Spring Break Survival Thread

Yay for you on the view! We requested PP view, but we'll see what we get - arriving late on a Monday may not give us the best choices. Needing some pixiedust:

Maybe we'll run into you, aroundtheriverbend. I have a pink Minnie-head lanyard with a green Mickey head hanging from it... what are the odds?

How was the first day? Crowds, etc.?

Forgot to mention before that DH and I will be dining by ourselves at Napa Rose on Friday night for our 27th anniversary. :lovestruc:love: I'm very much looking forward to that!

See ya real soon!

Crowds actually not that bad yet - we were expecting total chaos bit outside of radiator springs racers it was very manageable! We got there at 6:30 for EMH to get on RSR, we were about 50 in line - and they delayed the opening of the ride for 45 min. Sigh. But that ride is so Awesome!!! We left after lunch and came back at 4:30. Outside of the RSR delay, we never waited more than 20 min for anything, but we did postpone toy story for another day as it was 40 min and we had fast passes for something else. Had excellent spot for WOC.

At DL today, so far lines are good but that could of course change.

Congrats on your anniversary!! Napa Rose looks amazing!!!!!

I'll watch for the Mickey lanyard :). Ya never know! We're all kind o bland today.

Lol, I take the crowd comment back, we just walked into fantasyland, yikes. Just realized a lot of the headliners like Matterhorn don't have fast passes...

We arrived easily yesterday. Everything from flight to ground transport to hotel check-in went so smoothly.

The Fairfield is nice, clean and comfortable. It's not fancy, but the room is very clean and the beds are very comfortable. We are on the 5th floor facing HOJO - the fireworks were right outside our room! We were able to check-in and get our room at noon when we arrived. We unpacked, swam, ate lunch and hit DCA by 3:00. It's an easy, quick walk to the park. I was surprise as the park was not as crowded as I had expected.

DH and DS (10yo) are still sleeping. I can't remember the last time DS was still sleeping at 8am! So much for an early start! Oh well, we are on vacation!

Almost forgot - Disneyland Resort Transport was GREAT! Easy pick-up outside baggage claim. The driver was great. Drop-offs were timely. We were the second drop after the Disneyland Hotel. I hope the return to the airport is as smooth!

Good to hear pnwsurfer, we'll be checking into the Fairfield Inn.........200 hours!! (Yes, I'm that excited to go haha). Fingers crossed we get a room view as awesome as yours!

DD24 & DS19 treated DF & DM trip next week. What great kids! So excited!

We are now just 34 hours away from taking off from Boston!! I can't believe it's actually here!! :hyper: I suppose I should start packing.....:rotfl2:

Oh man, what a first day! We are here for 5 days and will do m,t,t,f at Dl and w at DCA. It is our first time at DCA. Dl was just great today. The weather was the very definition of perfect. Mid-70's and a few puffy clouds in the sky. Our shuttle from Peacock Suits came at 7:40 and it was a 7 min trip. We were in line around 8. Too early I know (our mm is th) but we wanted to do rope drop and it was worth it! Indiana Jones was first, but oh no! Delayed opening! So we went to Pirates with a 30 second wait! Then I doubled back to Indiana to get FP tickets and as I did the ride opened and we did stand by and ended riding twice today. Can't complain. Throw in Star Tours, Splash Mountian, Haunted House, Jungle Cruise, several rides around on the railroad and lunch at Cafe Oreleans and well, not a bad first day. We knocked off around 4. Did not want to get burned out on our first day.

Rope drop is amazing. It is worth it.

Tuesday we do dinner at BB and ???

I haven't even sorted laundry to wash so I can pack yet lol. I'm a procrastinator big time. My DH works all week so its up to me to get the house clean and get clothes for me and the kids washed and packed.

I was going to do that today, but I didn't do a darn thing! haha.

Bags are packed, alarm is set.........just 5 hours left till we begin the trip to DL!! Which probably means I should get off the DIS.......but I'm too excited to sleep! TTFN DISsers!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter