Sports: Deflate-Gate

They didn't?
Nope. And after a lot of reading yesterday and today, I'm not impressed.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...riots-for-not-cooperating-with-investigation/

Quotes from above link: "The Wells report said that the Patriots refused to make officials locker room attendant Jim McNally available for a follow-up interview which was requested, despite our offer to meet at any time and location that would be convenient for McNally."

"The report said Patriots counsel apparently didn’t inform McNally of the request, and that the refusal “violated the club‟s obligations to cooperate with the investigation under the Policy on Integrity of the Game & Enforcement of League Rules and was inconsistent with public statements made by the Patriots pledging full cooperation with the investigation.”

...the article goes on to say....

"The team wasn’t alone playing keep-away, as quarterback Tom Brady refused to provide text messages and e-mails “even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation” which means they weren’t just looking for cell phone pics of Gisele Bundchen."

Oddly enough, the "transparent" Patriot organization didn't fully cooperate with the investigation. So that's why you get "probably."

I am as much of a Pats fan as anyone and I am pretty disgusted by this whole thing, something that didn't need to be done was done for no good reason as far as I can tell. That being said, you read the entire report, listened to people talk about it and you come to the conclusion that "probably" came as a result of the Pats not fully cooperating? Really? Probably came as a result of no one actually seeing anything but, given the circumstances, it would appear as though someone in the Pats organization deflated the balls.

...the article goes on to say....

"The team wasn’t alone playing keep-away, as quarterback Tom Brady refused to provide text messages and e-mails “even though those requests were limited to the subject matter of our investigation” which means they weren’t just looking for cell phone pics of Gisele Bundchen."

That (bolded) was the first thing that came to my mind :teeth:

10422127_10203152090918241_5088056995705113564_n.jpg

Perhaps they did not have access to enough of the data?

Perhaps, but at what point is "enough" data and what point is "not enough"? Is 4 interviews with a part time seasonal locker room attendant enough? Are some texts between 2 part time seasonal attendants enough? Are some texts between an attendant and TB enough? Could it be they wanted more until they found "the smoking gun", if it actually existed or not?

Perhaps, but at what point is "enough" data and what point is "not enough"? Is 4 interviews with a part time seasonal locker room attendant enough? Are some texts between 2 part time seasonal attendants enough? Are some texts between an attendant and TB enough? Could it be they wanted more until they found "the smoking gun", if it actually existed or not?
They deliberately chose not to fully cooperate. The penalty might be a game or two, we'll see.
But I don't think they are in any danger of forfeiting the Super Bowl win. They seem to have come up with a tactic that worked overall in their favor.

They deliberately chose not to fully cooperate. The penalty might be a game or two, we'll see.
But I don't think they are in any danger of forfeiting the Super Bowl win. They seem to have come up with a tactic that worked overall in their favor.

Agreed but by fully cooperate, I read they didn't tell McNally about the request for a 5TH follow up, after the first 4 (not sure why they couldn't go directly to McNally) and TB saying he wasn't turning over ALL his texts and emails for review (wouldn't they need to look at ALL of them, including personal and unrelated, in order to figure out if they MAY be part of the investigation? Further, would it have made a difference if he DID turn over his phone? Wouldn't the accusations then be "he must have deleted them"?

As was previously mentioned, those in favor and those against are going to see this in the light THEY want to see it (myself included). There's no doubt someone or something affected those balls. What will never be known is who did it and who knew about it (unless that smoking is actually brought forward, IF it exists).

Can't someone with good video equipment just superimpose pictures,clips from overhead camera from HD copies of Pats game to see how often this was done. If zoomed to the same size wouldn't Patriots balls be hallowed by other teams balls if not filled appropriately.

What I don't enjoy about the NFL these days is the fact that certain teams just dominate. It makes for a boring season and nothing to look forward to if you back a middle or struggling team.

I disagree. The NFL may be the most balanced of any sport with the salary cap. Which makes the Patriots dominance during this period even more striking. For better or worse -depending how you look at it.

Quotes from above link: "The Wells report said that the Patriots refused to make officials locker room attendant Jim McNally available for a follow-up interview which was requested, despite our offer to meet at any time and location that would be convenient for McNally."
He had been interviewed 4 times and they deemed a 5th interview accessive when he has a full time job NOT with the Patriots that he kept being pulled from.

All this discussion on cheating -I just heard Boomer Esiason(you've heard of him?) say that EVERY NFL QB doctors the ball towards their liking. No offense, I'm going to go with his opinion on this one. But feel free to convince me why your opinions are more correct than his.

I found this take interesting in today's USA Today...

If Cleveland Browns general manager Ray Farmer was banned for four games for text messaging his coaching staff during a game, if Atlanta Falcons President Rich McKay was temporarily kicked off the competition committee he chairs for noise pollution at the Georgia Dome, if coach Sean Payton and GM Mickey Loomis were suspended a few years ago amid the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal, then Brady needs to take a seat, too, in the name of integrity.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rt-saints-sean-payton-roger-goodell/70911002/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter