Spring Break Survival Thread

aroundtheriverbend said:
Is there a better meal at Ralph Brennan's on a weekday (breakfast, lunch, or dinner)? Thanks.

I dont think Brennans (the restaurant, not the takeout window) serves breakfast.

We've had lunch and dinner - bkth have been good.

:wave2: We are practically neighbours. We are in Surrey. We are flying (Air Alaska).

THanks for all the tips. :) My kids have been looking at the Disneyland app and my 9 year old really wants to see WOC so we definitely will be seeing that. We have a 5 day park hopper so I hope to see as much as well can . my girls already have a list of rides they want to go on. I am wanting to do one character meal but haven't decided which one yet. When DH and I went many years ago we went to the one in Plaza Inn so I am thinking of a different one this time.

We did Minnie's last time as well. The kids loved it. We're still talking about whether we should try a different one or the same, if we go at all. It was a lot of fun so I think we should... dh has a hard time justifying the cost ;)

Just made our first reservation for the WOC package at Wine Country on Easter - they responded back within 30 minutes, this is so awesome!! :cool1::cool1: SO much easier than WDW!

Ok so I just noticed - and this may be a typo - in the last showing days of March on the Disney site park hours, extra morning hours appear to be 2 hours vs. 1 hour.... but it doesn't appear to occur on the weekends. This is going to end up being a love/hate thing if it stretches into our trip - love the thought of 2 hours with low crowds, but holy cow that may start at 6am! :faint:

Editing this on Friday - looks like they've removed the 2 hour windows, must have been a mistake.

Been super quiet around here, hope everyone is doing well! I've only got one more day of dining requests to do, so far we've gotten everything with no problems!

Been super quiet around here, hope everyone is doing well! I've only got one more day of dining requests to do, so far we've gotten everything with no problems!

we are doing great! I made our last ressie yesterday for my DD bday trip! got everything we wanted :dance3: just waiting for our 30 day window now to make fantasmic and tour ressies

we are doing great! I made our last ressie yesterday for my DD bday trip! got everything we wanted :dance3: just waiting for our 30 day window now to make fantasmic and tour ressies

Same here...hoping to book Walk in Walt's Footsteps. Hoping that the tours don't sell out too fast, as calling at 11 AM my time will be really hard during the week. Is "one month" a calendar month, or is it 30 days? With a short month like Feb., that makes a difference...

Same here...hoping to book Walk in Walt's Footsteps. Hoping that the tours don't sell out too fast, as calling at 11 AM my time will be really hard during the week. Is "one month" a calendar month, or is it 30 days? With a short month like Feb., that makes a difference...

we are going to do that one too ! I just called it is 30 days!!!

Just curious... am I the only one who's "winging it"? We may make a reservation for a character breakfast but other than that, I'm not really planning any meals. I find it too stressful to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time. I would much rather just go with the flow and if we happen to be in DCA at dinner time, we'll hit the nearest restaurant and eat. It seems like most have every meal reserved and planned ahead. Am I the only one who doesn't? :confused3

SweetAlex said:
Just curious... am I the only one who's "winging it"? We may make a reservation for a character breakfast but other than that, I'm not really planning any meals. I find it too stressful to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time. I would much rather just go with the flow and if we happen to be in DCA at dinner time, we'll hit the nearest restaurant and eat. It seems like most have every meal reserved and planned ahead. Am I the only one who doesn't? :confused3

Don't worry, we're the same way! We had one reservation on our last trip, and it was too stressful to try to plan our evening around it.

I just booked our hotel tonight! :banana: We'll be staying at the Castle Inn & Suites! I can't believe it, it's finally happening! We had a trip planned and it was cancelled a few times, so this is VERY exciting!

I made my DH sit and look at menus to get a feel for where he'd like to eat (and I have a list) but it won't be the end of the world if we don't eat at the places I have planned. You may not be in the right part of the park when your belly gives a little rumble! lol. And we aren't making reservations of any kind. I prefer to eat at counter service places anyway. Much cheaper :thumbsup2
But I like knowing how much certain restaurants are and what sort of food they serve, so I was a little obsessive about the menus, haha. :rotfl:

Carla, I would only worry about making ressies if you really want to eat somewhere! when the parks are busier the stand by time gets crazy long! we go with the flow most of the time too, but have our favorites we know we want to eat at!

I'm not worried about it at all :thumbsup2. People just vacay differently. To me, I want to be able to go and do what we want and not have to worry about rushing back to a certain place to make a reservation. So much easier and less stressful to me. We did it last time this way and honestly, it worked out just fine, nice and easy and we never had problems finding somewhere to eat either. It was February mind you but I think the week we are going in March should be okay. It's not Christmas at least! :santa:

And yes, we do it for cost savings too :). I can't believe how much many of these sit down places are! A special dinner or two is one thing but lunch and dinner every night... ? Yikes! I'd be living on the streets when I got home.

When we go to WDW I have ADRs and notecards of what to do and when to do it. For our DL trip, I have a couple of dinner reservations, but that's it! I am hoping that with 5 days and early hours we will be able to enjoy everything without me being so scheduled. We'll see! :lmao:

I'm only getting one reservation for the Blue Bayou because it's important to us. Other than that we wing it. We eat where we're near unless it's crazy busy or something.:goodvibes

I make all kinds of reservations and then wing it ;) If we feel like it, we go. If not, we cancel. No penalties for cancelling so no reason not to make some. My family looks forward to certain places to eat as much as some rides.

I make all kinds of reservations and then wing it ;) If we feel like it, we go. If not, we cancel. No penalties for cancelling so no reason not to make some. My family looks forward to certain places to eat as much as some rides.

Same here - makes me more relaxed knowing I have the reservation in my back pocket and it's easy to call and cancel. With a bunch of little kids though, we try to make our reservation - table service and not having to wait (as long) for a table is VERY important to me. Made our reservations for Blue Bayou for the first time - excited! Fingers crossed for a waterside table!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter