Still no 2016 discounts!?!?

However, we are staying at POR and I was told that there are no standard rooms available for the discount. We had to switch to a preferred room, which I guess is just a closer walk to the main buildings. Thought that was a little odd, we are a family of 5 and I thought that the rooms for 5 people were all in the same section anyway. Anyone know if that's the case?

I imagine there will be another offer that comes out later on for dates 3/7/16 and beyond. Who knows until when though... I'm hoping something will happen though because my trip is booked for 4/19-4/26. How late can you have a discount applied? ( I relieaze it's actually not that simple but that's the outcome anyway. )

I haven't put anything down yet except my deposit but is it easy enough for them to transfer what you've already paid to the discounted reservation or do they have to do a refund process and you essentially start over? I don't want to make payments now if it's just going to be refunded to me when/if I rebook.

I can't do the full research until the website releases discounts Monday (see last year's results here http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/) HOWEVER...my rough calculation based on pricing out 4 different combinations at moderate resorts this evening has come to this:

40% OFF Dining
FULL PRICE Tickets
$13 OFF per Night

Again - I'm only seeing this for moderate resorts and the sample size is VERY small. Last year when doing the calculation I priced out 50 or more combinations of resorts, adult/kid mixes, ticket lengths, dates, etc.

I can't do the full research until the website releases discounts Monday (see last year's results here http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/) HOWEVER...my rough calculation based on pricing out 4 different combinations at moderate resorts this evening has come to this:

40% OFF Dining
FULL PRICE Tickets
$13 OFF per Night

Again - I'm only seeing this for moderate resorts and the sample size is VERY small. Last year when doing the calculation I priced out 50 or more combinations of resorts, adult/kid mixes, ticket lengths, dates, etc.
Do you have anything like this for deluxe resorts

Do you have anything like this for deluxe resorts

I only got 1 quote on a deluxe resort - WL. Without anything to compare it to it kind of looks like 40% Off Dining and $25 Off per night but I have no confidence that I'm right on that. Next Week I'll pull 12-15 different reservations to compare and get a more detailed look.

However, we are staying at POR and I was told that there are no standard rooms available for the discount. We had to switch to a preferred room, which I guess is just a closer walk to the main buildings. Thought that was a little odd, we are a family of 5 and I thought that the rooms for 5 people were all in the same section anyway. Anyone know if that's the case?

I was told the same thing. I've never been to POR before so from all my research all I can tell is the 5 people rooms are in the Alligator Bayou section which I believe is a fairly large set of buildings based on the maps. So it could be in a far away building or a close one. I called back and was able to get a garden view room (one step up from standard, one step below preferred) for $187 less than the standard was for my 6 nights.

I also had to get a garden room at POR, I have a feeling no standard rooms available for the discount. There are standard rooms available for our dates on the website. Just another way to make the discounts a little less. But, I guess any discount is a plus

I only got 1 quote on a deluxe resort - WL. Without anything to compare it to it kind of looks like 40% Off Dining and $25 Off per night but I have no confidence that I'm right on that. Next Week I'll pull 12-15 different reservations to compare and get a more detailed look.

If true...those numbers barely qualify as a "discount" at all...

This was the inevitable end game to the dining plan...you're paying massively more for your room and tickets and getting what amounts to a 10% off retail coupon on the whole package...if you look at it. And retail is massively more than it was just a few years ago.

It reminds me when gas went from $1.25 to $3.00 a gallon a year later around me...

There was never a reason for it...everyone paid...nobody cared. But it had nothing to do with "free market" or "supply and demand"

Just the view from my seats.

As PP indicated, discounts will come out some time in October if history repeats itself. I went the 1st week in February this year and got a discount in Oct 2014.

As PP indicated, discounts will come out some time in October if history repeats itself. I went the 1st week in February this year and got a discount in Oct 2014.

I think you may be a little behind the times here. Discounts are out for Visa holders and will be released as early as midnight tonight for everybody (and definitely will be available by 7am).

Is anyone else anxiously awaiting midnight or am I the only crazy one?

I am waiting until midnight/11 pm CST. If not then I'll b back up at 6 am.
Looking to get a price quote for POP & ASMu although we are already booked at AoA LM & I'm not sure if we'll change. I really want to stay there!

I really want to book AoA but I don't want to have to book a suite. Why are the standard rooms excluded?

Called earlier tonight...

Original discounted booking (free dining) was December 4 night stay in Standard Room for 2 adults, one infant @ POP w/ 3 day tix plus PH option, and upgraded DDP.

She was able to apply PS&D to current reservation with no changes in options. Total cost was $1,649.94... almost $200 more. Needless to say, I kept original discount of Free Dining.

I really want to book AoA but I don't want to have to book a suite. Why are the standard rooms excluded?

This is the newest Disney resort and still very popular, There is a limited quantity of Little Mermaid standard rooms and Disney seems to have no issue booking them full. An option to see it (without paying the price) would be to stay at POP and walk across the bridge. You can eat, take pictures, look around...basically everything but swim.

Called earlier tonight...

Original discounted booking (free dining) was December 4 night stay in Standard Room for 2 adults, one infant @ POP w/ 3 day tix plus PH option, and upgraded DDP.

She was able to apply PS&D to current reservation with no changes in options. Total cost was $1,649.94... almost $200 more. Needless to say, I kept original discount of Free Dining.

Oh you would be better to keep the free dining discount. We just went in September on the free dining and it was such a great deal. SPD won't be as great but it's better than full price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter