Spring Break Survival Thread

haha thanks, i think it was the who's going in March thread im getting confused with :)

I'm doing the same thing :rotfl:

made my first dining ressie for our trip today! so excited I got what I wanted!

Me too! We'll be in CA April 16-21, and have 4 day park hoppers we'll use the 17-20. We're staying at the Fairfield Inn.

We're hoping the crowds aren't too bad, but considering our last visit to the DLR was between Christmas & New Years 3 years ago (with only 3 days in the parks) and we still had a great time, I'm thinking that 4 days during spring break won't be too bad. And hopefully, like someone said earlier, this will be a less busy spring break week.

I'm very excited, but we haven't told our kids yet (will let them know a couple of weeks before we go since 2 of the 3 don't do well with surprises & sudden changes in plans & routines) so I get my Disney fix here. :)

Looking forward Soring Break too! Since we are going from Monday to Friday, I hope Fantasmic will be showing at least once. I doubt if we will have fireworks. (;week of april 15). Yah Spring breakers!!!

tbgmom said:
Me too! We'll be in CA April 16-21, and have 4 day park hoppers we'll use the 17-20. We're staying at the Fairfield Inn.

We're hoping the crowds aren't too bad, but considering our last visit to the DLR was between Christmas & New Years 3 years ago (with only 3 days in the parks) and we still had a great time, I'm thinking that 4 days during spring break won't be too bad. And hopefully, like someone said earlier, this will be a less busy spring break week.

I'm very excited, but we haven't told our kids yet (will let them know a couple of weeks before we go since 2 of the 3 don't do well with surprises & sudden changes in plans & routines) so I get my Disney fix here. :)

DH & myself are going same time April 16-19 & staying at Fairfield Inn also!!
This is our first trip to DL, been to DW plenty of times.

So, now that the dining ressies are getting made, what are everyone's plans?

We have Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (there is no word in any language to express my excitement), Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, a character breakfast at the Plaza Inn, and possibly Jazz Kitchen (arrival night) planned.

So, now that the dining ressies are getting made, what are everyone's plans?

We have Chef's Counter at Napa Rose (there is no word in any language to express my excitement), Carthay Circle, Blue Bayou, a character breakfast at the Plaza Inn, and possibly Jazz Kitchen (arrival night) planned.

you will LOVE Napa rose!
we are planning:
Steakhouse 55 for DD bday dinner - booked
Storytellers for Easter breakfast
Fantasmic dessert party
Goofy's Kitchen for dinner
Carnation Cafe for lunch

my DD isn't into waiting in lines for the characters much anymore, so I get sneaky and book character meals :thumbsup2

we thought about Carthay Circle, but not much on the menu appealed to us...LOVE Blue Bayou too, but did that last trip and Minnies
breakfast is fun too!

for those of you travelling mid April...the parks should be a bit quieter since its a couple weeks after Easter!

We aren't doing any sit down meals. I tossed around the idea of a character breakfast, but my DD has never been and I don't want to waste all that money if she freaks out and we have to leave lol

I'll be staying at the Ramada Maingate for 2 nights, but only have one park day on 3/21. I'm hoping it will be before the Spring Break crowds really arrive in force :goodvibes

So far, here's what we're thinking for dining (our first day is 3/31, so I can start booking these tomorrow!):

3/31 (Easter dinner) - World of Color dinner - Wine Trattoria
4/1 Blue Bayou lunch
4/2 lunch Big Thunder Ranch
4/3 - Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen (I think exposing the kids to a jazz bar type environment would be pretty cool)
4/4 lunch - Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans
4/5 - lunch - Carthay Circle?

Any inputs on these from anyone? Is Carthay Circle any good? Would you prefer Carnation or Cafe Orleans? Thanks!

So far, here's what we're thinking for dining (our first day is 3/31, so I can start booking these tomorrow!):

3/31 (Easter dinner) - World of Color dinner - Wine Trattoria
4/1 Blue Bayou lunch
4/2 lunch Big Thunder Ranch
4/3 - Ralph Brennan Jazz Kitchen (I think exposing the kids to a jazz bar type environment would be pretty cool)
4/4 lunch - Carnation Cafe or Cafe Orleans
4/5 - lunch - Carthay Circle?

Any inputs on these from anyone? Is Carthay Circle any good? Would you prefer Carnation or Cafe Orleans? Thanks!

another vote from Carnation Cafe...their potato soup and turkey sandwich on pretzel bread is so YUMMY! get it everytime :thumbsup2

count us in. We will be there. Our tip.....sleep in and arrive late :rotfl2: Seriously get there early though. Knock out as much as you can by noon.

We're going April 11-14 and will be in a Kids' Suite at HoJo. DH has a conference that same time period so we can get discounted tickets and he can write off some of the costs of the hotel/meal expenses. Hooray!

I'm a little nervous as we went Sept 2011 and it was much emptier then. Plus, this time DDs are likely going to be more courageous and willing to try more rides!

We will be there from March 14-21 and staying at the HOJO. Following along since any tips or help is great. :) Last time I was there was in 2000. :eek: Hope since we are at the beginning of Spring Break it won't be as bad.

We will be there from March 14-21 and staying at the HOJO. Following along since any tips or help is great. :) Last time I was there was in 2000. :eek: Hope since we are at the beginning of Spring Break it won't be as bad.

:wave2: We'll be there the same time as you and are also from BC (Langley). Where abouts do you live? Are you flying or driving?

You will have so much fun! There is so much to see and do. I recommend reading through the stickies at the top of the board. Other than that, it really depends on how you like to vacation. Many people on here prefer to plan every detail as they want to squeeze in as much as possible. Others, like us, prefer to plan a couple of things but other than that, just take the days as they come. I find it too stressful to have every meal and every ride planned.

Things that are good to familiarize yourself with are things like the Fastpass system, restaurant options, scheduled events, attractions, etc. It can all be searched for on here or go right to Disney's site too. Carsland wasn't open yet when we last went so we're so excited to see that.

I highly recommend the Aladdin show. We all loved it! World of Colour is good, but lots of planning is needed. We're going to skip it this year and see Fantasmic! instead. WOC is worth seeing once though.

:wave2: We'll be there the same time as you and are also from BC (Langley). Where abouts do you live? Are you flying or driving?

You will have so much fun! There is so much to see and do. I recommend reading through the stickies at the top of the board. Other than that, it really depends on how you like to vacation. Many people on here prefer to plan every detail as they want to squeeze in as much as possible. Others, like us, prefer to plan a couple of things but other than that, just take the days as they come. I find it too stressful to have every meal and every ride planned.

Things that are good to familiarize yourself with are things like the Fastpass system, restaurant options, scheduled events, attractions, etc. It can all be searched for on here or go right to Disney's site too. Carsland wasn't open yet when we last went so we're so excited to see that.

I highly recommend the Aladdin show. We all loved it! World of Colour is good, but lots of planning is needed. We're going to skip it this year and see Fantasmic! instead. WOC is worth seeing once though.

:wave2: We are practically neighbours. We are in Surrey. We are flying (Air Alaska).

THanks for all the tips. :) My kids have been looking at the Disneyland app and my 9 year old really wants to see WOC so we definitely will be seeing that. We have a 5 day park hopper so I hope to see as much as well can . my girls already have a list of rides they want to go on. I am wanting to do one character meal but haven't decided which one yet. When DH and I went many years ago we went to the one in Plaza Inn so I am thinking of a different one this time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter