• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SSR room - a hot mess UPDATED WITH PICTURES

Connorlevismom- The gentleman's contact information I sent you through a Private Message is very attentive to room issues. When I had issues, he actually went out to the resort in question, met with the resort manager, and inspected my rooms. He was completely unaware of the poor room conditions until seeing them for himself. He must have been shocked because he immediately took both rooms out of service and made all necessary repairs before returning them back to inventory. DVC ended up spending a considerable amount of money but made the necessary repairs. Somehow, I honestly believe that DVC is unaware of the true extent of poor upkeep at the resorts. We should always take photos as documentation to support our claims. There are some DVC Members who exaggerate the condition of the DVC rooms and they are the ones who make the rest of us seem like we are over reacting. You have the photos, now go to bat!

suncup1225 you should have or still should share this information with then. Just an email to member services will be forwarded to the right people. They need to be aware on these things

I'm afraid disney tries too hard to save a buck/make a buck these days without remembering how they got here in the first place. If they continue to go the wrong direction it may start to help the "other" parks in Orlando. I can tell there are things about disney starting to lose some of the wow/magic factor as much as it pains me to say that

Just a quick update. I send the pictures to Jennifer on Monday morning and have never heard anything again from her, or anyone at Disney. I emailed her again yesterday to make sure she got the pictures and have heard nothing back.

I just emailed member satisfaction so we will see if they get back to me. I am REALLY getting irritated at the clear brush off they are giving this issue. To me it makes me think that they really do not care about the happiness of their guests.

If i may make a suggestion... I suggest that the SSR owners here get together online some place and pool your pictures and then write a very detailed letter and send the whole thing to the Orlando Sentinel News Paper. They have a consumer section and i bet they would love to be handed an article like this one, especially with pictures as proof. If the SSR management is completely disinterested in taking care of their owners then they need to be terminated and replaced with ones that will do their jobs. Here is the contact information for the editor. If you look in the proposed budget statement you received earlier in the month or last month i am sure you will see you paid a couple million dollars for housekeeping and another couple for maintenance. Be sure to add that an assistant contact you and was less then magical in her behavior...

suncup1225 you should have or still should share this information with then. Just an email to member services will be forwarded to the right people. They need to be aware on these things

I'm afraid disney tries too hard to save a buck/make a buck these days without remembering how they got here in the first place. If they continue to go the wrong direction it may start to help the "other" parks in Orlando. I can tell there are things about disney starting to lose some of the wow/magic factor as much as it pains me to say that

I had contacted multiple SSR managers, DVC member services via the phone, even my DVC "guide" and no one seemed to have any answers or could provide me with assistance :confused3

I sent an email to member services about my last trip and problems with guests filling up SSR busses just wanting to go to DTD and they have called me twice and have sent the information to the SSR management, leadership team, and are review the transportation setup at this time

If i may make a suggestion... I suggest that the SSR owners here get together online some place and pool your pictures and then write a very detailed letter and send the whole thing to the Orlando Sentinel News Paper. They have a consumer section and i bet they would love to be handed an article like this one, especially with pictures as proof. If the SSR management is completely disinterested in taking care of their owners then they need to be terminated and replaced with ones that will do their jobs. Here is the contact information for the editor. If you look in the proposed budget statement you received earlier in the month or last month i am sure you will see you paid a couple million dollars for housekeeping and another couple for maintenance. Be sure to add that an assistant contact you and was less then magical in her behavior...

We had a similar experience at SSR recently. We stayed there thinking we might add on at some point and wanted to check it out. We would NEVER add on at SSR. In addition, we thought the resort management was the worst we have encountered. It would be nice to hear something gets addressed.

Well I heard back from the manager of guest relations at SSR. He told me that all he could offer was 1/2 my points back and that if I wanted more, I needed to talk with the satisfaction team. That he was not able to refund anymore than 1/2.

It is funny, both times I talked with someone from SSR they talked very fast, did not really want to talk about my concerns and just wanted to get off the phone. I could tell that when I was talking to him he was not listening to what I was saying. He said he saw my pictures, but did not say anything about them.

I find it hard to believe that he could not refund all my points. I mean, really? Your the manager over there.....I find it hard to believe that you can't do anything more.

I would doubt that they will do anything with that room and I feel sorry for the next people who have it. I am sure there is someone staying in there now.

We had a similar experience at SSR recently. We stayed there thinking we might add on at some point and wanted to check it out. We would NEVER add on at SSR. In addition, we thought the resort management was the worst we have encountered. It would be nice to hear something gets addressed.

Can you explain more about why you would never add on at SSR? Was it your room? The resort?

I agree - the management over there is HORRIBLE. Every person that I encountered both in person and over the phone seemed like they could'nt care less about my issues with the room. I am talking from people at the front desk, to maintanence, to housekeeping and even management. They do not care.

Totally NOT the Disney experience I am used to.

I sent an email to member services about my last trip and problems with guests filling up SSR busses just wanting to go to DTD and they have called me twice and have sent the information to the SSR management, leadership team, and are review the transportation setup at this time

How do you know they are actually doing something about it? My guess would be that they told you this and then forgot all about it as soon as you hung up the phone. That is the vibe I get from them over at SSR.

We left with the decision we would never buy there based on our exchanges with management. This is my personal thought on the subject: I think problems will always arise due to; bad housekeeping, rudeness by a CM.... but if I feel management addresses the situation, it makes me feel like it is less likely to occur again. When management does not demonstrate any genuine interest in truly correcting a problem - it will occur again.
Having said that, I do realize that management can (and will) change over and move around.... however, for us, it was such a negative experience that we are not willing to give it another chance. These vacations are too expensive and there are too many other options - we are moving on, we just crossed SSR off our list.

We left with the decision we would never buy there based on our exchanges with management. This is my personal thought on the subject: I think problems will always arise due to; bad housekeeping, rudeness by a CM.... but if I feel management addresses the situation, it makes me feel like it is less likely to occur again. When management does not demonstrate any genuine interest in truly correcting a problem - it will occur again.
Having said that, I do realize that management can (and will) change over and move around.... however, for us, it was such a negative experience that we are not willing to give it another chance. These vacations are too expensive and there are too many other options - we are moving on, we just crossed SSR off our list.

Totally understand, and I feel the same way. I don't know that I can give SSR a try again after this. I just don't feel like they would address any issues, should they arise. The staff does not seem to be proud of the place they work, and I have never encountered that at any DVC's in the past.

I understand that these people probably have a lot to deal with as far as customer complaints. People LOVE to complain. But I am not a chronic complainer and I have pictures that you cannot deny are disgusting. I feel like I should be taken seriously and this room should be taken out of rotation right now and fixed.

I agree this room condition is not acceptable, but we all have to realize that Disney World/DVC is so large that many times even a manager's hands are tied as to what they can say or do. They know this is on here and they know everything they say and do will be shared. Sometimes that is a good thing and sometimes it is not.

Also it is the week before Christmas surely you know they are busy. Many are out on vacation. A lack of reply does not necessarily mean a brush off, they could simply not be there or very, very busy.

I would have had them come in clean the room and repair the issues that were serious. I feel the compensation offer is very reasonable.

Well I heard back from the manager of guest relations at SSR. He told me that all he could offer was 1/2 my points back and that if I wanted more, I needed to talk with the satisfaction team. That he was not able to refund anymore than 1/2.

I find it hard to believe that he could not refund all my points. I mean, really? Your the manager over there.....I find it hard to believe that you can't do anything more.

I would doubt that they will do anything with that room and I feel sorry for the next people who have it. I am sure there is someone staying in there now.

I agree that you had a horrible room experience and had every right to complain and I'm glad you were offered compensation. I'm a little confused though - were you looking for more than half your points back? The issues were not bad enough for you to demand another room while you were there, so you did use some of the room ( I know not the 2nd bathroom all the time) so it's not like you had no where to stay or had an expense from paying for other accommodations. The only ideal solution would have been for things to have been fixed right away, and since they weren't and you continued to stay in the room (you chose to accept their continued promises) I think half the points back for a two bedroom is reasonable.

I agree that you had a horrible room experience and had every right to complain and I'm glad you were offered compensation. I'm a little confused though - were you looking for more than half your points back? The issues were not bad enough for you to demand another room while you were there, so you did use some of the room ( I know not the 2nd bathroom all the time) so it's not like you had no where to stay or had an expense from paying for other accommodations. The only ideal solution would have been for things to have been fixed right away, and since they weren't and you continued to stay in the room (you chose to accept their continued promises) I think half the points back for a two bedroom is reasonable.

I asked for a new room, twice. They would not move me.

If you smell noxious gas and the Hotel will not check itCall the fire dept.

Do not assume that it is just unpleasant.Let the profesionals come and check.

Onethe Fire dept arrives I am pretty sure the hotel will adress your Issue.

I AM NOT SAYING TO CALL THE FIRE DEPARTMENT JUST TO GET BETTER SERVICE from hotel.

I am saing if there is a possible gas in your room and the hotel will not invesitigate then you need to call someone who will come and make sure there are no dangerous levelsof CO.2

Particulary with a child in the room.

Would not or could not, big difference. :confused3

No idea. They told me they did not want to move me, because they wanted to see if they could get the toilet fixed before they gave me a new room. This is the answer I got both times I asked for a new room.

So I would assume it was a would not move me, rather than a could not. I would assume if they could not they would have told me they were full or something.

I asked for a new room, twice. They would not move me.

Ok, that wasn't how I read it. It sounded like you were going to ask but took their promise of repairs instead of insisting. Regardless, you did have a semi usable room, so I still wouldn't have been expecting more than half the points back. Actually even that amount surprises me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter