STILL NO FAQs! Part III "Official 'unofficial' AKL LITE"...

My plans were a little rearranged. I was supposed to be on leave as of today, but unfortunately there is a very angry volcano in Bali at the moment that is causing a lot of disruptions to flights in that area. So I was asked to come into work today. I am now finally on leave and can count down to going to Disneyland Paris for a few days on Tuesday. Their holiday season started today and I can't wait to see the parks all dressed up for Christmas.

Corinna

WOW !! I cannot remember about your cruise !! pirate: WHERE /WHEN are you cruising, if I may ask?

crociere-last-minute-caraibi.jpg
JUST A BIT ... :rainbow: jealous !!! :beach:

Jack and I are going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise--St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau. This will be our first cruise. :boat: The ship leaves Miami on November 21 and returns on November 29. Jack's friends, who live in The Villages, have been begging us to go on a cruise with them. I've never been interested in cruising. As a matter of fact, I am quite scared :scared: but thought I would give it a try.

Jack and I are going on an Eastern Caribbean cruise--St. Thomas, San Juan and Nassau. This will be our first cruise. :boat: The ship leaves Miami on November 21 and returns on November 29. Jack's friends, who live in The Villages, have been begging us to go on a cruise with them. I've never been interested in cruising. As a matter of fact, I am quite scared :scared: but thought I would give it a try.

Kathy, please don't be scared -- not even a little bit! It took me years to get JD to agree to a cruise (I grew up on cabin cruisers and knew I loved cruising!). When he got off that first ship (in 2003), he couldn't wait to book another cruise!! It's a fabulous way to vacation! We have our favorite ships, but every time we're cruising on a "new" one, I spend time online learning the deck layout of the ship. cruisedeckplans.com is a great resource -- also, each cruise line's website should have the ship's layout.

Bon voyage and have a wonderful cruise! (It's especially fun when you cruise with friends! :thumbsup2)

YOU TOO have a wonderful weekend !!
I'll have OPEN DAY AT SCHOOL all Saturday, my oldest students will perform some parts of The Betrothed , fingers crossed please !! We badly need NEW pupils for next year classes !!
CIAOOO !!

Kathy, please don't be scared -- not even a little bit! It took me years to get JD to agree to a cruise (I grew up on cabin cruisers and knew I loved cruising!). When he got off that first ship (in 2003), he couldn't wait to book another cruise!! It's a fabulous way to vacation! We have our favorite ships, but every time we're cruising on a "new" one, I spend time online learning the deck layout of the ship. cruisedeckplans.com is a great resource -- also, each cruise line's website should have the ship's layout.

Bon voyage and have a wonderful cruise! (It's especially fun when you cruise with friends! :thumbsup2)

Kathy and Jack, I am sure your cruise will be a blast !! and you will shortly ... BOOK ANOTHER ONE !! Cruises are absolutely awesome, so much fun and ... so good food !! Plenty of choices all day round !! and being with friend will add to the fun !! :love2:
( Cruise ships :sail: are very safe - much more than ... driving a car !!)

.....can't you just put the cursor there and keep hitting the backspace button until the whole address is deleted? :confused3

My plans were a little rearranged. I was supposed to be on leave as of today, but unfortunately there is a very angry volcano in Bali at the moment that is causing a lot of disruptions to flights in that area. So I was asked to come into work today. I am now finally on leave and can count down to going to Disneyland Paris for a few days on Tuesday. Their holiday season started today and I can't wait to see the parks all dressed up for Christmas.

Corinna
....OMG, are you okay??!?!?!?!?! :hug:

....OMG, are you okay??!?!?!?!?! :hug:

Yes, I am fine. This must have been the strangest vacation I ever had. First I can't get away on time and then there were the terrorist attacks in Paris. We were about halfway between the city centre and Disneyland Paris and therefore at a safe distance from all the trouble. Unfortunately Disneyland Paris was closed on my birthday, but I still had a great day.

Corinna

Yes, I am fine. This must have been the strangest vacation I ever had. First I can't get away on time and then there were the terrorist attacks in Paris. We were about halfway between the city centre and Disneyland Paris and therefore at a safe distance from all the trouble. Unfortunately Disneyland Paris was closed on my birthday, but I still had a great day.

Corinna

Corinna, glad that you are safe. Happy belated birthday. :bday:

Laura, thanks for the encouragement. It seems like every major trip I've planned in the past few years had to be cancelled because of illness. But it looks like this one is on.:scared: I'm just hoping that I don't get sea sick. :sick:

Laura, thanks for the encouragement. It seems like every major trip I've planned in the past few years had to be cancelled because of illness. But it looks like this one is on.:scared: I'm just hoping that I don't get sea sick. :sick:
NOOO, surely you won't be sea sick, nowadays ships are very firm, they do NOT roll at all,even if sea is rough. Just go on dreaming of your MAGICAL first cruise !! WHERE ARE YOU GOING ?

Corinna

Oh no !! YOU were near Paris during the terrorist attacks !! OMG !! NOT a nice birthday celebration !! SO glad that everything was ok with you !! Here we are still shocked, I could not sleep for a coupe of nights, Marco often visits Paris for his job ... Most of my students are scared, they are not going to the stadium anymore ...

Oh no !! YOU were near Paris during the terrorist attacks !! OMG !! NOT a nice birthday celebration !! SO glad that everything was ok with you !! Here we are still shocked, I could not sleep for a coupe of nights, Marco often visits Paris for his job ... Most of my students are scared, they are not going to the stadium anymore ...

Yes, I was in Paris from last Tuesday to Sunday. Graham joined me on Friday afternoon and the plan was to spend my birthday together at Disneyland Paris. Unfortunately this did not happen. We had an early night on Friday and when I woke up for some reason in the middle of the night, I checked my email on my phone and my inbox was exploding with emails of people checking if we were OK. I then went on Facebook and the same had happened there. This was the first I knew that all was not well. We were thinking about trying to get home on Saturday, but then decided it made more sense to stick with the original plan and fly back Sunday afternoon. I am glad that we did for a number of reasons.

As terrible as this whole business was, what has really shaken me to core is what happened in Germany tonight. Fortunately they found the ambulance with the explosives before they could be set off and people got hurt. I am not sure if ISIS is behind this as well or if this is unrelated, but I absolutely do not understand why terrorists would want to attack Germany. By virtue of their constitution, they cannot get involved in any war unless they or one of their allies is attacked. So this cannot be the reason for attacking Germany.

Corinna

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!! Js & Ks! :sunny:

It has been a while and I just wanted to pop in and say we had a GREAT time. Pictures later when I have time to post them. I am JUST now getting them uploaded! :eek:

Kim - good news for your son! How close to DC is he? Near me, possibly??

Laura - I am glad your parents are all doing a little better. I don't envy you having older students and bullying issues. Good luck!

Corinna - Glad you are safe and sound and were able to enjoy your trip a bit anyway.

Brandi - GREAT news on your second report

Kathy - BON VOYAGE! Bob and I are taking our first cruise in June with Laura and JD. I can't wait to hear how you like yours!

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!! Js & Ks! :sunny:

It has been a while and I just wanted to pop in and say we had a GREAT time. Pictures later when I have time to post them. I am JUST now getting them uploaded! :eek:

CIAOOO Elin !! SO glad that you had a beautiful time !! :jumping1:

e06a67d10a87a4c94938175686dcda94.jpg
to everyone !! Laura:love:

I finally get to cruise again. I found a fantastic deal on a Royal Caribbean cruise out of Dubai on December 14th a couple of days ago and jumped in yesterday. I am so excited. I have not been on a ship since May 2014.

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter