Spring Promo Open to Disney Visa Holders

Hi Danny

If I would have stayed with POFQ and gotten the discounted tickets, I would have saved $170.94 for 14 nights. I did not ask for a breakdown for what was a ticket discount and what was room discount. And yes, we both agree that we knew in advance that POFQ would not be discounted (or at least not discounted much) as it seldom is anymore for any offer.

By switching to POR we saved $551.30 on the room portion for 14 nights in June. Since we are staying beyond the promo dates, only my first 10 nights are discounted.

If I would have gotten the tickets, I would have saved an additional $67.64 for two 10 day park hoppers ($33.82 each). Per your ticket chart, I was expecting to save $146.76 on the tickets ($73.38 each). I know $80 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but I also do not like WDW packages. I prefer room only and to get my tickets at a discount from an outside broker (Undercover Tourist). So to answer your question, no, I did not get the tickets.

As for my comment on the other thread about the chart being wrong, you will see that in my case, it was indeed wrong. Does that mean I am not grateful for the information in advance? Of course not. Disappointed that my numbers didn't match up? Yes. Placing the blame on you? Nope. I would never shoot the messenger ;)

Nicely said!

I had a ressie in a LM room at AoA for my 3 kids and I for March 12-17. I asked my TA if I'd save some $$ moving to Pop or what the cost would be to upgrade with this new discount to a Mod. I could save $300 moving to Pop or I could save $80 moving to CSR. So CSR here we come! I'm very excited to upgrade to a Mod and save some money, just a little but every bit counts. I've always wanted to stay at CSR, we were booked there in 2009 for the Marathon weekend and got moved due to overbooking. Kids are so excited to check out the pool!

Allyson:surfweb:

Awesome and congrats !!!!

We were at CSR last year, it is great. And the kids are going to love the pool !

Hi Danny

If I would have stayed with POFQ and gotten the discounted tickets, I would have saved $170.94 for 14 nights. I did not ask for a breakdown for what was a ticket discount and what was room discount. And yes, we both agree that we knew in advance that POFQ would not be discounted (or at least not discounted much) as it seldom is anymore for any offer.

By switching to POR we saved $551.30 on the room portion for 14 nights in June. Since we are staying beyond the promo dates, only my first 10 nights are discounted.

If I would have gotten the tickets, I would have saved an additional $67.64 for two 10 day park hoppers ($33.82 each). Per your ticket chart, I was expecting to save $146.76 on the tickets ($73.38 each). I know $80 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but I also do not like WDW packages. I prefer room only and to get my tickets at a discount from an outside broker (Undercover Tourist). So to answer your question, no, I did not get the tickets.

As for my comment on the other thread about the chart being wrong, you will see that in my case, it was indeed wrong. Does that mean I am not grateful for the information in advance? Of course not. Disappointed that my numbers didn't match up? Yes. Placing the blame on you? Nope. I would never shoot the messenger ;)

Cinderumbrella - We usually do tix through Undercover Tourist too - I booked entire package this time through Disney just assuming there were the tix discounts. I hope I wasn't wrong!! Did you get info that the tix were in fact discounted and at what rate?? My CM on the phone just said that generally yes the tix were discounted but in the package so I guess they don't know??

Cinderumbrella - We usually do tix through Undercover Tourist too - I booked entire package this time through Disney just assuming there were the tix discounts. I hope I wasn't wrong!! Did you get info that the tix were in fact discounted and at what rate?? My CM on the phone just said that generally yes the tix were discounted but in the package so I guess they don't know??

See my post on the previous page for the details of the ticket discount I was quoted. There is a discount & it is slightly more than the UT discount. However it wasn't enough for me to get locked into a vacation package. I prefer the flexibility of room only reservations.

Just called to double check that this promo won't save me any more than the Stay, Play, Dine package I have for March and the CM told me the computers are down and won't be back up for another 2 to 3 hours.

Just FYI in case anyone was getting ready to call.

7 nights at Coronado Springs ~ Jue 3-10th~ 7 day hoppers for 4 ( all adult prices)
for $2540
Price on web site was $3057 so I saved $518:cool1:

We booked BC CV GV for June 7- 14 with 8 day base tickets and regular dining plan. Regular price was $6,681 and with the promo = $5240

for a total of $1,441 savings! If we did regular GV and no CL we would be "saving" $1,100.

Does anyone know if you get Disney rewards when you buy gift cards?

Did anyone get 30% off Beach Club for April?

or CSR at 30%

What was the biggest percentage off room?

Our dates are April 21-25.

We used the visa promo....saved. 20% at all star music....
The ticket discount really is simply making the tickets slightly cheaper than using undercover tourist. BUT, it's still a good savings...we booked myw base. I'd say we saved about 5.00 more per ticket than using it. I think;). Bottom line...this is a good promo. The ticket savings is like getting a 6 day ticket for price of 5

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter