Still no 2016 discounts!?!?

I'm going to send you a private message!

Oh wait.. I can't because you haven't posted at least 10 times.... I want to share some information with you that I don't want to put out on the web because I haven't had a chance to book my room yet.

Well what we have is 3 adults on the regular dining plan but we were hoping to upgrade to deluxe after the discount. But there is no SPD for Pop Century where we are booked. I'm trying to find out how to save enough money, whether by switching hotels or what, to try to afford deluxe as opposed to the regular dining plan.

Okay, I'm not going to book this resort, even though I really wanted to, but you should consider booking or at least pricing the Caribbean Beach Resort with the SPD discount. It was 15% off retail, the highest percentage I calculated of the 8 resorts I priced today. They must have an absence of bookings for certain days. Coronado Springs looked good too, about 11% off retail.

I got a room discount on Orbitz at POFQ that made it $167/night after taxes and no matter what I do I can't seem to make SPD discount save me any money, that per night price plus tickets from Undercover tourist and a full price dinning plan (for comparison's sake only, I'll be using TIW) is still cheaper then the package, it works that way even for a discounted room at WL. Am I doing it wrong?

I got a room discount on Orbitz at POFQ that made it $167/night after taxes and no matter what I do I can't seem to make SPD discount save me any money, that per night price plus tickets from Undercover tourist and a full price dinning plan (for comparison's sake only, I'll be using TIW) is still cheaper then the package, it works that way even for a discounted room at WL. Am I doing it wrong?

You may want to call and verify this with a CM but I noticed that the option to price check a SPD at POFQ was unavailable. Only the room only discount could be applied to that resort. SPD can be added to PO Riverside, however. So I would say that it is not an error on your part but that discount is simply not available for that resort. I hope this helps.

You may want to call and verify this with a CM but I noticed that the option to price check a SPD at POFQ was unavailable. Only the room only discount could be applied to that resort. SPD can be added to PO Riverside, however. So I would say that it is not an error on your part but that discount is simply not available for that resort. I hope this helps.

Thanks, I did notice POFQ was unavailable so I used the other moderate resorts as a base (though since I've booked the per night price with discount has gone up $20)

BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

I believe I have cracked the code on the SPD Discount for Moderate Resorts - here it is!

TICKETS: No Discount (no surprise there);
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!);
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

There is no price break when changing or upgrading Tickets or when changing or upgrading the dining plan. See here for more details...http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

If I can get motivated I'll look at how it works at values and deluxe too!

Oh wait.. I can't because you haven't posted at least 10 times.... I want to share some information with you that I don't want to put out on the web because I haven't had a chance to book my room yet.
sorry, i just joined today despite being a long term lurker. Thanks for your help!

Okay, I'm not going to book this resort, even though I really wanted to, but you should consider booking or at least pricing the Caribbean Beach Resort with the SPD discount. It was 15% off retail, the highest percentage I calculated of the 8 resorts I priced today. They must have an absence of bookings for certain days. Coronado Springs looked good too, about 11% off retail.

Thanks again! I'm guessing our Pop Century hotel we have booked is just so much cheaper it makes up for the dining plan discount. womp womp.

MORE BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

First Off - huge thanks to Don @ Mousesavers for some help with this one! If you haven't visited the site - Mousesavers is one of THE BEST Disney websites out there. http://www.mousesavers.com/ - go there, you won't be disappointed!

VALUE RESORTS
ROOM: $1.75 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.97 per night off at POP and $1.98 off per night at All Stars)
DINING: 40% OFF Everybody.

MORE BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

First Off - huge thanks to Don @ Mousesavers for some help with this one! If you haven't visited the site - Mousesavers is one of THE BEST Disney websites out there. http://www.mousesavers.com/ - go there, you won't be disappointed!

VALUE RESORTS
ROOM: $1.75 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.97 per night off at POP and $1.98 off per night at All Stars)
DINING: 40% OFF Everybody.
We are deluxe so interested to see what that is.

LAST BREAKING NEWS (for all of you discount nerds out there!)

Deluxe Resorts work the same as Moderates - see below! Thread with the details is here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/2016-stay-play-dine-calculation-thread.3451389/

MODERATE & DELUXE RESORTS
ROOM: $1.00 Off Rack Rate per night (no that isn't a joke!); (with the hotel tax this actually comes to $1.13 per night off)
DINING: Adult #1 = 55% OFF Dining Plan; Person 2-5 = 45% OFF Dining Plan (regardless of adult or child).

That is that folks - SPD has been cracked once again! For everybody except solo travelers this years SPD is most certainly lower than last years. More people should consider the room only discount (especially if your eating habits don't jive with the dining plan and you think you would spend less!).

Early offers not too enticing...$95/night for ASSR? Hoping new discounts announced in about a month....

Seems like Disney is going to be phasing out RO discounts. It was great while it lasted. $70 All stars and $120 Moderates are probably going to be a distant memory....

Seems like Disney is going to be phasing out RO discounts. It was great while it lasted. $70 All stars and $120 Moderates are probably going to be a distant memory....

Not that I'm happy about the resort price increases but I still feel like an All Star Resort under $100 per night is a decent value. You don't have to rent a car or pay to park. For a 7 day/6 night trip that could save you $150-$200 on the car and $120 on parking. That's at least $45 per night worth of value.

I feel like I've felt more on the other costs going up. Tickets are more, the prices of snacks, QS and TS have all gone up, Souvenirs cost more and although not Disney's fault - airfare has risen too. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago doing round trip flights for under $120. Now we're in the neighborhood of $220.

Ins summary: I feel like I can justify paying $100-$200 for a nice room with the added benefits of being on-site. Although we continue to go the additional costs everywhere else really torture my mind at times :crazy:

Not that I'm happy about the resort price increases but I still feel like an All Star Resort under $100 per night is a decent value. You don't have to rent a car or pay to park. For a 7 day/6 night trip that could save you $150-$200 on the car and $120 on parking. That's at least $45 per night worth of value.

I feel like I've felt more on the other costs going up. Tickets are more, the prices of snacks, QS and TS have all gone up, Souvenirs cost more and although not Disney's fault - airfare has risen too. I remember about 5 or 6 years ago doing round trip flights for under $120. Now we're in the neighborhood of $220.

Ins summary: I feel like I can justify paying $100-$200 for a nice room with the added benefits of being on-site. Although we continue to go the additional costs everywhere else really torture my mind at times :crazy:

We drive so the perks of Disney travel isn't as big of a factor for us - except you do have to factor in the $12 theme park parking in offsite stays. I just remember in 2010, and 2012 paying around $70/night at ASSR. That was a deal! In 2012 we paid $120/night for CBR. That was also a pretty sweet deal IMO. Now, we are looking at an extra $30/night, plus the increases you have mentioned. For 5 nights, its an extra $150 on just the room. We are big onsiters, but when the cost shoots up 30% it makes you take another look. CBR is nice, but not worth anymore than $120, again IMO. The All Stars offer great theming and give you the bubble, but lets be honest, that room is not worth $100. But Disney can get it, so why not? I don't blame them. If the market will pay the price, you have to charge it.

Actually, if we move our vacation out a few weeks to the first week of FEB, and stay M-F, we can get an All Star for $85...not too shabby. I didn't notice before that they are not discounting weekends. That is one of the main differences from 2012 to now.

Actually, a Sunday through Thursday stay would get me to $75. Just takes a little more work, but I guess they didn't totally abandon me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter