Space Mtn & Soarin' Over CA down for refurb 5/28!

Closed as in never open? It has several down times during the day. A ball cap flies off and gets in the slot, a battery goes out, there are any number of reasons it can go down. The positive side, they have seriously improved how fast they can get it back up. When they first went down last June, it was always a minimum of 1 hour when it went down. Now, they can usually get back up in 15 mins.

Thanks! Good info.

For those faithful lovers of Soarin', it appears as though this attraction if off the OSHA related hit list, and California Screamin's closures last week (on and off for multiple days) do not appear as though they will persist in the following weeks. Essentially, the California Adventure Park should be free and clear of the recent drama, which is great news!

The OSHA related inspections (words used deliberately as Disney has been closing various attractions VOLUNTARILY yet RANDOMLY since the OSHA report was released) continue to cloud several marquee attractions. It appears that the most controversial attraction at this point appears to be Space, which will be closed again to start the week. Various unconfirmed reports have the attraction listed being as reopened as early as Thursday (those with the glass half full will point to the most accurate [though least detailed] source......Disneyland.com), yet other pessimists believe they have "heard" the ride will be closed through early June. Keep an eye on Finding Nemo subs, which was closed the vast majority of this past weekend - no telling whether OSHA was involved in this or not (someone is quoted as saying OSHA had divers in the lagoon................which pre-empted the ride's closure over the weekend), which I don't believe for a second. It is scheduled for reopening today.

For all of you Matterhorn lovers (I am a party to this group), stay tuned on the timing of the reopening of Space - one thing that is not in dispute is the imminent closure of the Matterhorn once Space reopens. Disney is eager to reschedule the two-week April refurbishment of the Matterhorn. This is an unfortunate development for May Disneyland visitors who would hope to ride this attraction. Disney is apprehensive to commence with the Matterhorn until the Space issue has been resolved. Their previous decision to close both attractions (concurrent with the planned long-term renovation of Big Thunder) was met with much criticism from those inside the parks.

At this point, Disney has been making progress and hopefully the random closures at Disneyland (those related to OSHA and not conducted during the normal course of operations) will soon be coming to an end.

For those faithful lovers of Soarin', it appears as though this attraction if off the OSHA related hit list, and California Screamin's closures last week (on and off for multiple days) do not appear as though they will persist in the following weeks. Essentially, the California Adventure Park should be free and clear of the recent drama, which is great news!

The OSHA related inspections (words used deliberately as Disney has been closing various attractions VOLUNTARILY yet RANDOMLY since the OSHA report was released) continue to cloud several marquee attractions. It appears that the most controversial attraction at this point appears to be Space, which will be closed again to start the week. Various unconfirmed reports have the attraction listed being as reopened as early as Thursday (those with the glass half full will point to the most accurate [though least detailed] source......Disneyland.com), yet other pessimists believe they have "heard" the ride will be closed through early June. Keep an eye on Finding Nemo subs, which was closed the vast majority of this past weekend - no telling whether OSHA was involved in this or not (someone is quoted as saying OSHA had divers in the lagoon................which pre-empted the ride's closure over the weekend), which I don't believe for a second. It is scheduled for reopening today.

For all of you Matterhorn lovers (I am a party to this group), stay tuned on the timing of the reopening of Space - one thing that is not in dispute is the imminent closure of the Matterhorn once Space reopens. Disney is eager to reschedule the two-week April refurbishment of the Matterhorn. This is an unfortunate development for May Disneyland visitors who would hope to ride this attraction. Disney is apprehensive to commence with the Matterhorn until the Space issue has been resolved. Their previous decision to close both attractions (concurrent with the planned long-term renovation of Big Thunder) was met with much criticism from those inside the parks.

At this point, Disney has been making progress and hopefully the random closures at Disneyland (those related to OSHA and not conducted during the normal course of operations) will soon be coming to an end.

Several people have asked - but you never answer.

Where do you get your information? :confused3

Thank you! We are visiting at the end of the summer and hoping all is resolved by then. I too really like the Matterhorn. Reminds me of a wild mouse ride I used to ride when I was a small kid in a park that is long gone.

If you're really into the wild mouse type ride, have you tried Goofys Sky School? Pretty much identical to the wild mouse ride at Great America.

Inside the Park now: California Screamin is closed and has been closed most of the morning. No formal explanation is being given. I am not sure if this is related to last week's events or not. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is a short-term issue, and not indicative of its thrill counterpart (Space) across the way.

chocolatetown said:

Your post reads like a news article and I just to make sure I'm understanding your entire post, the current information is:
The only attraction closed right now is Space Mountain (aside from the very well-known and expected long refurb on Big Thunder). And Matterhorn is still scheduled to close, as it has been for quite some time. Thats the bottom line, right?

- Dreams

Your post reads like a news article and I just to make sure I'm understanding your entire post, the current information is:
The only attraction closed right now is Space Mountain (aside from the very well-known and expected long refurb on Big Thunder). And Matterhorn is still scheduled to close, as it has been for quite some time. Thats the bottom line, right?

- Dreams

FWIW, your assessment matches the DL website. Space is listed as "pending" and BTMRR and the Lincoln/Opera theater are down for refurbs. I know that's not always the most up to date, but it's looking like things are back on track except for Space Mountain.

When is the Matterhorn scheduled to close? I double checked the Disneyland website for our trip dates (5/2 & 5/3) and it only shows BTMRR down, which I had already known about.
Tia!

When is the Matterhorn scheduled to close? I double checked the Disneyland website for our trip dates (5/2 & 5/3) and it only shows BTMRR down, which I had already known about.
Tia!

The Matterhorn was scheduled to be down for two weeks in April for testing - but due to Space being down, they have delayed that testing.

I have not read anything official from Disney as to when they plan to close the Matterhorn to complete the testing, but speculation is that it will be sometime after they open re-open Space.

FWIW, your assessment matches the DL website. Space is listed as "pending" and BTMRR and the Lincoln/Opera theater are down for refurbs. I know that's not always the most up to date, but it's looking like things are back on track except for Space Mountain.

:thumbsup2

Inside the Park now: California Screamin is closed and has been closed most of the morning. No formal explanation is being given. I am not sure if this is related to last week's events or not. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this is a short-term issue, and not indicative of its thrill counterpart (Space) across the way.
If you are inside the park and reporting this, some people who are reporting times on MouseWait at the same time (15 min wait) are off....

The OSHA related inspections (words used deliberately as Disney has been closing various attractions VOLUNTARILY yet RANDOMLY since the OSHA report was released) continue to cloud several marquee attractions. It appears that the most controversial attraction at this point appears to be Space, which will be closed again to start the week.
Have you ever heard of plagiarism?

I am not inside the Park, but looking at one the many wait time apps. California Screamin' is open and running. I think it's important to remember that attractions can close for a variety of reasons and a formal explanation is not always needed. Also, just because something is closed does not mean it has anything to do with "last week's events."

Looks like it's been open and running all afternoon so if you are still at the park, you can go ride it now. :cool1:

photo_zps099ef516.jpg

^ DL Wait Times app screeenshot

- Dreams

I checked that as well and saw that Screamin was open not long after it was posted that it was closed earlier on this thread - I am not taking anything said by that certain individual seriously.

Screamin was definitely closed for all of EMH and then some then opened then closed again. It's been very on and off today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter