Spring 2015 Dapper Day

whoever

DIS Veteran
Who's going? What are your plans? When are you going to be there? Whatcha' wearing?

We are coming in Friday, leaving Sunday. Staying at the Grand. Probably arriving late-afternoon as we aren't taking the kids out of school. Only I can go into the parks on Friday though, so will likely just be hanging out at the Grand, DTD, or over at Trader Sam's Friday evening.

Here's the start of the outfits:

Here is Katherine's outfit. Its actually vintage.

DSCN3619%20(Large).JPG

And the start of Amy's outfit. Obviously she hasn't made the skirt yet.

DSCN3620%20(Large).JPG

The rest of our outfits will get pieced together in the coming week(s)

Love your dress!! I can't wait to see all the great outfits!

I had a dress picked out, but then decided I didn't love it, so of course I bought a new one. Now my friend and I are doing a Ariel and Eric look with my mom going as Ursula. This is my outfit:

OMGosh!!!! Amy is going to be adorable AGAIN!!! Where did she find her fabric this time? I love it!! :love:

My outfit is going to be themed after the old Club 33, and DizMe's outfit will be inspired by the new Club 33. I'm working on a pillbox hat, but so far I'm not thrilled with it. I ordered some fabric from Spoonflower, so I'll try again, and hopefully it will turn out better.

I haven't seen anything started about a meet yet, so why don't you take the bulls by the horn, Whoever, and we'll follow. :) DizMe and I spotted a nice little spot on the 3rd floor in the Grand that would make a nice meeting spot. There are chairs and a piano up there, and I believe it's just over the front desk area. We could grab a drink down below and head up there where it's a lot quieter than the bar was last time. Just an idea. :)

Love your dress!! I can't wait to see all the great outfits!

I had a dress picked out, but then decided I didn't love it, so of course I bought a new one. Now my friend and I are doing a Ariel and Eric look with my mom going as Ursula. This is my outfit:

Oh gosh! I love your outfit too!!! That dress is darling. Everything is just perfect! :love:

DS (7yrs) and I are arriving on Sunday to catch the last afternoon/evening of Dapper Day. We're staying at the Grand through March 5, and I really wanted to arrive in time for at least part of Dapper Day!

We're wearing Maleficent and Diablo inspired outfits - I've got a deep purple dress from ModCloth with a long black wrap over the top, and DS is wearing a black pinstripe vest & pants set with a purple shirt and a black pinstripe fedora. We're still working on the accessories to fill out the details.

DS is a big Disneybounding fan, and he's plotting out outfits for each day of the trip. I had to do a little convincing to get him to go with the fancy outfit on Sunday because he's very excited about his Winnie-the-Pooh and Bruce the Shark outfits. And then he originally wanted to do a Lightning McQueen Dapper Day outfit, but he wanted me to go as Flo and I couldn't afford to buy a new dress. I suggested that he could go as Lightning and I could just wear a nice dress, but DS likes having a theme, and I don't mind humoring him when I don't have to spend money to do it! :rotfl:

Personally, I think DS will be far more adorably dapper than I will!

Oh gosh! I love your outfit too!!! That dress is darling. Everything is just perfect! :love:

Thank you!! I also bought from Croc wedges in hopes they could possibly work for dapper day...NO! I am wearing them to work today and in an hour, I've already got blisters :sad1: I bought another pair, lets hope they are winners. If not, I am going back to trusty keds laceups.

OMGosh!!!! Amy is going to be adorable AGAIN!!! Where did she find her fabric this time? I love it!! :love:
Good question. I think she may have actually picked that up in her last fabric bender, just chose to keep it for a future project.

My outfit is going to be themed after the old Club 33, and DizMe's outfit will be inspired by the new Club 33. I'm working on a pillbox hat, but so far I'm not thrilled with it. I ordered some fabric from Spoonflower, so I'll try again, and hopefully it will turn out better.
Oooh. that's great!! You going to have a new/old logo thing going somewhere on the outfit/accessories too? When do we get preview pics?

I haven't seen anything started about a meet yet, so why don't you take the bulls by the horn, Whoever, and we'll follow. :) DizMe and I spotted a nice little spot on the 3rd floor in the Grand that would make a nice meeting spot. There are chairs and a piano up there, and I believe it's just over the front desk area. We could grab a drink down below and head up there where it's a lot quieter than the bar was last time. Just an idea. :)
I know the area. Here's a pic I took back in '13

DSC_3413%20(Large).jpg

BTW, I finally spun up my October trip report. I'm nearly through the end of Day 2 of 5. Seeing the pics and writing the TR, it all came flooding back.

Oooh. that's great!! You going to have a new/old logo thing going somewhere on the outfit/accessories too? When do we get preview pics?

I know the area. Here's a pic I took back in '13

DSC_3413%20(Large).jpg

BTW, I finally spun up my October trip report. I'm nearly through the end of Day 2 of 5. Seeing the pics and writing the TR, it all came flooding back.

Yep, that's the spot I was talking about! It always seems to be nice and quiet up there.

I'll post some pics of my Club 33 pillbox hat, after I finish the 2nd one. Yes, we'll be incorporating the old and new logos into our outfits. My hat is inspired by the old china. Remember the diamond design around the plates and cups? The design will be subtle, and I won't expect too many people to recognize it, but hopefully some will.:)

THERE you are, Whoever!! I was just going to post and see if anyone had heard from you! There is another thread around somewhere, but it sort of morphed from an older one.

I love the looks you've got going! That skirt is going to be awesome, and love the vintage kid outfit.

Nicoli, my jaw just dropped when I saw your outfit. Oo la la!!! It's FABULOUS!!

As DL2 said above, we're going as old...er, vintage Club 33 and new Club 33. She made the cutest hat that looks like a cup from the china they used to use! Her outfit is coming right along and she has made great strides with it!

Mine is still in the early planning stages. I am going as the new gates, LOL. I have a dark gold dress ordered from eshakti when they had a 50% off sale and I had a $35 coupon, so it came to $11 with shipping. Right after that, they sent me a $40 coupon so I bought a clearance dress for a future DD and it was only $9.49, which was the cost to ship it :)

I bought a blue satin dress at the thrift store and my plan is to applique some blue flowers on my gold dress. I have a fascinator in the same color and I'll add some touches to it but my ideas on that are not coalescing yet into a clear picture. I have a little vulture I may add (corny, I know, but I like corny and it goes with the theme) and some blue feathers. I don't know beyond that what I'll end up with. I don't have shoes yet--blue and marigold are not colors I've run across lately--but there's always the Sharpie method :rotfl2:

I'll add pictures after I upload some to my hosting site.

Ok, this is the inspiration for my outfit:
club33doors_zpsthteuwoz.jpg

This is my dress:
dddress_zps3epjzxx9.jpg

This is my fascinator:
club33fascinator_zpskt5vighu.jpg

And I'm hoping to get some earrings inspired by this:
club33chandelier_zpsiav9bqax.jpg

Maybe like this:
club%2033%20chandelier%20earrings_zpspxiknenn.jpg

And I'll have to take pictures of the other things. The blue satin dress ($2.50), by the way, is what I'm going to cut up to make the flower appliques. I will probably make some kind of logo necklace or add the logo to my hat.

It's somewhat subtle but it'll be fun.

NICE!! I can't wait to see it come together. Are the two of you dining at C33 this time around as well? I briefly thought about grabbing a sitter for the two youngest and then trying to score a reservation for Amy, Katherine, and I, but I'm not sure I want to try. Katherine is of the age now that she could attend C33, and is actually excited to do so.

NICE!! I can't wait to see it come together. Are the two of you dining at C33 this time around as well? I briefly thought about grabbing a sitter for the two youngest and then trying to score a reservation for Amy, Katherine, and I, but I'm not sure I want to try. Katherine is of the age now that she could attend C33, and is actually excited to do so.

I don't think we're dining at the Club this visit, although it would be the perfect time to do it in our Club 33 Dapper dresses! We were wondering if they'd let us in the Court just for a photo. Probably not. We decided to do the hot cocoa by the fire place at the Napa Rose as our special treat, this time around. I have a trip to the park this weekend also, so I need to watch my pennies. :)

I love seeing everyone's outfits! It's so fun to see all the creativity!

Does anyone have a favorite skirt pattern for vintage/dapper outfits? I don't sew, but I have a friend who absolutely loves making clothing and costumes for other people. I had mentioned to her that I was recently given a bag of vintage Winnie-the-Pooh sheets, and I thought it would be fun to make a skirt or dress out of them to wear to Disneyland. I'm under 5', so we might be able to squeeze out a dress, but a skirt looks definitely possible. We both agree that we should pick a vintage style to go with the vintage sheets, but I'm not sure where to begin! Any sewers here who have ideas?

Does anyone have a favorite skirt pattern for vintage/dapper outfits? I don't sew, but I have a friend who absolutely loves making clothing and costumes for other people. I had mentioned to her that I was recently given a bag of vintage Winnie-the-Pooh sheets, and I thought it would be fun to make a skirt or dress out of them to wear to Disneyland. I'm under 5', so we might be able to squeeze out a dress, but a skirt looks definitely possible. We both agree that we should pick a vintage style to go with the vintage sheets, but I'm not sure where to begin! Any sewers here who have ideas?

I'll pass your request along to the wife and see what she comes up with. She makes her DD outfit every year, and components of mine as well.

I don't think we're dining at the Club this visit, although it would be the perfect time to do it in our Club 33 Dapper dresses! We were wondering if they'd let us in the Court just for a photo. Probably not.

Do it!!! I wonder if the club will be packed or empty that weekend. I need my C33 fix somehow even if vicariously.

We decided to do the hot cocoa by the fire place at the Napa Rose as our special treat, this time around. I have a trip to the park this weekend also, so I need to watch my pennies. :)

Sidecars by the fireplace will liven the night up.

I make skirts and dresses out of vintage Disney sheets, fabrics, etc. all the time. (I have a Mickey one I'm going to wear for Dapper Day... or maybe my Marvel dress, so many options it's hard to decide.)

By and far my favourite pattern is a simple dirndl skirt. Very easy to self draft. All you need is your waist measurement. Here's a good tutorial to use.

http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/2009/08/sew-full-gathered-skirt-part-one-make.html

I've also made basic blouses as well with vintage Disney prints, they pair well with a simple black pencil skirt.

There are so many amazing vintage disney sheets/fabrics on ebay. I went searching for the Mickey paint-a-rainbow sheets for my daughters dapper day dress and a bunch of others popped up. It was hard not to get sidetracked.

There are so many amazing vintage disney sheets/fabrics on ebay. I went searching for the Mickey paint-a-rainbow sheets for my daughters dapper day dress and a bunch of others popped up. It was hard not to get sidetracked.

My wife has a Disney fabric addiction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter