Staying at Riverside : Show me pics, get me excited!!

Discussion in 'Resort Community Threads & Photo-Video' started by DJ Disney Kid, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

Just wanted to say that when i was there in september i did buy one of those hard sided suitecases i bought the largest size.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

Do you like it? Now that my trip is cancelled, I'm thinking of making a purchase online (to have shipped and arrive the week I would have been at Disney) and that is on my possible list!

4. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I'm sorry that your trip got cancelled. I love the case i now have a matching set. I will be using the case on my september 2013 trip. I got one before my september 2012 trip and you should have seen the looks i got from the bagagge handlers at Sea-Tac airport. I live about eighty miles from the airport. When they saw the luggage information tag,they said something we have a mickey mouse fan on this flight.:scared1:

5. wdwnut4life

wdwnut4life I LOVE WDW & Disneyland soo much!

Love all the pics!!!

6. DisneyFreak06

DisneyFreak06 DIS Veteran

Haha! I love that. Just as long as one of those luggage handlers doesn't decide they like Mickey too and take your luggage!

7. Scott MC

Scott MC DIS Veteran

Um...is this TURNDOWN service I see? I know the pic is old, but it's definitely turndown service! Holy cow, if they'll do this at request, I'll be over the moon!

8. feet1

feet1 Mouseketeer

looking at all of these beautiful photos makes me wonder if we should switch our room to POR. We are currently booked at POFQ for sept 19-27. We have stayed at POFQ and loved it, but these photos are just stunning. The property is just gorgeous.

9. imaprincez

imaprincez Earning My Ears

Haven't booked yet for the summer...but this WILL be my resort!!!! Looking at all these pictures is definitely making me excited!:goodvibes:goodvibes

10. KCmike

KCmike Never have fallen asleep on any

Been going back through my shots as we "might" have a return engagement this early summer at WDW. My daughter and son play in High School Marching band and they are set to perform at Universal and SeaWorld.

[​IMG]
    Sunrise at Port Orleans Riverside by KC MikeD, on Flickr

11. a1tinkfans

a1tinkfans Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

OMG, LOVE the picture above...
    Thank you for sharing!! :flower3:

12. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

yes, what pool is this !?!?!?

13. KCmike

Thanks you two. It is the quiet pool by building 34 I believe.

14. KCmike

15. BDL

BDL DIS Veteran

I am a die hard POR-ite. I love staying here. I have talked on the boards many times about evrything I love about the place. The grounds, the atmosphere, the decor, the amenities and the lounge. What doesn't get enough press, is Boatwright's. The food there is always excellent. Make sure you try the crawfish bites. But what I feel will draw people, of course, would be desserts. Bon apetit.

Sponge cake bananas foster

[​IMG]

Pecan pie

[​IMG]

Chocolate cake with raspberry sauce and little Mickey candies

[​IMG]

New Orleans bread pudding

[​IMG]

16. feet1

feet1 Mouseketeer

OMG those deserts look amazing. Definitely going to have to try Boatwrights!!

17. njgrl622

njgrl622 Earning My Ears

I soooo agree about how great Boatwrights is!! We stayed at POR for a week in October 2012 - and we ate there on our first night. The food was wonderful and the service was excellent! :thumbsup2

We had ADRs for other places throughout our week - and let me tell you - NONE of them were as good! At the end of our vacation, my DH even said - next time, we have to go to Boatwrights more than once!

18. Gracefulskinny

Gracefulskinny DIS Veteran

Really? Interesting. I keep coming across reviews that give off the impression that it's Mediocre at best and a complete waste of time and money at worst.

I'm not a huge cajun fan. Is it really that good?

19. njgrl622

njgrl622 Earning My Ears

I was nervous about previous reviews too -

I had the Beef Tenderloin Medallions - they were awesome! So tender and cooked to perfection! My 12yo son had the same thing - and cleared his plate. I was shocked because he never does! ;)

My DH had the catfish - and loved it. My 7yo son had the mac and cheese off the kids menu - no complaints there!

We all ordered something different for dessert - and all shared! Everyone was happy.

:thumbsup2

20. quietgirll

quietgirll DIS Veteran

We had boatwrights when we were there last month and it was amazing!! AMAZING! I'll have to round up my pics. I had the pork chop( flavorful and tender) and DGF had the prime rib(divine!). If we had ate there earlier in the trip, I definitely think we would have ate there again!

21. Shaden

Shaden DIS Veteran

You guys have made my wife and I even MORE excited to come, I think its also going to require a few extra pre-POR workouts !!! Those deserts look amazing ! Can't wait.

86 Days ... :)