Squirts, Shirts, & Flirts...The Legend Continues (TR started 6-23)

Chapter 2. Pre FoooooooDDDDDD talk.

Well, if you guys were reading everything, that my sweet lovely wife was writing in her first post, you would have seen that she spilled the beans about our dinning i was going to suprise you guys with.

But if you did not then here we go.

Growing up and even trips of late, we never did the dinning plan with my folks. My dad does not like to take extra time out of parks and such to sit down to meals, we are an eat and go type of family....

Well that seems to have changed.

Now we always do some sit downs, like we always do Chef Mickeys, and my dad loves O'hana, so those are for certain meals, and recently we have also done Whispering Canyon on trips.

So last weekend when our 180 day window to start booking arrived, i set him up with the website to go online and book the meals, we fly by the seat of pants with them so playing the weather that far out and not knowing when we would be where, he booked 1 meal for chef mickey and ohana the first week, and 1 meal for each the second week.

Fair enough we were hoping that we would go to each the first week and then talk him into going to them again the second week.

Now also last week i mentioned how it would be fun to eat at the crystal palace for a breakfast characters with pooh and get into the park early for that.

I guess he agreeded because he booked that meal for a breakfast.

Okay great.

We are moving along very nice...candi and i thought that was all of the meals, well besides our CS that we would do around WDW.

Well, then we were looking at doing the luau, just candi and i, and leave parker with grandparents for the night, so we could have anight out, candi was pumped about this and digging the all you could drink part of the evening, im not going to lie i was excited as well, bottomless beer, and pirate punch,:drinking1:drinking:

well, he calls me monday and says just wait on booking it, he is looking into something at AAA. okay :confused3 i was clueless and no idea what he was talking about.

So tuesday rolls around and pops calls and says hey were are you, i say going to the store, he says okay ill meet you inside the doors. okay, me still clueless

well we get inside, and he says he mom and i just signed us up for the dinning plan for disney.

my reaction.
:upsidedow

i could not believe it.

then he says how normally when we camp, there are alot of days when we have to go back to the camper and eat, and waste time and what not, so now we dont have to worry about it and your mother doesnt have to cook at all at the camper on vacation, and you can use hte dinning plan for the luau.

:yay::banana:

another bonus is that we always buy our tickets ahead of time, we get the 10 day tickets with the no expieration clause on them, and would have used 5 days on them and then we save the unused ones for next trip, we dont go in the parks each day.

but to get the dinning plan, he has to buy us a 1 day ticket...so we get another day on our tickets also.:cheer2:

this is just turning out gravy for candi and I.

so this saturday they are suppose to come over and we are going to book the rest of our dinning stuff.....how exciting is it going to be to do that many days of food planning.
::yes::

Note: he is still not going to want to spend alot of time at TS meals waiting for food, so more than likely we will be doing alot of buffet meals in the parks so we dong have to wait around for a long time for it to come out...

So if you guys have any suggestions we will take them into consideration along with what we are already thinking.

Sorry there were no pictures in this post.

Ok like Dan said. His dad is big on buffets, so i foresee us eating at many buffets during that trip. Which doesnt really excite me cause I am not a big buffet eater. Makes me feel fat after I am done! So hopefully we can convince him of some good quick service meals. Dan is all excited to eat at the Germany buffet. He could eat sausage for every meal if I would let him.

Dan and I definetly want to try the big turkey leg this trip too. Of the past three trips we have been down there, we havent gotten one. If it was my choice I wouldnt be going down here during this time of the year, but my mother in law has to work around her school schedule so we had no other choice. I loved going there last year during the holidays, the crowds were light and I am a HUGE Christmas fan. The lights, music, holiday goodies just put me in a good mood.

Planning meals is one of most favorite parts of trip planning. What are your choices?
well we already have
ohana,
chef mickeys
crystal palace

probables

espn,
whispering canyone
germany
liberty tree tavern
50's prime time
trails end buffett, since are staying there

and we still need at least 3 or 4 more TS meals

Ok like Dan said. His dad is big on buffets, so i foresee us eating at many buffets during that trip. Which doesnt really excite me cause I am not a big buffet eater. Makes me feel fat after I am done! So hopefully we can convince him of some good quick service meals. Dan is all excited to eat at the Germany buffet. He could eat sausage for every meal if I would let him.

Dan and I definetly want to try the big turkey leg this trip too. Of the past three trips we have been down there, we havent gotten one. If it was my choice I wouldnt be going down here during this time of the year, but my mother in law has to work around her school schedule so we had no other choice. I loved going there last year during the holidays, the crowds were light and I am a HUGE Christmas fan. The lights, music, holiday goodies just put me in a good mood.

ohh yeah i am going to love me a turkey leggggg

and hun, did you remeber i think the dole whips are a snack credit.

hopefully it wont be too crowded, alot of kids should be in school a little longer.

YAY for the Disney Dining Plan!! I really enjoy the idea of my meals being paid for ahead of time!!

Your list so far looks great and I can't wait to hear a reveiw of Biergarten! I am strangely fascinated by it yet not brave enough to try it....yet!!!

And hello Candi...Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! Hmmm...a turkey leg sounds good right about now!

I was going to suggest Biergarten too...if not just for the liter of beer ;)
One of my new favorites is The Wave at the Contemporary...excellent food and easy trip on monorail from MK. (not a buffet but you can't eat a buffet every day! :laughing:)
A buffet I never miss is Boma...either dinner or breakfast..it is easy to get from AK if you are there for the day.
Primetime might be fun for your parents too :confused3

Tracy

I know what mean about buffets. I really like that you can get in and out easier, but after a while they all look the same. Trip before last we had a lot of buffets towards the end of the trip and I really got tired of them.

YAY for the Disney Dining Plan!! I really enjoy the idea of my meals being paid for ahead of time!!

Your list so far looks great and I can't wait to hear a reveiw of Biergarten! I am strangely fascinated by it yet not brave enough to try it....yet!!!

And hello Candi...Can't wait to hear more about your trip!!! Hmmm...a turkey leg sounds good right about now!
i am really excited for biergarten too, i have not eaten inside for at least 5 years, but had a brat and kruate outside last year...mmmmmmmmm

Boma, Boma, Boma. :thumbsup2
what is there food like, i see everyone eating there, but it might be a tough sell to the family

I was going to suggest Biergarten too...if not just for the liter of beer ;)
One of my new favorites is The Wave at the Contemporary...excellent food and easy trip on monorail from MK. (not a buffet but you can't eat a buffet every day! :laughing:)
A buffet I never miss is Boma...either dinner or breakfast..it is easy to get from AK if you are there for the day.
Primetime might be fun for your parents too :confused3

Tracy
the wave might be a possiblity i will look at there menu

another boma person, what do you guys like about it so much.

also thinking since candi and i are going to use 2 credits on our own for the luau, then my parents should eat somewhere signature so they can use up 2 credits one night as well.
and we will just hang with parker without them for an evening.

I know what mean about buffets. I really like that you can get in and out easier, but after a while they all look the same. Trip before last we had a lot of buffets towards the end of the trip and I really got tired of them.

this really does not trouble my family so much, they like the variety of the buffet, but like candi said you do feel full very full afterwards.

but we will see, maybe we will save all the buffets for the parks, and try and do some sit downs not buffets on non park days.

well we already have
ohana,
chef mickeys
crystal palace

probables

espn,
whispering canyone
germany
liberty tree tavern
50's prime time
trails end buffett, since are staying there
Good choices! One thing to note though, not all buffet meals translate into a fast in and out. Chef Mickeys took us about 2 1/2 - 3 hours from the time we left the gates of the Magic Kingdom until the we arrived back. It was about a 10 min travel time, 10 min wait for our photo, 30 min wait for a table, a good 90 min before all the characters made it to our table, 10 min nature break, 10-15 min wait for a monorail, 15 min ride back around the lagoon.

Ohana was also a 2-3 hour meal.

I was little surprised by how long each meal took, but I would do them again in a heartbeat.

WCC, Les Cellier and Mama Melrose were our fastest TS meals.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

I'm not a buffet person myself, but I'm trying Boma for the first time because everyone says to...

If you can't hit Boma, Tusker House has a similar flavor profile in alot of their dishes as Boma does.

Other choices keeping Parker and the impatient one (;)) in mind:

Captains Grille at the Yacht Club-rarely busy
Teppan Edo
The Wave

Haven't eaten at Capts Grille or The Wave but have heard good things about both.

I've only eaten at ESPN once. Loved it!!!
We LOVE Ohana (dinner)!!!
Only 2 of us in my family enjoy Biergarten. Me and my Daughter.

You've got some pretty good choices going, can't wait to see how it finally turns out. Decisions, decisions! :rotfl:

Jordan sent me!!

Is he getting some sort of referral fee for this?? :rotfl: Seriously, though, I"m subbing so I can find this later... Off to feed the ravenous animals I call my children. Be back soon!

I love that Liberty Tree Tavern is on your list, I really enjoyed my meal there last year. So very yummy. :thumbsup2

As for more suggestions...hmmm. I think you got most of the buffets covered. But for a quick ADR, what about The Plaza in MK? I hear that one can be pretty quick to eat at....??

I love that Liberty Tree Tavern is on your list, I really enjoyed my meal there last year. So very yummy. :thumbsup2

As for more suggestions...hmmm. I think you got most of the buffets covered. But for a quick ADR, what about The Plaza in MK? I hear that one can be pretty quick to eat at....??

I was going to suggest that, but had already listed too many places I haven't eaten yet...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter