Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by DJ Disney Kid, Feb 21, 2008.

1. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyFreak06

4. World Showcaser

World Showcaser DIS Veteran

We booked a stay at POR yesterday! Our trip is in August and can't wait to get there. I was pretty excited to find a regular hotel room that slept 5.

5. melissarose

melissarose DIS Veteran

I just got so excited for you when I read this because I remember how pumped I was when I booked. That was like 150 days ago or so!!! I haven't even been to POR but I know it will be awesome! 29 days!

6. cherylsmike

cherylsmike Mouseketeer

It is very late, but here is some POR photos from my trip in December 2011. I am almost ashamed to post them after seeing some of the great photos on this thread, but I know how hungry for resort photos I always am before a trip. I will start with our room. It was an accessible room in Magnolia Bend. We had booked a standard view, but we had a refurbished (at the time the refurbishment was not completed) corner room with two windows and a view of the river. I was not about to complain about the non-split bathroom even traveling with two teenagers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In this photo you can see how the entryway was extended.
    [​IMG]

The armoire came in hand for storing luggage out of sight.
    [​IMG]

Here is the all-in-one bathroom. The lock didn't work well at all. It was a sliding door and you had to be diligent about privacy.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Headboard photos
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

An action shot of my son trying to jump on the bed before I yelled at him that he would mess it up before the photos were done:)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. cherylsmike

cherylsmike Mouseketeer

The next set is just around the resort shots. The were taken as the sun went down on my last day. I have a great camera, but I don't have the knowledge to use it properly and with the faded light I should have been using a tripod and a longer exposure time. I had no tripod and was running out of time. I like the look of a couple of them and I hope that just another look at Riverside makes somebody smile.

We decorated the window for Christmas
    [​IMG]

You can see a peak of a riverview if you look really hard.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That is the room at the corner on the second floor. Picture under this text. If you turned to the right out the door then walked to the stairs at the front to the building you came down only a few steps from the bridge to the main building.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. cherylsmike

cherylsmike Mouseketeer

More...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SQUIRREL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was fully dark before I got over to the AB section. Sorry AB fans. It really looks like a tranquil quiet area of the resort and I would like to stay in that area some day.

9. Venomhatch

Venomhatch Cast Member, DisDads #708,

Both of you all... Wonderful Photos!!!! Very nicely done!

10. awfullybigadventure

awfullybigadventure Mouseketeer

Well, your pictures made me smile, so mission accomplished! :goodvibes Thank you, and everyone on this thread, who takes the time to post pictures!

11. DisneyFreak06

Thank you.

cherylsmike I liked your pictures! You got some shots that I didn't, and I took TONS of shots. In fact, looking at your pictures just made me decide I have to go back and take more pictures, even if I can't stay at POR this next time!

12. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Nice shots cherylsmike!

13. tcherjen

tcherjen DIS Veteran

I love looking at pictures of this resort! It is so pretty.

14. ShesAPirate

ShesAPirate DIS Veteran

So many beautiful pics! Can't wait to add my own -- only 29 days till our trip! :yay::yay::yay:

15. cherylsmike

cherylsmike Mouseketeer

Thank you all for the kind words.

DisneyFreak06 - One of the reasons I look at the photo threads is to find ideas for new shots. It's so much fun to see how differently people see a similar shot. Next time I hope my photos are brighter and more in focus like your shots were. I will have to make sure I get the camera out in the morning or for afternoon breaks.

16. DisneyFreak06

Haha! I do that all the time! I love looking at pictures and then striving to get one as good as someone else's. I totally need to work on my composition. Yours are great. I used Lightroom on mine a little, but I didn't do much, just a little contrast, vibrance and maybe one more but I can't remember what it is! :rotfl:

17. disneytraceyl

disneytraceyl Loving All Things Disney

So excited to stay here.... :cool1:

18. DisneyElite4

DisneyElite4 Mouseketeer

Here are some shots I took back in 2009. I know it's been awhile, but they are still some of my favorite Disney pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. DisneyFreak06

DisneyElite4 those are beautiful! And some of them are angles I have never seen. Thanks for sharing them. :)

20. mum2four

mum2four DIS Veteran

DisneyElite, love the pics! Very pretty!!

21. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

These are some great shots and i'm homsick for my Port Orleans. I've been to disney three times and have never stayed any where eles but port orleans once at french quater and the other two times at riverside. In september 2012 i stayed at the royal guest room oh my they are so elegant that it makes one thin k that you are in a dexlue room. I have 248 more day until i retune to my secound home.