
Thank You
I only get 109/night lodging, I think if I put a hotel that is $100/night more than the allowed on my government Travel card someone would freak. I have to put the hotel charge on the government card. We have been told if we put hotel charges on our own card in order to get the points for ourselves we will no longer get reimbursed.

I don't think the desk manager is going to be willing to charge the $109/night on my government card and the balance on my personal card.

I did a engineering project in Yellowstone NP for 3 weeks in September. I was given $103/night lodging there was nothing anywhere near Yellowstone for that rate. The cheapest room in Yellowstone was $220/night . We stayed outside the park for $115/night but were only allowed $70/night outside the park. To make a long story short I still haven't been reimbursed for that travel and yesterday travel card went 30days past due. So I paid the bill out of my pocket. :headache:

I had better stop before this becomes a rant on all things wrong with the National Park Service

Thanks

I found that also.
Thank You
I only get 109/night lodging, I think if I put a hotel that is $100/night more than the allowed on my government Travel card someone would freak. I have to put the hotel charge on the government card. We have been told if we put hotel charges on our own card in order to get the points for ourselves we will no longer get reimbursed.

I don't think the desk manager is going to be willing to charge the $109/night on my government card and the balance on my personal card.

I did a engineering project in Yellowstone NP for 3 weeks in September. I was given $103/night lodging there was nothing anywhere near Yellowstone for that rate. The cheapest room in Yellowstone was $220/night . We stayed outside the park for $115/night but were only allowed $70/night outside the park. To make a long story short I still haven't been reimbursed for that travel and yesterday travel card went 30days past due. So I paid the bill out of my pocket. :headache:

I had better stop before this becomes a rant on all things wrong with the National Park Service

Thanks

Swan and Dolphin offer government rates. Did you check to see if they had any available?? They will need to see your travel orders if you get the government rate.

I just checked their site. They don't have anything available for $109 a night.

I see where the Gaylord is offering $109 a night. That's not too far away.

Swan and Dolphin offer government rates. Did you check to see if they had any available?? They will need to see your travel orders if you get the government rate.

I did ask when I called the Swan & Dolphin if the excepted the federal government rate and they said "NO!". I wasn't surprised very few places will.

I just checked their site. They don't have anything available for $109 a night.

I see where the Gaylord is offering $109 a night. That's not too far away.

I checked the Gaylord the $109/night is not for the time we are there. Also the Gaylord is in Kissimmee the government rate for Kissimmee is only $79/night:headache:

I can go a little over the rate and pay the difference. There is a (purely subjective) limit but what that is I don't know.

I checked the Gaylord the $109/night is not for the time we are there. Also the Gaylord is in Kissimmee the government rate for Kissimmee is only $79/night:headache:

I can go a little over the rate and pay the difference. There is a (purely subjective) limit but what that is I don't know.

I know when I am on government travel, if I have to exceed the per diem rate, I have to get the medical center director's approval before I leave. Otherwise I am stuck with the extra. If there aren't any rooms left at the government rate at the hotel the meeting is at, maybe they will allow you to get a higher rate.

Try checking Fedrooms.com. They should be able to list anything that is good for your rate.

I know when I am on government travel, if I have to exceed the per diem rate, I have to get the medical center director's approval before I leave. Otherwise I am stuck with the extra. If there aren't any rooms left at the government rate at the hotel the meeting is at, maybe they will allow you to get a higher rate.

Try checking Fedrooms.com. They should be able to list anything that is good for your rate.
There is plenty of rooms in the greater Orlando area for the per diem rate.
That is not the problem. It would be nice to stay at WDW and not have to drive the morning rush hour. The Swan & Dolphin will not except the government rate. The park superintendent can approve exceeding the per diem rate but he is going to ask is there another hotel with in 10miles that I could stay at. To which I would have to say "yes". Problem solved. He would tell me I have a rental car so drive.

Keep checking
I got a room at POP this morning for the 5th-7th. We were staying off property, but not now!!!:dance3:

I also would advise to keep checking but you could also book a Downtown Disney hotel as a back-up. These hotels have their own buses which are not as good as Disney buses but work well enough. Also the Hilton and Plaza are within easy walking distance to Downtown Disney. Good Luck!

If you are willing to put the 109.00 a night on your business card and the remainder on your personal card, I would call the swan or dolphin and see if they had a problem with putting the charges on separate cards I am sure they would work with you. And just keep trying to get the rooms that you want at the val or mods. Good luck.

Grand Canyon, I just checked on travelocity and they have a room at ASMOV you may want to check this out. Also call CM at Disney and see if they have a room at ASMOV, I did that the other day and disney had the same room available. Good Luck.

Did you try one of the Travel Agents specializing in Disney, such as Dreams Unlimited or MEI?
They would be able to better watch them than having you constantly trying.
I personally have used both and they are very good.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter