• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Spring Promo Open to Disney Visa Holders

I've been on hold on the AP line for 35 min so far....I might get an answer quicker on here! We have APs - but if the ticket prices are better than UT, it would benefit me to get them with this promo & save them for a time that we don't have AP's. My question is - are the tickets purchased at a discount throught this promo tied to this stay only, or as long as I don't use them, will they be good indefinitely?

You can use them at any time, but if you use one they have to used with in 14 days unless you buy the No experation option.

Gosh, what time are you guys getting through? I have been on hold for 60 minutes, 20 minutes and 40 minutes and nobody picks up. I give up! Maybe I will try later tonight.......I suppose all of the people down there right now are trying to get through too, to make dining reservations, etc.

I called yesterday morning about 9:00 or so and then again during my lunch hour...probably around 12:45. Both of my calls were answered quickly and, on the second call, I was able to get the discount applied. Saved $637!

You can use them at any time, but if you use one they have to used with in 14 days unless you buy the No experation option.

I hung up after being on hold 70 min...I had to go get a shower!

So can anyone think why my plan woudln't work - we have APs so no need for tix - but why not buy them thru this promo IF they're cheaper than UT, to use on a later trip when we don't have APs? It seems to good to be true so I'm afriad I'm not thinking it through properly. Also the room discount would have to be the same or better than the AP discount room only I already have booked. It just seems like a no-brainer since I'm only planning on renewing the AP for myself next time, not the rest of the family. Unless I'm missing something....

We made our reservation only 15 minutes on hold. My CM old me it was 4 hours yesterday!

Anyway we got BC CL GV.... Beach Club, Club Level, garden View. Still not sure about the Club level but there was only 3 available so I grabbed it while I could. June 7-14, 8 day base tickets though it will probably be more like 6 days and regular dining plan.

I just got off. Was on hold for 1 hour and 45 minutes before getting an agent. I had a "special offer" discount when I booked on-line last month and I didn't know how the Disney Visa offer differed. Turns out that I would owe another $200+ to change to the Visa discount. The agent was going to switch everything over until I told her to stop -- I didn't want to pay MORE for a discount. She says "oh, I guess that makes sense, sometimes the discounts don't really save you anything."

Total bust for me for our 5 night BWI stay in March. At least I was busy with work while I sat on hold for so long -- did a conference call, met with my administrative assistant, held a brief meeting with a colleague . . . We all know the Canada song now.

Shaden said:
wow so .... just could have had the discount applied to my package (have moved to Riverside) but I didn't because I didn't want the CM to get in trouble (since I don't actually have a Disney Visa Card since I am Canadian :(

BUT, did find out I will save $900 !!! Assuming I can apply it Jan 3 !!! Pretty dang nice !!!

When you apply it to your package, they charge $200 to your Disney visa. I'm not sure how it could work if the trip was fully paid already, but I'd already made several payments to my previous booking, and when she moved me to a different resort and applied the deal, she still charged the $200 deposit to my disney visa. She said it was required but since I'd already paid more than the deposit, it would just be like a $200 payment.

Sweet deal on the $900 savings, roll on Jan 3rd!

I figure I will get an answer fast here:

anyone know if I apply for the disney visa today, will they let me book with the discount today?

also, if I put the entire trip on the card, and pay it, will I earn rewards on that and have time to redeem then in time for our trip in late April 2013?

I figure I will get an answer fast here:

anyone know if I apply for the disney visa today, will they let me book with the discount today?

also, if I put the entire trip on the card, and pay it, will I earn rewards on that and have time to redeem then in time for our trip in late April 2013?

I would think you'd have to be approved for the card to guarantee being able to book with it today....you have to put the deposit on the Disney VISA, and technically you won't have it (unless you have some sort of instant approval deal in front of you.) It took about 2-3 weeks for mine to be approved & come in the mail.

As far as paying it quickly to earn rewards points faster, it doesn't work that way (as I learned the hard way!) You can pay it off any time before your statement date, however the rewards points will not post to your account until after your statement date has passed. So there is no benefit to paying it off early. Unless this has recently changed, then someone correct me. I did this last year in hopes of having the rewards points to yse for a trip, and found out I still had a good 3 weeks to wait until my statement end dates to earn the points.

I would think you'd have to be approved for the card to guarantee being able to book with it today....you have to put the deposit on the Disney VISA, and technically you won't have it (unless you have some sort of instant approval deal in front of you.) It took about 2-3 weeks for mine to be approved & come in the mail.

As far as paying it quickly to earn rewards points faster, it doesn't work that way (as I learned the hard way!) You can pay it off any time before your statement date, however the rewards points will not post to your account until after your statement date has passed. So there is no benefit to paying it off early. Unless this has recently changed, then someone correct me. I did this last year in hopes of having the rewards points to yse for a trip, and found out I still had a good 3 weeks to wait until my statement end dates to earn the points.

You are correct.....the points are posted once a month after your statement.

We pay ours as we charge because I use the card like a debit card and put my cash in a Chase envelope, then pay it. I don't want one big bill. (. It's psychological for me, that's it). But there's no benefit other than no interest each month. ( which is also a big benefit)

so I I would have to wait for Disney to bill me, at the 45 mark, for my remaining balance? and then, pay it and not get my rewards in time for April 23 (our departure).

I can't open the card, and book a $5K vacation on it and pay for it in the next month? that is furstrating.....

so I I would have to wait for Disney to bill me, at the 45 mark, for my remaining balance? and then, pay it and not get my rewards in time for April 23 (our departure).

I can't open the card, and book a $5K vacation on it and pay for it in the next month? that is furstrating.....

I think you could insist on paying the whole package up front - I don't see why they'd not allow taking the full amount over just the deposit! It would just take some time to apply, get approved & have the card in hand, then you could call that day & book, pay for it in full...you could pay off the card but you'd still have to wait until after your statement closing date to get the points to use. I do think you have time to do all of this before your trip in April. If you apply today & hear back in 2-3 weeks, your statement end date should be, at the latest, 2/28. You'd have your rewards points in your account soon after that.

Ok after 2 days of being on hold endlessly, I found out the trip I have booked for 3/13-19 is cheaper with my current AP discount than with the Disney VISA promo. I should be happy but I wasted all this time on hold! I was just on hold 45 min on the AP line. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

pmaurer74 said:
We made our reservation only 15 minutes on hold. My CM old me it was 4 hours yesterday!

Anyway we got BC CL GV.... Beach Club, Club Level, garden View. Still not sure about the Club level but there was only 3 available so I grabbed it while I could. June 7-14, 8 day base tickets though it will probably be more like 6 days and regular dining plan.

Congrats! We are trying for beach club (not club level) for mid-may. Hope there are still some left (had to wait to call due to work, etc)! But we do have a question- one of the rooms will be the "grandmas"- one is a florida resident and one is not- would they let us split the promo on that room, or would the discounted tickets be even cheaper than her florida resident discount?

Just called and waited on hold for about 20 minutes. Ended up saving $330 on our POR stay next June so it was worth it. :cool1: :banana: :thumbsup2 :)

idk maybe's it's just me....

but when I booked my stay last night I had the cm break down the cost with tickets and without. A 5 day park hopper turned out to be $318 with this promo and the same ticket on UT is $319?

Then he priced out 5 day base tickets and said they were $259 and UT has a price of $269, I guess it's a savings, but I just went room only because I'd rather be able to have the option of being able to cancel 5 days before the trip just in case the unthinkable happens.

idk maybe's it's just me....

but when I booked my stay last night I had the cm break down the cost with tickets and without. A 5 day park hopper turned out to be $318 with this promo and the same ticket on UT is $319?

Then he priced out 5 day base tickets and said they were $259 and UT has a price of $269, I guess it's a savings, but I just went room only because I'd rather be able to have the option of being able to cancel 5 days before the trip just in case the unthinkable happens.

I did the same thing. The ticket discount was nothing like it was promoted to be.

I did the same thing. The ticket discount was nothing like it was promoted to be.

I mean if UT didn't exist then the discount would be better, but I always order my tickets through them and have always had a good experience. :thumbsup2

We're also room only at this point. I did save $330 with the Visa discount for our June POR trip. I'm currently on hold to see what the ticket discount is. Judging from what I've read here I'm not expecting much.

Just used this to book a regular room at Coronado Springs June 4th-12th for two adults and three children (11, 9, 2) with 7day MYW plus water park tickets. On the Disney website it would be $3264.31 and we paid $2674.12 for a savings of $590.19 or about 18 percent. The ticket discount didn't work out to be as much as I had figured but we will take what we can get.

Quote for Wilderness Lodge for the same trip was $3750.92 and for Beach Club $3824.12. Want to stay Deluxe just not sure it is worth the $1100 extra.

Thanks for letting us know the discount was available!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter