• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Southwest Park Ticket Offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I used the dates of my actual trip in February. I did email Southwest Vacations because I didn't have time for a lengthy phone conversation today. They got back to me rather quickly with this to say:

"Southwest Airline Vacations will receive an Disney confirmation number with in twenty-four hours of the booking but no actual ticket numbers. If you call in or send an email once it is available we can provided it to you."

I'm hoping we'll be able to use that confirmation number to either link directly or at least call Disney and have them assist with linking. Will update tomorrow when I check back for my numbers. They're going to have a lot of people hassling them for these numbers.

I believe that may be the key. Has anybody else bought with dates 60 days or less out?
I put in my dates for February. I ended up calling SW and she was calling Disney to get the reservation number. I was on hold for about 25 min. and she still never got through. So she is emailing them and will send me an email and call me when she gets the number.

Yeah, as I was driving home I realized, even for Will Call pick-up, you'd kind of need that "Disney Reservation Number" and perhaps even the barcode...

So they should be able to get it for you without too much hassle, I would hope.

Here's another question for you folks that also bought tickets:

How long after your purchase did you GET your initial Itinerary email (whether it had a code or not)?

My initial purchase took 14 hrs~ to get it; still waiting on the rest which were purchased around noon today.

Last edited:
Yeah, as I was driving home I realized, even for Will Call pick-up, you'd kind of need that "Disney Reservation Number" and perhaps even the barcode...

As with Park Savers tickets, Disney can't search for your Confirmation #s unless you have a reservation number from SWA.

The people who choose earlier travel dates when ordering will have their ticket orders processed more quickly. So, if you are concerned about having your Confirmation #s sent to you quickly, put the earliest date possible.

I have tickets purchased for a room only reservation for hubby and me. We were wanting to upgrade for another day and hoppers when we get there. My daughter and I have a trip in march. Can I change hubby's ticket to link to my daughters? I would like to just purchase the southwest deal so I can link now and get FP for that extra day. BTW we are within 30 days of travel.

I have tickets purchased for a room only reservation for hubby and me. We were wanting to upgrade for another day and hoppers when we get there. My daughter and I have a trip in march. Can I change hubby's ticket to link to my daughters? I would like to just purchase the southwest deal so I can link now and get FP for that extra day. BTW we are within 30 days of travel.
You can assign these tickets to anyone listed in your MDE. It's just digital info that can be assigned/reassigned up until the first use.

How long after your purchase did you GET your initial Itinerary email (whether it had a code or not)?

My initial purchase took 14 hrs~ to get it; still waiting on the rest which were purchased around noon today.

Good point on needing a number even for will call. I got my three emails in succession within about a minute of completing my order. I think I'll wait until tomorrow afternoon and call if I haven't received anything.

Mine came within 5 minutes.

I just emailed them asking if they price match.
They then told me I needed to link them the Southwest sale and they would compare their 5 day price of $408 to the sale. The Southwest sale has the 5 day Park Hopper for $368, since I
bought two sets of tickets they refunded me $80.
bummer...i just tried that with Under Cover Tourists and sadly they don't price match. Could have saved 80 bucks as well!

I purchased a single 6 day PH with the dates 11/14-11/17 today around 2:00PM. I haven't gotten my itinerary email yet. Based on the feedback here I'm speculating that if you put a date in the near future (next 30 days), you will receive a code in the first itinerary email.

Just curious, are you planning to use the tix for your Sept 2017 trip?? Is it confirmed that these tickets will not expire earlier? Would love to save a little bit of $$ for our Sept trip! Kindest Thanks!

Yes, I did. I called SWA and asked - but then realized that WDW Tickets do not expire until you use them.

I wonder if it can be paid for using Southwest points... I didn't see that written on the site, unless I just missed it...

I wonder if it can be paid for using Southwest points... I didn't see that written on the site, unless I just missed it...

They cannot be paid for with points. SW Vacations is a different entity than SW airlines.

So no expiration - whatsoever? Our family doesn't plan on going again until 2018. I can only imagine what the cost will be then! Just hang on to the reservation number? TIA!

For those with closer table dates have you gotten the info needed to link your tickets pretty quickly? We leave next Wednesday but wondering if I would need to plan on will call pick up or if I could get it set up before we get there to be able to get some fast passes taken care off. I was going to order 5 of the 6 day hoppers if that makes a difference.

At 10:15AM today (same time I got yesterday's itinerary), I got the 2 itineraries from my later purchases.

Both have barcodes, though the one purchase for 2 passes only has 1 code... May need to call on that one. (For those that have used ParkSavers, do they give you 1 code to redeem for multiple tickets if you purchase more than 1?) EDIT: Looks like the 1 code redeems for all the tickets in the purchase. Did not know that. Nice!

So yeah, putting in travel dates that are in the near future seems to get the codes quicker.

Every ticket that I've purchased with travel dates of "11/2/2016 to 11/5/2016" has gotten me an Itinerary with codes for MDE at 10:15AM sharp the following day.

Last edited:
I just received the barcode for our 6 6-Day Hopper passes. Question: how do I get the individual ticket numbers for each ticket that I purchased? Do I have to call Disney or do I call back and talk to SWA rep?

I just received the barcode for our 6 6-Day Hopper passes. Question: how do I get the individual ticket numbers for each ticket that I purchased? Do I have to call Disney or do I call back and talk to SWA rep?

Use that barcode code/Disney Reservation Number on MDE, when you hit "Link Ticket". Hit Next, and then you should see a prompt to assign all 6 of your passes to people on your Family & Friends list.

No call to Disney or Southwest Vacations needed

Nevermind - I scanned the barcode in my Disneyworld Experience App and viola the tickets showed up. Matched each one and we are all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter