Squirts, Shirts, & Flirts...The Legend Continues (TR started 6-23)

I really love Boma for Breakfast , I loved the Biergarten buffet , they had a roast carved pork that wasthe best pork ever had !!! My DGS LOVED Teppon Edo ,he was fascinated with the food being cooked at the table !! Jordan andI and som others are gonna eat at the Wave in Feb !!!

HEY! :wave: I'm here!!

VERY cool about the dining plan! I'm excited for you guys getting to have a date night at the Luau....bottomless drinks....sounds great to me right now :rolleyes:.

Places I would suggest.....

Boma!! If you guys want buffets I would highly suggest this one!

Also 1900 and Crystal Palace dinners are great (my opinion CP is better)

Dan you mentioned liking Rubens....The Wave!! That was one of the BEST ruben sandwiches I had ever had. My friend had a cheeseburger and she said it was awesome too!

Le Cellier - I think it is a wonderful lunch/dinner. My favorite in the '07 trip.

Hoop-Dee-Doo is a lot of fun too if everyone would want to go....not buffet but family style and ALL YOU CAN EAT or DRINK!! :thumbsup2

I'm sure I'll think of more :upsidedow

Candi - Great to see you here!! Can't wait to hear your side of everything too :teeth: I've already told Dan but will tell you (and not like you don't know).....your Parker is PRECIOUS!! I'm due in April and we are having a BOY!! :yay: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

well we already have
ohana,
chef mickeys
crystal palace

probables

espn,
whispering canyone
germany
liberty tree tavern
50's prime time
trails end buffett, since are staying there
and we still need at least 3 or 4 more TS meals

ohh yeah i am going to love me a turkey leggggg
and hun, did you remeber i think the dole whips are a snack credit.

hopefully it wont be too crowded, alot of kids should be in school a little longer.
You've got some good choices here. I can't go without telling you about 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. :banana: :cloud9: This is one of my most favorite places to eat buffet style besides Boma's. :love: Mmmmm, Boma's.
I love that Boma's has so many choices of food that you won't see just anywhere, it sounds like it might be too exotic, but it's not. (I was worried it would be) It still has a lot of normal fare for the less adventurous eaters. But trust me when I say, you won't be disappointed. As far as the crowds....it's an almost garantee it will be fairly crowded. Sorry. :flower3: I would suggest getting Tour Guide Mike (whom I love using), he's spot on! Someone like TGM can help you navigate the parks on which days are least crowded, then you'll know exactly which days to plan where you should eat.

Ok like Dan said. His dad is big on buffets, so i foresee us eating at many buffets during that trip. Which doesnt really excite me cause I am not a big buffet eater. Makes me feel fat after I am done! So hopefully we can convince him of some good quick service meals. Dan is all excited to eat at the Germany buffet. He could eat sausage for every meal if I would let him.

Candi....I'm the same way about buffet's, at least outside of WDW. But there's just something about WDW buffet's (at least the one's I've eatin ate) that by far out does any buffet you've ever had before. Let's see...we've eatin at 1900 Park Fare-breakfast and dinner, Crystal Palace-breakfast, Boma's-dinner. I was impressed by them all, in fact our first day there, we had ressie's for 1900 PF and with everything I read I felt I was taking a real chance on wether we would like it or not. Let's just say we were so impressed with the quality of food and choices it ended up being the biggest surprise of our whole trip and we couldn't wait to try dinner there. :love: :cloud9:

(not a buffet but you can't eat a buffet every day! :laughing:)

Tracy
I am glad to see someone else agrees with me. :thumbsup2
Candi - Great to see you here!! Can't wait to hear your side of everything too :teeth: I've already told Dan but will tell you (and not like you don't know).....your Parker is PRECIOUS!! I'm due in April and we are having a BOY!! :yay: I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
YEA! Congrats on the baby boy! April is a good month. ;) I look forward to providing MY side of the stories in this crazy adventure. It will be quite the vacation with the inlaws and us all together for two WHOLE weeks. LOL...just jking. It will be fun. Parker will have a blast and thats all the matters. If he wants to ride Dumbo over and over again he can.
Candi....I'm the same way about buffet's, at least outside of WDW. But there's just something about WDW buffet's (at least the one's I've eatin ate) that by far out does any buffet you've ever had before. Let's see...we've eatin at 1900 Park Fare-breakfast and dinner, Crystal Palace-breakfast, Boma's-dinner. I was impressed by them all, in fact our first day there, we had ressie's for 1900 PF and with everything I read I felt I was taking a real chance on wether we would like it or not. Let's just say we were so impressed with the quality of food and choices it ended up being the biggest surprise of our whole trip and we couldn't wait to try dinner there. :love: :cloud9:

I do like the buffets, but eating them for every single meal is a little much for this momma. :upsidedow

Ohana is (well, was) my favorite restaurant at WDW! We tried Sanaa at the Kidani Village this trip and it was amazing!! It is only 1 TS and you sit right on the savannah and can see the animals during your meal. You should think about it!

What about Sunshine Seasons?? Although not a TS it does have "nicer" type food- some even cooked to order.

For a good TS, I'd go with The Plaza. Nothing over-the-top fancy, no princesses to wait around for, and in the middle of the action. Quick in EPCOT: Tutto or 9 Dragons AK: Yak and Yeti.

Those are just my ideas; I see you've got a lot of them already...

Good choices! One thing to note though, not all buffet meals translate into a fast in and out. Chef Mickeys took us about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from the time we left the gates of the Magic Kingdom until the we arrived back. It was about a 10 min travel time, 10 min wait for our photo, 30 min wait for a table, a good 90 min before all the characters made it to our table, 10 min nature break, 10-15 min wait for a monorail, 15 min ride back around the lagoon.

Ohana was also a 2-3 hour meal.

I was little surprised by how long each meal took, but I would do them again in a heartbeat.

WCC, Les Cellier and Mama Melrose were our fastest TS meals.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.
well, both of those meals are going to be on days when we are not going in parks.

we will not leave a park to eat somewhere else, so that is where i meant that we would be looking more for fast buffet type meals inside the parks, my dad hates down time int eh parks.

they actually suggested les cellier so we might be eating there.

Okay I am posting before I am on page 77:lmao:

:welcome:

:laughing:

were not to 77 yet, maybe in a few weeks.:thumbsup2
:surfweb:

I'm not a buffet person myself, but I'm trying Boma for the first time because everyone says to...

If you can't hit Boma, Tusker House has a similar flavor profile in alot of their dishes as Boma does.

Other choices keeping Parker and the impatient one (;)) in mind:

Captains Grille at the Yacht Club-rarely busy
Teppan Edo
The Wave

Haven't eaten at Capts Grille or The Wave but have heard good things about both.
i asked them about boma last night and my dad said nope, no weird food.

i really want teppan edo, but it does not show up for the restraunts listed under the 2010 dinning plan.

I've only eaten at ESPN once. Loved it!!!
We LOVE Ohana (dinner)!!!
Only 2 of us in my family enjoy Biergarten. Me and my Daughter.

You've got some pretty good choices going, can't wait to see how it finally turns out. Decisions, decisions! :rotfl:
me too, im making up a big calander today so we can fill it in tomorrow.

Jordan sent me!!

Is he getting some sort of referral fee for this?? :rotfl: Seriously, though, I"m subbing so I can find this later... Off to feed the ravenous animals I call my children. Be back soon!
yep my continued friendship.

j/k:goodvibes

just a good dis bud helping out another dis bud.

oh and my wife loved the title to your TR inyour signature, she was cracking up and we read through the first chapter last night, it was great, i look forward to reading more of it.

I love that Liberty Tree Tavern is on your list, I really enjoyed my meal there last year. So very yummy. :thumbsup2
i could just eat plats of the mac and cheese there.
As for more suggestions...hmmm. I think you got most of the buffets covered. But for a quick ADR, what about The Plaza in MK? I hear that one can be pretty quick to eat at....??
I was going to suggest that, but had already listed too many places I haven't eaten yet...:)
I think we are too alike sometimes. I can give a full report in January after I have eaten there. I'll get my stop watch out. ;) :thumbsup2
I may have to change an ADR to try this place out as well.
huh, will look at the menu, but we are very big fans of cosmic rays and pecos bills in Mk for CS meals.

The Reuben there has my name all over it.
::yes::

if it has reuben i am there.

I really love Boma for Breakfast , I loved the Biergarten buffet , they had a roast carved pork that wasthe best pork ever had !!! My DGS LOVED Teppon Edo ,he was fascinated with the food being cooked at the table !! Jordan andI and som others are gonna eat at the Wave in Feb !!!
do you guys if teppon edu is on the plan for 2010, everything i have seen it is not.
:confused3

i think parke would get a kick of that as well all the cooking in front of him.

HEY! :wave: I'm here!!

VERY cool about the dining plan! I'm excited for you guys getting to have a date night at the Luau....bottomless drinks....sounds great to me right now :rolleyes:.

Places I would suggest.....

Boma!! If you guys want buffets I would highly suggest this one!

:welcome: glad you came over,
i am really pumped about the luau

another boma, even with all the suggestions for it i still dont think my dad will go for it all.

Also 1900 and Crystal Palace dinners are great (my opinion CP is better)

Dan you mentioned liking Rubens....The Wave!! That was one of the BEST ruben sandwiches I had ever had. My friend had a cheeseburger and she said it was awesome too!

Le Cellier - I think it is a wonderful lunch/dinner. My favorite in the '07 trip.

Hoop-Dee-Doo is a lot of fun too if everyone would want to go....not buffet but family style and ALL YOU CAN EAT or DRINK!! :thumbsup2

I'm sure I'll think of more :upsidedow
we almost ate at the wave last year, we might seriously try that this year.

we have a crystal palace for breakfast for the pooh characters.

my dad and mom did hte hoop dee doo revue a few years ago and did not care for it too much said it was fun but did not want to go back.

le cellier is high on my moms list

You've got some good choices here. I can't go without telling you about 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian. :banana: :cloud9: This is one of my most favorite places to eat buffet style besides Boma's. :love: Mmmmm, Boma's.
I love that Boma's has so many choices of food that you won't see just anywhere, it sounds like it might be too exotic, but it's not. (I was worried it would be) It still has a lot of normal fare for the less adventurous eaters. But trust me when I say, you won't be disappointed. As far as the crowds....it's an almost garantee it will be fairly crowded. Sorry. :flower3: I would suggest getting Tour Guide Mike (whom I love using), he's spot on! Someone like TGM can help you navigate the parks on which days are least crowded, then you'll know exactly which days to plan where you should eat.
my mom has park far on her list of stuff

well the only thing i would use the TGM for is the best days for the which park, so if anyone has one and can just look that up for me, it would save me from buying it.

:thumbsup2

I look forward to providing MY side of the stories in this crazy adventure. It will be quite the vacation with the inlaws and us all together for two WHOLE weeks. LOL...just jking.

hey i tell the truth, i do look forward to hearing my wifes side of the stories.

i have a tendency to kind of tune things out she picks up things i miss.
:guilty:

Ohana is (well, was) my favorite restaurant at WDW! We tried Sanaa at the Kidani Village this trip and it was amazing!! It is only 1 TS and you sit right on the savannah and can see the animals during your meal. You should think about it!
we lloooooveeee ohana,
never heard of sanaa, have to look at there menu.

What about Sunshine Seasons?? Although not a TS it does have "nicer" type food- some even cooked to order.

For a good TS, I'd go with The Plaza. Nothing over-the-top fancy, no princesses to wait around for, and in the middle of the action. Quick in EPCOT: Tutto or 9 Dragons AK: Yak and Yeti.

Those are just my ideas; I see you've got a lot of them already...
sunshine is a good CS place, that might be where we end up for lunch, or we also like some of the CS places around the countries, i might suggest to them that we just kinda get CS places as we travel around the world at epcot

Oh goodie, you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2

Wish I could help you out here....when you purchase the use of the TGM site your asked to be on the honor system and not share the information. Other wise I would have given you the information in a heartbeat.
I'm sure there are other sites out there that people can use just for that purpose, anyone know what's free out there for Dan concerning crowd levels in the parks????

Hello!!! I made it over here!! I am so excited for your ptr and then tr!! Woohoo!! :woohoo: Man, if we ever got our boys together, I think women would just pass out because they couldn't handle the cuteness overload! Landon is also such a flirt!!

So I see lots of you agree on Bomas. I've told Dan before and he knows I am not a fan of "different" food. Looking at their menu just now didn't change my mind any. I would have to agree with the father in law on this one and turn it down. Same with the Sanaa restaurant as well. African food just doesnt do it for me. I wouldnt want to eat there and be disappointed bc there wasnt anything I liked. Sorry hun, wifey is making a decision and we will have to pass on this area to eat. Already there has been some arguments between the hubby and the inlaws about the schedule of when we are doing things and where we are eating. I choose to stay as far away as possible during the whole "planning" phase as not to get myself in trouble and say things I shouldn't! :rolleyes1 I know Dan will do his best to make this a wonderful trip. Last year, when they took Dans sister and her family, they had to go back to the Magic Kingdom because her son didn't get to ride Dumbo or many of the kiddie rides the first time they were there bc they were to busy doing the adult things. I will make sure that that won't be the case this trip. If I have to stay back to make sure Parker gets to ride his rides and do the things we wants I will. It doesnt matter to me if I get to ride the adult rides or not. Just being there makes me happy. As my dad says...."It is what it is." Well, I could go on and on but I should end this for now. I tend to go alittle over board on the typing sometimes. Sorry to those my blabbing bores. Just dont hit your head on the computer if you fall asleep! LOL...:surfweb:

Oh goodie, you won't be disappointed. :thumbsup2

Wish I could help you out here....when you purchase the use of the TGM site your asked to be on the honor system and not share the information. Other wise I would have given you the information in a heartbeat.
I'm sure there are other sites out there that people can use just for that purpose, anyone know what's free out there for Dan concerning crowd levels in the parks????
i did not know that about hte TGM site.

yes any help from anyone that could help me with this would be great.

Hello!!! I made it over here!! I am so excited for your ptr and then tr!! Woohoo!! :woohoo: Man, if we ever got our boys together, I think women would just pass out because they couldn't handle the cuteness overload! Landon is also such a flirt!!
:welcome: glad to have you over here, they would be fainting as they walked by.
:lmao:

hope you have a great christmas with your little guy.

So I see lots of you agree on Bomas. I've told Dan before and he knows I am not a fan of "different" food. Looking at their menu just now didn't change my mind any. I would have to agree with the father in law on this one and turn it down. Same with the Sanaa restaurant as well. African food just doesnt do it for me. I wouldnt want to eat there and be disappointed bc there wasnt anything I liked. Sorry hun, wifey is making a decision and we will have to pass on this area to eat. Already there has been some arguments between the hubby and the inlaws about the schedule of when we are doing things and where we are eating. I choose to stay as far away as possible during the whole "planning" phase as not to get myself in trouble and say things I shouldn't! :rolleyes1 I know Dan will do his best to make this a wonderful trip. Last year, when they took Dans sister and her family, they had to go back to the Magic Kingdom because her son didn't get to ride Dumbo or many of the kiddie rides the first time they were there bc they were to busy doing the adult things. I will make sure that that won't be the case this trip. If I have to stay back to make sure Parker gets to ride his rides and do the things we wants I will. It doesnt matter to me if I get to ride the adult rides or not. Just being there makes me happy. As my dad says...."It is what it is." Well, I could go on and on but I should end this for now. I tend to go alittle over board on the typing sometimes. Sorry to those my blabbing bores. Just dont hit your head on the computer if you fall asleep! LOL...:surfweb:
yep i will take care of the parents hun, and believe me, parker will get to ride his rides, even if i dont get to ride the big rides i dont care, the little man comes first.

my sister had to feel so bad when her son was leaving MK that first night and crying saying mommy i didnt get to ride dumbo...

parker will be leaving saying, i cant believe i road everything i wanted.
:yay:

First I would call Disney Dining on Teppan Edo !!The only restaurnts in a park not on DDP are the one in Epcot I think it begins with a B and sounds French:lmao:and Rain forsest Cafe in AK !! TE was on ddp in September !!As for Boma try the breakfast it is an awesome buffet !! I too am not into the "weird" foods !! Even though Winkers and Jordan have convinced me to try Kouzzinas !!!:rotfl2:I also like Tony's at MK !! The Lady&Tramp fountain is very cute !!

Every year near the end of the calendar year, WDW negotiates contracts with all their 3rd party restaurants. They can't list them on the dining plan until the contracts are signed. So expect Teppan Edo and other Epcot restaurants to start showing up in January. Although I have heard a rumor that TE will not be on the DDP this year.

I think Jordan had mentioned Captains Grille. The family and I ate there in 08.
Very nice and pretty quiet. Menu was pretty varied and sevice was good. :thumbsup2

It is a short walk or boat ride from EPCOT so that could be a plus.

i will totally admit i thought the squirts meant something else, especially with all your talk of chili. :lmao:

and over here in squirtz-ville, it means something altogether unique and different. Things vary by region.

Oh dear! Here we go again....

:rotfl:

well we already have
ohana,
chef mickeys
crystal palace

probables

espn,
whispering canyone
germany
liberty tree tavern
50's prime time
trails end buffett, since are staying there

and we still need at least 3 or 4 more TS meals

Ok a couple of things, as others have said, just because it is a buffet I would NOT count on it being any faster than sit down service. At all. Our experience was actually longer at times depending on the location.

Biergarten is good, if you do want to see the show, which I recommend timing your reservation around, I'd factor the time in for that.

My DH loved the Turkey leg, that thing is HUGE!

Also, the Teppan Edo rumor was there last year too but it ended up on the plan so just check again in Jan. It was a huge hit with my family.

Trails End has been getting pretty mixed reviews, if you are going to go to WCC I'd skip it as the food is kind of similar. If you haven't seen HDDR it is a GREAT family event, and meal and absolutely worth the 2 credits. For me I'd take that over WCC.

For buffets, I'd check out the Cape May Dinner Buffet. Short walk from Epcot WS so not really losing any park time and it gets really good reviews.

PTC is good, very good.

The DDP rocks, congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm sure you've already gotten lots of suggestions as i'm late but i will still share mine.

MK - the only ADR i'd suggest here is crystal palace but you've already got that taken care of.

EPCOT - teppan edo if you like hibachi is always fun. we also ate at rose and crown once and we loved it. ray especially liked the beer flight there. le cellier is always popular. although for us it's not a must-do - we just don't think it's as good as everyone else does. :laughing:

DHS - sci-fi dine-in theater. parker would love this i think. the burgers and shakes are good. and 50's prime time is always fun. the food is so-so in my opinion but it's more about the experience. if you do the fantasmic dining package i'd go with mama melrose. i hear bad things about the food at hollywood & vine and it takes 2 credits to go to hollywood brown derby.

AK - tusker house, tusker house and tusker house! we had breakfast here last year and it was soooooo good! great characters and great food - what more do you want? but remember that the characters aren't there at lunch and dinner.

resort restaurants - kona is always a favorite for us. i've had both breakfast and dinner there and both are always very good. 1900 park fare was really fun, too. the characters (cinderella, prince charming, the evil stepmother and stepsisters) there are hysterical and i bet parker flirting with the stepsisters would be SO funny! boma was really good. they have some very unusual things but also just "normal" food too.

well, those are the ones i can think of right now. good luck! and how exciting to be adding the DDP! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter