Spacing of Meals

shana398

Mouseketeer
We are traveling to Disney the last week in Aug/first week in Sept. On our first full day, which is a HS day, I have a Sci-Fi lunch at 11:05 a.m. and a Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner package at 4:50 p.m. Is this enough time in between lunch and dinner? We plan on a smallish lunch at Sci-Fi. We have never been to Sci-Fi and I think my DS4 would love it; however, I still want to do the Fantasmic package for the seating and not having to wait in too much of a line for Fantasmic.

Thanks!

I think that would be fine as long as you don't overeat at Sci-fi. You could even just have appetizers and share a dessert or split a meal to keep it lighter. Are you using the dining plan? Because if you are, it might be a waste of a table service credit if you are doing both.

if you are on the dining plan i would say no, waste of a table service. we are doing same thing as you a 450 for mama melrose for a dinner package and that day we get up and normall eat breakfast in the hotel then head over to the park and eat a snack to tide us over untill dinner because at mama melrose you app, dinner and dessert so you wanna make sure you enjoy it all. or that day we eat an early lunch/breakfast in the park like 10ish. i wouldnt waste a table service on a day you are getting a three course meal not even 5 hours later.

We are not on the dining plan this year for the first time. I was thinking of either splitting a burger with my son or ordering off the kids menu if that's allowed. My son would love the atmosphere, and we've never gotten around to doing Sci-Fi. There is also an 11:50 Mama Melrose Fantasmic package that same day, but there is only a 7:15 Sci-Fi for diner, so I'm afraid that would cut it too close to Fantasmic.

I find 6 hours a good spacing. And the last time we had ADR's at Mama Melrose, we had to wait 45 minutes for our table (which I think is unusual).

I think splitting a burger with your son would be the perfect idea! And maybe a dessert.. because well your on vacation. Was not impressed with the kid's menu there and wouldn't suggest an adult eat from it but I am a food snob :)

At first I thought that timing was kind of close, but the more I think about it, it seems fine. I would agree to keep the lunch lighter though!

If you are careful to eat a light meal at lunch, I think it is manageable. I try not to do ADRs for lunch and dinner on the same day unless I just can't make my plans work any other way and then I space them as far apart as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter