Spring 2015 Dapper Day

We might be at the meet. We are meeting family that day so not sure of our schedule. So, lets just say I decide to get something for my hubby to wear were would I look. I was thinking of a hat and maybe a vest. I am thinking I won't be able to find it at Macy's though?
Thrift store! You should be able to find a hat at Macy's or Target...the newsies type are pretty common and so are the...well, not sure what they're called. Fedora!

Got a question for you Dapper Day experts....If my hubby just wants to visit DL for a few hours, and I buy him the convention rate ticket (the one that gets you in at 4 pm) thru the Dapper Day site, does he have to use it on Sunday, Mar. 1?

Got a question for you Dapper Day experts....If my hubby just wants to visit DL for a few hours, and I buy him the convention rate ticket (the one that gets you in at 4 pm) thru the Dapper Day site, does he have to use it on Sunday, Mar. 1?

You should be fine using it any day in the 12 day convention period around dapper days (not sure about the dd time frame outside the weekend). I double checked the fine print on that particular ticket and didn't see anything that indicated it had to be used on Sunday.

ETA: Just read this part on the main page "Tickets are valid for admission from Monday, February 23 –thru Friday, March 6, 2015". So you should be fine.

It just dawned on me. We'll be all dressed up for Dapper Day and won't be able to get a pic in front of the Castle. Major bummer.

You should be fine using it any day in the 12 day convention period around dapper days (not sure about the dd time frame outside the weekend). I double checked the fine print on that particular ticket and didn't see anything that indicated it had to be used on Sunday.

ETA: Just read this part on the main page "Tickets are valid for admission from Monday, February 23 –thru Friday, March 6, 2015". So you should be fine.

I saw that too but just wanted to make sure that he was ok if it was not on Sunday. And he may not dress up but I will be.

We might be at the meet. We are meeting family that day so not sure of our schedule. So, lets just say I decide to get something for my hubby to wear were would I look. I was thinking of a hat and maybe a vest. I am thinking I won't be able to find it at Macy's though?
I got DH a vest at Burlington coat factory. For hats, I'd look at Amazon. I bought DH a newsboys-style hat at Target a few months back.

Is anyone dressing up on Saturday as well? The FAQ on the Dapper Day website said some dress up for more then 1 day. I plan on dressing up on Saturday.
I think we're doing a steampunk theme for our group on Saturday. My DD8 will be bounding Mary Poppins and I think DD10 will be doing a loose Merida bound. My sister may be doing a steampunk NBC bound. I haven't figured out my outfit yet, I may be steampunk, just not bounding.

I saw that too but just wanted to make sure that he was ok if it was not on Sunday. And he may not dress up but I will be.

You could call the convention line to be sure, but I think you should be fine. Also, I have an AP and dressed up last year for DD, but I bought those tickets for my mom and sister and they decided not to dress up at the last minute and had no problems. They never even asked them any questions. The only time I was ever asked if I was attending DD was by the GCH when I checked in. It could have been just a friendly inquiry or a sneaky way of checking if I was parcipating since I got the discounted DD rates.

You could call the convention line to be sure, but I think you should be fine. Also, I have an AP and dressed up last year for DD, but I bought those tickets for my mom and sister and they decided not to dress up at the last minute and had no problems. They never even asked them any questions. The only time I was ever asked if I was attending DD was by the GCH when I checked in. It could have been just a friendly inquiry or a sneaky way of checking if I was parcipating since I got the discounted DD rates.
I'm prepared for them to ask me too, when we check in at the DLH.

Has anyone else looked at the weather for Sunday and got a tad worried? I know it's still early in the week, but if it rains on Sunday, man that would be lame.

We need to spread some good sunshine vibes into the universe!

I'm worried about rain, too! :worried: Our dapper outfits won't look so dapper with our bright raincoats, and the budget definitely doesn't allow for buying classy raincoats for the trip!

Just enough threat of rain to keep the worst of the crowds at bay, but no actual rain, would be fine. Come on, sunshine!!

I've been watching the weather on a regular basis for the past 3-4 days. Right now, Accuweather is saying showers on Saturday and clouds with sun and POSSIBLE showers. I know we need the rain badly here in California, but we all need to do our reverse rain dance for Sunday!!

If it rains, just wear clear rain coats.
Have fun splashing in puddles. And if one has a good singing voice, then perform singing in the rain. :)

The weather is driving me crazy! I don't know what to pack!:confused: I guess an umbrella, for sure!:umbrella:

Ugh, I know!! I tossed in an umbrella and grabbed a couple extra dollar store ponchos. I also grabbed my heavier black cardigan in case my light wrap isn't warm enough.

DS and I have disneybounding outfits for our whole trip, but I had to make a few quick adjustments in case the weather doesn't cooperate!

Ok all packed we fly out tomorrow night! Have a super cute dress but I am worried now that I will be too cold an or wet ... If I can swing it I will be in an eggplant and white polka dot swing dress and black cardi look for me!!! Would love to say hi

Looks like showers are back on for Sunday. Haven't even packed yet and we leave in 8 hours.

The weather.com predictions are driving me insane, they change back and forth multiple times a day (as I suppose weather reports do). Last night it showed no rain on Sunday and now it says rain all 4 days we're there Sunday thru Tuesday. Rain doesn't bother me, but sheesh, can the weather gods chill out (not literally please) for a few days!?

Don't forget about the DIS meet on Sunday everyone. 3:00 on the 3rd floor at the Grand (Above the check in desk). If it's rainy, at least it will be a nice place to stay dry and visit with some friends. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter