Spring 2015 Dapper Day

O....M....G, nicoli!!! That dress is beyond cute!!! I'm so in love with it, too! Don't you wish you could borrow it? :goodvibes

whoever, I'm not sure disneyluvr2 is going to get a chance to answer for a while. She's on her way to DL! We have some of the old club china, too. If you remember the pattern below, you can see that the fabric match is pretty exact! You can find all kinds of cool fabrics (including that one) at spoonflower.com. It can be pricey though. You can also design your own! They used to have a HM fabric, which lcasa and I used before, but it's no longer on the site. We wondered if Disney maybe shuts down those patterns when they catch wind of them. *ETA: oops! Never mind! The HM fabric is back :)

ddoldchina_zpsdsvitv7p.jpg

Here is my initial attempt at a "New 33" necklace.

club33necklace_zpsieqpopg7.jpg

O....M....G, nicoli!!! That dress is beyond cute!!! I'm so in love with it, too! Don't you wish you could borrow it? :goodvibes

whoever, I'm not sure disneyluvr2 is going to get a chance to answer for a while. She's on her way to DL! We have some of the old club china, too. If you remember the pattern below, you can see that the fabric match is pretty exact! You can find all kinds of cool fabrics (including that one) at spoonflower.com. It can be pricey though. You can also design your own! They used to have a HM fabric, which lcasa and I used before, but it's no longer on the site. We wondered if Disney maybe shuts down those patterns when they catch wind of them. *ETA: oops! Never mind! The HM fabric is back :)

YES! I thought for a second of maybe getting another sheet and making a skirt for me, but I figured I'd let her shine on her own (this time), LOL!

whoever, I'm not sure disneyluvr2 is going to get a chance to answer for a while. She's on her way to DL!
Lucky girl. One of my team is doing DL this weekend too. Lucky her!!!

We have some of the old club china, too. If you remember the pattern below, you can see that the fabric match is pretty exact! You can find all kinds of cool fabrics (including that one) at spoonflower.com. It can be pricey though. You can also design your own! They used to have a HM fabric, which lcasa and I used before, but it's no longer on the site. We wondered if Disney maybe shuts down those patterns when they catch wind of them. *ETA: oops! Never mind! The HM fabric is back :)

Here is my initial attempt at a "New 33" necklace.

Oooh... do you have a Charger????? I wish I could find a charger, but nobody is giving those up.

The "New 33" necklace looks great.... the logo... well... everybody knows my opinion on the new logo. :cool1:

Lucky girl. One of my team is doing DL this weekend too. Lucky her!!!

Oooh... do you have a Charger????? I wish I could find a charger, but nobody is giving those up.

The "New 33" necklace looks great.... the logo... well... everybody knows my opinion on the new logo. :cool1:

No, we don't have a charger; sure wish we did. We have a cup that has the same design as the charger. I'll PM you about it.

Yep...not only do I not like the new logo, I don't like the new gates. I'll be wearing things I don't like :scratchin:rotfl:
club%2033%20cup_zpsr5r1yleo.jpg

No, we don't have a charger; sure wish we did. We have a cup that has the same design as the charger. I'll PM you about it.

Yep...not only do I not like the new logo, I don't like the new gates. I'll be wearing things I don't like :scratchin:rotfl:
club%2033%20cup_zpsr5r1yleo.jpg
Lol.... and I do not like that I cannot get past the gate to see the court of angels! :faint:

I have never seen that particular application of the design. Pretty interesting.

We have pictures of disneyluvr2 drinking from that exact cup on one of our Club 33 visits :) I'll see if I can find one.

club33nancy_zpsuoiie5uk.jpg

You all have totally inspired me! I bought some vintage dress patterns on etsy. Hope I can do something with them. I have some other options as backup though. I'll post pictures when I figure out how :)

Well, if we are going to have the meet for Dapper Day, we should go dapper, so that puts it on Sunday. Given the crowd levels last year, I think that early afternoon would be best personally. DL was all but immovable around 3pm due to crowds, so I think that makes the perfect time to get away and go do the meet and have a few adult beverages. I like the Grand for the meets, and the recommendation of meeting on the 3rd floor by the front of the hotel by the piano is a great one. The real question will be would we be able to have a wait-staff serve us up there.. The meet last year was outside by the fireplace, which was good and bad. I like the outdoor meet, and the previous wedding area garden is a nice spot for pics, but being the designated smoking area for the resort was not so great. Hmm... decisions.

Well, if we are going to have the meet for Dapper Day, we should go dapper, so that puts it on Sunday. Given the crowd levels last year, I think that early afternoon would be best personally. DL was all but immovable around 3pm due to crowds, so I think that makes the perfect time to get away and go do the meet and have a few adult beverages. I like the Grand for the meets, and the recommendation of meeting on the 3rd floor by the front of the hotel by the piano is a great one. The real question will be would we be able to have a wait-staff serve us up there.. The meet last year was outside by the fireplace, which was good and bad. I like the outdoor meet, and the previous wedding area garden is a nice spot for pics, but being the designated smoking area for the resort was not so great. Hmm... decisions.

There is a Dapper Day event on the lawn at DLH most of the earlier part of the day. I think it runs from 11-3, so I like your idea on the time. What about if we just tell everyone to meet on the 3rd floor and bring a drink? Here's an idea: it wouldn't be hard to have some drinks premade and ready to go. For instance, French martinis are easy to put together ahead of time and just put in the shaker when ready. Whoever can fill his ice bucket since he's staying there and bring it to our spot :) Something to consider, especially if you're on a budget!

rms123, Woohoo!!! Good luck with your vintage patterns! Our friend lcasa makes her dress every DD from vintage patterns and they're always so cute. She even makes matching pillbox hats! I myself have the plan to do it but usually default to premade :rolleyes1

Tom, I look forward to seeing you again soon! Maybe I'll wear all my buttons :)

I have never seen that particular application of the design. Pretty interesting.
Hi! I'm back from my happy place and had a greet weekend! Thanks for filling in for me DizMe! :)
I used to order hot tea after dinner, at the Club. just so I could drink from one of these cups. LOL! It came with rock candy on a stick to sweeten your tea. Now that I'm home I can start working on my pillbox hat. I'm really nervous to cut up the fabric and get started though!!:scared:

Hi everyone -- I'm so excited to get to Disneyland at the end of this month. I made all my hats last week (and my husband's hat band, too), and my Dadpper day partner and crime and I met up this weekend to work on my dress. We are staying through Monday, and we are all wearing Mouseketeer outfits on Monday, so we made our shirts for that event, as well. In total there will be 9 of us, and I'm hoping we can get a big group shot with Mickey Mouse that day.

What do you think it will be like on Sunday evening at DL? We are thinking of booking a sitter to watch all our kids on Sunday evening so that we can go enjoy some of the bigger/faster rides without worrying about the kids.

Also, can someone tell me how to upload pictures to these posts? I'd love to share with you what I've been working on. I really love my hat. It is ridiculous and fun and perfect for a dole whip disneybound.

Hi everyone -- I'm so excited to get to Disneyland at the end of this month. I made all my hats last week (and my husband's hat band, too), and my Dadpper day partner and crime and I met up this weekend to work on my dress. We are staying through Monday, and we are all wearing Mouseketeer outfits on Monday, so we made our shirts for that event, as well. In total there will be 9 of us, and I'm hoping we can get a big group shot with Mickey Mouse that day.

What do you think it will be like on Sunday evening at DL? We are thinking of booking a sitter to watch all our kids on Sunday evening so that we can go enjoy some of the bigger/faster rides without worrying about the kids.

Also, can someone tell me how to upload pictures to these posts? I'd love to share with you what I've been working on. I really love my hat. It is ridiculous and fun and perfect for a dole whip disneybound.
Oh, I can't wait to see your hats. kangamama!!! I haven't posted any pics with this new layout yet, but I'm sure DizMe, or someone else will come along and help you. Your Mouseketeer outfits sound adorable!!! That's something I've always wanted to do also. I hope we see you! Please post pics when you figure out how!!

I'd love to see you guys, too. I'm not sure if I will be able to make a Sunday afternoon meet up -- I'll be with a group of 9, and I'm not yet sure what everyone's to-do list is going to have on it. I'll definitely post photos if nothing else.

Hey come to think of it, on my to do list is to have drinks with my husband at Napa Rose. If you are just going in for drinks/dessert are reservations required?

Make sure you post pics of your outfits kangamama, that way if you don't make it to the meet, we'll at least recognize you in the park like last time. :)

I think you can sit in the lounge at the Napa Rose for drinks and dessert without reservations. Correct me if I'm wrong because that's what we're going to do too.

As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I certainly will :) Once you've seen my hat, you won't be able to miss me if you see me.

I checked on Napa Rose, and if you are headed to the lounge, no reservations are necessary.

As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I certainly will :) Once you've seen my hat, you won't be able to miss me if you see me.

I checked on Napa Rose, and if you are headed to the lounge, no reservations are necessary.
Hi, KM! I'm still getting used to this new format. I don't like change, lol! I was happy with the old boards. Anyway, when you hit 'reply' you will see the icons at the top. The one that looks like a picture of mountains and sun (next to the smiley face) is what you click to post pictures. *BUT...you can't post them directly from your computer. The picture has to be uploaded to a hosting site like photobucket or flickr first. Once your picture is on a hosting site, just grab the url for it and paste it into the box that will come up when you click the picture icon. Now, this is a new format so it's possible that it will allow you to upload directly. I haven't tried it yet so let me go do that now...I see below me an 'upload a file' box, so let's see what that does. Ah! It appears you CAN post pics from your computer if you click on the 'Upload a File box in the bottom right corner. If this works, you will see a picture of the mukluks I just knitted for my daughter :flower:

Attachments

• callesmuks2.jpg
    callesmuks2.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 9

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter