Ssshhhh This Time It's A Secret! Dec 2015 pre-trip report

Have you eaten there before?

Now I'm thinking of parking at the Poly, taking the monorail to GF to see the decor and the view from the beach. Then taking the monorail back to the Poly and eating at Captain Cooks. That place seems to have better reviews.

Nope, never eaten here but I have heard good things. The Poly option works as well. If it were me I would probably check out the Poly and eat at Captain Cooke's and then take the monorail to the GF and the Contemporary to see their decorations.

Another option would be to go to a quick service at one of the hotels and see the Christmas decorations while we are there.

this would be my pick. Go see all the monorail resorts eat at Capt Cooks!!! YUM!!!

I LOVE your 101 Dalmatian night! Why didn't i think of that?!?! GRRR.. OK next trip.. going to make that down on the other PTR...

Nope, never eaten here but I have heard good things. The Poly option works as well. If it were me I would probably check out the Poly and eat at Captain Cooke's and then take the monorail to the GF and the Contemporary to see their decorations.

My current plan is to leave at 9pm. That puts us getting into Orlando at 9am. We'll head to the resorts after a quick stop at the outlet mall (assuming they are open.) So we would probably have time to check out the GF before lunch at Captain Cook.

this would be my pick. Go see all the monorail resorts eat at Capt Cooks!!! YUM!!!

I LOVE your 101 Dalmatian night! Why didn't i think of that?!?! GRRR.. OK next trip.. going to make that down on the other PTR...

If you happen to see a pic of the kids chicken and pineapple skewers from cc, please let me know. It sounds really good, but sometimes the food doesn't look like the way I pictured it.

Thanks! Someone in my December group posted a 101 day countdown saying it was Dalmatian Day and that gave me the idea.

We will be at Magic Kingdom our first day and will have lunch at Columbia Harbour House

We like the shrimp, but I think maybe Hope and I will share an order and get chowder and broccoli to go with it.

We will be at Epcot for supper probably UK fish and chips.

Oh thanks., Now i'm hungry!

If you happen to see a pic of the kids chicken and pineapple skewers from cc, please let me know. It sounds really good, but sometimes the food doesn't look like the way I pictured it.

you mean this?
IMG_1682.jpg

Thanks! Someone in my December group posted a 101 day countdown saying it was Dalmatian Day and that gave me the idea.

It's a great idea!!! and i am totally going to do it!

you mean this?
IMG_1682.jpg

That doesn't look very good to me. Not at all what I pictured when I read

Chicken and Pineapple Skewers - with mixed greens salad and sesame-soy dressing

Maybe that's something else? It doesn't look like mixed greens.

That doesn't look very good to me. Not at all what I pictured when I read

Chicken and Pineapple Skewers - with mixed greens salad and sesame-soy dressing

Maybe that's something else? It doesn't look like mixed greens.

No it doesn't. When i googled it that is what came up.. couldn't find anything else. I will kill for some tonga toast and Nachos... YUM!

That's the plan! :faint: And you have no idea how hard it will be since we homeschool and I am with my daughter all the time. :rotfl2:

Hope passed me up in shoe size a while back. :confused3 It is helpful to be able to come here and tell you guys the plans. That way I don't burst!:woohoo:

I am also keeping our very 1st disney world trip(vacation in general), a surprise, from my husband and daughter and i am also more than a year away... There are times i just wNt to yell it at the top of my lungs.... but i have to control myself for THE BIG DAY!.:rainbow:

I am also keeping our very 1st disney world trip(vacation in general), a surprise, from my husband and daughter and i am also more than a year away... There are times i just wNt to yell it at the top of my lungs.... but i have to control myself for THE BIG DAY!.:rainbow:

:welcome:

How exciting! There is so much planning to do and so many people here to talk to. I find it easier to keep the secret when I spend time here.

I felt like 101 and 99 were both days to celebrate, but they are close together. So I posted 101 days until we leave and now I'm posting

99 days until we are at Magic Kingdom

Super excited to see this!

Now lets dance! :cool1::banana::dancer::dance3:party:

And maybe jump up and down a bit. :bounce::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3:

And then it's off to plan and wait for FP+ day.popcorn:::surfweb::coffee:

Our second day will be starting at Animal Kingdom. We will have lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

When we are done with AK we will hop to Hollywood Studios/MGM/insert new name here. I couldn't really settle on what I wanted to eat there...so we won't.

***Backstory #1 ~ Dave likes to cruise. When I asked him what makes cruises so great for him, it was basically because of the food. Someone cooks his food, brings him his food, takes away the dishes and cleans the kitchen. Ok. But when we go to Disney (even if we eat fast food) he isn't cooking or cleaning. He then tells me that when we are at Disney, I hand him a ziploc bag and say, "Here, eat this."
I'm not sure where he gets this stuff from because that doesn't happen...but it will this trip. :scratchin

***Backstory #2 ~ Hope was telling me a couple of years ago about "mommy meals." Apparently in one of the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books they go on a road trip and the mom makes them "mommy meals." These need to be in a brown bag that has games drawn onto it and it has to have a cheap prize. She thinks this is neat. :confused3

So on the drive from AK to DHS dave will get a ziploc bag and I will tell him, "Here, eat this." and Hope will get a "Mommy Meal."

This seemed the perfect time to do this. This will be Hope and Dave's only time at DHS so we won't have much time there. I still haven't decided if we should use FP+ at AK or DHS.

Anyhow, I was cleaning today and found these

I finally get to use these. They are 5x7 magnets I printed for our Christmas 2012 WDW trip that turned into a Disney Cruise.
:hyper:

Last weekend we watched A Bugs Life.

I know Hope didn't remember this movie or the It's Tough To Be A Bug show so I wanted to make sure to watch this one.

We had dirt pudding with worms.

Next up is Up. I don't know if we will do a food tie in because I can't think of one.

Last edited:
Our next day we have a lunch ADR at Whispering Canyon. My cousin and I decided to book this one and not tell our families very much about it. It should be fun.

This will be our first ever party night so we plan to eat a quick supper at Pinocchios.

We plan to close the party down and sleep in the next day. So we will have lunch at TRex and maybe have supper at Cici's Pizza (Hope loves this place.)

Following a wonderful day of catching up on sleep, I will be park hopping all over the place. Actually I haven't decided which parks I am going to in what order. I do have a lunch ADR for 1 at BOG. Dave and Hope will be spending their last day ever at Disney Quest. I'm so glad they will get to do this before it closes. I'm even happier that I don't have to go.

So I'm not sure what I will be eating for supper or any idea what they will eat.

Sleep. that is a 5 letter word i haven't heard of in a while... I hope you get it!
apparently your going to need it with all the running around you will have! YAY for BOG lunch!
I didn't know there was a CiCI pizza!

Sleep. that is a 5 letter word i haven't heard of in a while... I hope you get it!
apparently your going to need it with all the running around you will have! YAY for BOG lunch!
I didn't know there was a CiCI pizza!

The Cici's we went to years ago was on the highway in Kissimee that runs just south of Disney property.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter