Space Mtn & Soarin' Over CA down for refurb 5/28!

Dreams... You seem to be the defender of Disney at all cost. :confused3

ROFL. I comment on the topic for the first time in several days with simply state facts and you come after me. - sigh -

To review, you said:

So Goofy's Sky School is back up, but now Golden Zephyr is down, Indy is back up, of course California Screamin is still down - it seems like Disney is making like a disorganized housewife trying to do a quick scrub of all her toilets as she just found out her in-laws are arriving? :duck:

They are looking pretty pathetic, sorry! :sick:

I simply replied with the facts that
...Golden Zephyr was closed due to the parade. Scheduled, daily closure. Nothing pathetic there. Normal operating procedure....

I don't consider that "defending Disney at all costs." I was just stating facts. :teacher:

ETA: I disagree with so many other things you stated above, but I will not be drawn into getting into opinions and views here as everyone views the world through their own eyes. I am just stating facts.

- Dreams

Hey I just want to know where do people get there info from? I looked at disneyland.com and I see that SM and Sorin are only closed till 4/26. Are there better places to look than at disneyland.com?

Hey I just want to know where do people get there info from? I looked at disneyland.com and I see that SM and Sorin are only closed till 4/26. Are there better places to look than at disneyland.com?

If you want "official" information, which is what I suggesting basing anything upon, disneyland.com is your best source. Disney Parks blog can also be a good place for information. All other sources are second-hand information.

Welcome to DIS,
Dreams

Mousewait currently has a wait time listed for Soarin. I'm taking this as a good sign and hoping SM will be open by the time I get there in a little over a week.

Dreams - I appreciate you trying to state just the facts and you're right, many of those other closures have been listed in the refurbs.

The calendar at Disneyland.com has been absent of Soarin on the refurb list since at least 3:10 PM this afternoon.

Looks like dreams is at it again.
No need to pour gasoline on the fire, what Dreams said today in regards to this thread wasn't insulting nor was it even opinionated. I find it annoying that people have been jumping to conclusions about further rides being closed because of OSHA when they really have no idea so I think the clarification she provided was helpful.

What can be even more annoying is when people gang up on one person so let's not carry the playground mentality further.

I stand by my pathetic comment - they are playing catch up - they should have been on top of the majority of these issues long ago - things happen daily I know, but I think many people agree they handled this poorly.

The fact they are not saying anything screams negligence to me.

Disney is an extremely profitable company. I would be livid if I was there while this was happening. Ya'll wouldn't hear the end of it.

RSR is closed now? Does anyone know why or for how long? We arrive on Monday. Are in the parks Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I really hope we get to ride it. I rode it for the first time last summer. It's really fun! My parents are coming along this time and they have never been on it. Please be open!! Pretty please!:flower3:

It's always down during the day. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

I think RSR is down all the time, I doubt that has anything to do with the issues about Space of Soarin.

Also, the Mariposa Pool and Spa plus the kiddie pool and poolside restrooms at GC are closed as well.

Bummer! First I've heard about this! Do you know for how long?

As far as all the closures, I would rather know about them ahead of time so that I can adjust my (and my kid's) expectations. There is plenty of park left to see!

Before CHocolate gets here this morning, I thought I'd offer his morning update. It is Saturday at 7:13 am, and every single ride at Disneyland and DCA is closed. Its a horrible day.

(Please note this is tongue in cheek, and rides are expected to open when the park does, or when they are supposed to open... FL and Tomorrowland rides that are not under refurb will open at EE time of 8am, rest except Toontown will open at 9am, and Toontown will open at 10am... Canoes don't open til 11am I believe, Columbia starts running at 11 I think, etc...)

Before CHocolate gets here this morning, I thought I'd offer his morning update. It is Saturday at 7:13 am, and every single ride at Disneyland and DCA is closed. Its a horrible day.

(Please note this is tongue in cheek, and rides are expected to open when the park does, or when they are supposed to open... FL and Tomorrowland rides that are not under refurb will open at EE time of 8am, rest except Toontown will open at 9am, and Toontown will open at 10am... Canoes don't open til 11am I believe, Columbia starts running at 11 I think, etc...)

HA HA!!! Just what I needed this morning!

How come RSR is closed every day?

Race cars are infamous for their high maintenance. I knew a guy who drove a very fine car, but that brand has a bad rep for breaking down. He finally had to sell it because he couldn't afford the upkeep.

How come RSR is closed every day?
Closed as in never open? It has several down times during the day. A ball cap flies off and gets in the slot, a battery goes out, there are any number of reasons it can go down. The positive side, they have seriously improved how fast they can get it back up. When they first went down last June, it was always a minimum of 1 hour when it went down. Now, they can usually get back up in 15 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter